Secondary Y axis and more with Pivot charts...

Hi,

Is it possible to use secondary axis in a pivot chart? I want to use
secondary axis to create some milestones in my chart (something changed in
week x, for example)

I created a pivot table based on data with a weeknumber.
Now there are weeks with no data that are not displayed. Is it possible to
display weeknumbers on X-axis without any data?
In my chart numbering is like: wk 52, 2,3,4,5,6,8 and it should be wk
52,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

0
74.stefan (1)

You can plot any of the series in a pivot chart on the secondary axis, by
double clicking on the series and choosing Secondary on the Axis tab. You
can't add a series to the pivot chart, and showing milestones generally
requires an added series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"SGS" <74.stefan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use secondary axis in a pivot chart? I want to use
> secondary axis to create some milestones in my chart (something changed in
> week x, for example)
>
> I created a pivot table based on data with a weeknumber.
> Now there are weeks with no data that are not displayed. Is it possible to
> display weeknumbers on X-axis without any data?
> In my chart numbering is like: wk 52, 2,3,4,5,6,8 and it should be wk
> 52,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Stefan

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

X axis lables on a + and
I have a line graph which has both positive and negative numbers. The problem is that I want to show the X axis labels on the graph but the labels get thrown in the middle of the graph on the zero line and I want them on the bottom, is there anyway I can do this (I'm sure there is!) For example if I have profit by month for 12 months I would have 01 100K 02 -500K 03 250K 04 100K 05 -100K etc... And If I wanted to graph that I should show the 01, 02,03 at the very bottom of the graph, not in the middle. Thanks in advance! Chad - Double click on the axis, and on the Patterns tab, sel...

How to write a macro to modify an Excel chart
I want to "record" a macro that, for example, changes the line styles on an Excel chart. I tried by selecting the chart, then clicking on "record macro", manually changing the line style, and then clicking on "stop recording". But then when I tried to use the macro it wouldn't do anything. When I edited the macro there was no code, just the comment lines giving the shortcut. Is it possible to use the "record" feature for macros that work with charts, or must one start with the VB editor? Thanks, Henry -- leave well enough alone Hi, Here ...

How do I create a gnatt chart in Excell
I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis. Gantt Charts in Microsoft Excel http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E570B3-17C1-4F59-AF8F-F781262890F8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis. ...

Plotting a datapoint on an existing Line chart
Hi all. I have a line chart, for the sake of simplicity, lets say th line chart depicts the garph of y = x. What I need to do now is displa a particular point on this line, lets says (2,2). How can I add thi point so that I lies on the line chart? Also, what I would like to d is have a horizontal line connecting the point to the y-axis and vertical line connecting to the x-axis. On top of that, the vertica line from the x-axis will have the corresponding x value of the poin (2) displayed and the vertical line will display the corresponding value (also 2). The additional complexity is that t...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...

functions in charts
Is it possible to enter a user-defined function (that returns an array) for values in a chart instead of specifying a range in the worksheet? Joe - You can specify a named range, with the formula built in. See the Dynamic Chart examples and links on my web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html A good example of a formula in a named range can be found on Stephen Bullen's site: http://bmsltd.co.uk Look for the ChtFmla.xls example. Tushar mehta has a similar example on his site: http://tushar-mehta.com In VBA it's possible to assign an a...

Help pulling data from pivot table for calculation
I wanted to find out if there was anybody out there who could help. I attached a copy of a pivot table. This is just one of many files and the actuals column (highlighted) is no a constant. I wanted to find out if there was any way to do a search for any actuals columns and pull and total the data for other calculations. I know this can be done but still a newbie to VB and can not figure it out on my own. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Actuals.doc | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment....

inverting the y axis
Is there any way that I can plot a line chart of accidents per month, with the y axis going from 20 UP to zero, instead of the normal zero to 20 ? thanks in advance, Bob -- bob777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=508937 Hi, Rightclick on the y axis --> "Format Axis" --> select "Scale" Tab and check "Values in reverse order" --> "OK" Regard...

Can I use the old 2003 pivot tables in excel 2007?
I'm currently using excel 2007 but prefer the interface/feel/look of 2003 pivot tables? is there a way i can still use the 2003 pivot tables in 2007 excel? thanks! ...

How do I make a pie chart with 42 answers that shows % each out of
I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one answer. So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible? Please give us more details, -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "brmg" wrote: > I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one > answer. So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible? ...

Autoshapes within a chart
I want to place a transparent box behind the bars of a bar chart to denote a highlighted section of a timespan. I can get the transparent autoshape in the chart but I can't get it to move behind the bars. Can anybody help? Many thanks Renee Hi Renee, I don't think you will be able to do that. Instead have a look at Jon's example of quadrent area. You should be able to adapt this technique to give you a highlighted section. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html) Renee wrote: > I want to place a transparent box behind the bars of...

how to copy sheet with charts without link to original data
I have a worksheet with ten charts on it. I need to copy the worksheet with all its data and related charts to new sheets or files so I have a page for every day, with different data entered every day. But when I copy the worksheet with embedded charts and paste it into a new file, the charts pull their source data from the original worksheet, not the new one. The source data Value box is written as such, ='03-09-10'!$D$12 any ideas? Hi Esty, Probably wont help you, but I had similar problem, I posted few days ago. Didn't resolved it yet, but Jon suggested ...

Help with pivot
I have this strSQL = strSQL & " Pivot [Sales Analysis].[Quarter] In (1,2,3,4)" with text box named 1,2,3,4 and then i have this strSQL1 = strSQL1 & " Pivot [1a11f raw].[Quarterly] in (1f,2f,3f,4f)" with text box name 1f,2f,3f,4f, why doesn't that second part work?? 1,2,3,4 are number values and don't require text delimiters. 1f,2f etc are text values and require text delimiters. " Pivot [1a11f raw].[Quarterly] in ('1f','2f','3f','4f')" John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 T...

