Showing Percentage Value Data Label in a 100% Stacked Column Chart

I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac.  I have created a 100% Stacked Column Chart and
I want to show the percentage data label on each data series but the tick box
is greyed out under 'Format data Series', sub-tab labels.  Can anyone tell me
how to enable this feature?

0
clare1 (16)

labels closer to axis
How do I get the x-axis labels closer to the axis? When I format the labels I can modify how much they're offset, but even setting it to 0 doesn't really improve it much. Failing that, is there a way to create a "leader line" from the label to the spot on the axis to which it pertains? Hi, If the offset of 0 does not get your labels close enough then you may need to create your own axis labels. See Jon Peltier's collection of articles on creating your own axes. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis If you want to create leader lines you will have...

Zeroing out data but leaving formulas.
I have a spreadsheet that I calculates monthly data and puts it into a year end management spreadsheet. How do I clear the cells of data (zero out) but leave the formulas intact so that I can use the spreadsheet again in the comming year? You should be able to just delete the static data (the data that the formulas are using to make calculations). To toggle the formula view (see the formulas) use Ctrl+~ "clemrogan" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that I calculates monthly data and puts it into a year > end management spreadsheet. How do I clear the cells of data (zero...

SUMPRODUCT using Time between two values
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I have a sheet with the following layout of data (shortened here and changed for obvious reasons) Venue Date Event Start Event End Act Disney 4/13/10 7:00 PM 10:00 PM Goofy MSG 2/13/10 1:00 PM 3:00 PM Basketball Park 3/14/10 6:00 PM 8:00 PM Harlem Globetrotters So, what I have is a user input a Venue, Date, Time Value, and I would need the Act returned... For example, Disney, 4/13/10, 8:25:13 PM, would ou...

Pie Charts #10
I need a pie chart to show quarterly data for 5 different departments. Each quarter will display in it's own pie chart. Each of the 4 quarterly pie charts will be sized proportionately to the year end total. A fifth pie chart will display the TTL data for each department. Is this at all possible? Is there a better way to show such data? Qtr 1 Qtr 2 Qtr 3 Qtr 4 TTL Dept 1 10 30 20 15 75 Dept 2 15 25 25 20 85 Dept 3 20 20 15 30 85 Dept 4 25 15 8 30 78 Dept 5 30 10 19 35 94 100 100 87 130 417 Thank you in advance! V On Aug 6, 3:57=A0pm, valerie <vgar...@carletonls.com> wrote: &...

Showing Owning Business Unit for Accounts in custom view
Recently I stumbled upon a what looked at first glance to be a pretty trivial problem.. Unfortunately this was not the case.. The Account Entity has the (read-only) attribute 'owningbusinessunit' that shows the businessunit the owner of the Account belongs to. All I want to do is show this Business Unit in a custom view. However, MS CRM won't let me add this field as a column, it doesn't show up in the list presented. This is also the case if I want to add it to a form. Previous comments on a similar question pointed out that this attribute can not be changed because it...

Outlook 2003 #100
I would rather use Outlook instead of Outlook Express. However, when I try to use Outlook a message comes up saying "the object could not be found" When I test my settings in Outlook everything checks out=20 fine, but the test e-mail is sent and received through=20 Express not Outlook. So far I have unistalled then installed; and redid my=20 connection set-up and profile in Outlook w/the same=20 results. I use the exact same settings for Outlook as I do for=20 Outlook Express and Express works fine.=20 Any help would be greatly appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >...

Format Chart based on data
I have built a chart from a simple spreadsheet of data. Here is an example of the data: Group1 13.77 Group2 15.86 Group3 12.11 I want the chart (bar style) to show each bar in Blue that corresponds to a value greater than 13. All other bars (<13) should be red. Is that possible? Also, I want to draw a line across the chart at 13 to show the "benchmark". http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Calculate total of only visible data.
I have attached a zip file of my actual data sample. First run the macr (a) macCreateDetailRpt and then (b) macFormatDetailRpt The data is about the training given to employees of different compan either web-based or via Instructor. The total field for each mont gives the total number of students enrolled. The yellow color mean that that company was given web based training in that particula month. Right now the Total Total column calculates the total of all th months. I want it to calculate only from the month the web-base training started. i.e Do a SUM of only the months the total i visibl...

How 2 Link DATA instead of CELL REFERENCE
Here Goes...long story short, I am trying to make Excel work a little like Access. On first tab of my worksheet labeled "All" is all my data. Additional tabs contain links of the data from the 'All' tab1 (Party Invite-tab 2, Golf Invite-tab 3, Alumni-tab 4, etc.) However...when I sort the data on the 'All' tab, the links pasted on the other tabs continue to reference the pre-sorted ROW/COLUMN from the 'All' tab instead of the post-sorted DATA. Therefore data from the links on the other tabs are useless to me. Is there a formula to link the DATA in t...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

Text Columns
I have to columns, alphabetically sorted, one with 1oo names, one with 8o-9o names, which are identical to the ones in the column with 1oo. Is there a way (formula or macro) that places the identical text (names) next to each other in the same row, leaving blank the cell where there is no match? The columns should then look like this: Miller Miller Smith Kerry Kerry Ferguson Ferguson Peters Black Black etc. Thank you Say 1st column is column A, 2nd column is column B. Enter in C1: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B:B,1,0)),"",VLO...

Chart gridlines over an area graph
Good morning! I have an excel chart with an area graph. When I add gridlines to the chart the lines do not show over the colored area portion of the graph. i found a button for droplines which added the Y axis lines, but have found nothing that will show the X axis lines through the graph. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Have a GREAT day! brenda Hi, You will need to draw the gridlines yourself using additional data series. For horizontal gridlines you could use a series for each line, changing the y value for each series. Or a single series plotted as xyscatter. The x value woul...

