soften jagged edges of pie charts

I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel
but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document

Instructions said go to format, click selected data series and click
patterns tab then select smoothed line.  But the box Smoothed line doesn't
exist.

0
zen (4)

Have you tried copying as picture (Shift-Edit-copy as picture)?

"zen" wrote:

> I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel
> but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document
>
> Instructions said go to format, click selected data series and click
> patterns tab then select smoothed line.  But the box Smoothed line doesn't
> exist.

0
BJ (832)

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

Charting in Access-challenge
Hi, I have a problem with combining excel charts with access database. All my tables in access have date in first column and some numeric data in the others. I managed to draw the chart but I have problems with axis. y axis should be the value of the bars (data from the tables) and I constantly get dates. Id number column is used for the x axis. Everything is mixed and i don't know how to change all that. I need x axis to be date, y axis to be value and the bars in the chart to represent series that are made from other columns of the table. I can do all this in excel, but i need help wit...

Normalize the second pie in a pie of pie chart
I have Excel 2003. I'd like to have the second pie in a pie of pie chart represent 100% of the slice it details. Currently, the slices in the second pie show their percentage of the 1st pie not their percentage of the slice they come from. One of my clients insists that the second pie show percent of the slice they detail not percent of the original pie. Other than creating separate pie charts, is there a way for Excel to normalize the percentages in the second pie. Thanks, Judy H Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on Pie of Pie. mmmh pie! :) http://pubs.logicalexpressio...

Creating a chart.
The code below creates a chart and places it on the Excel spreadsheet. I can;t seem to find a couple of things how can I control what is displayed on the x and y axis? and how can I control how wide or how many points are displayed. oChart = oWS.Parent.Charts.Add With oChart .ChartWizard(_ReadingArrayList3, Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, , Excel.XlRowCol.xlRows) '.ChartWizard(oResizeRange, Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, , Excel.XlRowCol.xlRows) oSeries = .SeriesCollection(1) '' oSeries.XValues = oWS.Range("A2", "A6&quo...

Chart Types
Is there other specialized software which would be an add-in to Excel and give me a larger variety of chart types? SigmaPlot (http://www.spssscience.com/SigmaPlot/) Amigo (http://www.threedgraphics.com/products.html), Delta Graph (http://www.spss.com/deltagraph/), and Harvard Graphics (http://www.harvardgraphics.com/) Please do not consider this as an endorsement of any particular program. Also, with a little ingenuity, one can simulate a large range of effects. See various websites for examples: mine, Jon Peltier's (www.geocities.com/jonpeltier), Stephen Bullen's (www.bmsltd....

Charts and Value Axis positions
I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the left hand side. Does anyone know what I should do? I am using Office 2000. Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value axis crosses at". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ladybug wrote: > I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my > ...

Change the chart when a cell is clicked
Hello and thanks for the help. I am using Office 2007. I have a sheet with 8 people listed and their sales. Here is a brief example: Rep Jan Feb Mar JO 5 6 7 AL 65 3 2 KIM 6 2 9 I would like to click on the cell that says JO and have the Jan, Feb, Mar data appear on the page as a pie chart. When I click on AL then the Jan, Feb, Mar data for AL appears and when I click on KIM the Jan, Feb, Mar data for Kim appears. I would like for JO's chart to disappear when I select AL and AL's chart to disappear when I select KIM. Hi...

Help with "base unit" in chart axis
I have two charts. In one, when I go to "format axis" I can enter the min and max scale as dates and the entry remains as dates when I come back. I can also set the "base unit" a major and minor grid line in days, weeks, months, etc. The second chart, I do not have a base unit drop down box, and although I can enter dates in the max and min in date format and they work, when I come back the entries are in days since the start of time (38353 in 1/1/2005) And I cannot specify the units of major and minor grid lines, they are just units. Which makes it awkward for minor gi...

CHARTS: combination
1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr Previous year 72 38 -52 27 Current year 65 42 -15 50 Difference 5% -5% 55% -30% the figures above go into a combination chart - two problems, how do I get the minus signs to show as bracketed and, in the category axis, (1st Qtr etc) shows half way up the chart, I need it sit at the bottom of the chart? thanks 1. Use a custom number format that uses brackets around negative numbers. Use a built in type of the Number or Currency type as a guide, or read this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html 2. Double click the category axi...

3D stacked bar and line chart on same graph
Using Excel 2007, I have created a 3D stacked bar chart and now need to add a 3D or 2D line chart (different Y data set, same X) with the 2nd Y axis. I have tried using the online manuial but haven't found anything useful. Does anyone have a suggestions for me to try? Thanks -- -snoopy Hi, You can not mix chart types when using the 3d variety. Nor can you have secondary axes. Use 2d style. Cheers Andy On 09/03/2010 19:45, snoopy wrote: > Using Excel 2007, I have created a 3D stacked bar chart and now need to add a > 3D or 2D line chart (different Y da...