Chart/Graph colours
My graph colours have all changed to a wishy washy mix of the same colour. I know updates happen on a regular basis, but how can I get back to selecting nice bold colours for my charts without having to revert to selecting each data series and recolouring them individually. Hi Try to reset the colour pallette Tools > Options > Select "Colour" Tab > Reset Regards Rajesh Mehmi rajesh@mehmi.net "redford01" <redford01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A782B3F1-D58C-4953-BEE0-9A66CC20FDD5@microsoft.com... > My graph colours have all cha...

Access 2003 does not display pivot table view
When I am viewing a query in Access 2003 and I try to change the view to Pivot Table the system just hangs, I do not get any error message. I have tried opening the mdb file on another computer and was able to switch to Pivot table view fine, so I do not think my file is corrupt. Any ideas? Thank you I get the same problem in Access 2007 "seamonik@gmail.com" wrote: > When I am viewing a query in Access 2003 and I try to change the view > to Pivot Table the system just hangs, I do not get any error message. > I have tried opening the mdb file on another computer and was a...

Can't edit charts
For some reason, I can't edit any of the charts in an Excel 2007 file. I can't left-click or righ-click. Is the file "shared"? Are sheet grouped together? Have the sheets or charts been protected? Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Anawynn" <Anawynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB71D11-1CE5-4175-B4FF-BD9292C187A3@microsof...

How Do I Chart This in Microsoft Access?
Hello, I have the following simple data: Company Monthly Sales Percentage OF Total Sales ------------- -------------------- ---------------------------------------- Bakery $50,000 0.50 Carpenter $25,000 0.25 Plumber $25,000 0.25 I would like to create some sort of a graph or chart in Microsoft Access that will show all three fields. When I try to create a pie chart or column chart it just gives me either the "company and t...

How to enlarge chart size for viewing?
I have some charts that I created on a sheet itself. However, the chart did not occupy the whole sheet instead only a small portion in the centre which is abit too small to view. How can I resize it? If you move the cursor over one of the square black blocks on a side, or in a corner, of the chart, the cursor will turn to a resizing arrow. -- David Biddulph "GOH" <GOH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:154DCB76-95A3-4ADE-9AB9-AA8E3AAA3BD6@microsoft.com... >I have some charts that I created on a sheet itself. However, the chart did > not occupy the whol...

Efficient Chart Macro
I am using the below procedure (copy from Record Macro) to generate 1 graphs, each graph has 4 rows X 50 columns, by supplying ranges o data. In my opinion, the code is not very efficient because it take quite wait to plot and during the process of plotting a chart, it redraws th chart many times. Is there any codes that I can be omitted or rearranged to make it plo faster? Appreciate your help. Sub PlotProgressCurve(pSect As String, pRangeDate As String, pRangeN As String) Dim tRangeDate, tRangeNo As String Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLineMarkers ActiveChart.SetSourceData S...

Changing formatting on bar charts
I have a bar chart that shows turn around times for various jobs our group has in process. The chart shows the customer name @ the bottom, # of days up the side then the bars are for all the jobs each customer has. Here are my problems/things I want to change: 1) the spacing for each customer is equal whether they have 1 job or 10, can that be adjusted as needed? 2) My bars are so narrow that you can barely see the color because of the customer spacing issue mentioned above(I assume). How can I change the width of these bars? ...

charting a project overview
Is there a simple way to build a chart to show a overview of multiple projects including their milestones. For example I have Project A, B, C. Each project has milestones 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 each with start and end dates. I would like to chart these projects where each project has a bar (or set of bars) and each milestone has a subbar (assuming no overlap). The x axis would be the dates. for example: My Projects: Project1 (show bar of milestone1) (bar of milestone2) (bar of milestone 3) .... project2 (show bar of milestone1) (bar of milestone2) (bar of milestone 3) .. project3 (s...

x-axis auto-fit the contents
graphical format on the x-axis is the alignment buttons, pressing the button than content to select the option to auto-fit, but not select (The button no active) so the x-axis on the writings mixed. ...

Importing data from Access and creating statistics and a pie chart
I have an Access database field that contains the name of a part, which is one of 93 parts. I want to be able to import this data to Excel so that I can statistically show the numbers of each type of part sold within a specific time frame. For instance, we sold 25 widgets last quarter which is a 15% increase over the previous quarter. The imported data would be broken down by part name, and then converted to a pie chart. I think I know how to limit the time frame in Access, but am lost when it comes to importing the data and generating the statistics in Excel and creating the pie char...

Plot R-Theta [angle (0~360 degrees) and amplitude] chart in Excel
How do you plot an R-Theta chart in Excel, i.e. a circular chart with the independent axis (angle) in degrees from 0 to 360 degrees and amplitude as the radial distance from the center point? In article <CE5D63AB-12A3-4042-928A-6D6C7CA8DBFE@microsoft.com>, Wes12 @discussions.microsoft.com says... > How do you plot an R-Theta chart in Excel, i.e. a circular chart with the > independent axis (angle) in degrees from 0 to 360 degrees and amplitude as > the radial distance from the center point? > You have to convert the data to (x,y) with the formulas x=r*cost(theta) and y...

pivot chart/table
Using the same source date, how can I create a pivot table and a pivot chart on the same worksheet See the post above -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany pfc wrote: > Using the same source date, how can I create a pivot table > and a pivot chart on the same worksheet ...