Scatter and bar

Hi I have posted a screen shot of my chart here -

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs35&d=05260&f=chart.jpg

I would like to know if it is possible with the chart to change the
turquoise line named Digester feed mean % DS to work with the scatter chart
using the secondary axis already in place as a bar mixed scatter chart?

I really appreciate your comments i think the chart would look great like
this.

Many Thanks
Rob

- p.s if the image doesnt load right click and choose show picture then it
should load.

0
nrgsav (5)

Select the series that you want to change to a bar chart.  Right click and
choose chart type to get a bar chart.  Come back if you have more questions.

"Rob Hargreaves" <nrgsav@REM_Thistiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi I have posted a screen shot of my chart here -
>
> http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs35&d=05260&f=chart.jpg
>
> I would like to know if it is possible with the chart to change the
> turquoise line named Digester feed mean % DS to work with the scatter
> chart using the secondary axis already in place as a bar mixed scatter
> chart?
>
> I really appreciate your comments i think the chart would look great like
> this.
>
> Many Thanks
> Rob
>
> - p.s if the image doesnt load right click and choose show picture then it
> should load.

0
reply6075 (299)

Change bar graph to pie
I have a bar graph that i want to change to a pie chart but when i change to a pie chart it only shows one of the 5 sources. I can change the graph to any bar column or line graph and all my info is there but not a pie or doughnut. Any help would be great -Thanks Hi Cris, A pie chart normally only displays a single series, therefore the others will be ignored. But the doughnut chart should be able to display multiple series. Cheers Andy Cris wrote: > I have a bar graph that i want to change to a pie chart but when i change to a pie chart it only shows one of the 5 sources. I can c...

Error bars won't display with named formula/range data
Hi all, I have a bit of a problem with Y error bars on a line chart. I'm tying to add custom error bars using a named formula but no error bars are displayed. If i use an array formula to display the values on a worksheet and select this range as the custom error bar then all is displayed fine. Also, if i use the named formula as a new series then all plots ok. The named formula is: =IssueCluster!DGH_Comparison-IssueCluster!DGH_Current It calculates the difference between the values in 2 cell ranges. Is this happening because the named formula is not evaluating itself? If so, is the...

Frequencies in Scatter Charts
I have a question about the ability of scatter graphs to include frequencies. What I ultimately want is the bin range on the y axis and the actual individual values in scatter format about the specified bin range. The total amount of scatter plots about the bin totals the calculated frequency. Is this possible? And if so how? Thanks -- paulabrozek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paulabrozek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500362 ...

No gripper for status bar?
When needed, my application shows a 2nd status bar at the bottom of the screen, just above the usual status bar. Unfortunately, the 2nd bar has a size-grip (gripper) at the righthand end, just like the usual status bar. The 2nd gripper is not operative, but it makes no sense to have it drawn there. Does anybody know how to dispense with the gripper? The documentation says: "You can specify the SBARS_SIZEGRIP style to include a sizing grip at the right end of the status bar." But in fact, when I look at CStatusBar::CreateEx(), the SBARS_SIZEGRIP style is given whether I lik...

Bar graph values keep changing
I have a Schedule, A summary, And a Stacked Bar Graph. the summary and the bar graph generate themselves based off the schedule. The values for the bar graph need to be between $0 and $220,000. I change the numbers manualy on the value portion of the graph, but when i do so, my bars go to a value of $0. I used the chart wizzard to create the graph. It automaticly puts a value of $1 in there for me. but when you hover the pointer over the bar, it's value is something like $97,000. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? I'm very confused and frustrated. Please help. Can you post a samp...

Bar chart with
I have the following problem: I have 15 cities for which I have two data values for 4 dates (example: Vienna 1950: 10 90 1960: 50 50 1980: 20 80 1990: 60 40) How to show them in a bar chart so that each city is in x- axis and all for dates appear on y axis so that two values are showed as 100 % stacked columns? Many thanks in advance! Marjo - Do the columns with 10 and 90 have names? Then put the names into the cells above the numbers, and keep the cell above the dates blank. A B 1950 10 90 1960 50 5...

