Secondary axis help

Hi everyone,

I am having some difficulty in Excel 2007 Charting. I have a stacked
bar chart that I would like to add a horizontal secondary axis on. How
do I do this? I'm trying to do what the Help says but there is
something that I am not getting.

1. I click on the Chart and select the Format Tab
2. In the Current Selection section, there is a Chart Elements drop
down and I select Horizontal (Category) axis.
3. I go to my sheet that has the data for the chart and I select the
data range that I want per the instructions.

I'm lost after this.
0
EAB1977

Hi,

well, the Help says this, actually:

"After you add a secondary vertical axis to a chart, you can also add a
secondary horizontal (category) axis, which may be useful in an xy
(scatter) chart or bubble chart."

So, first you need to add a secondary _vertical_ (Y) axis, by selecting
a data series and set it to plot on the secondary Y axis.

After that, click on the Layout tab in the Chart Tool, _not_ the Format
tab! - then the Axes drop down, where you will now find the commands to
display the secondary horizontal axis.

hth

teylyn

--
teylyn

Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
teylyn's Profile: 983
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=164191

teylyn

Unable to access outlook
I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contact info is detrumental to me as well as my Calendar...

Ordering to Lowest Cost Vendor
GP 8.0, SQL Hi, we are a retailer with two sites under one company. Each site has it's own vendors. We want to use Purchase Order Generator to order from the site-specific vendor with the lowest cost. I tried changing the items so that PO Generator orders using vendor with lowest cost. However, this selects the lowest cost vendor among all the vendors for an item, and there doesn't appear to be a way to designate a vendor as site specific (other than using a naming convention which we have done). Here's the problem: We are a two-store retail chain set up under a single com...

File combination help~!
some rules about combining data in my mind'eye are below,because Englis isn't my native language,if you feel puzzle about something inside,o something incorrect,please make me know. 1.From the steps above,we have uniformed all the data files we hav collected in a given market,into a given formation,and we put them in a forlder together. 2.Assuming that we have three data files,which are name file1,file2,and file3. 3.each raw of data(raw-data for short) is composed of seve data:date(D),Open price(O),high price (H),low price(L),close price(C),volumn(V),open interest(OI),an tag...

Exchange 2000 highjacked Please help
Hi, we use exchange 2000. The serveris not a open realy server and asks for authentication. The problem: 1. I see tons of ques in the SMTP with messages that do not belong to us. 2. In the current sessions I saw a user wchish does not exist in our AD!! I know it sounds crazy but thats a fact. i disconnected him (or her). SMTP and IMAP have diagnostic logging switched on but I dont see this user in events logs or in security logs. I am confused and defeated. All and any help is heighly appreciated. Tarak Look at the queues and see if the messages all have a orignator of Administrator...

Send As Help
Hello, I'm trying to create an account that I can send email from, but can't recieve email. This account is for my companies newsletter. I want to be able to send as this user. Exchange 2003, outlook11 Thanks Note. I have given myself permission in AD to send as this user. Define "can't receive". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <zylinius1983@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156539402.100825.70910@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'm trying to create an account that I can...

solver help
Hi, I recently started using excel solver. Apparently solver works perfectly and just stops solving all of a sudden as I make the problem a little bit more complex. The problem it selve is very basic allocation amounts in asset classes based on returns. It intially does this but if add sub totals it stops. Hope i can get some help. Taha On May 24, 9:12=A0am, Taha Ahmed <tahaahme...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I recently started using excel solver. Apparently solver > works perfectly and just stops solving all of a sudden > as I make the problem a little bit more complex. [....]...

formula help #44
Good day, I am a lecturer and would like help with the following problem : I have 10 students in a classs and the pass mark is 50% I want to determine the no failed i.e how many students got below 50% Test Marks stud 1 65 stud 2 50 stud 3 23 stud 4 90 stud 5 15 stud 6 88 stud 7 35 stud 8 44 stud 9 39 stud 10 95 no failed 5 how can this be done?Is there a function I can use? Thanking you Cheers =COUNTIF(B:B,"<" & 50) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200787 Unless there i...

