secondary axis chart #2

I have a line chart for which I have developed several point to point trend
lines which I would like to overlay on the original line chart. The points
are represented in four sets of series as follows:
                Date1  Value1          Daten     Valuen             Datez
 Valuez
                Date2  Value2          Daten+1 Valuen+1          Datez+1
Valuez+1

                Date3  Value3          etc.                               etc.
                Date4  Value4

                 etc.

I tried to set each of the sets up as scatter charts specifying the primary
x axis.  That is strictly hang time.  I tried to set up each pair of points
as separate series(that amounts to thirty of forty separate series).  I
achieved the overlay but if I change the data(not the limits but the data
itself) I again hang; I suppose because the calculations that modify the
trend dates change the limits on those series.  I left spaces between the
trends points because I don't want them connected.  Any suggestions?

GeneS
0
Gene8063 (28)

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

Secondary Y axis
I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart Hi Louise, Create the chart with both series. Then select the series that needs to appear on the secondary axis. Right click and choose Format object. On the axis tab pick secondary. Most chart types, with the exception of 3d styles, will allow this. Cheers Andy Louise wrote: > I need to create a chart with a secondary Y axis to compare two different values on one chart -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks Andy, you helped me too with that one! "Louis...

missing public folder #2
For some reason completely unknown to me, many of the public folders dissappeared from the M drive and are no longer accessible from the Outlook clients. On the other hand, when I look at the Exchange administration program the folders are all there and the permissions seem correct. Is there any way of getting these back without doing a complete system/Exchange restore? Sounds like Joe has exactly the same problem I am describing. I did look at the EMS and all of the folders are indicated and the permissions are correct. No one touched these things. Still they do not appear on the M drive a...

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

Stacked Line Chart
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines? Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to the previous total, so if the value of the third it...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How do I create an area and line combination chart?
I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? Hi, Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own. Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type to select the required Area chart type. Cheers Andy Nuala wrote: > I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it > is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://ww...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Exmerge Utility #2
Would someone please inform me where I can get the exmerge utility for Exchange 5.0 , had it email from Microsoft some years ago but nowhere to be found now. Thank You. George, You should be able to get a copy without charge by calling into support. -- Isaac B. Carter MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "George P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:acef01c4369a$e6a31f10$a1...

Reference 2
How do I have a cell look at another cell and make a calculation. For example: A B C (197) 3500 500 If column A is less than B then have the calculation of the amount of (C) it would take to bring it to positive standing. The answer should be 4000. That is (8) lots of 500 to make the amount 3803. That is C times (8) minus 197. If (A) was 3501 then I would have a return value of 0. I would not need to replenish. Assuming your numbers are in cells A1 B1 and C1 then put this formula in cell D1: =IF(A1<B1,(ROUNDUP((B1-A1)/C1,0))*C...

RMS1.2-GP8.0 Integration
Iam facing a critical issues regarding one of my implementation of GP 8.0 and RMS 1.) when will the integration utility between RMS and GP9.0 will be released. ? 2.) HQ db is on one server while GP db is on another server. When we try to link the 2 databases using the above utility which makes use of Linked server technology, we are not able to do so? Please note our architecture is such that 2 dbs has to reside on separate server . 3.) When we did a test integration with the sample HQ db with sample GP TWO db ( in this case residing on same server ) everything goes fine except ...

Stock High-Low-Close Chart
Is it possible to produce a Hi-Lo-Close chart with reversed axes - ie with the Hi-Lo bars horizontal rather than vertical? The normal HLC chart has stocks listed along the x axis and price up the y axis. How would I switch this around? I want to display a series of stocks listed down the y axis and the hilo price range given across the x-axis. Thanks for any advice on this. Tim, Assuming your data is first set up like this and cover the range A1:D8: High Close Low Conoco 41 39.5 38 Exxon 42 40.5 39 Shell 41 39.5 38 Baker 40 38.5 37 Halliburton 39 37.5 36 Marathon 40 38.5 37 Diamond 40...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

embedded pictures #2
I recently upgraded to the office environment. I am very dismayed to find out that I now have to open each attatchment to view the contents of graphics. In the previous version of outlook express Having images open when I previewed my email was quick and easy. Is there any way to set up office outlook with this same capability? Thanks in advance. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Historical Stock Status #2
Historical Stock Status needs to display the quantity available up to AS OF DATE field excluding after the said date. "I run the report as of 3/31/07 and it is currently 4/3/07 it will back those out giving me an accurate inventory count and value up to 03/31/07. This is not happening. If I run the report for a particular item with the as of date 3/31/07 this item should have 0 quanitity. It is showing me the amount from 4/1-4/3. How do we get the report to print only inventory up to 3/31/07?" ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds t...