Excell 2003 scatter chart with text in x range
Working with a simple xy scatter chart, used over a number of years with updated data, and discovered the curve plotted did not pass through a (0,0) origin, although the initial x and y points were 0,0. Finally noticed a larger range speified than that which contained data, and the final cell for the specified x range contained a text comment. After deleting this label, the curve shifted back to the origin. Has anyone encountered this before? It is easily corrected, but the presence of the erroneous plot is not easily identified. -- RickW RickW - As far as I know, i...

How to edit a Shortcut Menu Bar
I have a control with a Shortcut Menu Bar. When I rightclick the control, this menu bar is displayed. How do I find this menu bar to edit it? I made this some years ago - but cant remember what I did... -- Diane This article will help: http://jamiessoftware.tk/articles/menubars.html Mark Andrews RPT Software http://www.rptsoftware.com "DianePDavies" <DianePDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6BA6048-2610-4F83-83BB-20B6EEEE691B@microsoft.com... >I have a control with a Shortcut Menu Bar. When I rightclick the control, > this m...

Google Tool Bar
Within the last two days, when I used the Google Tool Bar, a message came up and said it had been redirected to 302. When I went to that website, I got a message stating that I was sending automated searches and they could not complete the request. I have never had that problem before when using Google Tool Bar for searching. I unistalled Google Tool Bar from my programs and now I can not re-install it. I keep getting sent to all different weird websites, etc. How can I re-install Google Tool Bar as I use it a lot. My grandchildren were here over the weekend and they may ...

Scatter plots in excel 2007
Hi, I'm trying to create a scatter plot chart in excel 2007 with a label on each point. But I can't seem to do this without creating 50 different series. I have three columns (x-axis, y-axis, and labels). Is there a anyway to plot points and then at a separate label? You can add labels, then customize each one individually. If that's an imposing task, try one of these free utilities: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm - Jon ------- Jon Pel...

Bar Codes
I work at a help desk in a university setting. Teachers are using Excel more and more to create grade books. SOme of them need to format parts of their data into a bar code (items like an ID number). How can I do this? Thanks in advance, Michael mjlucas@stritch.edu Download a bar code font, I always use 3 of 9 ....http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/ On your worksheet format the cell to this barcode font. For it to work properly you must include "*" at the start and end of your data. Start and stop data points. For example in cell A2 enter = "*" & B...

Up/down Bars
For a line chart that displays 2 lines across Jan-Dec, I enabled up/down bars (Excel 2003). I would like to know if it is possible to show the value of the up/down bar on the graph (in other words, show the value of the variance between the 2 lines)? Thx There are a couple options. One is to add another line series that has Y values midway between up and down, hide the series (no markers, no lines) and apply custom labels with values equal to the variance. Both of these utilities allow you to easily assign a range of cells to the data labels of a chart series: Rob Bovey's Char...

Budget and sliding bars.
Need some basic help here, this example will explain; I have a exactly 1000 to spend on a computer. I want to have some kind of bars that I can move with the mouse and if I raise the cost of the processor, the other bars should fall so that the total remains at 1000. The bars should be lockable, so that if I know the memory will cost 200, I can lock this bar and it will remain at 200. Processor xxx Case xxx Memory xxx Graphics xxx Can this be fairly easily done in Excel, or is there another program that I should use? Any help appreciated. Alex I�m using Excel 2007, if it matters. ...

List (Drop Down Menu) Scroll Bar
Hello, In Excel, I am having problems with the drop down list, where it does not display the vertical scroll bar in an 800x600 pixels screen resolution, but it does on a 1024x768 pixels screen resolution and only when the zoom is a 125%. So I am unable to scroll down the list on an 800x600 pixels resolution, any help is much appreciated. Ideally, would like the scroll bar to show from the end of the cell border as opposed to show the scroll beyond other cells. Thank-you, -- Hans Emilio If I recall correctly, there is an issue with drop-downs and freezing panes. What happens if you...

