Show two value ranges on one axis

How do you show two value ranges of the same data on one axis? (the axis
range is separated by a zigzag/heartbeat style line). e.g. instead of showing
0-50, the axis could show 10-25 and 40-45.

Any help appreciated!
0
NOKIA (4)

Take a look at Jon Peltier's Broken Y axis example.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

"NOKIA" <NOKIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you show two value ranges of the same data on one axis? (the axis
> range is separated by a zigzag/heartbeat style line). e.g. instead of
showing
> 0-50, the axis could show 10-25 and 40-45.
>
> Any help appreciated!

0
breinhardt (272)
12/20/2004 5:20:25 PM
Thanks for that - very thorough! Is there not a quicker
solution?

0
NOKIA (4)
12/21/2004 9:39:49 AM
Having worked through the example and downloaded the
relevant add-in, how do you 'add the labels in H2:H13 to
the Markers series along the Y axis' using the Chart
Labeler?

Thanks again!

0
NOKIA (4)
12/21/2004 10:13:19 AM
Select TOOLS, XY Chart Labeler, Add Chart Labels.

If you don't have the XY Chart Labeler on your list of tools, you'll have to
select it using the ADD-INS menu on the TOOLS menu.

> Having worked through the example and downloaded the
> relevant add-in, how do you 'add the labels in H2:H13 to
> the Markers series along the Y axis' using the Chart
> Labeler?
>
> Thanks again!

0
breinhardt (272)
12/21/2004 1:34:26 PM
Thanks for all your help - I can now complete the task!
Thank you.

0
NOKIA (4)

Show Excel in two separate instances/two monitors?
I've recently been upgraded to two monitors (one of the few things IT has done right around here!). But try as I might, I can't get two Excel (2003) workbooks to show in two separate instances so I can put one on each monitor! Any solutions? Ed Hi Ed, open 2 workbooks -- click the Maximize button (so you are in resize mode) --- drag a workbook by the titlebar to the second monitor... Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * Ed wrote: > I've recently been upgraded to t...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

query-based distribution group not showing in Outlook
Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 I have created a query-based distribution group and it isn't showing up in Outlook Address Book. If I create Distribution groups they show up in the Address Book. How do I get the query based groups to show in the Address Book? Under Exchange Advanced I have confirmed that the check box to hide list is unchecked. Thanks, Colin M. On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:54:52 -0800, "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 > >I have created a query-based distribution ...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

option to show or hide social security number throughout system
Now that identify theft is a big issue, a great feature in HR and/or UPR would be an option to hide or show SS# on windows and reports. I'm having to cusomize HR and Payroll reports just to remove the SS#. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

How to find a value with multi-column, multi-record list
I have a spreadsheet with $costs arranged according to values in both rows and columns. How do I create drop down lists for both the rows and columns and then return the cell value? eg if I have 5 rows (2-6) and 6 columns (B-G) with costs arranged in each cell within this group how do I create drop downs for each selection, 2-6 and B-G, and return the value to a selected cell. In a typical table of this nature there would be descriptive row and column headers. To do a lookup on this table you would then look for the intersection of a specific row header and a specific column ...

ALTER TABLE statements showing up in my stored procedures
Hi, Recently, I noticed some ALTER TABLE statements in my stored procedures. I have no idea where they came from. The only thing I can think of is that I do generate scripts to keep my local copy of the database where I develop my application and the production server in sync. I think these statements started showing up after I upgraded to SQL Server 2008 R2 (full version on production server and Express on the local machine). I just tried removing them from one of my stored procedures and they came right back. I then deleted the stored procedure and recreated it without t...

How do I change the value in cell based on a future date
I would like certain cells to be cleared after a certain date one way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (Right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Public Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > #12/15/2004# Then _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1,B2,J10,K39").ClearContents End Sub Note that this won't work if the user opens your workbook with macros disabled. Note also that there's no way to prevent a user from accessing your data - i.e., they can set their clock back and open the file. You can make things more difficu...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

Transfering a changing cell value progressively through a workbook
I am creating a payment application form in excel 2007 using windows 7. Each worksheet represents one months invoice. Say I have a formula in "sheet 1/ cell Q7" that sums the total billed to date for a particular budget line item. This value will be transfered to a the next months payment application "sheet 2/ cell K7" this becomes the total amount of previous applications, then "sheet 2/ Q7 is =sum(K7,M7,O7) this value is transfered to "sheet 3/ K7, and so on and so on, until the completion of the job. How do I acomplish this. -- Thanks Mike ...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...