Cash flow forecast chart does not display
Recently my cash flow forecast would not display. I googled the issue and found a solution which sounded reasonable: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/6ab159f49fe90e58/84f31b41ac5d1529?lnk=st&q=microsoft+money+cash+forecast+will+not+open&rnum=2&hl=en#84f31b41ac5d1529 However, I was disappointed when the problem persisted even after following the instructions which had to do with a possible broken bill or deposit. All scheduled bills and deposits were deleted and the cash flow forecast did not correct itself. I figured out what was causing...

Indexing Values to Same Starting Point for Relative Return Chart
Hello all, I'm have a sheet full of data for various securities that is sorted b date. I can chart the values by date just fine, but I'm hoping t create a chart where each series is indexed to the same point and the the chart will show percentage changes. For instance, if A is at 30 and B is at 40 on January 1st, then in my chart I want them both t start at 100. So if A falls to 150 and B moves up to 80, then I woul want the chart to show them moving to 50 and 200, respectively. Do I have to manipulate the data in another sheet first, or is there way to do it with the charting t...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

How do I automatically update a chart range in Excel
I am trying to create charts that should automatically update. I have been trying to use the OFFSET function in the chart 'series value' to determine the chart range and this does not sem to be working. Does anyone have a suggestion with this problem. Hi, As far as I know, the chart is updated automatically when the data use in it is changed. Or did I miss something in your description? Best Regards Lub -- lshili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lshilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2338 View ...

Conditional Colors for Charts
Good evening, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbY...

Charting value ranges
I have a user trying to chart a range of variables. That is - the data contains columns for a Min and a Max of each item. She would like this to be displayed as ONE column in the chart, (Min - Max) not as two separate series. Does anyone know how to make this happen? Using Excel 2000 or Excel 2003. Thank you, -Monica, Dallas mld@fr.com Hi Monica, Take a look at Jon's example, (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html) MLD wrote: > I have a user trying to chart a range of variables. That is - the data > contains columns for a Min and a Max of each item. She wou...

Cell referencing on a chart
I would like to be able to reference a cell in a textbox on a chart. Ex. Cell A1 value = "12" Text box on chart = "12" I need to be able to change cell A1 and have the textbox change with it. Please give me advice on how to do this. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ 1) Click on chart to activate it 2)In formula bar, type = 3) Use mouse to point to a cell (formula now reads =Sheet1!A1 4) Click green check mark in Formula Ba...

Charting Web based data
With the data of say a stock price always changing, how can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots? You can either find a site that posts historical data (often downloadable as a text or worksheet file), or write a macro that gets the price and puts it next in a column. Another approach is Stephen Bullen's trick that remembers the last X values. I don't know how it would work for daily values; I think it's for incoming data that changes rather frequently. But if you want to try, his site is at http://bmsltd.ie. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pe...

Excel crashes dragging a chart
Hi all, I have a problem that I can reproduce on Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 (but not in Excel 2007). Excel crashes when I try to re-position a chart in a worksheet with (at least) a cell using data validation. If I select a cell with Data->Validation a little triangle appears close to the cell to indicate it has a pull-down menu associated. If a chart is present on the spreadsheet and I click on it the "little triangle" disappears as soon as focus is taken by the chart. In some of my spreadsheet there is a delay before the triangle disappears and if a chart is dragged at t...

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

I copied a file and now charts will not display.
I copied a file and now charts will not display. Also, cannot access the chart tools. ...

Bar Charts #5
I have a set of data for customers and I want to show that data for each customer for three years in a bar chart i.e. having three bars for each customer. i know it's basic and that I've done it before but I can't for the life of me remeber how I did it. Any help much appreciated!! Select the data and then use the chart wizard icon on the toolbar or insert menu>chart and follow the instructions -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "lb82" wrote...

How to add %'s to chart columns in excel??
On Excel 2003, how do you include %'s as well as values in chart columns. The % option in Data Series is recessed. Calculate the percentage values in the worksheet, then use one of these fine utilities to add them to the columns as data labels: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John Stewart" <John Stewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

stacked column chart #7
I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values. I want the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to see the percentages with those bars instead of the value. For example, the total for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such: Group = 50, Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125. I want the stack bar to show a total of 200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for Group, Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group (50/200), 12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterpri...

Charting an intermittent time series #2
I am trying to chart a data set. The x axis is an intermittent time series (e.g. 1pm, 1:15pm, 4pm, 11pm, 11:05pm, etc) I have one data item which is scaled from 50 to 300, another from 1 to 20, and a third which is 15 to 100. Is there a way to make a time scaled chart with the data on multiple y axis? ...