Showing Grand Totals in Pivot Charts

I have created a pivot table which contains a Grand Total
column. This grand total column displays the sum of the
counts for all the columns correctly. This number does not
seem to be available to me when I generate a pivot chart.
How can I make the grand total from the pivot table
display in the pivot chart?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Nikki -

Unfortunately pivot charts aren't as flexible as regular charts. But you
can make a regular chart from pivot table data. Select a blank cell that
isn't near the pivot table. In step 2, click on the Series tab, then one
by one add the series and the data range for each series. You can add a
series for the grand totals this way.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Nikki wrote:

> I have created a pivot table which contains a Grand Total
> column. This grand total column displays the sum of the
> counts for all the columns correctly. This number does not
> seem to be available to me when I generate a pivot chart.
> How can I make the grand total from the pivot table
> display in the pivot chart?

0
DOjonNOT (619)
7/2/2004 7:10:27 PM
Thank you very much...

0
anonymous (74722)

How do I show Attachments List in the Body of an Email?
We want to have the attachment List at the bottom of the email below the signature for data recording processes. This saves us time rather than typing the names of files in. Can anyone HELP??? IT friends cant even help me out... We are stuck! Carm87 wrote: > We want to have the attachment List at the bottom of the email below the > signature for data recording processes. This saves us time rather than typing > the names of files in. > > Can anyone HELP??? IT friends cant even help me out... We are stuck! Since you never mentioned WHICH version of Outlook th...

Outlook 98
I have someone who have multiple appointments in his calendar. He wants to show 7 days in the outlook today folder but it only shows 5. There are appointments on the days that are not showing. I have set under TOOLS, OPTIONS to show all 7 days of the week but it still only shows 5 days. Is there is a limit as to how many appointments are to be displayed? ...

How do I show only certain values from a lookup?
I've created a new form, used for ordering goods at our line of suppliers. In the form, I use a lookup field for selecting the customer. However, to be able to find our suppliers faster, I want to see only customers whose customertypecode is set to "supplier". Could someone please tell me, if this kind of conditional lookup is possible? Hi Thomas, You might want to read this blog: http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/filter-data-in-crm-lookup-field.html It explains how to filter the lookup results. Good luck, Bertil "Thomas H. Bech" wrote: > I've cr...

Line-- Column charts
Hi, i have a line--column chart with 8 data sources on it, 4 are columns and 4 are lines with markers on, the markers i have removed to make them just a plain line...4 of the data sources are positive numbers, 4 are negative numbers....simple. If i was to add another data source to this chart by pressing add in the Source Data box, then using the values box etc, i end up with a another column on the chart, how can i change this to a line or from a line to a column, i don't know if i have control over what i get on the chart. Thanks for any advice, Shane. Hi, You can select the ...

Scatterplot chart legend
When I create a Scatterplot chart plotting 2 series, the chart legend only shows the series names without the corresponding data point color. As is, the legend is not helpful. How do you add the color of the series to the legend? What version of Excel are you using? I've tried it and can't duplicate your problem. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "changc" wrote: > When I create a Scatterplot chart plotting 2 series, the chart legend only > shows the series names without the corresponding data point color. As is, > the legend is not helpful. How do you add t...

Add System Date to Chart
Hi All, Is there any way of display the system date, either within the title of the chart, or anywhere else? Cheers. Bill. Hi, You could link the chart title to a cell which contains the system data. Once you have added the chart title to link it to a cell enter the full cell address in the formula bar. =Sheet1!$A$1 http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Bill" <bill@bill.com> wrote in message news:%23onkuRxFIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Is there any way of displa...

Saving Chart Names in Excel 2007
I saved an XLS file as an XLSX file without performing a conversion. After making changes to the workbook, the chart names will not save, they just revery back to the default "Chart1", "Chart2", etc. names. I followed these steps to change the names to no avail: When you create charts, Microsoft Office Excel assigns a default name to each chart by using the following naming convention: Chart1, Chart2, and so on. However, you can change the name of each chart to make it more meaningful to you. Click the chart that you want to rename. This displays the Chart Tools, ad...

