Simple x-axis question

I have an xy scatter plot with the x-axis numbers as percentage. How ca
I remove the percentage sign next to each number in the x-axis since th
sign is already defined in the axis title?

I tried to change the format of the number, I selected general an
multiplied the coulmn by 100 but it did not work.... Can you pleas
help???!

Thanks in advance...

--
balmali
balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3651

>From what I see it is all going to tie back to the data that's in the
table you are working from.  If it is stored there as a Percentage
format, the raw data will say .15 but will display as 15%.

Your chart axis will default to the same format,  15%.  When you change
the axis number style to general it will change it to the data's raw
form .15

If it were me, I would store the data as a raw general format = 15, not
a percentage format =.15 result as 15%.  Then on your table column
heading just denote "Percentage" or (%).

If you really need the % signs all the way down the side of those
numbers, insert a tiny column and just paste % all the way down the
side.  My people never look at the data tables anyways.

I hope this makes sense.

balmalik wrote:
> I have an xy scatter plot with the x-axis numbers as percentage. How can
> I remove the percentage sign next to each number in the x-axis since the
> sign is already defined in the axis title?
>
> I tried to change the format of the number, I selected general and
> multiplied the coulmn by 100 but it did not work.... Can you please
> help???!
>
> Thanks in advance....
>

> --
> balmalik
> balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36517
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=563312

0
mmohon (7)
7/20/2006 3:04:51 PM
Thanks for the reply...

However, the problem I am having is that I have a very low percentages
less than 5% and I do not want the numbers to show as 0.05 instead of 5
The percentage is 5% and not .05%.

I tried mutliplying the coulmn be 100 to sove the problem but for som
reason the data acts in a very strange way and my graph will loo
strange..