solve 2 linear equations on a graph

I have plotted 2 lines on a graph in Excel 2003 and I want the function that
gives the value of the intersection
0
Moik (2)

Hi,

if they are trend lines, use the slope and intercept functions to give you
the coefficients for each equation, and then solve for x and y, given that
at the intersection point, x and y will be the same for both lines.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296297.aspx
0
djc (61)
6/27/2008 7:47:02 AM
I have found the slope and the intercept - how do I get excel to solve the
equations?

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if they are trend lines, use the slope and intercept functions to give you
> the coefficients for each equation, and then solve for x and y, given that
> at the intersection point, x and y will be the same for both lines.
>
> Dave
>
> url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296297.aspx

0
Moik (2)

Problems with Outlook hanging (possibly CRM1.2 problem)
Hi, Apologies for the cross posting, but I'm not sure which is th ebest newsgroup to help... I'm Running a server with SBS 2003 & exchange. Installed CRM1.2 (at the moment it's only on the server & I can access via the web). I've not yet installed the Outlook client on my laptop. The problem is that I've been experiencing major "hangup" problems when connecting my laptop to the server. Everything works fine until I open up Outlook, then, although I an "ping" the server I am unable to access it either from Outlook to synchronise emails, ...

Outlook templates #2
I am expecting to receive email from a large group of people. I want to automatically reply to each of them with a template. I can set up a rule to do this. However, what I am not finding is the details. I found the rule function, and I have the .oft templates installted. I am not successful editing a template for my specific needs. I have 5 seperate replies I want to send based on the subject of the message received. Is this possible? AdvaThanksnce Daniel. ...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Mail merge from Excel #2
Hello I am trying to use the 2nd worksheet of an Excel spreadsheet for a mail merge, but the mail merge helper only allows me to select the 1st worksheet. I don't want to change the worksheet order because I have another mail merge running from the 1st sheet. Is there a way of selecting the 2nd sheet Thanks in advance Jo, see the like below about using Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter to do it. You could also copy the page to a new workbook and use it as your temporary data source. I have run into problems with using some date in excel when I try to merge with word and have overc...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient #2
Hi there, I'm having a problem with Advanced Mailbox rights in native mode Exchange 2003 in a mixed-mode 2000/2003 AD domain. Client is Outlook 2003 on either Win2k or XP sp1/2 I would like to give a set of users permissions to a common service account mailbox from which they can generate a response "From" that mailbox (i.e., not their personal account). I do this by going to the Exchange Advanced Tab|Mailbox Rights and assigning the user Full Mailbox Access. The user is then able to add the mailbox to Outlook, except when they try to send the email FROM that account, t...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

Publisher2003 #2
I'm using Publisher2003 for the first time and I'm creating a letter to send out to businesses. Down at the bottom of the template is says "If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, click here. The 'click here' is underlined and in blue, but it doesn't go anywhere. How do I create a link to my Yahoo email so they can be removed? The only way this is going to work if you send the letter as a web page. Or a PDF with a link. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Judith" <Jud...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

No Mail Delivery #2
possible duplicate-original didn't show in 30 minutes. Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp se...

How to print a graph of x=y at 45 degrees
How can I make it appear correctly on paper? Gordon, Set up two sets of points: 0 0 1, 1 Plot them with an x-y scatter chart, line style. Set the x and y axis scales the same, if necessary, to get the resulting plot to be at 45�. Print it, and hope for the best. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "gordon158" <gordon158@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C5B1255-334F-41A3-A5E5-55516CFABA6A@microsoft.com... > How can I make it appear correctly on paper? ...

Journal stopped working #2
I have noticed that after upgrading from Outlook XP (2002) to Office Outlook 2003 my journal has completely stopped logging entries. I have turned it off and re-initialized it and still not entries. I mailing want it to log Word and Excel files. Any help would be appreciated I am running Exchange 2003 in cached outlook mode on a SBS 2003 server. ...

