Set begin/end times in a bar chart

I am trying to set up a employee shift schedule with a floating bar chart for
approx. 30 employees.  I can get the bar to start at the right time, but it
does not end at the correct time.  How can I accomplish this?  I have to
print out a daily schedule on a weekly basis so I would like to create a
reusable chart for this function.  I am using Excel and Powerpoint.  Thanks
for your help.
0
Shaddix (1)

Hi,

Have a read of Jon's article on Gantt charts.
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343

He also has a collection of links on the subject.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Fron End Back End Configuration
I am setting up front end back end exchange 2003 configuration. The front end server sits in DMZ. The back end server is on internal network. I am following the document published by microsoft on this subject. However, several things are still not clear. Does the server on which front end exchange server is installed need to be a member of a domain? Must the front end server be a member of the same domain as that of the back end server? If not, what is preferable? If I am using front end server as a mail gateway and spam filter, do I need to refer to the back end server mailbox or p...

Bond Yield Template with Payment schecule and chart (Excel)
Does anyone have a Bond Yield Template, payment schedule and chart for excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=87576e8c-1ad1-4aff-a5ca-3e574007bf1c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc You m...

End Of Month Formula #2
Good evening all. I am a little stumped here, cannot seem to resolve this simple requirement. In cell A1 I have the value from 1 to 12 (representing the month). (This is manually entered.) Now, in cell B1, I would like to enter a formula, so that the last date of the month in A1 is shown, eg A B 1 5 30/05/03 .... or A B 1 12 31/12/03 ... etc As usual any assistance would be grayefully received. Cheers, Mathew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-vi...

Counting Of Date & Time
I've just created a spreadsheet to keep track of my attempt to qui smoking (as from tomorrow). It all works fine, apart from on section. I have a cell which shows the amount of "Life Taken Per Cigarette (which most scientists believe is around 11 minutes for the averag male smoker). This cell's format is *custom*, and the type is *[mm]* Another cell counts "Cigarettes Not Smoked", which is a calculate general number cell. The cell I'm having problems with is a cell to show "Life Saved". I' trying to show it in Days:Hours:Minutes, and although I c...

The filter didn't show all (2,254) names when I set it up
I set up auto filter to sort my names in my company spreadsheet. There are 2254 names and all of there info in the rows. When I click the arrow in the Name column I can only see the names up to the M's (1880 of them) and not the rest of the names down to the Z's. So I want to filter on Motz and his name is not listed in the filter choices. No names beyond Mapps are listed. How can I get my filter choices to show all 2254 names from A-Z to show on the filter choice drop down window? Or is there a cap on how many things this little window will display? Per Excel 2002 Help: &...

Medium time text box shows year
I am working with an adp access frontend and a SQL Server backend. One of my forms uses several Medium Time fields with Input Mask: 99:00\ >LL;0;_ Default Value: #10:00:00 PM# (for example) The problem is that whenever I click on one of these fields the following year information shows, too, in addition to the time: "12/30/1899" The year information is also saved in the SQL Server table, e.g. "12/30/1899 10:00:00 PM" I only want to save the time, how do I get rid of the year? Thanks for your help. ...

Unable to set up US Version of Money 2001 in UK
I have moved to the UK and brought my set up files along with my personal files to set up on my new computer in order to reconcile all my credit cards and banks before I close the accounts (I'm Canadian but was apparently using a US version). Unfortunately, when I opened the file nothing looks normal. I have been unable to set it up on my UK computer. I have ordered the latest UK version which has not yet arrived but I wish to keep my old life separate from my new life and certainly don't want to be converting Canadian money into pounds. Can anyone help me? Is it possible t...

Time line of Email activities in CRM
Hi I normally create CRM Email in SFO client. But I think the same trouble applies to creating email from IE client as well. When I look up Activities/ History tab, I could see the emails and their subjects but no time line, so I don't know which message is the one I'm looking for, especially the ones that have been forwarded or replied a few times. The info is not available after I open the messages either. And because there seems to be no records in Outlook/Sent Items folder either, it's very difficult to look for a particular message when communicating with customers....

Tax Setting Question for Propane Distribution Company
Hi, I am working for a propane distribution company. The propane industry has a special regulations for GST and PST, that is PST is based on the quantity sold, and the PST is included together with the sales subtotal to calculate GST. For example, for a 100 litres propane sales @0.6/litre, PST will be 100*0.027(flat charge for PST), GST will be (100*0.6+100*0.027)*GST rate. How should I set up the tax schedule? Customer A might be GST and PST applicable for propane, while Cust B might be only charged with GST for propane. But both of them will be charged with GST and PST when th...

Only chart certain values
I'm trying to chart some data into a pie chart automatically once a moth or so. I just want to add the data and have the chart chart itself. The problem is that some of the data can come in with a zero value one month and other months a value above 0. For the months that it comes in as zero I don't want the chart to graph it. Is there a way to do this? Thanks jhorsley -- jhorsley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jhorsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26040 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Table Place settings design
We are having a company dinner party to say goodbye to the oldest member of company. 70 yrs old We want to print a place card with photograph and some words on it for 50 employees. Sounds like a Tent Card would meet the need. If you were using Publisher 2000 (your version may be similar) it would be, File, Page Setup Special Fold Tent Card (From the Choose a Special Fold menu) Choose an Orientation Portrait or Landscape, your preference OK If you plan to use other than 8�"x11" stock, do first, select File Print Setup Provide the stock size as you follow the Setup steps. --...

