Secondary Y axis #2

I created a chart with 2 axes: left axis is a line chart and right axis is a
bar chart.  Both series have both positive and negative numbers.  Problem is
that both have their origin at 0 on the scale, but the 0 on the left axis is
slightly higher than the zero on the right axis.  Any ideas?
0
chadmh (2)

Hi,

Have a look at,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"chadmh" <chadmh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a chart with 2 axes: left axis is a line chart and right axis is
> bar chart.  Both series have both positive and negative numbers.  Problem
> is
> that both have their origin at 0 on the scale, but the 0 on the left axis
> is
> slightly higher than the zero on the right axis.  Any ideas?

0
andy9699 (3616)
12/6/2007 5:15:18 PM
Beautiful. I ended up just doing the seventh grade algebra instead of using
the macro, but it worked great. Thanks.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have a look at,
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "chadmh" <chadmh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a chart with 2 axes: left axis is a line chart and right axis is
> > bar chart.  Both series have both positive and negative numbers.  Problem
> > is
> > that both have their origin at 0 on the scale, but the 0 on the left axis
> > is
> > slightly higher than the zero on the right axis.  Any ideas?

0
chadmh (2)

How can I do this? #2
I'm sure someone has done this with Excel before but I can't find anything on it. I have a wooksheet that has the powerball numbers from 1992 to present, each number has it's own column. I want to find a formula of some kind that will tell me what number comes up the most often in each column, also as I add more numbers to my worksheet I would like it to update. I'd like the results of each column to be in the first cell in each column. Thanks in advance There are more elegant ways, but I would just do a count of all column if it contains a 1,2,3 to 9 =COUNTIF(B:D...

Simple question #2
Being new to Excell I am trying to transfer a range of e mail address from Excell to M/Soft Outlook address book I have tried to name my list of selections but not having any luck at transferring after going through the normal Import from another programme etc, process I get an error message telling me to name the selection. Still no luck after quite a few attempts where am I going wrong? any help most welcome I think this is an Outlook question, (microsoft.public.outlook), because if I remember, there are some caveats in the way the data is mapped in . . .but in Outlook, under File,...

IT CertificationzzzZ.....100% GUARANTEED PASS.......!!!@!!! #2
IT CertificationzzzZ.....100% GUARANTEED PASS.......!!!@!!! Hi guys, If you are serious about your professional career and pass IT Certification exam in first attempt then Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com and get latest Questions And Answers Dumps for Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, CompTIA and many more, i have used and found it very helpful. ...

Send/Receive Problem #2
When sending mail in Outlook 2002, it is not automatically sent out, not do I automatically receive mail. Where is the auto send/receive option located? Thanks in advance for any help. Dotti Tools->Send/Receive->Send Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive groups. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dotti <dottib@iohi.com> asked: | When sending mail in Outlook 2002, it is not | automatically sent out, not do I automatically receive | mail. Where is the au...

Error 3464 Data type mismatch in criteria expression for between 2 dates look up
I am receiving a Runtime Error 3464 Data type mismatch in criteria expression. This form worked prior and now does not work. Below is the code. During Debugging the (DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , strWhere) is highlighted. Please Help. Private Sub btn_UpdatedReportBuild_Click() Dim strReport As String 'Name of report to Open. Dim strField As String 'Name of date field. Dim strWhere As String 'Where condition for OpenReport. Const conDateFormat = "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#" strReport = "rptCourses" strField = "tblcourse.Dat...

Spell check on a protected sheet #2
Hi I think I've fixed it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() CommandButton1.TakeFocusOnClick = False ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="password" Cells.CheckSpelling MsgBox "Spell check complete. Press OK to continue" ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password" End Sub I added the Message Box as if there are no spelling issues on the shee the users sees nothing happening when they press the button an naturally assumes its not worked. Thanks again for all your help Jon : -- jontai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jonta...

checks cut on the fly #2
Hello: Great Plains needs to have the Detailed Trial Balance and SmartList Builder be able to pull in the check number for checks cut on the fly. This sort of enhancement really needs to be in the system. You see, the whole concept of checks cut on the fly eludes both the trial balance and even SmartList Builder. The reason for this is becuase checks cut on the fly area part of the PMTRX source document rather than the PMCHK source document that is reserved only for checks that are cut in a computer check run. Therefore, both types of checks are in separate tables and the table link...

Move mailbox problem #2
Hi We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile. They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete it or should I do something else? Cheers Mike "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have >one mb w...

2 Questions about Excel Charts
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third column, I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these states on the chart (without manually entering each)? 2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number (without switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA for a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for discrete numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How do I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart? Thank you...

Hide unhide sheets #2
Thanks Martin it works great ...

One-to-many relationship/mapping in CRM 1.2
Hello, I have a CRM 1.2 deployment (soon to be v 3.0) that I need to update with some custom fields. I have these two fields in "Opportunity" that pull from the same "Account" field (accountid). I cannot seem to be able to pick the accountid field for a second mapping. Does that mean 1:M mapping is not available in version 1.2, or am I missing something? Thanks, Nayden The mapping feature does not allow the same source field to populate multiple fields on the destination. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Nayden" <Nayden@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

how to converts a number to text eg. "2" become "two" #2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 many excel utilities from third parties have this built in http://xcell05.free.fr/ Morefunc for instance, see above link -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions Portland, Oregon "CQ" <CQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03EC3E12-2919-4F4F-9D6B-101F7C095860@microsoft.com... > ...