Birthdays #2
I am having a problem with the birthdates showing up as timed events. If you look at my calendar the birthday takes up two days and there is a little clock at each end of the posting. could someone tell me how to fix this. David G. Smith Blackcobra@cableone.net David G. Smith wrote: > I am having a problem with the birthdates showing up as > timed events. If you look at my calendar the birthday > takes up two days and there is a little clock at each end > of the posting. could someone tell me how to fix this. > > David G. Smith > Blackcobra@_____ Make sure your compu...

Stop Chart Style (Format) Update
Hi TWIMC, I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a pivot table that aggregates data based on REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE etc etc. Once I have set up the chart they way that I would like it to look, if I then make a change to the selection using the pivot chart buttons, e.g. I select a country and the chart re-formats itself back to what appears to be the default style. I've set my chart style to the default but it still doesn't keep my chart style. What I want is that the chart style remains the same but the new values are just plotted onto the chart. I'm sure there is an option to turn ...

Format Problem #2
Hi how can i save an excel file to text file with out chainging the format. ie Excel file: adf 12 a 1 when i change this to text file the alighment changes like adf 12 a 1 so how can i solve this problem. i tryied many wayes and nothing work out properly. so if someone know this , plzz do help me. manikandan Try saving it as a "Formatted Text (Space delimited) (*.prn)" file. You may have to widen columns to make it look right. (And I like to change the font to Courier New--a nice non-proportional font. Then I can see how it'll line up.) manikandan wrote: > >...

Textbox #2
Hi all, How do you get a textbox to autocomplete a word, or is it a textbox. I have been using a combobox but I wanted to make the form a bit neater with out the arrows. Also How can you change a caption of a userform to show the name in in cell a1 for example? I would love to have the userform show the name of the person I am using the information about.. Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg can't help with the first Q ... personally, don't think combo boxes are that messy :) with Q2 use something along the lines of the following Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() UserFor...

PartyPoker offer #2
PartyPoker.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker room! Since opening it's doors in 2001, they have been serving lots of fun and excitement to poker players worldwide and are growing at record speeds by offering lots of games and limits, excellent customer care and maintaining the highest level of integrity, security, and reliability. Licensed, Regulated and Tested PartyPoker.com is licensed and regulated by the Government of Gibraltar. The games are powered by the iGlobalMedia system which is tested by iTech Labs, a leading independent tester of gaming and wagerin...

how to check if a number has no more than 2 decimal digits
I need to do some input validation so to check if a value has no more than 2 decimal digits. So 14.12 is valid but 14.123 is not. I have tried doing a check like this: If Int(inval * 100) <> inval * 100 Then but this gets a rounding error with certain values like 2.22. If I subtract one side above from the other I get a difference on the order of 10^-21. So I tried rounding the numbers to do a test like this: If Round(Int(inval * 100), 10) <> Round(inval * 100, 10) Then and this does something weird like rounding Round(Int(0.29 * 100), 10) to 28. ...

Change Y axes (Categories) on line chart
I have a line chart. I am happy with my X axis categories, which say something like "Term 1", "Term 2", "Term 3" etc However my Y axis reflects the actual values (eg Points scored) that I wish to chart, whereas I want it to contain descriptive terms such as "Grade C", "Grade B" etc I have read Jon Peltier on how to change axis by creating a dummy series in a scatter graph. Problem is that if I change to a scatter chart, I lose my X axis.values that I am happy with. I suppose that I could then fix this by using Jon's solution twice: o...

How do print a chart with smooth lines?
I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks I've got the same question. Is there any way to smooth the lines? "AmyC79" wrote: > I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with > smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? > > Thanks The only workaround I could come up with was to draw an elipse over the pie chart. I set the color in the middle of the elipe to no fill and made the line thickness "2" to cover the jagged pie circle....