Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart

Hi,

I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $
on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them
have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high
values ($600-$1000).

My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that
it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600
(with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is
non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just
becomes too large or too small to make any sense of trends within these 2
blocks.

Many thanks for your help in advance!
0
Jason4159 (666)

Jason,

You can apply the concepts explained at Jon and Andy's sites to your line
chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

----