Skip blank cells in diagrams

How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and among
these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as '0'
but just to skip the cell.
0
hlp (2)

You can include the function NA() in that field and the zero value for the
data won't be displayed.

"hlp" <hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and
among
> these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as
'0'
> but just to skip the cell.

0
breinhardt (272)
1/7/2005 1:35:19 PM
hlp,

Click once on your chart.  Then, go to the standard toolbar and go to Tools
-> Options -> Chart -> Plot empty cells as:  Not plotted (leave gaps).

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"hlp" wrote:

> How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and among
> these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as '0'
> but just to skip the cell.
Hello  John Mansfield  &  Barb Reinhardt

thank you for your answers.

0
hlp (2)
1/7/2005 2:49:12 PM
In my series data, the blank is created by an if statement so there is  a
calculation here that makes the cell blank. should it still not plot it as
zero?
I looked where you mention, and I am already set up to plot emplty cells as
not plotted. But there are still zeros being plotted.

any help?
thanks

"John Mansfield" wrote:

> hlp,
>
> Click once on your chart.  Then, go to the standard toolbar and go to Tools
> -> Options -> Chart -> Plot empty cells as:  Not plotted (leave gaps).
>
> ----
> Regards,
> John Mansfield
> http://www.pdbook.com
>
> "hlp" wrote:
>
> > How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and among
> > these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as '0'
> > but just to skip the cell.
0
groj (5)
1/6/2006 12:15:02 AM
Hi,

The blank part of your formula should be NA() rather than "".

=IF( test , value , NA() )

More information here
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Is there another way?

Thanks

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The blank part of your formula should be NA() rather than "".
>
> =IF( test , value , NA() )
>
> More information here
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> groj wrote:
> > In my series data, the blank is created by an if statement so there is  a
> > calculation here that makes the cell blank. should it still not plot it as
> > zero?
> > I looked where you mention, and I am already set up to plot emplty cells as
> > not plotted. But there are still zeros being plotted.
> >
> > any help?
> > thanks
> >
> > "John Mansfield" wrote:
> >

> >>hlp,
> >>
> >>Click once on your chart.  Then, go to the standard toolbar and go to Tools
> >>-> Options -> Chart -> Plot empty cells as:  Not plotted (leave gaps).
> >>
> >>----
> >>Regards,
> >>John Mansfield
> >>http://www.pdbook.com

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
groj (5)
1/6/2006 2:12:02 PM
Hi,

The replies to your other posts contain information on formatting the
cells such that the #NA is not displayed.

This might be a case where 2 sets of the data are required. One
formatted for the chart to work and one for the cell presentation to
look professional. No need to duplicate the actual data just use cell