Secondary Y axis

I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Louise,

Create the chart with both series. Then select the series that needs to
appear on the secondary axis. Right click and choose Format object.
On the axis tab pick secondary.

Most chart types, with the exception of 3d styles, will allow this.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Louise" wrote:

> I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart
0
Sonal (7)

X axis displays incorrect values
Values on x axis in a chart created in Excel 2007 are incorrect. When I select a point on the graph and select "Add Data label". the data point displayed is correct. Display of values on X axis unit don't make sense! HELP Hi, Can you post examples of the data that is displayed incorrectly? Also what chart type did you use? Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "LUCY" <LUCY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834A6043-1BB1-4A52-BC20-5C6FCD638401@microsoft.com... > Values on x axis in a chart created in Ex...

How Make Y Axis Start at Other than Zero?
I have a Y axis from 0 to 300. I'd like it to be from 180 to 275. How can I do that or at least get closer to the optimal axis numbering? 180 to 300 or 175 to 300 would be OK. My data points are currently between 273.4 and 267.8. Thanks. Double click on the Y Axis and set the scale. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Tom" <TomGoogle@verizon.net> wrote in message news:1185310749.532194.120150@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have a Y axis from 0 to 300. I'd like it ...

second axis disappears on pivot chart when page field changed
Hey Peeps Wonder if any can shed some light on a work around... I create my pivot chart and all is well... I add a second axis to the pivot chart and save my work... I close the pivot chat and then re-open... I select a different value from the 'pagefield' and my second axis dissappears??? Any ideas why this happen / any suggestions / work arounds? Many thanks Paul Brown -- paulbrown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paulbrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32852 View this thread: http://www....

Second X Axis with different scale
Is there a way in Excel 2002 to have a second X axis with a different scale than the first? If not, are there any free or cheap addin that will do this? Hi, Here's an explanation of how to display the secondary x axis. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy Mike wrote: > Is there a way in Excel 2002 to have a second X axis with a different scale > than the first? If not, are there any free or cheap addin that will do this? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

it is not possible to do min and max on an axis in excel anymore,.
in previous years you could adjust the min and max in the axis scale tab on excel. The help tab (F1) suggests you can still do this but it isn't an option anymore in the scale tab. Please correct this as it is essential for those who regularily do graphs and charts. Perhaps it was forgoten when programed????? Thank you Vanessa - What kind of chart is it, and which axis are you unable to scale? What does the label say, just below the Scale tab? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ...

Best way to create a vertical line that moves when axis changes
Hi, I have many charts that I draw vertical lines on to represent goals. The horizontal axis is dates. I quite often need to extend the date axis, which means I need to redraw/move the existing lines. I'm just wondering if anyone has any magic method to create a vertical line on a particular date, so it moves as the axis is extended. I've tried using a series that goes from 0 to 10,000,000 on the date I want the vertical line, then continuing that series at 10,000,000 so it never shows up again, but there must be a better way. I'm using XL2002. Thanks! Guido - Try the suggest...

Axis labels
I created a chart in Excel 200 and I cannot read the entire axis labels. I tried to make the font smaller, but that did not work. Any ideas? ...

Adding second y-axis to OLAP pivot chart
I would like to have a chart with the following: X-axis: Week of Y-axis: Lines of Code(LOC) Second Y-axis: # of Defects When I try to add the second axis, the option is disabled. How do I create the chart using a pivot table to have two different series, in order to create a second axis, I believe this is the main problem. When I select the column for a second axis it selects all data. What am I doing wrong here? Which type of chart should I use? Right now it's a stacked column chart, but the columns are side by side and I want them as one column with two colors, then two axis. Is this p...

