Scatter plot #3

How do i print data on the x-axis os scatter plot like in bar chart?

Example
Following is my data

header1	header2
"jan"	2
feb	3
mar	5
apr	6
may	55
june	10
jul	12
aug	33
sept	34
oct	45
nov	50
Dec	33

when i plot "header1" on x-axis vs "header2" on y -axis, as scatter plot,
instead of jan,feb,mar,  i get numbers 2,4,6 on x-axis of the scatter plot.

How do i get the actual strings printed on the x-axis?
I want the months to be seen on the x-asis when i plot them

Thanks
Mala

0
Mala (1)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Mala <Mala@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>How do i print data on the x-axis os scatter plot like in bar chart?

>when i plot "header1" on x-axis vs "header2" on y -axis, as scatter plot,
>instead of jan,feb,mar,  i get numbers 2,4,6 on x-axis of the scatter plot.

99 times out of a hundred, people turn out to be inappropriately using a
Line Chart type when they should be using a Scatter Chart type. I think
you're the very first poster I've ever seen pose a question where it
turns out that the scatter chart is the wrong one and line chart is
right.

Don't worry if you only want symbols and not lines, you can easily get
rid of the lines in a "line" chart; the principal difference between the
two types is that the line chart has a category x axis (as you say, like
a bar chart).

The other thing you need to do, that Microsoft never warns you, is leave
the cell above the x axis range blank: take the "header1" label away.
You can put it back later, but the wizard is looking for the blank to
tell it what goes in the x axis.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

how do i do 3 data validations?
If i have a cell C18 with list values "25-51-91","25-51-82","25-51-54" "25-51-55","25-50-23" a cell c19 with list values"0", "1", "E" and cell C8 values "UA 115180-4, UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H, 3DF-A35-11D-G" and when i select C8= UA 115180-4 ,c18 should be "25-51-91" c19 should be 0 when i select UA 115169-1,UA 115169-5, UA 115163-5H c18 shld be 25-51-82,25-51-54,25-51-55 cell c19 value should be 1 when i select 3DF-A35-11D...

Excel to Word #3
I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout: Column Headers: ID Description Total Location Date Coats Labor (hrs) 20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Ro...

lists #3
how do I consolidate two lists into one: List 1 Jan name city a Med b NYC c LA List 2 Feb name city d GA e MIS f LA Consolidated name city a Med b NYC c LA d GA e MIS f LA Thanks Copy the second list and paste it below the first? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Felipe" <faristiz@uncc.edu> wrote in message news:5a7b01c48178$dfedd1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I consolidate two lists into one: > > List...

Average #3
Excell 2003 I'm trying to average times, in minutes, in a single column. The minutes are the result of a formula to find elapsed times (14:10-14:08 etc). There are 1414 cells in the column with entries in about 80% of the cells. In one of the books I have it says Excell will only average 20 numbers. If this is true, how do I average the column? On a relaterd topic, wehn I try to do MAX for the columns I get a number that I know isn't the MAX for that column. I've got the columns formated for times. What am I doin wrong? Thanks, The 'Bonker -- Its better to remain ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Installazione CRM 3.0 Ita for SBS su SBS 2003 Eng
Salve, avrei la necessit=E0 di installare su Small Business Server in inglese la versione del CRM 3.0 per SBS in italiano. Vorrei sapere se ci sono problemi di funzionamento considerando la diversa versione del linguaggio. Grazie ...

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", bet
How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is it a formala I can use? HI Try this =A1&" "&""""&B1&" "&""""&C1, adjust range to your needs HTH John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BD2A42E-BCB9-4504-8454-727E366E25DD@microsoft.com... > How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell with space and ", between. Is > it > a formala I can use? ...

HIDDEN COLUMNS #3
SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! Click on the header for column C, highlighting the entire column. Without releasing the mouse, drag until you're over the column of row headers (on my version of Excel, in Office 2003, I see the tool tip change to '3C'). Now you should be able to Format > Column > Unhide. "acp20770" wrote: > SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! If you select the sheet then go to window and unhide it will restore the Hidden windows. "acp20770&q...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

No Reports in CRM 3.0 Install
Hi everyone, I have been working on installing CRM 3.0 (fresh install) on a Small Business Server and I have been having trouble getting the reporting services to work correctly. I have been able to get the reports section to pull up now but no reports are listed in the grid. All the other functions appear to be working and I can even start to add reports but it puzzles me. Doesn't Microsoft provide sample reports to begin with? Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get the reports to show up? Surely they gave us standard reports with the program?!?!?! Thanks! on ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Letter Writing Assistant Error #3
When we try and print a letter in the letter writing program we receive a Header Record Delimiters error. It is asking for a field delimiter and a record delimiter. How do we correct this error. This was working correctly a couple weeks ago, and it works correctly on other machine sin the office, any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this issue? Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? ...

How do I automatically plot different ranges of data in different.
I need to chart parameters that are a function of three variables in the 2002 version of Excel. I have used the x and y axis to represent 2 variables on an 'xy chart', but require an automatic method to represent the value of the third variable. I have tried the 'bubble-plot', but cannot get sufficient resolution between the data. Is their any way that I may plot the third variable in different colours/shades, that automatically changes for different ranges of the the third variable? THis might help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart &q...

CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor is EMPTY!!!!
Hi, I am using CRM 3.0 Workflow Monitor it is showing me in the Summary that I have lots of active and paused processes 28 active / 199 paused of various entity types. However when I go to view the paused, or active (or ALL for that matter), there is nothing even after numerous refreshes, trying next page stuff. Basically it is showing nothing at all on any screen or any tab except Process/Summary. I think something is very BROKEN here. Any help would be appreciated. I have changed the WF Service to be logged in as Administrator and Administrator is part of PrivUserGroup and SQLAc...

Drop down list #3
Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? Data|Validation is pretty easy to use. Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Hrider wrote: > > Is there a command whereby I can create a drop down list in a cell? -- Dave Peterson ...

Anyone know PBDA Spec 1.3.1 Part 3 License Package Hash Algorithm
I studing Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture (PBDA 1.3.1) Part 3 : WMDRM on PBDA. Who know section 3.14.3 "License Package" License_package_hash uses what hash algorithm ? ...

Winmail.dat #3
I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) and until recently everything had been running fine. Just recently users in the US started getting winmail.dat attachments when our users from Malaysia attach a file to an email. Most users should be using Outlook 2000/xp/2003. Any ideas? Please let me know if you need more info In news:2707A015-E765-4937-A581-2978AF13FDA4@microsoft.com, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have 5 exchange 2003 servers (combination Standard and Enterprise) > and until recently everything had been running fine. Just ...

Row Height #3
I'm working on this spreadsheet and we are constantly adding more information to these cells in a certain column. After a while when there is a lot of text added into the cell, it begins to not continue wordwrap-ing it anymore, and cuts it off, as well as when choosing AutoFit for cell height, it won't go any bigger than 171.00. Is there anyway to change those settings? If you add alt-enters to force a new line within the cell, then you'll be able to see more text in that cell and the wordwrap should come back. Try adding them every 80-100 characters. Chantel wrote: > &g...

Urgent Help
All, Sorry but need some quick help in this project. I was told to create a quartile chart for last one year of closing price of Soybean Commodity. I am going to paste small data set here. Can someone please guide how to show quartiles as vertical lines in a chart? Also someone please suggest what should be X axis and Y axis values here? Date Close Price 1/1/2009 38.36 Quartile 1 60.7825 1/2/2009 43.4 Quartile 2 67.27 1/3/2009 45.34 Quartile 3 76.9675 1/4/2009 46.49 1/5/2009 49.12 1/6/2009 49.5 1/7/2009 50.5 1/8/2009 51.13 1/9/2009 51.8 1/10/2009 51.86 1/11/20...

Multiple instances of Outlook #3
MS Office pro 2003 SP2 Situation: One PC multiple users. Normally logged on to PC and network as MainUser. One Outlook-account "MainUser" and 5 accounts "User1" etc. Normally we are logged on to Outlook with the account MainUser. By closing and restarting Outlook we can log on to any other of the accounts. Question: Is it possible to have multiple instances of Outlook open at the same time so we can view both MainUser and e.g. User1?? knut Outlook can only run under one MAPI profile at a time. XP's Quick user switching might allow you to run it multiple tim...

Old MS Mail 3.0 support
I am trying to find a way to support the old Microsoft mail postoffice. I have several cusotmers on small local LAn's using this with Outlook 97. If I convert/upgrade them to Office XP it continues to support the MS Mail Postoffice. However, a New install does not have this support. Anyone know how to get Office XP/2003 to support the old Microsoft Mail Postoffice? http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Formatted text in multiple lines in CListCtrl #3
I would like to know how can I display formatted text (Different fonts and colors) in multiple lines in a single cell in CListCtrl large icon view. I have seen samples on codeproject/codeguru that deals with changing text color/font. But I would like to display formatted text (e.g: Some bold text and some different color in multiple lines in a single item) along with an icon in each cell. How can I achieve this using CListCtrl? If not, can you please suggest any alternative solutions? The following article on codeproject suggests on how to change the row height in an owner drawn list control...

microsoft date and time picker control #3
Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? You should be able to set the PrintObject Property option to False in the Properties Window for the object. PC "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576CACE2-BB4A-450A-A894-464E4095DCA3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? Thank you for the suggestion, but I want the date to be visible when printing, not the button. This works in InfoPath and other non Microsoft applications, please advise if yo...