Scatter Charts #3

Hi,

I am plotting a XY chart. I want that every point should be of different colour. Possibly I can define a range of 2 columns where column 1 contains the name for which the point is plotted and column 2 contains the colour for that point.
I have seen this being done in one chart but that person is no longer available for help
Please tell me how is it done
Thanks
Shilps
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Shilps -

Double click on the chart, and on the Options tab, check the Vary Colors
by Point box.

Now that you know where it's hidden, you'll become the resident expert!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Shilps wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am plotting a XY chart. I want that every point should be of
> different colour. Possibly I can define a range of 2 columns where
> column 1 contains the name for which the point is plotted and column
> 2 contains the colour for that point. I have seen this being done in
> one chart but that person is no longer available for help Please tell
> me how is it done Thanks Shilps

0
DOjonNOT (619)
5/19/2004 1:39:40 AM
:) I wish I could, but theres a hitch. That option is disabled. The chart is a combination of 3 series. Could this be the reason?
0
anonymous (74722)
5/19/2004 5:16:08 AM
That button only works if you have a single series on the chart.

You can format the points independently, though it gets a bit tedious.
Select the series, then select the point (two single clicks). Now press
Ctrl-1 to open the format dialog, and format the selected point.

- Jon
-------

Shilps wrote:

> :) I wish I could, but theres a hitch. That option is disabled. The
> chart is a combination of 3 series. Could this be the reason?

0
DOjonNOT (619)
5/20/2004 2:15:15 AM
Can't I code it"? 'Coz its a dynamic chart. And its not possible to individually select a point and then format it 'cos the file will not be used by me but by a different user
0
anonymous (74722)
5/20/2004 5:06:06 AM
Sure you can code it. Record a simple macro while you select and format
a few points to get the syntax and the constants, and look at the Object
Browser in the VB Editor. Are you going to apply formats based on
values, or just cycle through the combinations?

- Jon
-------

Shilps wrote:

> Can't I code it"? 'Coz its a dynamic chart. And its not possible to
> individually select a point and then format it 'cos the file will not
> be used by me but by a different user

0
DOjonNOT (619)
5/21/2004 1:05:16 AM
Thanks Jon for the trick of coding
Previosly I used to read and read , then by hit and trial write the code. Recording macro is  a much easier way.
0
anonymous (74722)
5/21/2004 7:46:02 AM
That's right. The code isn't perfect, it's usually pretty inefficient,
but it's usually a good starting point.

- Jon
-------

Shilps wrote:

> Thanks Jon for the trick of coding. Previosly I used to read and read
> , then by hit and trial write the code. Recording macro is  a much
> easier way.

0
DOjonNOT (619)

creat different charts to have same scale and size. For insertio.
Hi, I am creating a page in my document that will display 4 different line graphs. I need all 4 of them to have the same scale, and to be identical (size of chart area vs. plot area, size of line spaces, etc) except for the data. Is there a more exact way to do this, or do I just have to eyeball and shrink/expand the size of each? Hi, The only way to do this consistently is via the use of VBA code. Have at look at Jon's addin. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/chartvba.html#AlignChtDims Also check the site for other examples of coding for charts. Cheers Andy world-explorer-069...

lines in line chart do not show up
I used this chart the last 2 years and it worked fine. This year, I made a new chart based off the old chart and now the lines don't show up. The markers are there, but the lines are not. Anyone else have this problem?> -- martinson portland Are there blanks in your data range? Select the chart, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart tab, and check Interpolated for how you want blank cells to be treated. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "martinson" <m...

Active chart refreshes slower in 2007
I create active charts with a spin button (Form control) to flip through many sets of y data (by incrementing the y-series row-references using an index controlled by the button). When I used Excel 2000, I used to place the button inside of the chart. (That is where you can only drag it as far as the edge of the chart area, much like placing a text box inside of a chart). By placing it inside, data series refreshed much faster than if it were outside (in the worksheet area itself). In the former case, I was able to flip through all series by holding down the mouse the spin button ar...

Column chart not displaying some data points
I'm trying to create a column chart out of data that looks like this: x-axis y-axis 1/3/06 300 1/9/06 600 1/31/06 250 2/23/06 1000 3/12/06 50 3/22/06 450 ....and so on. The number of data points per month varies. I'm using 1-Month units in the scale of my x-axis, so my Jan. column should read 1150, Feb. should be 1000, Mar. should be 500, etc. Problem is, Excel omits some of the data points, so the Jan. column says 900, and Mar. says 50. But on some other months, it counts all the data points in the month and shows the correct total for the month. I've trie...