Outlook Help needed. DESPERATELY
I need some help with my new office 2003. I just bought my software a few days back. And I have some problems with it. Firstly, before using outlook. I was using Incredimail. And before I reformat my computer for a fresh setup. I save the e-mails under .eml files. Is there any way I can put those e-mails into outlook inbox folders? Secondly, I have a MSN and Hotmail account. But I have problems trying to retrieve mails from the account using Outlook although it does offer this options. It will always show this. Task' 'MSN:Folder:Inbox synchronizing headers.' reported e...

Lost of 10 hours work on a visio drawing... Please Help
Hy Following the abrupt switch off of my Lap top I cannot open any more a Visio 2000 drawing (the file .vsd is around 1.3MB)... The error message I got while trying to open is: " An error (100) occured during the action Open Save File" " Visio cannot open the file because it is not a Visio file" Do you know some tools that could help me recovering parts of this damage visio file? Thanks for your hep Alain79 Sorry, error 100 is fatal. The only way to minimize it's effect is by the use of backups or upgrading. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? ht...

help needed CEditView
hi all I am using CEditView in my project. By default user can modify the text inside CEditView. How can i prevent user from modifying the text inside CEditView. But user should be able to copy the content inside CEditView. but user should not be able to paste the content inside CEditView. Hw can i do al l these things. is there any other view class avaiable with these features thanks in advance with regards Harish hi I got it with regards Harish "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message news:ufWffou8DHA.1112@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi all > > I ...

Exchange Error - Need HELP
Hello, Over the weekend I created two new mailboxed in my Exchange 2003 as part of my SBS2003. When trying to connec to the mailboxes from Outlook 2003, I was getting all kinds of strange errors such as "unable to conenct with exchange server". I went and checked on the properties of the new users and when I go to the "Properties" then the "Exchange Advanced" tab, then the "Mailbox Rights" I get: "The operation could not be completed because the store is not mounted" ID no: c1041732 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension The we...

Help - can't import Word documents
I am an editor of an elementary school newsletter for PSO (like PTA). This software is so hard to figure out! People have been trained to send me articles in Word, but I can't take the articles and place them exactly like they should be (formatting and all) into Publisher. Some articles need to be exactly as they are, not put into the format of Publisher I am very freustrated with this Publisher software and am thinking that I just wasted $160.00 for nothing. Will I have to eat crow and go back to Word??? > I am an editor of an elementary school newsletter for PSO > (l...

Switch X & Y axis' when both data columns are dates (target/actual
I am plotting Target vs Actual completion dates for a project management S-Curve, using Excel. Since both data columns are "dates", Excel wants to use "dates" on the Value Axis (Y), while putting the Task #s on the X axis. How do I switch axis' so that time runs horizontally on the X axis, with the Task #s on the Y? Thanks Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab: change what's in the edit boxes for X and Y. You could try this utility: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#SwitchXY - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cust...

Help: How to make the line changes default
I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default for a style? I want to use a thick red line to underline passages and keep it that way always. Thanks, s Don't have the beta here right now but I think you can set the line and then right click > set line default -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "sam" wrote: > I am using 2010 beta. How do I made my line changes the default > for a style? I want to use a thick red line t...

Formula help #4
Hi all How can I express this as a formula: In J3: If any cell in the range C5:H5 contains "a", then J3 contains "a" Cells C5:H5 contain only "a", or are blank. Many thanks George George, In cell J3: =IF(COUNTIF(C5:H5,"a")>0,"a","") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "George Gee" <george.nomaps@ntlworld.xom> wrote in message news:%23LTdfbcHFHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > How can I express this as a formula: > > In J3: > > If any cell in the range C5:H5 contains "a", t...

Need help on this formula! #2
thanks for all the replies. It worked thanks again -- olimits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- olimits7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27365 ...

Help! Bullen's Scroll/Zoom chart
Hello - I was lucky enough to run across Stephen Bullen's Scroll/Zoom a chart (found here: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/FunChrt7.zip) -- it's almost exactly what I need. However, I'm hoping that someone can help me modify this chart to really get me where I want to be ... The charting technique that Stephen has allows users to Zoom/Scroll through a lengthy set of data -- the data is setup so that one column contains labels and one contains data, using OFFSET formulas to control the Zoom/Sroll feature. What I want to do is have SEVERAL columns make up my horizontal axis labels! ...