Rule to filter mails from same exchange server #2
Hi All, In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the messages if the sender's address contains our domain name. But that doesn't work...may be bz, if the msg is from same exchange server, it won't include the domain name part in the sender's id. Pls help. Rgds SR sajirochira@gmail.com <sajirochira@gmail.com> wrote: > In the outlook 2000, how we can create a rule to move messages from > same exchange server to another folder? I created a rule to move the > messages if ...

Dynamics GP Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista
I have problem installing the service pack 2 of dynamics gp 9 on Windows Vista. The error is in spanish, but it say something like that "the Microsoft installation dynamics gp finalize before time. Make click in finalizing to leave the installation"...Does anybody can help me to solve this problem please... ...

Secondary protection DPM 2007 11-12-09
Hi I have a primary and a secondary DPM server. All my 19 protected servers on my primary DPM server is backed up ok. When I try to enable secondary protection it goes ok on 17 server of those 19. There are two servers that I can't enable secondary protection. I get the following error code: DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from <Server name> Ensure that the Windows Management Information (WMI) service NO_PARAM is started and is accessible from the DPM server. ID: 346 The error code isn't published on TechNet so this makes it more ...

PIVOT TABLE FORMATTING #2
If I have a pivot table with the following info: County, date, and lot #'s sold by county; how can i sort this horizontally so that the counties go across the top and under each county it sums up the number of lots? Hi, Put the Country field into the Column area. Do you really want to sum lot numbers or do you want to count lot number? To count or sum them they would be put in the Data area. Hope this helps because we don't have much to go on. If it does please click the Yes button. If not give us more details. What else is on your pivot table, are you counting, summing ...

Total a column from sheet 2 based on value in sheet 1
Col B Col C Col F Mary Team 1 $331.00 George Team 1 $222.00 Sam Team 2 $186.00 Tom Team 2 $100.00 Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a summary of what each team raised. I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get just a dash in my total col. Can anyone provide some help? Thanks Look in HELP for the SUMIF() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Nee...

Name Box #2
Hi Everybody How do you create Hidden Names for ranges? I would like to name a range of cells and not have the name appear in the drop down Name box, but be able to refer to it in VBA code. I am using Excel 2002 Many thanks Hi PraxisPete, Try something like: '=============>> Public Sub Tester03() With ActiveWorkbook .Names.Add "Test", _ RefersTo:=.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), _ Visible:=False End With End Sub '<<============= --- Regards, Norman "PraxisPete" <PraxisPete@discussions.micr...

Exchange Server Recovery #2
We are planning on building a 2 server exchange site on e2k3 enterprise. We would like to use each server as the recovery server in case the other becomes unavailable. We are lookng at using VSS to replicate the stores between each server. If one of the servers becomes unavailable what is the easiest method to get the information store going on the other considering that AD will be intact and the other server is in the same admin group. I have read some material on RSG's and dial tone databases but it does not seem to directly address our objective. Michael, Look into Active/Ac...

convert 1.2 miles to meters
can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles? You can check out the Convert() function in the Help files. =CONVERT(1.2,"mi","m") Ans. = 1931.213 -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "crlathem" <crlathem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC7F92-19E9-4D70-A3A3-A5CAA918C6DB@microsoft.com... > can somebody tell me how many meters a...

outlook run 2 copies
can I install and run to copies of outlook for 2 diffrent users and could they have both of them open at the same time Nope, you can only have one profile opened at a time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869a01c3e90d$ab38aa10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > can I install and run to copies of o...

Calendar: print Daily style, 2 pages/day, no TaskPad, no Notes
Hello -- The Notes component of the Daily format still prints, even after I uncheck the Notes area box. The setting for Layout: 2 pages/day does not work. I tried setting up a printer to print 2 pages / landscape page and that did not work either. Can anyone suggest what I can do to have 2 consecutive days print side-by-side on an 8.5" x 11" landscape page? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl ...

Column Graphs #2
I am having trouble with the scaling of my X axis (catagory axis) for a column chart that I have created. It is a series of numbers from 0 to 55. I need the graph to have a linear scale at the bottom and the columns to be distributed accordingly. Any suggestions? Thanks What data are you using for your X values? A column chart does not have a numerical axis. The axis is comprised of a set of labels, or placeholders. Do you need columns, or would another chart type do? Information on chart types and axis types: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CatVsValueAxis.html http://pu...

We can drag and drop between 2 buttons
Hi all we can drag and drop between 2 butons. My requirement is when user drag from a button, we will restore some info in some place, then user drop to another button. And we can get that restored info to process. It can ? Please help me. Thanks very much. Whats the problem if you are able to drag and drop? All you need to do is handle OnDrop, as you appear to be doing and do the specific work there. Perhaps I am missing something. --- Ajay "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ehzA7QgPIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > ...