Scatter Chart w/ Lines limit?

I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the week
( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on each
individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore
dates.

Why can I add more data?

Thank you in advance,

Maurolava
0
Maurolava (2)

In general the limits are generous: 32,000 points per series, a total of
256,000 points per chart.

Your limit may be due to adding one point at a time using the Ctrl key to
select individual cells. This produces a large series formula, because each
cell has its address (including worksheet name) added to the formula.

The solution is to place your data in contiguous ranges, so you only need to
select a rectangle that includes all of the data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Maurolava" <Maurolava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the
>week
> ( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on
> each
> individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore
> dates.
>
> Why can I add more data?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Maurolava

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
1/29/2009 4:18:13 PM
Thank you Jon,

How can I do that in an efficient way? What formula can I use that will look
up for all the number for Monday, plotted in a continuous column?

Once again, thank you in advance,

Maurolava

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> In general the limits are generous: 32,000 points per series, a total of
> 256,000 points per chart.
>
> Your limit may be due to adding one point at a time using the Ctrl key to
> select individual cells. This produces a large series formula, because each
> cell has its address (including worksheet name) added to the formula.
>
> The solution is to place your data in contiguous ranges, so you only need to
> select a rectangle that includes all of the data.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
> _______
>

> "Maurolava" <Maurolava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the
> >week
> > ( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on
> > each
> > individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore
> > dates.
> >
> > Why can I add more data?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > Maurolava

0
Maurolava (2)
1/29/2009 5:03:00 PM
You could filter the data. You could use a pivot table to extract days of
the week.

You could use a formula that picks every seventh item from a column,
something like this:

Range of data: A2:A200
First Monday: A3
Range of output (for plotting): D2:D30
First formula:
=offset(A$3,(row()-row(D$2))*7,0)

- Jon
-------

> Thank you Jon,
>
> How can I do that in an efficient way? What formula can I use that will
> look
> up for all the number for Monday, plotted in a continuous column?
>
> Once again, thank you in advance,
>
> Maurolava
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> In general the limits are generous: 32,000 points per series, a total of
>> 256,000 points per chart.
>>
>> Your limit may be due to adding one point at a time using the Ctrl key to
>> select individual cells. This produces a large series formula, because
>> each
>> cell has its address (including worksheet name) added to the formula.
>>
>> The solution is to place your data in contiguous ranges, so you only need
>> select a rectangle that includes all of the data.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
>> http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
>> _______
>>

>> "Maurolava" <Maurolava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the
>> >week
>> > ( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop
>> > on
>> > each
>> > individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add
>> > anymore
>> > dates.
>> >
>> > Why can I add more data?
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance,
>> >
>> > Maurolava

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Changing to Combination-chart from existing chart
I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the same chart. How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform them to bars? Regards Jan Hi Jan, Right click a line series that you wish to change. From the popup menu select Chart type and pick bar. Cheers Andy Jan wrote: > I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I > now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the > same chart. > > How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform > them to bars? > > Reg...

Static Chart Data Range
Excel-2007, simple line chart: I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into the workbook? I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ... but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84. I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of moving ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Limited Password Protection
Is there way to put password protection for preventing modifications in original file. but still allow copy and paste from the original file to another? Thanks, Sameer Hi Sameer I'm afraid password protection is ON or OFF there's no limited protection AFAIK -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Sameer" wrote: > Is there way to put password protection for preventing modifications > in original file. but still allow copy and paste from the ...

Higlihting entire rows or lines?
Hi I was wondering is there any way of highlighting entire lines or rows in word? If you are talking about text lines, clicking next to the line in the left margin will select it. Similarly, you can click next to a table row to select it. (The mouse pointer will look like an arrow.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "D Shah" <D Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59141C31-9ABF-4A90-9908-C6E9ACBE8613@microsoft.com... > Hi I was wondering is there any way of highlighting entire lines or rows > in > word? Do you mean as ...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...

change exist chart to be dynamic
Hi all How can I change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a name in y axis only but no name of x axis. How can I create a series for x axis? Thanks in advance Daniel You need to understand how dynamic charts work. There are tutorials and links to more on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Change Backcolor for the selected line
I would like to be able to highlight or change the color of a single line on a subform formated as a continuous form. The user selects one line from many possible lines on a continuous form to respond to. When he selects the line another pop-up form is display which the user must complete. I would like to maintain some kind of highlight (backcolor?) so that the user can clearly see which line he is reponding to. Setting the backcolor after selecting a line sets the back color for the entire form, which really defeats the purpose. Any help? -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Interactive Chart Examples
I once was given an Excel file (protected of course - D'Oh!!!) where the person had charts that were interactive. There were various series and you scrolled thru a scroll bar to select the series you wanted. It would change the chart as you scrolled Can anybody point to samples that folks have done to do this. Previous posts have given a few links but I was hoping that someone has an example That I could use so I do not have to develop one from scratch. Thanks. Homer J. Simpson Hi, Have a look at these examples, Series and data http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.h...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

Limiting data in a report
I have a field in my database that contains only single letters which refer to the specific type of data contained in the other fields. ("A" refers to one specific type while "B" refers to another, etc.) I am attempting to set up an input box which will allow the user to produce a report consisting of data related to "A", "B" or whichever type is desired. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave blank for all") Reports![Wish List]![Prefix]![Criteria] = ...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Limit value for Storage Groups
Hello, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard edition. The limitation on Storage Groups for e.g. "Issue warning at(KB)" is default set by 2097151. I read that i can change this value by using ADSI Edit and edit the values mDBOverHardQuotaLimit mDBOverQuotaLimit mDBStorageQuota But each of them has a lots of values and i could not find out which one i have to edit. Could you please give me an advice? TIA helpi If you want to set a value bigger than 2GB for all users on an entire mailbox store, bring up the properties of that mailbox store in ADSIEdit and set the mDBStorageQuot...

Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2
If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first column is shown vertical and the text in the second column is shown horizontal in the chart. If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in both columns is shown horizontal. If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's vertical. Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow? ...

Visio 2003 Organizational Chart 2002 Compatibility
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C52B1D.54B10360 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and I = have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file format. My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the = pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and = collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20 Thanks, Todd ------=_NextPart_000_0045_...

Pivot Chart Bar Width
Is it possible to stabilize the width of the bars when using a Pivot Chart? When there is very little data to chart - based on the values I select from page data pull-downs - the bars are really fat. Other times they are thin. I would really like to have a standard width. tia Pat Watson Pat - The bars are based on a percentage of the spacing between categories. If you have fewer categories, the bars get wider. If you decreased the bar width (by increasing gap width on the Other tab of the format series dialog), they'd be much further apart. You can't adjust these automatical...

Time-based floating bar chart
I have a problem similar to "Kaixi". I have data for elapsed times of backups, and I'm trying to chart the beginning and ending time of the backups for each server. The only problem is that each server may have more than one backup job, so I need to chart the elapsed time from the earliest start time to the latest end time, with gaps shown where there is no activity. The data looks like this: server start-time end-time abc 08:00 08:30 abc 08:00 08:45 abc 09:00 09:30 def 09:00 09:10 def 0...

SPC Control Charts
Does anyone know if Excel can create SPC control charts? I can not find them anywhere. Not as a basic chart type. You can roll your own. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht has suggestions. Jerry Skip wrote: > Does anyone know if Excel can create SPC control charts? > I can not find them anywhere. ...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...