Stack and Cluster Column Chart Type

Is it possible to chart various lines in cluster column chart type and also
have a bar using the stacked method?

Thank You for your help.

0
Michael28

Michael28 wrote:
>Is it possible to chart various bars in cluster column chart type and also
>have a bar using the stacked method?
>
>Thank You for your help.

0
Michael28
10/18/2006 11:25:37 PM
Hi,

Links to examples can be found here,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Links to examples can be found here,
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Michael28 wrote:
> > Is it possible to chart various lines in cluster column chart type and also
> > have a bar using the stacked method?
> >
> > Thank You for your help.
> >

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Chris6982 (632)

Display a total of several series on a chart
I would like dispaly a total of several series on a stacked bar chart, without having to create a text box and manually add it. Any ideas? 1. Calculate the totals in your data, then add the totals to the chart as a new series. 2. Select the Total series, and change the chart type to Line. 3. Select the Line, choose Format>Selected Data Series, and set the Line to None and Markers to None 4. On the Labels tab, select Value, click OK 5. Select the Data Labels, choose Format>Selected Data Labels, and align them above the series. Irene wrote: > I would like dispaly ...

Charts in Reports 10-10-07
I would like to have a report that just contains a column chart to graphically show the count of the types of complaints and the timeframe . I have built a simple query, with a 'Date of Complaint' and 'Complaint Category' field. The query has a date parameter prompt of 'BeginDate' and 'EndDate'. I have used the Chart Wizard when trying to create a chart, but it doesn't graph anything, the graph shows up blank. Can anyone help me make a simple graph based on my query.I am new to graphs in Access and would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance......

Add Chart Columns
I can not successfuly add a new column to my Weight chart. I can re-build the entire chart. The Chart is a simple column chart with date on the X axis and a column for daily weight on the Y axis. This tutorial: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051984721033.aspx#DifferentData Talks about different colored sizing handles that can be used to drag chart data to the chart area. It does not explain how to acquire the colored sizing handles. Any help to help me find way to add chart data will be appreciated. Office 2003 Thank The chart has to be embedded on the data sheet to see the ou...

SQL job type workflow
I would like to automate some business processes that would require a sql job in typical client/server world. An example is that I would like to change a field that designates the primary address based on a date range. This process would run at midnight and it would update any account's address where today's date fits in the seasonal date range. Is it possible to insert C# code on workflow processes or get to it via the SDK. How would you best handle these type of automation jobs if workflow doesn't give you this functionality? Thanks, John ...

Excel Column References
My spread sheets have spontaneously switched from giving column refs as letters to numbers. Instead of A, B, C etc they now show 1,2,3.......... Why has this happened and, more to the point, how can I correct it? Thanks in advance for advice Nic <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, *Uncheck* R1C1 reference style. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Nic Siddle" <NicSiddle@nsiddle.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news...

Formula
There isa command to allow a formula to refer to a number in a cell to adjust the column that is used in the formula. BUT I CAN"T FIND IT! If I want the formula to be using cell A11, I want to have 11 in a cell and have it refer to whatever to A11. If I have 12 in the cell then I want it to refer to A12 instead. Sorry, I am not explaining the scenario very well. Help. MD -- mdalby ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7055 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Color coded bar chart
is there any way i can color code bars with reference to the y axis, without manualy changing the colors If you're open to using macros, these two examples show how to color bars based on X-Axis data. The examples can easily be adapted to Y-Axis criteria: http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/auto_color_chart_bars_version_1 http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/auto_color_chart_bars_version_2 -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "tris" wrote: > is there any way i can color code bars with reference to the y axis, without > manualy changing the colors Hi tris,...

How Do I find distinct values in a Column #2
Hello, I work in the Resourcing Dept. i have to prepare a list of candidates that were interviewed. I have to consolidate lists from four offices. I have come across duplicate candidates entries after consolidating the worksheets. Can anyone tell me how do I find out duplicate values. Thanks I suggest two steps: 1. combine the four lists into a single column and sort by name. This will indicate duplicated items and how many duplicates exist. 2. Insure that there is some kind of label cell at the top of the column. then pull-down Data > Filter > Advanced Filter... and check...

Account Type Report
I need a Customer List report that will show Account Types. (I want to be able to compare what percentage of our customers have Commerical Accounts versus what percentage are Walk-In accounts.) No report seems to give me this information. Any suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012B_01C6A73F.BC11F6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Lindsey, I have a custom report that tells you if the Customer has an Account = Type selected or not, but not what Account Type they have. Would th...

Too few columns
Is there no way to get more columns by consolidating or something like it? -- Giggi You could upgrade to Excel 2007. There are significantly more columns than 2003 in it. Regards, Eddie http://www.HelpExcel.com Giggi, 256 is all there is, but excel 2007 will have 16K -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Giggi" <Giggi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2CCAE69-33D8-4FC1-B3D5-037E1145EA3E...

Columns Names are missing
Funny Problem CRM Dev Server = Win2000 CRM Production Server = Win2003 I Did Some Form Customization on the Dev server for Testing and user Approval for the Production server I add some new Schema Fields and added the fields to the Forms I than Exported it from the Dev Server. Imported it to the Production Server, did the Publishing and run iisreset ALL OK and great BUT When CRM users open CRM the Columns Names are missing And if I go in to System Customization No names in the Fields Appears And If I Want to ADD new Fields or Columns it gives Me an Error (IE Script E...

freezing columns labels while sorting columns
... I need to sort names in columns, but while doing that my columns labels are also being sorted. How to avoid that? Excel 2003 In Sort Dialogue Box you can see an option button "Header Row" under "My Data Range As" click it. Excel 2007 In Sort Dialogue Box you can see a check box "My data has headers" in the Right corner near to Close Button in the Sort Dialogue box. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Stan" wrote: > .. I need to sort names in columns, ...