Matching items in 2 columns
Hi all, This is probably elementary for this group, but here's my question. Suppose I have 2 columns of items, with unequal numbers of items; fewer in the second colum; and the everything in the second column is in the first column. Something like this: A A B C C F D H E K F L G H I J K L Is there an easy way I can get identical items into the same ROWs, so that I can match them? I can do it manually, of course, but I sometimes have hundreds or even thousands of items. I know how to sort, but that doesn'...

Writing a non string value to an XmlAttribute
Hi, I have an XSD schema where I have attributes that are declared to contain non string values such as integers etc. Take for example, this declaration - <xs:attribute name="IsThisTrue" type="xs:boolean" /> Now, I want to write or modify an XML document using the DOM API (using C#) where this attribute will be given a boolean value. Then the resulting XML document will be validated against the schema programatically before saving it. So, I want to have code that does something like this - XmlElement xnode = (XmlElement) sanCfgXml.SelectSingleNode("//SomeNode...

import and saving data
I import a file and it is formatted n text but t text group has a number of values that want in separate cells. Iam lost on how to do that. Another issue is how do i save a spreadskeet in comma or text format. Import file format, e.g., 123 ws 345 154 (all n a single cell) but what I want to do is format the data were each group of numbers or letters are in a separate cell. iF I receive the above as 123,ws,345,154 how can I mport data nto separate cells. Thanks Hi With your data in column A, select the entire column, goto Data > TextToColumns > Delemited > Delemit...

automatically update data validation selections
I've restricted user enter for certain cells to a named range. Fo example, the named range includes: Apples, Oranges, Bananas. Let's say a user selects "Apples". Then, the list is updated so tha "Apples" becomes "Green Apples". I want what the user selecte ("Apples") to now automatically reflect "Green Apples". I canno figure out how to accomplish this without using a combo box - but really don't want to use a combo box - just keep the user entry area a cells. Any suggestions with no code or a minimum of code are much appr...

How to easily collapse columns?
Hi, Is there a way to hide and unhide columns easily without using the menus. I have a large spreadsheet and I would like to navigate it more easily. Any help appreciated Thanks G you might adapt this to your needs. You need to create a button and name it "toggleit" Sub HideG_UnhideG() If Columns("c:j").EntireColumn.Hidden = True Then Columns("c:j").EntireColumn.Hidden = False ActiveSheet.Shapes("toggleit").TextFrame.Characters.Text = _ "HIDE" Else Columns("c:j").EntireColumn.Hidden = True ActiveSheet.Sh...

Non-number value in Charts
I am trying to make a non-number value show up in a column chart. The chart is automatically showing any non-number value as zero. This is fine, however I would like the Display Data Labels to show the value that is displayed in the cell. How do I do this? I think you're actually wanting to display either series name, or category name. If you just want custom labels on individual data points/columns, you'll need to manually edit the labels yourself by selecting the value, then clicking again (aka, a slow double click). -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes&qu...

Referencing every nth cell in a new column
I have data in E4, E12, E20... that I want to copy into a new column without the extra rows in between. How can I do this? So far I've tried entering =E4 in the first cell, then =E12, and then using the fill handle. Didn't work :( I'm not very good at excel so please be specific if you talk about coding or heavy duty formulas. > I have data in E4, E12, E20... that I want to copy into a new column without > the extra rows in between. Here's one way. If the new column starts at row 1, put this at the top and copy downward: =OFFSET($E$4,(ROW()-1)*8,0...

MS EXCEL does not let me insert a column
MS Excel does not let me insert a column. It displays an error message thus- To prevent possible loss of date, MS Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off the work sheet. What should I do to insert a new comumn? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Showing Holidays?
Hello, My Outlook 2002 calendar is not showing any holidays. It does show my personal reoccurring events. The list of holidays seems to stop in earlier years, so the past few years never have shown holidays on the monthly calendar view. Is there a way to get all of the national holidays to show again? Thanks a lot, Bob http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

Excel crashes with protected worksheet and hidden columns?
I have setup a worksheet with a number of cells containing formulas (concat, vlookup, etc). I have locked these cells and protected the worksheet (no password). When I am in the last (unlocked) cell of a row and hit "tab", excel completely freezes and i have to terminate it. i would expect Excel to move me to the next row at the first 'unlocked' cell. btw, the next column after the last 'unlocked' column is hidden. don't know if that makes a difference. Has anyone seen this before, and have any suggestions on resolution? cheers. ...

excel charts #4
Hi, I have 2 sets of data for times. I can plot the chart data onto an excel bar chart and see the results, no problem. However I'd like to compare the 2 sets of times. i.e. I'd like to have two bars, side by side for each of the times. i.e. A1=1 secs A2=2 secs B1=4 secs B2=5 secs Right now I can plot all the A1,B1, ... N1 values but I don't know how to put the results for A2, B2, ... N2 beside each of those for the A1, B1,...N1 etc. Am I right in thinking I just have to change the data range? Or do I need somethign else? i can use the wizard or whatever it takes to redraw th...

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don't in.
(Excel:) How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do not interfere with the text in those labels? Hi, Double click the data labels and set the Patterns Area colour to be the same as the plotarea colour. Cheers Andy peterk wrote: > (Excel:) > How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do > not interfere with the text in those labels? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Peter - Or you could double click the gridlines and change their color to the faintest gray in the palette (you've alr...