Printing #2
I understand that NLQ printing is default in windows. Is there any way one can get a quick draft print of excel reports on a dot matrix printer by changing the printer driver or fonts for instance? Thank you. Hiren, I'm not sure about this setting, but try "Draft quality" in File - Page setup - Sheet. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net President Bush on sovereignty: http://www.tastefullystated.com/sovereignty.wmv ------------------------------------------- "Hiren Shah" <hiren_shah50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:054901c4961...

Calendar Templates #2
2 Questions One; how do you get a calendar to display an academic year on one page? Two; how do you highlight or put a square or circle around or week on the monthly text boxes on a yearly calendar? What version Publisher? All the calendar options are on the template page if you are using 2007. There are date range, page orientation and applying all the months on one page are in these options. You cannot designate a date range when using all the months on one page. The workaround is to first create a full size calendar with your date range, okay out. Click change template, change the...

IF(This=2 and That=1,X,Y)
Im comparing 2 values per. I need to evaluate if THIS = 1 and THAT = 2, then 1 otherwise 0 How do I do that in an expression? I always need to evaluate BOTH and they both need to be true. Any help would be appreciated. This is what I guessed, but doesn't work, surely there must be a method to evaluate both as the same time? IF R14 is 1 AND S14 is 1 then 7, otherwise 0 as: =IF(R14=1+S14=1,7,0) Use the AND() function: =IF(AND(This=1,That=2),1,0) "No Spam" <no_spam@eparisek.com> wrote in message news:8453884A-EBEC-44E8-9AD8-E7690F361AB0@microsoft.com... > Im...

Moving Exchange 2003 to new Hardware #2
I'm in the middle of my main server move.. this server is Primary Domain Controller, exchange 2003 server, DNS and DHCP hosts, AntiVirus (Symantec), and print server. This is on a Win2k3 sp 1 OS. I've moved Symantec first, that was easy. Now I'm moving Exchange 2003 - I've installed Exchange, both servers are now running the same version and I see both in the EMS. I've started to set the public folders to replicate from my oldserver to newserver.. The public folders replicated twice, and now stopped.. they are out of sync (I think this is related to a problem I'l...

How do I import old Publisher files? #2
I was told to turn off Norton, can you help me? ...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

Arrays #2
Hello... I was be so grateful if some Excel Expert could offer a solution to this problem I have understanding how to handle arrays in Excel. I have a worksheet contains a list of events down the page [in column one], and a list of athletes aross the page [in row one]. I need to note which athletes will compete in which events by placing a character in the corresponding cell to make an array of data showing athlete participation in events. Athletes can be in more than one event. I need to then work out how to write a formula or function to generate a list from this array showing which ath...

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2
If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first column is shown vertical and the text in the second column is shown horizontal in the chart. If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in both columns is shown horizontal. If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's vertical. Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow? ...

Time problem #2
1st thanks for reading this... I give up and need help. I'm trying to put in a colon (:) automatically in a colunm when I enter a number. This is minutes I put this number in A1 34 and want it to convert to :34 it doesn't have to be a time format, I just need the colon. Thanks-a-bunch Bobby Hi Try using a custom format of ":"general -- Andy. "Bobby" <camaro46368@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b6b8e0h22tlfndiq0ajb0jfck4s5erm1jp@4ax.com... > 1st thanks for reading this.....

copying .pst files to cd #2
i got a new computer, and i want to transfer my inbox and sent messages files from the old computer to the new one. however, my .pst archives do not show up in explorer or in my cd burner "explorer" and when i located the files through "find files" and then dragged them into the cd burner i/o box, it cannot see them and doesn't copy them onto the cd... how in the world do i do this seemingly simple thing: copying files onto a cd so i can transfer them to my new computer and then import them into my new computer's outlook? this is the most ridiculous thing ...

Export GAL #2
I have a retired Exchange 5.5. server and I would like to export the GAL. There were several thousand contacts that were not migrated to our new mail servers. I have users requesting some of the contacts be setup on the new server. It would be much easier for them to identify which ones by looking at the old GAL. Is there anyway I can make this available to them? Thanks, Mike On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:50:33 -0700, "MikeR" <outriderx@news.postalias> wrote: >I have a retired Exchange 5.5. server and I would like to export the GAL. >There were several thousand contacts th...