Simple graph #2

I have a range of data corresponding to several years:

Year    Amount
1997   100
1998   150
1999   200
2000   250 etc

How can I display a graph with this range that shows the amounts in a bar
graph on the Y axis and the years along the bottom on the X axis. If I use
the wizard it tries to compare 1997 to 100 which is obviously not what I want
to do.

0
Ant (53)

Hi,

The quickest way is to clear the cell that contains the word Year and
then use the wizard.

Excel is trying to help you, although not successfully, by using the
column headers as a clue that you have two data series.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

consolidating #2
How do you this: I have two excel worksheets with two different lists that have the sam categories (the lists are identical, the data is not). I need a formul or VBA to move a row of cells of sheet 1 when a condition is satisfie to sheet 2 in the next available row of cells. Any help would b appreciated. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not quite sure what the conditions are, but maybe you could just apply data|filter|autofilter. Filter to show the rows with the criteria you want. Copy those visible cells to the bottom of the data on the other worksheet. "...

spontaneously changed subject lines #2
Hi, A lot of our users experience problems with spontaneously 'changed' subject lines in Outlook. When sending an e-mail or planning an appointment the enter a subject line. Let say the original subject line they entered was: "Mail for you Boss" After sending the mail/appointment they found out that the subject line was changed in: "???????? Mail for you Boss, or "=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96= =A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1 Mail for your Boss" or something else This happens every time they create/sent a new mail or change/view an existing mail. ...

xls:1 but no xls:2
Hi, I have a workbook which opens with the window title filename.xls:1 as if there are two or more views of the same workbook. However, there is only one view I can find (I have minimised the window within Excel, looked for other Excel windows but to no avail). When I try to close the file (ctrl-w or clicking the lower x) the workbook disappears (as expected) but Excel behaves as if I have just closed one of several views: it doesn't ask me if I would like to save changes. However, when I close the Excel program, it behaves as if I am closing filename.xls and asks if I ...

Return Value in Column 2 Q
I have a table which contains 2 columns and 30 rows of Data Col1 = Sales Col2 = ManHours I wish to "lookup" a value that is input into A1 (which will be a sales value) and Return the appropriate ManHours associated with these sales. My only problem is that my value in A1 will probably not match exactly what is in Col1. For example Col1 increments in 100's, so it will show sales of 9,000, 9,100, 9,200 etc Opposite these Sales values will be Manhours, say, 50, 55, 58 etc Cell A1 might contain 9,040, thus the value I want returned is 55. Likewise if A1 = 9,025 this should al...

cell reference #2
I have a question about cell reference in newer editions of Excel. In older editions cell reference was denoted by a letter and a number e.g. B3, A5 etc. In a recent edition (I don't know which) I saw a format which displayed numbers on both the vertical and horizontal axes. Reference to a cell was made (I think) but subtracting the reference number from the cell to which it was refering. Does this make sense? My question is whether newer editions (2000, 2002) still use the old method (B4 etc)? or do I need to look for an older version in order to be able work in the letter/numb...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

queues #2
After a standard install of SBS2003 and ensuring open relay is off, I'm noticed messages turning up in the queues that aren't originating from this exchange server and I feel shouldn't be there. For example: SmallBusiness SMTP-connector - el-nacional.com (SMTP Connector) with several messages from the sbs postmaster in the queue. There are a number apparently from foreign countries (e.g. home20.inet.tele.dk; and worldnet.fr and topofferz.net. What's going on here? "jkmonroe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After a standard install of...

Ask 2 MSFT Experts About v8.0 Security
Hello all, Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly in the Microsoft Great Plains newsgroup. During the week of September 20th, Microsoft Escalation Engineer Kelly Youells and Microsoft Senior Development Consultant David Musgrave will answer your version 8.0 security questions directly in this newsgroup thread. How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product experts like Kelly and David may frequent the newsgroup during their workweek to answer as many questions as they can, they don't necessarily *solicit* questions o...

OWA login changed after installing service pack 2!
we have exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 server. I applied service pack 2 last night, and found out our remote users were unable to login. what has happend is this: where our local domain name was simpson.com, but our email address was homersimpson.com, before the service pack update a remote user would type their usename, and it would put the domain name in front - as in simpson\bart (if bart was username). NOW when they try to login it shows homersimpson.com\bart and will not log them in, and I have to tell them to type simpson\bart to get in. what has changed, and how do I p...

merging values to word
i am merging numbers to word documents and the formatting will not stay. e.g. 45698723.2365879 is what shows up in my merge, however in excel i have formatted it so it appears as $45,698,723.24 can anyone help on this issue? ...

Can't recieve emails for last 2 days
Hello I have had this same email account for years. Suddenly it isn't downloading emails. I hit send/recieve button and it acts like it is checking. A window pops up -It says recieving-then before it actually gets them it disconnects and there is nothing new since the 3rd of May. Any ideas? I haven't done anything new as far as I remeber. I have cable TV highspeed. I'll check back this thread. Thanks http://www.winvistatips.com/not-receiving-email-t45130.html "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B37AAB73-6393-482E-...

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) #2
I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and smtp are different. Thank for your help 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Are you set up to authenticate to your SMTP server, if your ISP requires it? isaac wrote: > I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and > smtp are different. > Thank for your help > 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed > rcpthosts (#5.7.1) ...

Exchange 2003 - SchedulePlusFreeBusy Folder
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 SP1 (new server, no upgrades) and I am recieving the following messaage: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Date: 8/23/2004 Time: 2:01:07 AM User: N/A Computer: PG-ADR-EXCH-03 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine PG-ADR-EXCH-03. The error number is 0x80040115. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Paul. ...