How draw x-y picture
Hello: My work often need to draw picture. Suppose the function y=f(x), I have already got the discrete data of x and y: x: x1, x2, ........, xn; y: y1, y2, ....., yn how to draw them in the x-y coordinates? Excel does have ' insert |chart' and be able to draw a lot of types of pictures, but I did not find the way to draw x-y line picture as x and y all designed by ourself. Hi, "Insert" --> "Chart" --> "XY-Scatter" --> select the "Chart Subtype" you want --> select "Series" Tab --> ent...

how do i label the axis?
how could i rename the numbers on the x-axis to become alphabets? Originally it was 1,2,3 and 4. How can i change it to a, b, c and d? You can do this one of two ways: 1) Have a, b, c,d in your X range and plot a LINE CHART (easy) 2) Follow the procedures in Jon Peltier's Vertical Category Axis example, but apply to X axis (more difficult) http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html Regards, Barb Reinhardt "jiji" wrote: > how could i rename the numbers on the x-axis to become alphabets? > Originally it was 1,2,3 and 4. How can i change it to a, b,...

X Axis on wrong side
I have a simple line chart. The data are all negative numbers. The X-axis category labels (the months of the year - Jan, Feb, etc.) appear along the TOP of the chart rather than the bottom. How can I move the labels to the traditional bottom of the chart. Art double click on the axis, select patterns and set tick mark labels to low "ArthurJ" wrote: > I have a simple line chart. The data are all negative numbers. The X-axis > category labels (the months of the year - Jan, Feb, etc.) appear along the > TOP of the chart rather than the bottom. How can I move the labels...

Left Justify category axis
Is there a way to left justify the category axis for a line chart so that the line starts on the far left of the chart? Thanks. Hi, Double click the Category axis and on the Scale tab uncheck Value (Y) axis crosses between categories. Cheers Andy Alex wrote: > Is there a way to left justify the category axis for a line chart so that the > line starts on the far left of the chart? Thanks. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How can I create a 3-D scatter plot with 3 axis (X, Y, and Z)
Excel cannot make 3d scatter charts, only 'Line" charts in which the values on the 3 axes are categories not true numeric values Add-ins (SigmaPlot, for example) can be used to get what you want best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "SML" <SML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:763800AF-0009-477E-9E44-773DB7A61999@microsoft.com... > Excel 2007 3D PivotChart In case you don't have $749 for SigmaPlot, here is a 3D spiral with balls. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_18_09.xlsm Hi...

Chart Y-Axis Title
My Y-Axis titles are cut-off and do not display the entire title. It does not matter what size font I use. Why is this doing this? Why? Because it is a well-known bug. We look forward to Excel 2007! It seems to be related to video since some have the problem and others do not. Add some periods (dots) to the end of the title and then format them the same colour as the background so that those without the problem will not see them best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "PelleritoConsultants" <PelleritoConsultants@discussions.micros...

Automate chart X-axis/data
I am preparing a template that will be used by many of our sites to prepare a monthly Cost of Poor Quality chart. This is a stacked bar chart that depicts the current month’s data plus the previous 12 months of data. Data is added every month and I want the chart’s X-axis will roll every month to display the current month plus the past 12 months. Any ideas how to accomplish this? Essentially, you want to show the last 13 months of data. Adapt the ideas at Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Tushar Mehta http:...

Numbering in Value (Y) Axis Scale
HELP! For two days now I've tried to figure out how to number the (Y) Axis scale. I simply want it to go from 2100 at the top and go to 1100 at the bottom. I tried going to the number and entering [=1100]"Min";[=2100]"Max" and that didn't work either. Here is a sample of what I am trying to do: Total Shipments "legend box" 2002 "legend box" 2003 "Value (Y) axis Scale" 2100 2000 1900 1800 and...

how to set x-axis starting from number 0?
Excel numbers x-axis from 1 by default. But I want to number it from 0. Do you know how to do it? Use an "X-Y (Scatter)" chart instead of a "Line" chart. The "Line" chart is misleadingly named. It has nothing to do with whether you want a line or not. A "Line" chart would be more accurately called a "category" chart, since the x-axis represents equally spaced categories (labeled 1,2,3,... by default) instead of an arithmetic scale. If you really want a non-arithmetic scale labeled with numbers starting at zero, then supply your own ...