Adding a linear equation to my groovy scatter plot.
I have a scatter plot chart that plots eight different coordinate points and it looks really awesome. I also have done some calculations to my data and have a linear equation of y = 0.35592x + 0.1988939. I want to plot this linear equation over the same chart as my scatter plot to show that the line and the scatter plots are very closely related. How can I do this? I assume you right-click on the chart and click on "Source Data" and add another Series, but then what? Choose minimum and maximum X values for your new line & put them in one column. Calculate corresponding Y...

show the document path in the office menu bar
Please add an option to show the full pathname to the current file in the menu bar without having to write vb code, add the limited column 'Document Location' command, etc. Just, please let me show the full pathname in the menu bar (Office 2007). Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

bottom bar
Every word document at the bottom has a bar with info regarding the page number, the line and column the cursor is in every moment and other features such as MAC,OVR indicators and other. That bar just vanished. How am i going to reinstate it? How do we call that bar? It's called the "status bar". If you have Word 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > View and check the option for "Status bar". If you have Word 2007, there's no similar option because the status bar should always be visible. If it's missing, see http://www.word.mvps...

Standard tool bar disappeared in Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I launch a work book in Excel 2008 the standard and formula tool bars are absent. I have to go to View, Tool Bars and unclick and then click the standard tool bar to make it appear. It was not like that when I first installed Excel 2008. But it is very inconvenient. Does some one know how to make the tool bar and formula bars appear every time a sheet is opened? As posted repeatedly in answer to the same question: Click the capsular button at the right end of the document window's title bar to turn ...

'favorites' on the tool bar
First time using this. Totally ignorant of protocal. Trying to find out how you delete the folders and/or the items in the folders in 'favorites'on the outlook main toolbar? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can do it by using the Organize Favorites that is a choice on the Favorites drop down alternately because there isn't the right click option launch Internet Explorer and do it from there where you can use right click "George Barka...

How to colntrol location of category X axis labels on a bar chart?
How to colntrol location of category X axis labels on a bar chart? usually data have only positive values, category X axis labels are in the left side of vertical axis (see labelsOK.jpg). When values are all negative, labels are crossing bars (see labels03.jpg). Basically labels are always to the left from vertical axis (see labels01.jpg and labels02.jpg) which is not always visually appealing. Is there a way to have labels for case when data are all negative, located to the right from the axis and axis itself indented from chart border, so it will be a mirror image of labelsOK.jpg (see...

Help Specifying Data Labels in a XY Scatter Chart
I want to define the data labels in an XY scatter chart as a group of cells within the spreadsheet. The only thing I have been able to do is manually change the data labels one at a time. In other chart types this seems possible, but not in the scatter plot. Thanks, DaveN Hi Dave - There are a couple free utilities you can download to make this task easy. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Dav...

Task Bar and Excel
Hi all, A friend has Windows XP Home with office97 and when he opens more than one workbook, only one Excel icon appears in the bottom task bar. There is a setting within Task Bar properties to group similar prgm's together (can't quite remember what that's called), but this is deselected and fiddling with this does not fix the problem. (I personally have window 98 and that option is not available, but every workbook opened shows separately on the taskbar as it should.) Rob I don't have access to Excel 97, but according to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

horizontal bar charts
H I have the following data, which is a range between two end-points for a number of cases Case A: 50% to 75 B 25% 65 C 35% 85 and want to display this as a horizontal bar chart where the bar starts at (for A) at 50% and finishes at 75%, with the other cases plotted below as different Series (obviously the x-axis is 0-100%). I cannot get any of the Chart types to do this Any ideas Jose Set up your data like this: A B C D 1 Start Add End 2 A 50% =D2-B2 75% 3 B 25% 65% 4 C 35% 85% Copy the formula in cell C2 down to the ...

form scroll bars
We have noticed that when a form has a horizontal scroll bar and there is more than a page full of records there is no vertical scroll bar available until the horizontal scroll bar is moved to the complete right of the form. Is this a known issue or does anyone know of a fix? Thanks, Brett this is a known issue and is a pain :-) the message is dont add too many fields to views that force users to scroll way to the right -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "nathan" <info@jaythom.com.au> wrote in message news:2d6ba84d.0504181859.39058137@posting...

Can the font and text size for the formula bar be changed?
Tools menu > Options > General tab Select a standard font and font size. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ PhilH wrote: ...