Trapping empty or null value
I have a subform with a textbox txtAmount bound to field Amount. On the subform's footer is txtTotal with control source =Sum([amount]). When there is no data in the subform I see #Error in the txtTotal. How can I change =Sum([amount]) to something that will test for this condition and display 0 when there is no data in the subform instead?. Robert Unless you are using Access 2007, you can check the RecordCount of the RecordsetClone of the subform. Unfortunately, the new version errors with that, so you have to use a function call. Public Function FormHasNoRecords(frm As F...

imported distributions lists show as contacts
Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists, then imported into a new system. Teh imported DL's show up as separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a simplified way to correct? Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you import them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

M2006 shows downloaded statement, but where is it?
For two accounts, the "View Downloaded Statements" shows that something was downloaded with 4-5 transactions each. However, the account register shows no such entries for me to accept etc. What gives? -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com Run the Quick File Repair and let's see if that fixes the problem. -- "Aloke Prasad" <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote in message news:etLKp15oFHA.3408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > For two accounts, the "View Downloaded Statements" shows that something > was download...

Scaling x-axis with time
Can anyone help me with a problem I am having? I have a spreadsheet showing 2000 data points plotted against time, sounds simple However, the number of data points corresponding to 1 second of 'footage' varies. E.g. in a 1 second interval, I sometimes get 5 readings being recorded (0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 sec), and in the next 1 second interval, I get 10 readings being recorded (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0 sec). When it comes to graphing the data, the time scale along the X-axis is not 'to scale', I am looking to have the tick mark labels to be di...

Data Range with more than value
I am trying to assign codes to one of my worksheets based on pricing. The problem that I am running into is that the data that I am taking my information has a range of pricing Example below PRICE POINT/RANGE PP $0.01 TO $1 PP0100 I need to have a formula that looks at "PRICE POINT/RANGE" and compare it to a column that has pricing (i.e .95). This formula/function should give me the "PP" code. Break the range up into two columns (Data - Text to columns). Assuming you don't have gaps/overlaps in your price range (why would you?) your formula ...

Clear cell value without macro?
Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or the workbook opened without using a macro? Ed Click on the cell and press the <delete> key. Is this what you mean? Pete On Dec 9, 1:44=A0pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > the workbook opened without using a macro? > > Ed > On Dec 9, 1:44 pm, Ed from AZ wrote: > > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > > the workbook opened without using a macro? On Dec 9, 7:02=A0a...

ignoring null values in graph
I've built a data sheet to represent monthly result data that is appended to each month. In the out-months a formula exists to prevent a DIV/0 error in the data sheet. Problem is, the out months graph with a zero value. How do I fix without having to update the chart range or formulas that calc the percentages each month? Take a look at Jon Peltier's Dynamic Chart information http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynColCht Is this what you are looking for? "Kris B" <Kris B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC0C63B-61DD-4FC8-A90...

Multiple maildomains on one exc2k3 srv
Hi Our company have multiple maildomains on one exchange 2003 server And we would like to send emails with all of them. its like this: if you send me an email on a user@new.com emailadress i want to answer u back on that adress...but my primary adress in exchange is user@old.com How do i set this up so my users can use this easy. i know i can change my primary adress...but thats not a solution for us...( we have 6 emaildomains) We are using w2k3 server with e2k3 with smtp. Hope someone can answer me Lars Have a look at ChooseFrom application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefr...

How to change data range for Pivot Table
Hi, How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask For Date:] in MS Query. Does anyone know how to achieve similar result for Pivot Table. regards Peter You can use the pivot table's page fields to filter the data. Or, import the external data to a worksheet, where you can use parameters, and base the pivot table on that. piotr.kabath@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have > done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask F...

histogram, wrong input range
when I try to put data into a histogram. It changes to the name of my worksheet. WHY????? Need help... Camilla Camilla - > when I try to put data into a histogram. It changes to the name of my > worksheet. WHY????? Need help... Camilla < Some range edit boxes show the worksheet name preceding the range you have selected. As an alternative to Excel's Histogram tool, especially for continuous-valued data (as opposed to discrete), you may want to try my Better Histogram free add-in, available at www.treeplan.com. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...