Dongle #2
Is it necessary to put dongle on station 1. Does the station has to be up all the time. Thanks, Yes the dongle should be placed on Station 1. No the station does not have to be up all the time, but it does have to be the first POS opened each day. If you use another station more that the current station 1 change the register numbers around accordingly in SO Admin --> Confirguration under the Register tab. Rob "Jazzman" wrote: > Is it necessary to put dongle on station 1. > Does the station has to be up all the time. > > Thanks, Jazzman, No and there is a lo...

Sending issues #2
I have some users here that are sending email but when they send it, the mail just sits in the outbox. We are using Exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000 and 97. I have sent the email to myself and then tried to send it to the person that needs the email. I was able to send it but it hasn't gotten to the client and the email message isn't in the queue of our Exchange Server. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, JP ...

Custom Labels #2
I'm trying to make a custom label. I'm trying to make the barcode show information from SubDescription1 instead of itemlookupcode. That works great except there is no * for the start and end codes. Is there a way to add custom text and concatenate it to the value? Something like "*" . "SubDescription1" . "*" or "*" && "SubDescription1". (I tried both of those and neither work.) I know I can import into a bunch of other programs and build the labels myself but I'd much rather keep it all in the program. Thanks. Begin ...

How do I incorporate 2 columns into 1 column
All, My issue is that I have 2 columns of data, Column A and Column B. What I would like to do is combine these 2 columns into 1 that would result in something like this: A1 B1 A2 B2 A3 B3 etc There are 1000+ entries in each column and I have tried creating a 3rd column plugging into the cells the following, hoping to create the ability to click and drag and fill the rest of the relative values: =A1 =B1 =A2 =B2 =A3 =B3 etc However, when I click and drag, I am not able to keep the pattern going. It always seems to revert to something like this after I try to click and drag the fill box:...

To get the SetTimer identity #2
Hi, I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which is binded to the dialog.Is there any API that identify this timer which is got set ..... So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to start from that time it was already showing at..... isnt it the same id u called SetTimer with ..... "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175778268.053331.256800@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which > is binded to the dialog.Is there any AP...

Retrieve graph when selecting Option button
Hello, As I am automating a sheet I got stucked with the following: In a specific sheet (for example Sheet1) I put several Option Buttons, each button is assigned with a unique name. In another sheet I have put all the available graphs to which the names in the Option Buttons refer. What I would like Excel/VBA to do now is that when an Option Button is selected (in Sheet1), it automatically retrieves the right graph and puts it in (for example)Sheet2. Does someone know if there is a VBA command which supports this? Thanx very much for your help! Regards, Robert ...

log graph zero or negative values error
Hi, Excel gives an error message when you try to plot a zero or negative number on a graph. I am using a template, so I don't want to go through and manually remove the zero data every time. Is there any way to turn off the error message, it is getting VERY irritating. Cheers, Joyce [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Joyce. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] As far as I know, XL insists on complaining when one wants to plot log(x) where x<=0, since that is no corresponding real mathematical value. You could modi...

Graphing trouble
I am having an awful time trying to get a simple graph on a report to work in Access 2007 and am not sure what I am doing wrong. The intent of the graph is to display a summed weight of a product over time. There is a form on which the user can select a date span, a shift (A, B, C, D or All) and the products to sum. The query (except for one issue) works fine but the graph itself is all wonky. If I select a time span of 12/1/2009 to 12/31/2009, I will have perhaps 7 days that contain summed weights to display. My intent was to have a graph that a time axis on the bottom (...

Simple Access Query
Hi I would like to allow the user to click on a button and then call a query and assign the returned value to a textBox control How can I do that? Thank you, Samuel Realistically, you don't need to call a query. Using the DLookup function should be sufficient to return the required value from the query. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:ObHv4q3qHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I would like to allow the user to click on a button ...

Chart/Graph colours
My graph colours have all changed to a wishy washy mix of the same colour. I know updates happen on a regular basis, but how can I get back to selecting nice bold colours for my charts without having to revert to selecting each data series and recolouring them individually. Hi Try to reset the colour pallette Tools > Options > Select "Colour" Tab > Reset Regards Rajesh Mehmi rajesh@mehmi.net "redford01" <redford01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A782B3F1-D58C-4953-BEE0-9A66CC20FDD5@microsoft.com... > My graph colours have all cha...

Very simple update query running super slow!
I have two tables: Rugman and PDrive The table look like this: Rugman -- ID (Auto/key) / Number (text!) / location (text) / test (text) PDrive -- ID (Auto/key) / Field1 (text!) The reason I had to use text for Number and Field1, is because there are a few lines what have a number like: 1234-2 I just want to check the Number in table Rugman and see if it does exist in the table PDrive... If it does: field test must be changed to "done" for that record where the numer exists in the other table... Don't get why it's running so slow. I have created also other update queries ...

cell displays formula instead of value #2
Hi, Excel 2003 SP2 I have a new blank workbook, and on a new blank worksheet I format columns A - D as Text. A1 = [This_] B1 = [is_] C1 = [text.] D1 = [=CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)] D1 now displays [=CONCATENATE(A1 ,B1, C1)] instead if the expected [This_is_Text.] Please help. I have hours in this :(( Thanks Jeff Higgins Jeff D1 should have been formatted as "general". Format it, re-type formula? HTH Beege "Jeff Higgins" <oohiggins@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:RFBzf.218$Cp2.147@fe03.lga... > Hi, > Excel 2003 SP2 > I have a new blank workbook, > a...