Importing Account Settings, Address Book and previously received e
I'm running a duel boot system (XP Pro and Win7) and have therefore installed Office 2007 Enterprise on each of the two bootable partitions. Up to now I have always booted up on XP to access MS Outlook, but would now like to in future use the Outlook on Win7 permanently. How do I import messages sent and received previously in Outlook on Xp into Outlook running on Win7? If the XP partition is accessible from Win7 simple Open Outlook in Win7, then File, Data File management, Add, and then navigage to the PST file on the XP partition, once thats done, in the Folder pane open th...

new mails ending up in Deleted Items automatically
One of my colleges at work is experiencing a strange problem. When he receive mails some of them ends up in Deleted Items automatically. I have checked that the build in Junkmail filter is disabled and he has now rules at all that could automove anything - as far as I can see. This happens on his computer only. Any ideas? Application: Outlook 2003 SP2 / WindowsXP SP2 Connection: Exchange 2003 _and_ 2-3 POP3 accounts (receives all mail through pop3 at the moment - we all do that by the way.) /Christian ...

Menu Bar #3
Hi is it possible to customise the menubar and get rid of all the ones thats already there ??? Many Thanks Benn -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483238 what i mean is customise the menubars only on that workbook, when the book is closed it goes back to normal. thanks -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http:...

clustered stack column charts
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? ...

Excel Pivot Chart Design
I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that change the color sceam but not the lay out(format) of the page? Anyone know if the law out and design option is available in office 07. Click any where within Pivot Table/Chart, accociated Manu Items will appear at right side on menu bar. "TAD" wrote: > I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option > for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that > change the colo...

Windows Update Always Fails
I'm trying to use Windows Update and keep getting the message: "Files required to use Microsoft Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer. To continue: Register or reinstall the files for me now (Recommended) Let me read about more steps that might be required to solve the problem" If I try to "reinstall the files" it just gives me the exact same problem over again. Please don't tell me this has something to do with anti-virus software. I'm running Symantec Endpoint Protection, I cannot turn it off because that's...

Non-default printer ends up with default printer page size, why?
Hello, I'm working on an application that uses two printers. One is the standard page printer that the user has attached, while the other is a receipt printer that takes paper 3.125 inches wide. This has caused me to notice something that I've never seen before. If one printer (e.g. page printer) is the system default printer, when I choose the other printer (receipt printer) in the printer dialog, the resulting DC has mostly correct info for the selected printer, but the printed page dimensions are those of the default printer rather than the selected printer. The LOGPIXELSX valu...

Setting time for automatic hibernation -- how?
Hi, I forgot how to set time-limits for automatic shut-down or hibernation. Hint, please :-) TIA, Richard RichardOnRails wrote: > Hi, > > I forgot how to set time-limits for automatic shut-down or > hibernation. Hint, please :-) > > TIA, > Richard desktop - properties RichardOnRails wrote: > Hi, > > I forgot how to set time-limits for automatic shut-down or > hibernation. Hint, please :-) > You can schedule the invocation of a bat file that includes: %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll SetSuspendState S4 Whic...

Active Sync Calendar Settings
I'm using the default Outlook Calendar sync settings of 2 past weeks and all future weeks. How will calendar items old than 2 weeks be deleted on the SMT5600 with this setting? I use Archive at work to delete "clean up" my Calendar. Or do folks use the sync all past and future setting? Thanks Stan2000 <Stan2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using the default Outlook Calendar sync settings of 2 past weeks > and all future weeks. How will calendar items old than 2 weeks be > deleted on the SMT5600 with this setting? I use Archive at work to > ...

customizing chart column color formats in code
I have some code that examines a set of data and generates a x1columncluster chart. Depending on the set of data, I may have any number of column clusters as a result. However, I currently format the columns manually to make certain groupings a given color and another group of columns a different color and so forth. I would like to automate this. Is there a way to go through each column like for x = 1 to numberOfColumns check group If group = 1 set color accordingly else set color differently end if Did that make sense? TIA Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditio...

How do I remove extra gridlines in a Excel 2007 Chart?
I am working on a chart in my worksheet for Excel 2007 and I want to know how I can remove extra gridlines. -- Maria A Adams Hi, Please define "Extra". In general you would right-click the axis and choose Format Axis, then on the Axis Options tab you would specify Max, Min, ... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "maria" wrote: > I am working on a chart in my worksheet for Excel 2007 and I want to know how > I can remove extra gridlines. > -- > Maria A Adams Thank you, but while I was waiting for a reply I was ...

Set report to show project name instead of its ID
I have a tblProject that contains Projects and its activities. Since each project has more than one activity, I put the activities in tblActivity, using ProjectID as a foreign key in tblActivity (ProjectID is the primary key in tblProject). I set tblActivity ProjectID field to show project name because it’s easier for me to check if the activities where assigned to the correct project reading the project name instead of its ID. I did this on tblActivity datasheet view, selecting “Lookup” sheet and creating a query on “Rowsource” field (query shows project name instead of its ID). Now I tr...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Pareto chart #3
Hi... how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? On Feb 6, 12:13 am, sekre...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi... > how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? > It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? Hi, please check online charts generator on www.qtcharts.com . there is also pareto generator gl stovar To make a pareto chart, sort your data in descending order of the numerical value (counts, instances, whatever), then make a column chart. If you want the line showing cumulative amounts, in the next column use a formula to construct a running s...