Showing "NC" in data table

I have a bar chart with the data table displayed below.  Some of the values
should be showing the text label of "NC" (not computed), but, the table
displays zeros.  Can this be resolved?

Hi,

You need to apply a custom number format to the values in the worksheet.
General;-General;"NC"

The NC will then be displayed in the data labels and or data table.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...

Sending data with CAsyncSocket.
Please tell me if/where I am wrong... If I have an established TCP connection using CAsyncSocket... When I send data I will normally be sending a packet that is about 100 bytes or so. I would send each packet with a separate call to "Send". Normally the Send will return a value equal to the number of bytes I sent. I would just write my code to call Send whenever I need to send a packet. Normally I would never receive an error or an indication that fewer bytes were sent. But if I did, I would handle this error. There is no need for me to use the "OnSend" function. Co...

Inbox Showing Incorrect Number of Unread Messages
I'm having an issue with a user's mailbox - Outlook 2003 or 2007, Exchange 2003, Windows XP - that I could use some help with. The Inbox indicates that there are 47 unread messges, and when I hightlight the Inbox in the navigation pane the Status Bar at the pottom of the Outlook window says that there are 47 total items in the Inbox, but when I look at the message list, there are only 19 messages visible. I've verified that the View settings are set to show Messages, and I've verified that the exact same situation exists in the Unread Mail folder. There are no ...

3D Surface Graphs wiht incomplete data
How can I create a 3D surface chart where there is not a complete array of x and y values. The x and y values I have define a surface who's perimeter is not rectangular. Outside the area that they define, Excel seems to put Z=0, I don't want any surface plotted in these outside regions. Uniplot does this easily, I just hate using Uniplot. Thanks James McIntosh James - I've seen interpolation routines that will propose a value given values in all four directions around a blank cell. Maybe a search of the archives (http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search) for the p...

Filter by form search field showing non-distinct values in pull do
Howdy. I'm using Filter-by-Form for searching. For each field, when in FBF, the pull down shows a list of distinct values for that column. One field on my form, though, is showing a list of non-distinct values, so the list has over 200,000 entries, many of them duplicates (in this case, NULL or zero length string). What's going on? This particular field was fine earlier in development, and the other search fields are still fine - showing only distinct values. Any suggestions on where to look/what to do??? Thanks. Danny Danny - Just a guess here, but since...

Getting Difference between values of 2 tables
Info: I have the following table that stores the total amount available for a particular Document: tblTotalAvail: ID CLIN Amount 1 0001 10,000 2 0002 30,000 3 0003 25,000 Etc... You get the idea. I have the following table that stores the expenditure for for the same document: tblExpenditures: ID DateFunded CLIN Amount 1 21-Jan-07 0001 2,500 2 30-Jan-07 0001 3,700 3 03-Feb-07 0002 11,000 4 14-Feb-07 0001 1,200 5 17-Feb-07 0002 7,500 Etc.... Here is what I am trying to do....I want to Sum the amount...

Show 'incomplete' axes & show ticks but NOT axes?
I've been reading Edward Tufte's "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information" (which, by the way, I can whole heartedly recommend to anyone with a personal/professional interest in statistical graphics). Anyway, I'd love to implement some of his ideas. For example - using a chart's axes as a 'range frame' - so that each axis is only shown from the minimum to maximum of both variables plotted . Meaning that the axes themselves carry information . Does anyone know if or how this could be done in excel? An add-in maybe? Also, things like showing the tick ...

Sync two tables

Mass Data Entry for a Junction Table
On my Junction table we track the employee and what education offerings they have attended. We have found that we have multiple employees attending the same offerings on the same day. (makes sense, if a class is offered one day you will about 20-30 people in that class) Is there any way to simplify the data entry process. Right now on the form the person doing data entry selects the employee, the education offering and the date. This has to be done for each attendee. What would be great would be to create a form that allows you to select a course and a date, and then select mult...

Synchronizing Custom Tables
1) If I created a new customer profile in Store A, I want it to be available in Store B and other stores. Is this possible? How? 2) I want to create a new table to be linked to Customer table. How can I syncronize it to the HQ and other Stores? ...

Re: Comparing Data Need to Include & Exclude #2
Ok....i got it. Thanks for your help. ...

How to reference 2 datasets within a table in a Reporting services report
How can i calculate within my report the movements of two columns coming from 2 different datasets within a table in a Reporting services report. The 2 different datasets are MDX queries with exactly the same number of rows but running over 2 different periods. I just want to calculate within the report the different between the two columns data i.e col A - Col B. I am only able to reference one dataset within the table and for the second dataset, I can only reference the Sum of this column measure or the First/Last record of this column measure, but not each data rows of this column ...

pocket pc notes don't show in outlook at any time after sync.
Sync is 3.8, pocket pc is 2003 v. 2 outlook is 2003 and system is xp microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, cal d. asked: | Sync is 3.8, pocket pc is 2003 v. 2 outlook is 2003 and system is xp ...

