smooth area chart

When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format
Data Series dialog box.  But when I make an area chart, the line that
forms the top of the area is jagged.  Is there anyway to smooth the top
of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart?
Like a smoothed line with shading underneath.  Thanks.

How do u set the PLOT AREA to nearest mm in Excel Scatter Graph .
I wish to plot x-y scatter graphs to scale e.g. on a landscape A4 size page. I need the y (vertical) axis to be exactly 99mm long and the x (horizontal) axis to be exactly 240mm long. As I cannot find rulers in Excel I insert the graph in Word and turn on the rulers. I then stretch the “chart area” until the axes are the correct length. This usually works. However, sometimes it does not work e.g. the y axis might be around 20mm too long for no apparent reason but the x axis will be correct. I also notice that if a text box overlaps an axis the length of the axis changes. Is there anot...

How do I create a Pert Chart
How do I create a Pert Chart in excel and what does a pert chart look like ? PERT charts (also known as Network Charts, Precedence Diagrams and Logic Diagrams) need Microsoft Project, not Excel to be created. -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373862 Hi swatsp0p. Go to Microsoft's home page and type in pert charts in the search window. There are plenty of articles. http...

Chart Scale #2
Is it possible if I have 2 charts in one, both with different scales (1st one -50 to 200 and the 2nd one 1000 to 1500) to take out from the y-axis part of the scale, say for example, take out from 210 to 900, so overall i have a clearer chart, with a scale -50 to 200 and then 1000 to 1500???? Thanks for the help. have a look here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html. these might help -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "chelo" wrote: > Is it ...

i need to create a chart from data from one workbook in another wo
hi new to excell so please be kind. i need to create a series of charts from different sets of data in one workbook, and have the charts show in another seperate workbook, and update automaticly when the data changes in the first workbook. i know how to create charts, its just that i can't get it linking from one workbook to another please help Mark Hi, An easy approach would be: Make the charts in the workbook containing the data. Cut and paste those charts into a new workbook. The charts are still linked to the original workbook. If you make changes in the data, the charts...

unwanted resizing when copy-pasting embedded charts
When looking at a worksheet at any zoom factor other than 100% copy-pasting an embedded chart multiplies the original chart size b this zoom factor. Since I prefer to work with zoom factor 75%, paste charts always get smaller than their original copy. Thus, the only wa I know to obtain pasted copies at the original size is by firs switching to zoom factor 100%. This is most likely a bug of Excel bu if any of you knows a way to correct this counterintuitive behavior please let me know. Thanx! (I'm using Excel 2003. -- holg3 -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Help with automating creation of Pie Chart(s)
I'm trying to find a way to automate the creation of a pie chart from exported Excel files from a help desk ticket type application. This is the typical setup: entry# total$ type ---------------------- 1 20 config 2 10 rfq 3 2 question 4 12 config I have entries with a total (value) and a type. My main need is to be able to run a macro or use some sort of logic statements in order to get a small table from which the pie chart(s) can be built, something like this. Type Total Entries Total$ config 2 ...

Copying chart as a picture into a table in word as a definite size
I've created a table (1*1) in word and I want to insert a graph fro excel as a picture into it. I know how to copy the graph as a picture, by holding Shift & pressin edit_copy picture. By drawing a rectangle in the table for the size want the graph to be and cutting/pasting into excel I resized the grap to the same size of the rectangle. deleted the rectangle and assume when I copied the graph into the table that it would be the right siz but every time I copy it and paste special into the table it does'n seem to be the right size. Any idea -- num ----------------------...

Building chart trouble
Hi, I'm developing an application with Access and I have been stopped because I need some data to be send to Excel and make a chart.I just can't figure out how to do it. I already tried Access newsgroup with no luck. I'm sending to Excel data that corresponds to some measurements done in some equipment. Problem 1. I don't know how many measurements I will get. Problem 2. I don't know the number of equipments that will be tested. I'll show you an example, until know what I'm getting in Excel looks like this: PRODUCT READING VALUE REM...

Excel Chart #2
I am developing a chart on Excel. I have two columns with numbers. A third column has a formula to average the two numbers. I want to graph the average. Problem is my graph looks bad. If I enter the two numbers, they are averaged in the third column and graphed correctly. The problem is Excel interprets rows that have not been entered as zero and graphs them as zero. I would like rows that have not yet have data entered into them to be treated as if there is no data and thus not be graphed. Hope someone can help me? I need this for a project I working on to graph the pH of ...

multiple y axis in xy chart
is there any options or macros avialable for creating multiple y axis in the xy chart. my application is that i want plot a graph for various values at a time as the list below x y1 y2 y3 y4 10.00pm 0.5 1000 10 50 10.30 pm 0.6 1200 20 150 like the above datas the scale in y1 axis is 0 to 1.0 and y2 axis is 0 to 1200. and y3 is o to 50 and y4 is o to 250 in the excel the possibilites are only two y axis can be drawn how to include third and fourth y axis can any one help me out -- sivaprakasam Take a look here: http:...

Creating a chart from a list
In Excel 2003, I created a list with "Data/List/Create List." I want the chart I create to be able to update as I add additional rows at the bottom (row 750.) I have been unable to use the chart wizard to create a chart of column q550:q750 with b550:b750 as the X-axis, since column B contains dates. Thanks in advance, CMA Select cells B550:B750, then hold the Ctrl key, and select Q550:Q750 Start the chart wizard, and create a chart with the options you want As you add new rows to the list, they should automatically appear in the chart. cmar wrote: >...