Help with excel 2007 chart
Hey, this seems fairly simple but is stumping me. I have a table with static data that shows my budgetary costs per month for the last 2 years. The row labels in my table are the categories (mortgage, insurance, power, gas, phone, etc.) and the column labels are each month for 2007 and 2008. What I want to do is create a chart that will graph the data (line chart) for each category over the last two years. I would like to choose what category to display on the chart so they're not all on the chart at the same time. I have tried a Pivot Chart, but it's just not displaying the data corre...

Clients showing Yellow Triangle marks
We have WSUS server one Upstream Server and 5 Downstream Server in the console clients not showing 100% complete satus it showing 99%,98% like this when we check the client machine we can see all approved patches are installed successfully .Please Suggest for this WSUS newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services via NNTP: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services WSUS-specific forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/thread...

excel charts #26
HOW CAN I PLOT TWO SETS OF VALUES on the same chart TO SOLVE EQUATIONS "turnip45" wrote: > HOW CAN I PLOT TWO SETS OF VALUES on the same chart TO SOLVE EQUATIONS Test. Please Ignore. DON'T SHOUT! Make an XY chart with one series of X and Y values. Copy the range with the other set of XY values, select the chart, and use Paste Special to add the data as a new series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "turnip45" <turnip45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Excel 2007 Chart colorindex?
I have a macro that changes colors in a bar chart. The following code worked in Excel XP. Sheets("Chart").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 This command crashes Excel 2007, and I've noticed that the ColorIndex property does not ever appear to be a property of the SeriesCollection object in Excel 2007. Does anyone know how to control chart colors in Excel 2007? Here is a macro I recorded in XL 2010 beta . It works in XL2007 with the ..ForeColor.Brightness statement commented out (or deleted) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP...

Certificate error suddenly showing up.
I have one user that is getting the following error each time he starts up Outlook on his system. Security alert autodiscover.domaain.com Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate. (Check mark) The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority. (Check Mark) The security certificate date is valid. (Red X) The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. Do you want to proceed? Yes No View Certificate. The certificate f...

How to vary color in an area chart between negative or positive d.
How can I vary the color in an area chart between positive and negative data points. Using zero as the defining level, anything greater than zero have one color and anything less than zero having a different color. Thank you for your help. Gulf Stream, Set up two series – one for positive values and one for negative values. Add a one-row space between any data point that crosses zero. For example, assume your original data is in a single column starting in cell A2. The data looks like this: a 2 b 4 c -4 d -3 e 6 f -3 g 5 h 7 Rearrange it to look like this (the title "Posit...

Long numbers show up as Scientific Notation
Hello, We have a web based asset tracking system, and some assets have long serial numbers; for instance, 3100600300030147987 or 3101600300100020220 When we import, cut and paste, or open an HTML format page in Excel with these serial numbers, they all show up as: 3.1016E+18 and the last 6 digits get rounded up. How do we show the correct value for these long numbers in excel? Thanks On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:59:07 -0800, berryware421243 <berryware421243@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We have a web based asset tracking system, and some assets have long seria...

Excel charts #16
How do I get a stacked chart to stop totaling two numbers, and allow one number to represent a percentage / portion of the other number? ...

Excel pie chart grays out
This just started happeneing all of a sudden to a monthly worksheet with pie charts that are updated regularly. The data creates two pie charts, which sit side-by-side on a spreadsheet tab. This month they suddenly both just appear as distinct grayed-out boxes - although when I put the cursor right on one or the other graphic, I do get the usual pie chart that I am expecting. It goes back to gray when I move the cursor elsewhere on the spreadsheet. Any ideas on what might have changed or what we can do to correct this would be appreciated! J. M. Koskey Choose Options on the Tools menu, a...

can you create a break in the chart scale
Is possible to change the scale of the chart to reflect a large range of data ie creat a break in the scale? I have a data set that consists of variables ranging from 25 to 0.1, there are roughly three variables that are in between 20 - 25 and the remainder are (25) are in the range of 0.1 to 1. As such, when I graph this data in a regular bar chart I can only see the three variables that are between 20 - 25 as the scale does not allow me to the lower valued variables. In regards to this problem I would like to break the scale so it would ready, 0.2, 0.2,0.3 ....1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25. If y...