How long does SharePoint 2003/7 integration with MS D CRM 3 take?
we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and I urgently need how long it takes to make it work? regards, rifat Hello Rifat, If you are interested we can help you for the integration. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Rifat Yavuz" wrote: > we would like to integrate sharepoint into MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and use it as > the default file management system.I am assigned to make the project plan and > I urgently need how long it takes to ...

merge pivot charts?
I have 3 seperate charts created from 3 pivot tables. each table has a filter office#. user has to go to each table to select office# to get the charts update. Is there any way to merge 3 tables together, that way user can select only one time and get the different info for each table? pivot_table_1 office# answers pivot_table_2 office# answers pivot_table_3 office# answers You can use programming to change the selections in the related pivot tables. There's a sample file here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under PivotTables, look for 'PT0021 - Chang...

Limiting Chart Series with a Macro
Good Day, Does anyone know how to change the max limit on the x-axis of a chart with a macro? In other words say I have data of rainfall vs time for different countries. Some may have for 10 yrs and other may have for 50. How can I use a macro so that the x-axiswould end on the last date for all graphs? Any Ideas Many Thanks Llednar Randell - This macro finds the largest X max on all of the charts on the active sheet, then applies this to all of these charts. Sub SameXMax() Dim ChtOb As ChartObject Dim dXMax As Double For Each ChtOb In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects ' Find large...

XP home service pack 3 Power management
Power management has ceased to funtion, Screen shuts down, but no hibernation or shut down. I have tried to reset power options in control panel, but get the error message <settings are incompatible> despite my best efforts and many configurations tried. any bright ideas? -- john You might try going to an XP newsgroup... this one is for working with code dealing with Access VBA Programming microsoft.public.windowsxp is the one you're looking for -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that...

Data from 3 different sheets in the same workbook
We have to produce a pie chart on a new sheet which will show the percentage total of 3 different data that are in 3 different sheets but the cell's still the same (B14 in sheet1, B14 in sheet2, B14 in sheet3). I hold the CTRL button but it doesn't work. Is there a way to create this piechart without linking the 3 data in a fourth sheet? We tried in a lot of different ways but they give us errors (one of them is "reference is not valid") Thanks are there any limitations as to why you could not link to 4th sheet? "Marta" wrote: > We have to produce a pie ch...

Chart Wizard sorta broken.
Excel 2002(XP)sp3 running on XP Pro. Chart wizard appears to work until rendering the chart on the sheet. The resulting chart is drawn incorrectly. Line and Bar render only a thin vertical line without any data. Preview mode during the chart works ok. Pie charts render as a tiny dot vs a large circle. I have tried uninstalling Excel and re-installing. Insert Graph OLE object works fine. Can't re-install sp3 as it's already been installed. Would it help to completely remove Office as when I re-installed Excel all settigns were still in place, like tool bars and customizatio...

Cell value as chart scale maximum
I have a chart on a worksheet and want to make the Y scale maximum value equal the value of cell Y3 (this is a merged cell range Y3:Y5), rounded up to the next “5” increment. For example, 101% in merged cell Y5 would be 105% in the chart Y scale maximum. How would I do this? Hi Phil - Use the approach I describe here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html but link to CEIL(Y3,0.05) instead of Y3. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Phil Hageman wrote: > ...

Org Charts in Excel 2000
Are organizational charts an option for Excel 2000? If not standard, does Microsoft offer an add-in? You can use MS Organizational Chart right in Excel. Insert menu | Object | Create New tab, and browse in the list for MS Org Chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ FirstVette52 wrote: > I usually make them in another application, then copy/paste them onto > the spreadsheet. PowerPoint uses "MS Organizational Chart", it's > easy to use and EXCEL - friendly. ...

Change FORMAT #3
I am just a beginner and I would like to change the format of as cell according to a condition in another cell. First example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1=M Second example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1 has a GREEN background Please help You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for:...

Delete mailbox #3
Dear all I have Exchange 5.5 server running 1000 users. I wanted to delete 500 (mailbox and user account) of them. How do I delete them using template? It's not practical if we delete them one by one. Any idea or reference website I can read? thank you "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in news:ekKtwbBsEHA.1992@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > I wanted to delete 500 (mailbox and user account) of them. How do I > delete them using template? > It's not practical if we delete them one by one. Here is some good information for you: http://support...

