Setting chart scale min/max in VBA

Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same
workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it
manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help?

0
pjasak (1)

Hi,

See Jon's page,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

Cheers
Andy

pjasak@alum.mit.edu wrote:
> Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same
> workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it
> manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help?

0
andy9699 (3616)
1/30/2007 9:06:37 PM
Here's an example of setting min and max dates for a trend chart.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_set_x_axis_min__max_dates.htm

Kelly O'Day

http://Processtrends.com

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> See Jon's page,
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> pjasak@alum.mit.edu wrote:
>> Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same
>> workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it manually
>> but it would be nice to automate it. Any help?

0
dkod (205)

Setting up Server information
I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various email account types I can use as I have an email address with yahoo and msn. -- Microsoft questioning "inevitable" <inevitable@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E8A5145-F746-40B1-B40F-48AD423E816E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server > information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various > email > account types I can use as I have an ema...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Gantt Chart and Critical Path
I have a spreadsheet where I enter time line data in the cells and from that information generate a Gantt chart. What I would like is a way to have symbols on my chart to show milestones, and end points. Anybody have any ideas as to how I could add those symbols on a chart? Thanks. Royce - That's a page I haven't added to my web site yet. Your gantt chart is a stacked (or floating) bar chart. To add symbols, you need to add additional series, using time as your X values, and a normalized Y value corresponding to the bar that needs the marker. Use 1 for your topmost bar, and N...

soften jagged edges of pie charts
I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document Instructions said go to format, click selected data series and click patterns tab then select smoothed line. But the box Smoothed line doesn't exist. Have you tried copying as picture (Shift-Edit-copy as picture)? "zen" wrote: > I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel > but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document > > Instructions said go to format, click selected...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

multiple NTDS Settings
to whom it may concern: is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? any effect on this? thank you. On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:14:31 +0800, "sherwin de claro" <sherwin.de.claro@gmail.com> wrote: >to whom it may concern: > >is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? > >any effect on this? > > >thank you. > What do you mean here? If you're talking about AD Sites and Services then no, only one. You can have many replication conenctions under that, but only one "NTDS Settings" under the DC. yes its on AD Si...

MATCH INDEX MIN and 2nd MIN
I have 8 suppliers with their prices listed in columns beneath their names. With the help of many in here, I can achieve finding out who is the minimum supplier and who is the 2nd minimum supplier. Suppose all the suppliers are listed in columns D to K and some suppliers haven't quoted for all parts listed and in certain sections I have 2 suppliers that did not submit prices for any parts and have zero values right down their list of prices. To obtain the minimum supplier, I have used the following formula =INDEX($D$1:$K$1,1,MATCH(V2,$D$2:$K$2,0)) where V2 contains the minimum val...

I can not set an msn account
Hi. I could set a free hotmail account using outlook. I receintly bought an extra storage account using msn. Now I have problems trying to set the msn account using outlook, in spite I could set the hotmail account without problem. I can read and send mail using the browser. Can somebody help me to set the msn account using outlook? I am receiving the error message: Configuration: Account: MSN Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp User name: username@msn.com Protocol: HTTPMail Port: 0 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800ccc19 ...

Big difference in performance
I wrote a class on which I perform unit-testing before integration in the main development line, the unit-testing and main dev being two separate projects. I wrote a routine which constructs a data structure in the class, which uses CArrays, vectors, and the nth_element routine from STL, with the routine being recursive. Now, in the unit-test project, the routine takes ~3-4 seconds to execute. In the main development code, it takes ~70 seconds to execute. This is measured for the routine itself (no setup or cleanup), same data as input, same computer, and both projects compiled for debug. ...

RMS Troubleshooting and Basic Set up v4/3/2005
http://www.simonajewelry.com/rms.aspx I have decided to post the information on the net because ms newsgroup does not have a long message retention. Natt ...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Delete embedded chart, how?
I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? -- Boswell Select the chart, hit the delete button. -- David Biddulph "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:C439A52B-E430-4B40-95DB-1563E22939AF@microsoft.com... >I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? > -- > Boswell ...