Help With Upright Bar Chart ASAP!
Please tell me what's happening. I have an upright bar chart with 2 side by side segments. It is part of a Powerpoint presentation that I have used for years. There are 6 double bars side by side, red/blue. When I click on the chart to go into edit the numbers, the labels at the bottom of the chart shift to the right and disappear. They all shift over one bar and are nowhere. Even when I complete editing all the pertinent numbers for the bars and close the editing window, they are not there. There is now a label on every other bar set. What's going on, what have I don...

white background title area in dialog
hi there i have seen in some apps dialogs/prop sheets which have a 'title area' at the top, which has some text, sometimes an icon, and a white background - is this some 'standard' kind of feature i can access thru the sdk? i am using vc++6.... tia bhu > i have seen in some apps dialogs/prop sheets which have a 'title area' > at the top, which has some text, sometimes an icon, and a white > background - is this some 'standard' kind of feature i can access thru > the sdk? i am using vc++6.... I dont think SDK offers anything like this. It could...

Automatic Organization Charting
Hello Everyone, I work with an application that can create an organization chart of a company's reporting structure. With Visio 2002 the shapes are drawn then connected together (using the GlueTo method), but this would only work when Visio asked if the "Automatic Organization Charting" should be switched on. This happens when just before the chart is drawn. However Visio 2003 does not ask this question and the objects are not connected together. I can draw connecting lines (using the DrawLine method) and connect these to the parent and child shapes but they are...

Charts - Trends
Hi.. I use Business Objects at work - an old version - and trying to apply trends to charts created (I know so far not excel related - please read on!!) I can do it by creating home made calulations, but need to know if anyone would know the actual formula excel would apply when you click on the add trends line in the charts options??? Help!! -- Siggsy007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Siggsy007's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Addition of error bars creates black filled in areas on chart in 2
When i add custom standard deviation error bars in excel 2007, the graph shows a black fill in in some areas of the chart. The exact same chart in 2003 does not show this artifact. Anyone else experienced this? Hi, I can't duplicate your problem, but we really need more information - what type of chart, what do you mean by Custom Standard Deviation error bar? There are Standard Deviation error bars or their are Custom error bars. If this is a scatter chart are these x or y error bars. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "tcek" wrote: > When i add custom standard deviatio...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Thanks. -- Bob C. Updates will do that sometimes. When it happens to me, I reboot a second time and then check the boxes again. If that doesn't work, I go to the Network Manag...

Include Totals in Pivot Chart
I am compiling a report on our customer feedback using Pivot Tables an Pivot Charts. What I am doing is taking the feedback per region and averaging eac indicator. So for arguments sake using "Overall Satisfaction" I get an averag score of say 8.67 in the midlands and 8.23 in the north and anothe indicator of say "Value for Money" with an average score of 7.9 and 8. in the midlands and north respectively. I have no problem show this i "Clustered Coloumn" Chart where it shows "Overall Satisfaction" for th Midlands and the North next to each other and th...

How to remove a data point in a chart?
Is there a way to remove the value of a data point so that it doesnt skew the data in a scatter or line chart. In other words, I would like to be able to conceal the data point(s) which are not within the trendline. I have some notes on this from newsgorup. this is only tentative solution deleting one segment of the chart click line(of graph) after a secod click segment only the two points on two ends of the segment is highlighted righclick segment click <format data p;oint> the operative word is point select pattern line-none marker-none click ok cick again on the plot area the...

Can I create an Excel chart with two x-axes?
I'm trying to plot a few series of data against depth. Hence it would look much better to have depth on the y-axis and the variables on the x-axis. However I still need different scales for the variables to make this really work. Help! Hi, Here's an explanation of how to get 2 x-axis. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy ellmcg wrote: > I'm trying to plot a few series of data against depth. Hence it would look > much better to have depth on the y-axis and the variables on the x-axis. > > However I still need different scales for the variables...

Creating a clustered column chart
I need to create a bar-bar graph with a secondary axis. When I try to add the second axis, it puts the two bar graphs on top of each other like a stacked column graph. I need two distinct bar graphs with 2 differ vertical axes. How can I do this? Thanks. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Unfortunately it's difficult to avoid confusion between the axes, for the people looking at your chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "laure...

Move chart in Excel from Access
I have code that creates a chart in Excel and moves that chart to a certain sheet. This code works in my home Access 2003 (and Excel 2003), but not from Access 2000 (and Excel 2000), which I need it to work from. It just creates and leaves it in the existing "Sheet1." I want it to be in the existing "ReportCharts." What could be wrong? The line in question is ..ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="ReportCharts" The library references seem to be intact in both versions. This is the full section of code: With objExcel ..Charts.Add ..ActiveChart.S...

hyperlink to Chart
Dear experts, I would like to reference a chartsheet(S) where you can click to go directly on that charts). I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this does not work for charts... I want do this for many charts (at many sheets) , but want the hyperlinks resident at one sheet (like indexing) Hi, You can not hyperlink directly to chart sheets. You can use VBA code though. Jon Peltier has more information on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html Cheers Andy Chetoos wrote: > Dear experts, > I would like to reference a ...

3D or surface chart #2
Thanks for your response, but an XY scatter plot is not what I'm lookin for. The final plot, maybe not possible in Excel, should resembl something that looks like two megaphones that are attached at th mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is the focal point and the entrance an exit points would be where the sound would emanate. That's the bes way I can explain it -- scantor14 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scantor145's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1476 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Stopping mouse selecting chart objects
I am using MouseDown to return co-ordinates on a chart in Excel 2007. This works but the mouse also selects the various chart elements so they get accidentally moved. I have tried ActiveChart.ProtectSelection and ActiveChart.Protect neither of which solve the problem. ...