Show two value ranges on one axis

How do you show two value ranges of the same data on one axis? (the axis
range is separated by a zigzag/heartbeat style line). e.g. instead of showing
0-50, the axis could show 10-25 and 40-45.

Any help appreciated!
0
NOKIA (4)

Take a look at Jon Peltier's Broken Y axis example.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

"NOKIA" <NOKIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you show two value ranges of the same data on one axis? (the axis
> range is separated by a zigzag/heartbeat style line). e.g. instead of
showing
> 0-50, the axis could show 10-25 and 40-45.
>
> Any help appreciated!

0
breinhardt (272)
12/20/2004 5:20:25 PM
Thanks for that - very thorough! Is there not a quicker
solution?

0
NOKIA (4)
12/21/2004 9:39:49 AM
Having worked through the example and downloaded the
relevant add-in, how do you 'add the labels in H2:H13 to
the Markers series along the Y axis' using the Chart
Labeler?

Thanks again!

0
NOKIA (4)
12/21/2004 10:13:19 AM
Select TOOLS, XY Chart Labeler, Add Chart Labels.

If you don't have the XY Chart Labeler on your list of tools, you'll have to
select it using the ADD-INS menu on the TOOLS menu.

> Having worked through the example and downloaded the
> relevant add-in, how do you 'add the labels in H2:H13 to
> the Markers series along the Y axis' using the Chart
> Labeler?
>
> Thanks again!

0
breinhardt (272)
12/21/2004 1:34:26 PM
Thanks for all your help - I can now complete the task!
Thank you.

0
NOKIA (4)

splitting one column into two columns ... not what you think
i have fixed column widths that can't be changed; nor can any other columns be added to the worksheet ... i've got data in one column that represents "results" ... within the results column though, i need two columns (starting directly below the "results" cell, one that reads "in range" and that other that reads "out of range" ... so: if i'm on [column a] [cell 1] i want: "results" ... in [column a] [cell 2] i want: "in range" AND "out of range" with a line down the middle. "text to column" is ...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Passing data from one form to another

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

Insert an autofiltered range into another tab
I'm am having an issue when trying to insert a range from an autofilter on one sheet to another. The range has to be inserted above rows that have data in them. When I use the insert.shift:xldown, it only moves down the first column. TIA, Sub B_CreateTabs() Dim rngE As Range Dim lngLastRow As Long Dim mgrval, lobval, shtval As String mgrval = "myself" lobval = "dept" shtval = mgrval & "-" & lobval Windows("Mybook.xls").Activate Sheets(shtval).Select Sheets(shtval).Copy After:=Workbooks("Mybook.xls&quo...

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

how to query my web site from VBA and return a value to VBA
Hello All, From VBA I would like send a value to my web site, and have it return a value. I've learned how to use FollowHyperlink to send a value to an ASP script, but how can the ASP script send a value back to VBA?? Thanks, Brian Austin, TX You can use xmlhttp to make a request to your web page: '********************************************************* Sub Tester() MsgBox WebResponse("http://www.mydomain.com/myactualpage.asp? info=3Dblah") End Sub Private Function WebResponse(sURL As String) As String Dim XmlHttpRequest As Object Se...

Conditional sum
Hi Can you help? I would like to sum a matrix according to a condition in a row and in different condition in a column. I know how to do this one dimensionally (either in the row or the column) using sumproduct, but what about two dimensions? Let me give an example, number of widgets produced each week by each type of machine A B C D 1 weeks>>1 2 3 2 Type 1 10 15 11 3 Type 2 20 5 10 4 Type 1 5 12 21 Etc So, I’d like the formula to be a...

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

Charting dynamic range
Ok let me say i fully understand how to name a range and in the source data use the formula =sheetname!rangename Problem arrises when my macro that runs an advanced filter with the source data and add data to the bottom of the range the chart reverts back to it's initial data source =sheet1!$a$4:$b$15 so even though it accept the named range intitailly once the advanced filter runs it almost ommits the named range. I am using 2007 and i never had this problem in 2003. What suggestions do you have for me? Thank you!!!!! -- Thank you, Jennifer ...

Show only extended description on receipt
I have RMS set up in such a way that it shows the extended description of the items at the POS along with the regular description. When i print a receipt both descriptions print. Is it possible to print only the extended description, if so, how?? Hi Terry, You might downloaded the receipt format or done yourself customization. Just try to find first Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription and if you see another variable called Entry.Description Just remove the row or column with name "Entry.Description" It will work, let me know or send me email address I have already the customized o...

Two different hyperlink colors
I have created a publisher document that I am using as email stationary. I have created some blue buttons that I have put hyperlinks on. I want the hyperlinks to not show up as blue on the buttons, so I changed the color scheme so they show as white. However, in the main body of my email, there are also a few hyperlinks. Because I've changed the color scheme, these hyperlinks are also showing up as white. I've tried just highlighting them and changing the font to black but that does not work. Is there anyway to change the hyperlink color in the body of my email? Than...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

Showing the perimeter of a set of (X,Y) data!
Good day all, I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data. I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found. Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they both cover the same surface of existence. i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ? Thank you I think the easiest way to do this is plot the data on a XY Scatter cha...

Historical IV Trial Balance
When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? are you getting a duplicate error? If you are, then what you are experiencing is a bug. To fix, you will have to apply the latest service pack. Hope this helps. Rheiner "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to > run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? I think so. I'll try that by applying SP 4 for 10.0 "Rheiner" wrote: > are you gettin...