Pie Chart color
Hi, Excel 2003. I have a 3 series pie-chart, I simply want to change the color of ONE of the 3 slices in the way I want. Thanks for help. Click the slice; pause; click the slice again, it should now have 'handles' around it. Use Format | Data POINT in menu (if it say Data SERIES, try again) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Freightliner" <freightliner2006@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87a8c3a5-2d6e-43d2-a0ec-7aa1b25c1296@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Excel 2003. I...

Allocation Method set to None
Not sure I understand Allocation Method set to None. Orders must be allocated before they can be fulfilled. So what exactly does setting Allocation Method set to None do? How then does the order get allocated? Thx ...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Using Contact's Categories to set message categories
Is there any way to have a rule that sets an incoming message category to the categor(ies) that the sender of the message is assign to in my contacts list? In other words, I have 'George Washington' in my contacts list. George has a category of 'prez' assigned to him. When I get a message from George, I'd like that message to be assigned the category of 'prez' as well. I know I can manually setup a rule to do this for specific contacts, but it would be so much more useful to manage the rule's behavior by setting categories in the contact list. No. Here&...

Dynamically Setting a forms Input Parameter Property
Hi , I'm working with a ADP project, I have a form where I set the recordset property at design time to a SQLServer stored procedure that has one parameter. If I set the Input Parameter property of the form at design time all is well. However I'd like to be a little more flexible in that I have the calling object that Opens the form using Docmd.Openform pass OpenArgs to the form. On the Form_Open event I set the InputParameter property of form using the value in OpenArgs. The problem is I'm still prompted with the parameter popup..if I press Ok everything continue on and ...

Macro or VBA
I am dumb, but would like to automatically trim down reports that we get from our IT dept. We have to delete redundant columns (A,B,C,D,E,G,H,J,K)from each report. In other words, the only data we want to view is in F,I,J,P. Can this done more effciently with a macro or VBA/ Could someone give me an example of either so that I could work from and learn? Thank-You start a new workbook open one of those report workbooks record a macro into that new workbook (not the report workbook) when you delete the columns you don't want. stop recording back to that new workbook save it as a nice...

move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart
I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.) However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points (which is what I want - the axes and labels behind th...

Setting Up Windows Mail 01-05-10
I am having trouble setting up windows mail. This is the message I get "The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties. I have Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop. "NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B119C5BC-0455-4A2B-8346-FD86236D0F9C@microsoft.com... >I am having ...

VBA date question
Why isn't this working? I have a form which has a text box for an attribute of type DATE. This attribute, foo, is normally null when the form is loaded. I tried setting the default value for the text box to "Date()" but it doesn't show up (i'm thinking it's because I'm actually running a join query to generate the record for the form so the form never gets the opportunity to display the default value for foo since it thinks it's supposed to be null, the result from the query) So I added some code like this: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If (I...

Formatting Chart Category Labels
I'm creating a fairly complex chart - a spider graph "dashboard" report that addresses 4 major areas of an organization's performance - finance, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Each category has 4-7 data elements, so that there are a total of 22 data elements on the chart. There will be 2 sections of the report, a chart showing YTD, LYTD and Goal values for the data elements and the graph itself. I envision this as a relatively easy way for management or board to get a snapshot of comparative key performance indicators. So far so good - input form, c...

Charting Problem #2
I have a problem with charting a Dynamic chart. I goes ok to set up the dynamic function as a range. It also shows the correct series. The range is as follows: =OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1;1;Sheet3!$P$2-1;COUNTA(INDIRECT("C"&Sheet3!$P$2;FALSE));1) Where P2 is an input from a listbox, and the name of the range is: Sheet3!Dato. When I try to change the reference for the series i get the following message: "Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct, and try again." The serie...