Primary Axis(X) Formating Issue
I'm using a custom type chart (Lines on 2 Axes) and I'm using two different ranges for the Category (X) axis labels and the Second category (X) axis labels in order to display some additional information on the chart. When I say two different ranges I mean the rows are the same, but the columns are different. The problem I'm having is I want to use a custom format (dd-MMM-yy) to display the dates, but when I do so the dates have format MMM-yy-dd. The only way I can get the dates to display accurately is to use the Date format with the * (either *03/14/01 or *March 14, 20...

slope of data with the same y values
I want excel to calculate the slope of a set of data which has the same x values. For each column I should enter the syntax. Is there any way that I can write once for all columns which have the same x or y values? Hi Rosa, Not too sure I follow, however: If your X's are in column A (From Row 2 down to Row 101) and you want the SLOPE with Y's in columns B,C,D etc I think you would use SLOPE(B$2:B$101,$A$2:$A$101) then fill across to apply the same formula to the other columns of Y values with the same X values in column A. Or, apply a Name to the data column you want to repeatedly u...

Offset secondary axis
Hi all.. 1. How do I move secondary axis so that it'll be displayed together with the primary axis? 2. Is it possible to offset secondary axis so that it seems to be continuing from primary axis? the reason is because i'm plotting a value for 'H/D' which goes from 0 to infinity,.. but I'll break it at 'H/D'=5, and start with its reciprocal 'D/H'.. so the H/D = 5 equals to D/H = 0.2 and H/D = infinity equals to D/H = 0 pls kindly help... or any other suggestion... Grayfox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted ...

column chart secondary axis
I have created a column chart in 2003 and added a secondary axis for 1 data series. The data series in now overlappd on top of the other columns. is there any way to display them side by side again? i have tried changing the gap and overlap setting but nothing happens. Any help would be gratefully received Thanks Diane Are yoiu talking about Excel or Word? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dianeg" <Dianeg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72863394-BD28-4A94...

switch x and y axis in chart
In excel 2003, is it possible to display my chart so the x, or category, data goes up vertically and the y, variable data, goes horizontal. In other words, I want to display the x axis and y axis in each other's place, switched with eachother. If it's a column chart, you could use a bar chart instead. For a line chart, Jon Peltier has instructions here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html goudenwillem wrote: > In excel 2003, is it possible to display my chart so the x, or category, data > goes up vertically and the y, variable data, goes horizon...

Hide Y axis
Dear all there is anyway that i can make a chart to have the y axis but for presantation reason i want to make y axis not to appear, or make it white. If it's not cal i hide the values of Y axis, either disappear them or change the colour in order not to print? Thanks in advance Manos Right-click on the Y axis, and choose Format Axis On the Patterns tab, set all the options to None, click OK Manos wrote: > Dear all > there is anyway that i can make a chart to have the y axis > but for presantation reason i want to make y axis not to > appear, or make it white. If it&#...

Chart x-axis and name problem
I have a quite complex workbook in Excel 2007 with several charts, including a xy scatter chart with 3 series. The number of points plotted has been gradually increasing, and when it exceeded 185 on each series, the x-axis (which is set to Auto for the minimum) suddenly switched to displaying 0 as the minimum point, thus pushing the plotted area to the right of the chart. I verified that if I exclude either the first or last point on the series, the display is OK. At the same time, all charts sheets lost their names, and became chart1, chart2, chart3. Renaming them appeared to work, bu...

VBA code to chaneg axis text on a chart?
I've tried this but it doesn't work: .Axes(xlValue).AxisTitle.Text = "EE" Thanks in advance to whomever can help! Hi, These work for me, activechart.Axes(xlcategory,xlPrimary).hastitle=true activechart.Axes(xlcategory,xlPrimary).axistitle.text="Category Axis" activechart.Axes(xlvalue,xlPrimary).hastitle=true activechart.Axes(xlValue,xlPrimary).axistitle.text="Value Axis" What exactly does 'doesn't work' mean. Do you get an error message? Cheers Andy On 24/03/2010 20:35, Newbie wrote: > I've tried this but ...