CRM 4.0: Report Wizard - Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'.
How come the following report made by Report Wizard fail ? An error has occurred during report processing. Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'. The column 'accountid' was specified multiple times for 'account0'. The report is designed as follows: New Report, Start a new report, Reportname = "test" Primary record type : Accounts Use saved view: Active Accounts Add a single column = AccountName All the rest is default choices. Changing saved view to My Active Accounts yields the same result. Changing saved view to Accounts: Responded to Campaingns ...

Data labels on scatter chart
In a scatter shart, if I seleect 'Show labels' from chart options, it shows the x-axis label next to the data point. Is there a way of using a third column of data as the data label??? Thanks. Hi, Try one of these 2 free addin to connect data labels to cell content. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss Cheers Andy rmellison wrote: > In a scatter shart, if I seleect 'Show labels' from chart options, it shows > the x-axis label next to the data point. Is there a way of using a third > co...

Making a chart
Total newbie (or almost) to Excel. I want to make a simple chart (a line chart, I expect) to illusstrate a simple concept. A performer must pay commissions to his agent when he gets paid for those performances. The performances will all occur in the future. The performer changes agents. He must pay Agent 1 commissions for the jobs he got from him. He will pay Agent 2 for new jobs Agent 2 gets him. I want a line chart that would show year-by-year that the commissions paid out to Agent 1 decline to zero as the remaining Agent 1 jobs are done while the commissions paid to Agent 2 will...

re-creating charts in new datasheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In the previous Excel, I was able to create a &quot;template&quot; that contains fixed position data and charts linking to these data on the same sheet. By pasting in data in the exact same location, I could recreate charts very quickly. I need to do this for hundred of datasets. However, the 2008 Excel insists on referring to the original data sheet and it is tedious to edit the link one by one (each chart contains 8-10 series, multiplied by 8 charts). Is there a way to remove the external sheet referenc...

IF, AND for different Columns
I have a worksheet for a meeting that I am trying to get to where I can use the formula's and it will calculate as soon as the data is pasted from another report. I need the following: Column E will have the following options: BUY STK BUY/STK STK/BUY FRT Column F will have the following options: CAWPHY CAWPB CFWPHY CFWPB FRT (plus way more to list) The total of each Row is listed in Column J So, if Column E has "BUY" and Column F has "CAWPHY", I want the sum which is in Column J to be in cell E39. If Column E has "STK" an...

Printing Excel Chart
After creating a line graph I tried to print only the graph. Print preview shows the graph , but the first 8 inches of paper is blank., followed by the first part of the graph. I am running Office 2007 with the latest updates with XP. My printer works fine on other programs. Was the chart active before you used Print Preview? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme "AZGEO" wrote: > After creating a line graph I tried to print only the graph. Print preview > shows the graph , but the first 8 inches of paper is blank., followed by the > first p...

inserting line that runs between columns in a table

Excel 2003 dropping chart data
Situation: Excel workbook created in 2002 version with data worksheet and chart worksheet. When the workbook is emailed to another user who is running Excel 2003, the data from the chart "disappears". The chart opens with data and within 2 - 3 seconds, becomes blank. The header stays, but the data is erased. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Want to send me a copy (private email address) to see if the problem is with XL2003 or with your recipient? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Concierge" <web...

format differnet widths columns and rows for different pages
I would like to know how you can have different formatting for row and colunm widths on different pages; is this possible and if so how do you do it?? You could use VBA to change the column.width for a worksheet..... if you were talking about that? -- Dnereb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486499 By "pages" do you mean printed pages on one worksheet? On each Excel worksheet th...

Clustering with iSCI SAN?
Hello all, We are looking at implementing an a/p two node cluster with exchange 2003 or 2007 (depending on time frames) storing the databases and transaction logs on an EMC AX150i SAN for a 250 user environment and running the software on two Dell PowerEdge 1950's. I am interested in whether anyone is or has run a similiar configuration and can provide some input on performance or issues they have experienced while clustering exchange to an iscsi san. I have a read a few articles on implementing an exchange clustering configuration using isci and there dosent appear to be any real ...

Real-Time Charting
Could someone please help me. I have setup my Excel spreadsheet to obtain real-time stock quotes. I would like to graph the stock price, especially during the day . How can this be done since I only have one cell that is constantly updated, and also is there some way to show multiple graphs, for instance, intra-day, past 30 days, past year etc. Thanks to everyone. I don't believe you can plot data that haven't been saved somewhere. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity sol...

PreTranslateMessage getting called with wrong class type: ASSERT f
Hi there, I'm developing an MFC app and I have just added a PreTranslateMessage override to one of my views, to handle dialog messages like tabs since the view has child controls and I want to be able to use keyboard navigation. My problem is that one of the controls is a (custom) button which causes the view to change to another one, when I click the button I get an ASSERT failure in CWnd::IsChild, the failure is in ASSERT(IsWindow(m_hWnd); So, fair enough I thought, simply check in my PreTranslateMessage function that this->IsWindow(m_hWnd) before calling IsChild(pAnotherWindow). Ho...

Automatically Fill Empty Cells in a Column
Is it possible to automatically fill empty cells in a column with the data in the cell above it? Hi Select the column / range. Then Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. This will select all of the blank cells in the range. Type = and hit the up arrow and then type Ctrl Enter. To fix these values use Copy then Paste Special / Values. -- Andy. "Deignan" <deignan@ncsievents.com> wrote in message news:D2D1B200-92F6-44C9-A929-E9C66888C671@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to automatically fill empty cells in a column with the data in the cell above it? ...