How do I put multiple lines on a scatter chart?
I'm trying to plot up to 7 lines on a scatter chart, but am having trouble getting it to work. I'm a bit of a beginner with excel, and have worked out basic scatter charts, but I now need one that presents multiple lines for each 'item'. I'm not explaining this every well.. but does anyone know what I mean? The chart I have to work from and duplicate is in JPEG form so I can't just adjust the figures and re-plot.. it sort of looks like a rainbow with all the different lines curving, one higher than the other... Put your X data in column A, starting in A2 and ru...

Query to show relevant training
I want to make a report (which I hope to eventually use as a subreport) to detail training classes employees have taken since they last renewed licenses. Training only counts if it's occurred after the issue date of the certificate. I have four tables that I believe would be relevant, a truncated list follows: tblTrainingClass: lngClassID (PK) chrClassTitle dtmClassDate .... tblEmployee: chrEmpID (PK) chrLName chrFName .... tblTrainee: (an intersection table) lngClassID (PK) chrEmpID (PK) tblCertificate: lngCertificateID (PK) chrEmpID (FK) dtmIssueDate dtmEx...

Inbox showing minus 1 read messages
We have a user who is using outlook 2000 conected to exchange 5.5 whos mailbox is constantly showing -1 unread messages next to the inbox in the outlook bar. I have selected all the messages and marked them as read but this made no difference, I even marked them as unread and then read, still no change. Please help. If there are five real unread messages, does it show 5, 6, or 1? Create a temp folder, select all (from the edit menu) from the inbox and move it to the temp folder. Does it still show 1 or did the 1 move to the temp folder? If the latter, move the good ones back one at a ...

2005 SB: Payment for invoices not showing as income in reports?
I just upgraded to 2005 and I am not impressed so far. For some reason downloaded transactions cannot be marked as "Payment for Invoice", you have to create a new transaction to get it to popup the wizard to allocate to various invoices. My most pressing issue is that when I run a report, everything I marked as "Payment for Invoice" isn't showing up as income. Does anyone know a work around?! Money team please address these bugs pronto, how did test sign off on this release? Thanks. This may not answer the question, but I'm looking for the opposite solu...

Colouring area under curve in a scatter chart?
I am using Excel 2003 and have a scatter chart with several series. I would like to fill the area under each series with a different colour. Does anyone know a way to do this? The chart in question can be found here. It is not easily reproducible as an area chart. http://www.edferrero.com/Content/Scatter_Pyramid.xls Ed Ferrero Sorry, reposted in microsoft.public.excel.charting Ed Ferrero ...

Turn off "Final Showing Changes" for files on opening
I don't want files to open with the "Final Showing Changes" screen display after I have changed the display option to "Final". How can I control file opening view? While I don't recommend doing it (because others can still see your tracked changes, and using this setting can result in unfortunate accidents), if you're using Word 2007, in Word Options, click Trust Center - Trust Center Settings - Privacy Options, and remove the check next to "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving". Note that this affects only your Word setti...

Showing tasks in calendar #2
This seems too easy, but I can't find the answer to my query in Help, so I'd be grateful if anyone could assist me. I frequently add new tasks to Outlook 2003, but can't find a way to make them appear in the Calendar view. Although I've found how to make the Taskpad appear, I would very much like the calendar to show task due dates along with normal appointments. Can this be done? Many thanks in advance! You can show Tasks in many ways beside the Calendar in the TaskPad. They aren't meetings so they will not be in the Calendar. Add columns to the TaskPad by ri...

Pie chart 05-27-10
how can I change the circumference of the pie in the chart? sometimes is is a lot bigger than others and looks funny when two are compared on the same page. Circumference is determined by the plot area size. In VB, you could control this like so: ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select Selection.Width = 115 Selection.Height = 115 -- Best Regards, Luke M "Lindylou" <Lindylou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20876711-6955-468D-AF55-EE594C79FFFF@microsoft.com... > how can I change the circumference of the pie in the chart? sometimes i...