Data dissapears when reformatting a chart
When I create an Excel chart and reformat the X-Y axis data, the original line dissapears and I cannot get it back even by selecting the data field again. (Large data field) The chart is in the same file as the data to be accessed, so that is not the problem. Help! You have not defined your problem in detail. Will you please explain in detail. I think you i can help you. Suggestion: Select the axis which you want to format, then go to format data series, select patterns tab, give the desired color. I think this may help. If not please feel free to contact. Zak "Nateman" w...

What happened to Sales Quota Reporting in 3.0?
What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? I know Microsoft pared down the reporting for the new release, but without reports, the sales quotas don't have much relevent use. Is there any consideration being made to convert 1.2 reports to 3.0 reporting service reports? Hi Luke, You are right that we do not currently have any reports on quota in v3. This is on our list of features for the next version. Thanks, Wan Li ---- Wan Li Zhu Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics CRM http://www.microsoft.com/crm "Luke" wrote: > What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? ...

CRM 3.0 and Update Rollup 2
A while back we had to move our CRM installation to a new domain. Same server and database, just a different domain. To accomplish this we ended up having to reinstall CRM. Prior to moving to the new domain, we had installed the Update Rollup 2. We never reapplied the rollup, however in the registry it appears that it is installed and some of the features installed with the rollup are available in the client (for example ability to make attributes available to search on). If I look at the build number in the client, it looks like the rollup is not applied. Would the common recommenda...

PropertySheet #3
Hi, I have a PropertySheet in a wizard mode with 3 pages, I made recently. That works fine. Now i want to extend the property sheet and add one page to it. problem is, this page is not displayed.everything else works fine, (other pages). The contrusctor for the 4th page is called, OnInitDialog function is not called. The dialog template for the problem-page is of the "Child" style, thin frame. What I am doing wrong? Any idea? Thanks, Lubomir Lubomir wrote: > I have a PropertySheet in a wizard mode with 3 pages, I made recently. That > works fine. Now i want to ext...

Avoid Printing the Combo Box with the Chart
I have a chart sheet with a combo box which I use to select the county I'm interesting in plotting. My question for the group - is there a way to keep the combo box from printing with the chart? Perhaps what I need to do is simply create the chart on a worksheet and print it from there. Just thought I would ask. Its not critical, but I thought it would look nicer if I could leave the combo box off. I wanted to use the chart sheet just to keep things "cleaner". Mike Hi, Right click the combo box and on the properties tab uncheck the Print Object. Cheers Andy mtonkovich...

chart #7
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

links in outlook #3
When I click a link in outlook 2007 it does not go the the link. It says something like general failure. The system cannot find the specified file. Is there a option command or something that must be set? Jimkai are you using IE? did you try resetting the web settings (IE's tools, options) and running Help, office diagnostics in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscrib...

Charts and Line Graphs comparing companies with different data
I am trying to create a chart that is a line graph in Excel 2000. I want to compare severao builders price and square feet with each company being a different color. Here is an example Company A has homes that are 2152 square feet at $162000, 2424 square feet at $169000, and 2691 square feet at $178000. Company B has homes that are 2095 square feet at $159000, 2292 square feet at $164000, and 2436 square feet at $173000. There will probably be Companys c thru H as well with different data. Can you help? I have searched the web and all this is greek to me - I need it to be in the...

How to set up pivot to show name of series item in bar chart
I have data on 30 issues. Each issue has multiple characteristics, e.g., magnitude, frequency, cost-to-fix, root cause, etc. I want the issues stacked in a bar chart to depict: 1) Issues by magnitude -with an ID for each issue ( I can get the hover to show the ID/name and other data. I want only the ID/name and want it fixed in the chart, not on hover only. I tried TM's hover macro, and though I had trouble installing it, it doesn't seeem to give me what I want. ) 2) Issues by magnitue by frequency - same story, I want to see the issue no. in the printed bar chart. Any advice wou...

increase font size on vertical of chart without losing data
I am using Access to create a bar chart. The chart has over 50 namesin the vertical axis. How do I increase the font size so that I do notlose names? If I increase it past 6 font size I get only every otherbar labeled....

Chart Area #3
I know I have done before, but can't seem to remember how to get doable results. I want to be able to have 3 different background colors on a chart Green, Yellow, and Red. Then 3 columns that are used to show different numbers. The background colors are to help the viewer see quickly if their numbers are in a valid range. -- Thanks, Nikki Nikki - Here's one way: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Nikki&q...