MS says that all tables should live in SQL (for performance reasons)
make sure that all Access tables get moved to SQL Server to increase performance. Creating queries against a mix of Access (Jet) and SQL Server using linked tables can be very resource-intensive. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc917601.aspx "a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote: >make sure that all Access tables get moved to SQL Server to increase >performance. Creating queries against a mix of Access (Jet) and SQL >Server using linked tables can be very resource-intensive. > >http://technet.microsoft...

Calculating difference on Pivot Table Totals
I have a pivot Table as follows Region State jan Feb ... Columm North NY 1 5 NJ 5 1 North Total 6 6 South FL 2 6 GA 6 2 South Total 8 8 Grand Total 14 14 I would like to change the display of Grand total to show the difference between the region as follows Grand total difference (2) (2) Any help on this is greatly appreciated. ...

Transforming a table into a formula with If function
I try to define a formula to reflect the table with "IF" or other functions NUMBER OF HINGES PER DOOR DOOR HEIGHT 2400 4 4 4 5 6 6 7 7 2200 4 4 4 5 6 6 7 7 2000 4 4 4 5 5 6 7 7 1800 4 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 1600 4 4 4 4 5 6 6 7 1400 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 7 1200 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 1000 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 800 2 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 600 2 3 4 4 4 5 ...

Reference 2 Dynamic Ranges for Data Validation
Hi Excel group, You all are wonderful. I have one here that I feel like should be easy, and I just know I'm overlooking something simple. I have two lists as follows: A1:A5: John Jim Mark <Blank> <Blank> B1:B5: Charles Steve Mike Kirk <Blank> I have named ranges setup like: ChicagoOffice: =OFFSET(A1:A5,0,0,COUNTA(A1:A5),1) SeattleOffice: =OFFSET(B1:B5,0,0,COUNTA(B1:B5),1) I need to then create a named range for use in data validation that pulls from both of the other dynamic ranges. Also, the names (in each office range) change frequently. So I need a dropdown list t...

Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point
I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How can I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of my other monthly totals from the data table? Hi: One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing the same colours for the data as for the background. HTH, Henk "pepper76" wrote: > I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data > table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or...

Function and Data in a Cell
I was wondering if it is possible to enter data into a cell on the worksheet and there also being a function in that cell to For Example cell A1 I enter data of '50' and the function automatically adds '100' leaving the data displayed in cell A1 as'150 Any help much appreciated Sarah Not without resorting to VBA. Well, there is way "after the fact". Enter your number then enter 100 in another cell. Copy it and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc to the original cell. If you had a great many of these cells, that may be the easiest. You can select all the cel...

CRM 4.0 CRMAsyncService and Physical Delete of Records from Entity Base Tables
Hello, Can someone point me to a blog, document, etc. that explains how the physical delete of entity records is accomplished through this service? I assume this .exe has replaced crmdeletionservice.exe that existed in 3.0? I'm looking for information on how often it runs and whether it can be configured, etc. Thanks, Todd Langdon Answer: there is a SQL Agent job named p_HardDeletes that does this work. On Feb 25, 2:06=A0pm, Todd Langdon <todd.lang...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Can someone point me to a blog, document, etc. that explains how the > physical delete...

when I mail merge my data (currency) format is lost? Help
1. When I mail merge my excel data into word invoices the currency formatting is lost, so I have to manually go into each documen and correct it? 2. Another problem in excel is that in some of my formulas these huge incorrect decimal places appear even though I have set the cell formatting to 'currency, 2 decimal places' I am using excel 2003 Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx ...

Can I recover deleted data from an XL file once it has been saved?
I just accidentally saved my excel file with lots of the data deleted. Can I recover this data? I don't have backup or autorecover enabled. While it may be theoretically possible for the CIA to recovery some of your file, for all practical purposes the file, as it was, is gone. I will omit here any mention of the importance of keeping backups. -- Jim "mf7838" <mf7838@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2ABF6B7-6D42-4D32-B062-4565F38F6175@microsoft.com... |I just accidentally saved my excel file with lots of the data deleted. Can I | recover this da...

Quest: Posting a message to update the NC area of tree ctrl...
I have a dlg app with one static(dark gray) ctrl the full size of the dlg as a backdrop then I have several modeless dlgs as children(window children and as class members obj) of the main dlg. Now everthing has been going great and I wanted to add a new/open file button to open the common dlg thur GetSaveFileName() and GetOpenFileName() inside the respected button's handler and I got that working fine cause I have done it before but then the button were on the main dlg and no modeless dlg were used. Now the problem is when I get the code to continue on after the user sucessfully hit Save(O...

TABLE Function/Array HELP!!!
{=TABLE(,B13)} Can anyone tell me what this array function is doing and how it works? Any help is greatly appreciated! It is not an array function. The cell is part of a Data Table. You create Data Tables (in Excel 2003 and before) in the Data>Table menu command. In Excel 2007 it is in the Data tab, Data Tools block, What-if analysis drop down. Data tables should not be confused with Tables in Excel 2007. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "chris" <csnishimoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0ba2e359-df45-4c9d-9216-2aa091f83ef7@u12g2000prd.googlegroup...