Help with setting up spreadsheet and charts please
Hi, I would be extremely grateful for some help with my spreadsheet. I have the following data which I need to use to produce charts for a hospital report fairly urgently. The rows are the names of patients. This could be up to 200 for each month, but this varies from month to month. I will have each month on a different worksheet. Column F - Ward Column G - Hospital Column K - I have a number 1 in the row if the patient meets the criteria I need to produce a chart(s) to show and compare the following: How many patients from each ward met the criteria (as indicated by 1 in column K) a...

different x axis lables
OK, I will attempt to draw my chart here in ASCII... I want to chart survey responses. I have calculated average responses. I am thinking horizontal bar chart but will consider other options Q1Negative ------------- Q1Positive Q2Negative -------- Q2Positive Q3Negative --- Q3Positive Q4Negative ----------- Q4Positive 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 what would also be nice is Q1Negative 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 Q1Positive Q2Negative 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 Q2Positive Q3Negative 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 7 Q3Positive Q4Negat...

need help #11
i was woundering if you could help me with something. I am attaching a file i had created for my league. My problem i have is for my pool league we calculate handicaps by taking the last 3 times a player shot what we do is take the total innings subtract the total safetys and divide it by the total games won. that giives a decmial point and the refer to a chart for a number. Is there a way so that i can enter the information for each week in the color part of the spreadsheet and excel look at the week they shot and the last 2? Now each player doesent shoot every week, its common for a player...

need Exchange policy advice, EDB help
My Exchange 2000 server is in use by ~35 people. I have never established spool limits and I have 6-7 people that are in the 1.5GB - 2.5GB range. My EDB is ~13GB and my stream (stm) file is ~8GB. My clients use a mix of OL2000, XP, 2003. My issues are two-fold: No space to defrag/compress: I believe there is a 16GB limit on the EDB file, IIRC. I want to offline defrag, but my EDB is on a 33GB drive (w/22GB used) and there are no other attached drives. I know I have a gig or two of whitespace in my EDB at least (source: 1221). I do not have the required 110% of the EDB size in HDD space...

Excel 2007 Help Files with Office 2003 also installed
When I click the help button, it gives the message "The Setup controller has encountered a problem during install. Please review the log files for further information on the error." Next, it shows an installer before it gives the message "There are no help topics available that match your request." I have done an online search and found other users have this same problem, but noone has a solution. Here is one I found: http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/microsoft-office/49899-unable-access-help-office-2007-a.html Thanks in advance for any help ...

y-axis auto range based on data limits
I have a spread sheet with numerous charts. I need the y axis on the charts to set the minimum appoximately 20% below the lowest data point and set the maximum appoximately 20% above the highest data point. The major unit should be set at appoximately 10% of the entire range of data. The spreadsheets are templates and will have a wide variety data placed into the cells. Calculate the appropriate values in some cells. Use this technique to apply the calculated values to the chart's axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Tab Control HTML Help issue
I've got a FormView that uses a CTabCtrl derived class to display some dialogs. Whenever I hit the F1 key on the top window it works fine. If I go to the 2nd or further tab, I get the "HtmlHelp: >pszHelpFile = 'c:\wspace\Projects\MDAF\Code\MDAF\MDAE\Debug\MDAE.CHM', >dwData: $2006d, fuCommand: 15." Error. Anywhere else in the application, it works fine. Once I click on the 2nd tab or further once, I can't do it agian. If I click on the actual tab twice and set focus to the tab, I am able to get help to pop up. I set a break point in the OnHelpInfo ove...

SQL-DMO Error
I'm using MS Office 2007 Enterprise on Win XP Pro with all available updates. I can open and work with databases that I've created without any apparent problem, but when I try to download and open one of the templates, I receive the following message: "SQL Distributed Management Objects (SQL-DMO) must be on the machine running Microsoft Office Access." I close that and that's the end of it. I'm guessing a corruption or something with permissions (this is out of my knowledge range), because previously I was able to open and use these templates without any probl...