Scatter Chart Question #2

Hi Folks:

I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to.
When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I
expect in the yellow box.

My question:
    Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the
pop-up ??

Many thanks
Steve

0
sboak.ele (43)

You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside
turning them on and off.

If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label
add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com).

To show a picture you will have to recreate Tushar's approach with pictures
rather than text boxes (or rectangles, whatever his program uses). This
means you will have to learn a little about chart events. You might find my
Chart Events article helpful:

  http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

You use the event code to detect when a point has been moused over. The code
determines which series and point this was, and displays the appropriate
image.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"s boak" <sboak.ele@noritake.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks:
>
> I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to.
> When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I
> expect in the yellow box.
>
> My question:
>    Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in
> the pop-up ??
>
> Many thanks
> Steve

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How to select series in chart?

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

chart MAcro to change on activecell

printing 2 charts on single page

transparent areas in charts?

Multiple stacked bar charts

Offline folder problems #2

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Chart Legend Color Index Assignment
Looking for VBA code to run on Workbook_Open to ensure a Legend having up to 10 different variables does NOT "automatically" assign to same color to 2 different variables. TIA - Bob Check out the color palette (Tools menu > Options > Color tab). The chart uses the bottom two rows of colors for its data, then when it runs out it cycles through the rest of the palette. If the palette has been customized by someone unfamiliar with this behavior, you may get duplication of colors. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTe...

asap utilities question
I have Msft. Excel Vsn 2002 and latest vsn. of ASAP Utilities. I used ASAP Utilities to merge single rows of data together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text. My question now, is, is it possible using ASAP Utilities to separate the data that has been merged back into single rows of data? All information welcomed! Aaron ...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

Dotfuscator question
Hello Everybody !!! When i create programm using C# i must understand that my programm from exe - module can be converted to the source file by Reflector. In Order do not allow do this i must use dotfuscator, but i did not find any free normal dotfuscator. May be someone tell me what can i do cause now as think we have interesting paradox. We 've got free technology but if we want to protect our products we must buy expensive commercial dotfuscators. Alex Dmitriev You should post this message in a newsgroup which discusses managed code. This newsgroup does not have much managed traff...

question on the rules wizard
When clikcing on the Rules Wizard, Outlook locks up - consistently. Has anyone got a remedy for this? Thank you, rich rpage@concerto.com ...

VCard issue #2

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

question about Time

Isinteg Warning Message Question