Set Y-Axis max value to cell value without VBA?

I'm working on a home-grown pareto chart in my workbook; the data will
change and I'd like to dynamically have the (primary) Y-Axis max match the
sum of all values so that that it will synch with the secondary Y-axis which
will always have my 0-100% of the total (line). Is there an easy way to
force the primary Y-axis to have a maximum value matching a cell in my
worksheet?
Thanks,
Keith

0
nospam7515 (2084)

You need VBA, but it's not terribly hard. Here's how (my site):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

and here's a utility that handles the heavy lifting for you (Tushar Mehta's
site):

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"KR" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a home-grown pareto chart in my workbook; the data will
> change and I'd like to dynamically have the (primary) Y-Axis max match the
> sum of all values so that that it will synch with the secondary Y-axis
> which
> will always have my 0-100% of the total (line). Is there an easy way to
> force the primary Y-axis to have a maximum value matching a cell in my
> worksheet?
> Thanks,
> Keith

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

Average formula where blank cells are counted as zeros
I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank cells. I had only cells A2, A4, A6 filled out, but when I do =average(A1:A6), it is not treating the blanks as zeros so the answer is much higher than it should be. Should I do a logic formula within the cells? If you know the range, you could do the division yourself: =sum(a1:a6)/6 But this would include other non-numeric cells in the count of cells (6), too. krwelling wrote: > > I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank > cells. > > I ha...

Max row's available is too small
Hi, I had two questions...I currently have Excel 97 and the maximum row' available is 65000 and some. If I upgrade to the newest version doe this increase? If not, what are some ways you guys go about getting around thi restriction... What i'm going to be doing is using an Add-In from an external sourc that lets me do certain SQL queries....but the data returned from thes queries may easily be larger than 65k rows.... Any ideas? Thanks, Fran -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Frank, The maximum number of rows in all versions of Excel since 97 is 65536. There i...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

When printing to large scale plotter, is there a max # of lines/pa
I am having problems with printing to my large plotter. Project seems to have issue when printing 325 lines or more. The plot gets long horizontal lines of different lengths running through my data. When I insert a page break at, for example, line 323, the plot looks fine, but I am getting two pages instead of just one. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think this is a plotter problem. Almost always, problems related to printing are related to the system or the printer driver. That is because Project is using the system to print. The first thing to check is that...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Cells not sorting right with other worksheets
I have some problems!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet? &qu...

How to find cells with links to other workbooks?
I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there a easy wy of finding such links? Hi you may try http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "Bathonian" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other > workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there > a easy wy of finding such links? ...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

to extract multiple values from an array
Hi, I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular day . On Dec 30, 4:56=A0am, ratan h <ratha...@nextgenalbums.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique > code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job > Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular > day . Not enough info but, assuming you are...

Conditional format if cell=0 then font colour same as background .
I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0 shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell). To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so you can't see the zero But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing Try the formula =IF(Sheet1!F14="","",Sheet1!F14) in the linked cell. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Paligap" <Paligap@discu...

Calculating or Adding Values that are 0
I have three fields that I need to total. When i do run the total nothing appears because one of the fields has a 0 value. The expression is not counting 0 values, how do I work around this? Is the value actually zero or Null? If it is null then use the NZ function like this -- Nz([Field1], 0) + Nz([Field2], 0) + Nz([Field3], 0) -- Build a little, test a little. "blanch2010" wrote: > I have three fields that I need to total. When i do run the total nothing > appears because one of the fields has a 0 value. > > The expression is not ...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Display value of cell
Using Excel 2000 In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/result, how do I correct this? I want to see the formula. Reply to kdfoxca@yahoo.com Thanks. Are all formulas cells show the formulas or just one? Maybe you have a space before the = (Excel think it is text now) Or your cell is format as text -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kenya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3942b$e28b7240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 > In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/resul...

Cell Reference #3
In a workbook, is it possible to know all the cells where a particular cell is referenced in a calculation. Specifically, if I make a change in one cell, what are all the cells that will be affected. ...

Maximum number of characters in a cell
Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 characters? Bill Hi Bill, > Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 > characters? A cell can contain about 32000 characters, but Excel will display only about a 1000 of them (depending on font and fontsize). Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com If you would add some forced (manual) line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) in your text at opportune locations, you will find that you can *display* much more text. -- HTH, RD ----------------------------------...

merge cells with a twist
A B C joe @ domain.com trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) and that result is joe@domain.com Thank you. =A1&B1&C1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message news:uaAWelbgFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >A B C > joe @ domain.com > > trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) > and > that result is joe@domain.com > Thank you. > > =hyper...

Deleting a word from a Cell
Hi Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell My cell currently read: - M04274059519 Total and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word Would really appreciate some help linexe On Jan 21, 7:27=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell > > My cell currently read: - =A0M04274059519 Total > > and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word > > Would really appreciate some help > > linexe C...

Publish Form Changes without restarting IIS?
Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every change is a pain. thank you. Mike Presumably as you are 24/7 you have multiple CRM servers, so you only need to IISRESET one CRM server at a time, thus users will not notice any loss of service "BWIT" <user1@bwinc.com> wrote in message news:ObSXFVvWFHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We > run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every chang...

referring cell in macro function
If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet is there a property of the referring cell? I want to know what cell the formula is in. Dim callCell As String callCell = Application.Caller.Address Returns the cell address of the cell where the UDF is used. "zxcv" <zxcvnosend@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:aef3cafd-4c52-40a6-8348-ebf957b3abad@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet > is there a property of the referring cell? > > I want to know what cell the form...

Encode(quote) attribute value
Hi there, I need to encode the value of an XML attribute, e.g. string myXml = "<element myAttr=\"" + encodeURIComponent("my \"value") + "\"" ...."; Is there an equivalent of encodeURIComponent() javascript function as part of the framework (1.1 or 2.0) which will encode special characters, e.g. double quotes? Thanks, -Oleg. For .NET languages, include the namespace System.Web.HttpServerUtility and call the HtmlEncode method of the Server object. The results are equivalent to the javascript escape() method. ie: for VB.NE...

time entery to the cell
any one can help me how to make the cell automatically take from the time of the computer... because i am using the timesheet tha can download from office online but the problem isour staff are key-in the correct time for there time in or time out... what i want is no need for them to enter the time, they just click the time in or time cell the time of the computer will be recorded to the cell.... Thanks a lot to all the expert that very helpfull..... jeff Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html for entering a timestamp automatically then a cell changes -- Regards Frank ...

How do identify a blank cell in a formula
Example: IF(s69=blank,"Void".... What I want to say is if a cell, (s69in this example) is blank, enter the word "Void" but the above way don't work - I don't know how to enter that in this IF formula. Barb, here is one way =IF(ISBLANK(S69),"Void","") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Barb123" <Barb123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...