sizing a chart

Two Questions:

(1) I have two charts that are exactly the same just showing different data.
 Is there an easy way to make these charts the exact same size?

(2) How can I get them to line up with border lines I have on my worksheet
so that they look right on the printout?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have.
0
Jordan (28)

Hold the Alt key while moving and resizing the charts, and they will stick
to the cell boundaries.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jordan" <Jordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Two Questions:
>
> (1) I have two charts that are exactly the same just showing different
> data.
> Is there an easy way to make these charts the exact same size?
>
> (2) How can I get them to line up with border lines I have on my worksheet
> so that they look right on the printout?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Mail merge file sizes
Can anybody help me. I have produced a 2 page document in Publisher 2003 and when I add mail merge to it with a database of 500 addresses, when it generates I get the following problems; 1. It takes ages to generate (the green progress bar moves very slowly across the screen as it applies the address to each document 2. The file sizes are at least 300mb for each 10 that it generates (the original file size is less than 2 mb) Any help would be appreciated. This will help The Registry Fix for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size Courtesy of KATMA http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/r...

Help with Charts
:confused -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I work in a Doctors surgery and I'm creating a Spread Sheet for select number of patients to monitor their blood results. I need about 30 charts on each patients sheet, To save me doing eac one seperately I have tryed to copy and paste them in to the nex patients details.... But all the charts refer to the previous patient details. Is there anyway of copying them so that they relate to th sheet they are copied in to? Thanx Alexandra Huckerby (fustrated and tired!! -- ~lexy -----------------...

Reduce gigantic icon size in 2007 beta?
Is there a way in Outlook 2007 beta to reduce the size of the icons in the Navigation pane and across the top of the page? They are GIGANTIC. Horrible looking. It makes Outlook appear to be a comic book instead of a business application. I will never use this version of Outlook (or Word for that matter) if I can't reduce the icon size to very small, neat and nice looking. I also cannot see how to reduce the font size for the listings in the Navigation pane. That is also way too large. I like the size of the icons on the top of the "inbox page". Those are nice and small an...

Toolbar with different icon sizes
I am developing an Internet Explorer toolbar. Most of the buttons have icon sizes of 16x16, but one of them has larger width (80 pixels). Since a toolbar expects all icons to have the same size I have to do something special if I want to add this button. The solution that I am currently experimenting with is to make a second toolbar which is a child window of the first toolbar. This second toolbar contains only one button. This seems to work a little. I can position it correctly, but the problem is that the second toolbar is entirely black. If I move the mouse cursor of it, it highlights a g...

Wrong Massage Size, Mail in Queue, Greylisted Mail
Hello, we use a Tool that attach a Disclaimer over SMTP-Sink. The Disclaimer attached correct. Original-Massage-Size e.g. 968 after added the Disclaimer Size are e.g. 1464 Then the Exchange try to send the correct Mail incl. Disclaimer with Size 1464: OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MyExchServer - 25 MAIL - FROM:<t.test@mydomain.de>+SIZE=1464 0 0 4 0 422 SMTP The received Mail-Server has greylisting or something and my mail cannot deliver at first time: (SMTP-Code 451 or 450+4.7.1) Recipient+address+rejected:+Policy+Rejection-+Greylisted,+please+try+later My Mail...

Overlapping bars within chart
Sample scenario: Let's say in each year, I have this many cats: 2010: 6 2011: 8 2012: 20 Out of those cats, let's say that the following number have been neutered: 2010: 1 2011: 4 2012: 18 Is there a way for me to create a form of bar chart that shows the total number of cats per year as a "background" bar, with the total number of neutered cats in each year as a skinnier "foreground" bar that is a different color and overlays the background bar? I just figured this out on my own. As an FYI to anyone else, here was my solution: 1. Plot the ...

Chart Title or Text Box Linked to cell & sheet
I need to create charts from data collected via a com port. As i stands, the data is written to sheet 1. Chart 1 is ready to plot dat as it is written. Once the data is complete, I copy sheet 1 and char 1. This results in sheet 1(2) and Chart 1(2). All references to shee 1 on the newly created chart 1(2) automatically changes to refer t sheet 1(2). This applies to data ranges, Chart Title, Axis names. When creating text boxes refering to sheet1!$A$1, the reference doe not automacially change to sheet 1(2)!$A$1. Can this be done? If not, can I create multiple chart titles? Any help o...

Timeline bar chart
Hello, I am trying to create a bar chart based on key dates in a project. There are 20 different part numbers, all with individual timelines. Some parts of the process take many days, some one, etc. I want a bar chart that signifys these key dates, as well as shows a bar running throught the course of each individual aspect (ie, 12/2 - 12/8). I am having trouble doing this with dates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- shane476 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shane476's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

How do I limit clients email attachment size
Hi All, We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within outlook? -- Rgds, Simon UK "spbembr" <spbembridge@simtonesolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqcQv2yMGHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth > available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within > outlook? Seems that would be a quota setting that you would configure in the mail server. -- _____________...

Keep Pivot Table custom chart type
I'm creating a pivot table custom chart type "Line - Column on 2 Axes". The chart looks great when I create it. The problem is when the user does anything to the chart (filters the data, adds a new flield of data, etc.), the chart changes to where both data series are displayed as bar charts and the second axis is gone. I can't find an event that fires when they modify the chart, so I don't know that I can programatically change it back. Is there a way to keep it from changing in the first place? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Loss of formatting is a known prob...

OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?
Hi Folks, My in-box folder was getting too large, so I deleted about 3/4 of the = emails but still the DBX folder shows the same size - 200MB. I tried to = compress it and it says there is not enough hard drive space (I have 900 = MB of empty space).=20 Any idea how to reduce the size of the inbox? Thanks in advance! Bob Guv Bob wrote: > Hi Folks, > > My in-box folder was getting too large, so I deleted about 3/4 of the emails but still the DBX folder shows the same size - 200MB. I tried to compress it and it says there is not enough hard drive space (I have...

Rotating a line chart?
Is it possible to rotate a line chart so it looks like a vertical chart rather than a horizontal chart? And if so, once it is rotated, can one still interact with the chart and it's data? Thank you. Visit Excel Tips and Cases http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/index.html and scroll down to 'Invert and rotate charts' The direct link http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/0201-chart%20invert%20and% 20rotate.pdf is almost certain to change in the near future. The above applies to a XY Scatter chart. Hopefully, you can use that instead of a line chart. -- Regards, Tusha...

Stencil file size
We have created stencils from Autocad files from some suppliers. They are nice looking but are very slow when trying edit them in any way. Is there a way to easily modify the Autocad files to simplify them without removing detail to decrease the files size associated with the stencils? Are there attirbutes or underlying details that can be deleted? Hello Peter, A few questions for you: When you say stencils, do you mean you've actually created .vss files rather than straight diagrams (.vsd)? How many Masters does your stencil contain and what is the size of the file? Also, wha...

Simple charting question
I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph - 0 44.1 1 47 3 44.7 4 43.5 5 50.2 13 59.9 I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of the following: ...

Combining Stack bar and Line Charts
I'm trying to display 2 sets of data within the same chart; I want to display yr 1 data in a stacked bar format and yr 2 data in a line format. Both data sets would use the same axis; month and volume. I need to distinctively display each mo/yr together to show any increases or decreases in volume. Any suggestions you have are appreciated! -- tibor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tibor's Profile: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=156 View this thread: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1...

Add names to scatter plot chart
I have three columns of info in my excel spreadsheet. column 1 has names, column 2 has numbers and column 3 has numbers. I can create the scatter plot chart just fine, but what I am having a problem with is that I cannot get the names from column one to show next to the points on the scatter plot. How is this done? -- oberon.black ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oberon.black's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26732 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471758 I'm gu...

Chart
Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

reduce size of mail store?
I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to reduce the size of the mail store. However it does not appear to be shrinking. I thought daily mainteance routine would compress. Is there anything to do other than an offline compress and defrag? I really don't want to have to do that unless as a last resort. Thanks! Is your server running low on diskspace or are you having performance issues? Regards, Jason T. Parker rockymtntuna wrote: > I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to > reduce the size of the m...

Maximum Excel file size #2
I created an Excel file (62MB) yesterday on this PC and was able to save it to the hard drive. When I attempt to open it today, it causes an error “Not enough memory� The PC has 1.7GHz processor w/ 524MB RAM. Is this not enough power to open this file? Why did it let me save the file yesterday and not open it today? Any other ideas as to what the issue may be When looking at the Processes tab in Task Manager, the Memory Usage is approx. 105MB with nothing running. It seems that there should be enough memory to open the Excel file Thanks a bunch for your help Excel has it's own in...

combining charts from two spreadsheets
I hope someone can help me with this: I have two charts. The one thing these charts have in common are the addresses (the charts are from two different sources). On one chart, I will have monthly sales for the addresses. On another chart, I will have how much each location paid in expenses. I would like to combine these charts into one chart. The addresses on one chart will correspond to the addresses on the other chart and from their, I would like the other information to fall into place. Is this possible? Thanks for any help. this is totally out of the blue, but are you related to...

Bar chart with XY on secondary axis
I have four quarters of data that I display as a bar chart. I want to add additional data superimposed on each (XY) as a secondary axis. However, the XY coordinates are displayed on a single vertical axis in the center of the bars rather than on each related bar. Data: (BAR) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 7.1 2.3 4.5 8.7 B 10.5 1.5 6.7 4.8 C 14.6 4.0 7.9 11.1 (XY) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 25 55 67 ...

Creating multiple charts
I am new to creating charts etc in Excel. I am compiling all the accident information for my church and I would like to have charts linked to this data to give a visual presentation of all the statistics collected. Can anyone tell me in plane english how I do this from a single large spreadsheet which contains all the data. select the data you want to use for the chart, click on the chart wizard icon on the toolbar & follow the wizard. -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink ...

In charts, is it possible to change data references to relevant?
Ive created a basic bar chart, but the speadsheet in which the data is held is constantly being updated. This is ruining my graph as the data references are absolute. Is there a way of changing the source data references to relevant? ive tried "f4" when in the graph "Source data", "values" option, but this does not work. Ive tried deleting all of the $ from the data, but they apear again when the dialogue box is closed. Charts use absolute references. But you can also use a reference to a dynamic name: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html ...