Saving chart templates - xl 2007 (and 2010?)

I have created some charts and saved them as templates (crtx). I can apply
them to existing chart and, subject to some occasional odd behaviour
(plotting agains the ''wrong' axis) it works ok. Not a huge timesaver but you
take what you can get.

However, if i 'Insert' a new chart using any of three templates I have
created - and then attempt to add data to it the workbook is corrupted when I
try to save and ALL charts and Range names disappear.

I am using the name manager from peltiertech but that has always worked
before and even if i avoid using it the problem recurs.

My questions are:
1.) has anyone else seen/fixed this ?
2.) how 'safe' is my workaround (create a chart first, then apply the
template, then correct the result to match what the template would have done
in the first place)
3.) has anyone else noticed that 2007/2010 Tables and charts seem to be a)
flaky and b) slow and c) not all that well integrated with the 'rest' of
excel?

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? >DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname Is used to save changes to the table object itself, not the data within the table. Try: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRec...

Macro to open, Update links, save and close workbooks
I have a few workbooks on our server that need to be opened, links updated, saved and then closed again. It has to be done in a specific sequence and each workbook has the same writeres password. I'm thinking along the lines of having a master workbook open containing the macro. When I leave work in the evening I can start the Macro and have all the workbooks updated by the next morning. I have been testing this on one book only. It opens and updates but it doesn't want to close it. I don't know much about VBA and sort of been figuring things out as I go along. Th...

Money 2006 troubles present in 2007 ?
I purchased Money 2006 a year or so ago, but abandoned it over 401k issues. I have not used any kind of money manager since then (bad me), and am ready to take another swing at it, so trying to decide between upgrading Money or giving Quickbooks a try. As I recall it could not reconcile all line item types from my 401k manager (Hewitt). I remember this being a generalized issue, with lots of poeple complaining about the same thing. Has this been addressed in Money 2007 ? Anyone still having trouble with 401k downloads into Money 2007 ? Are there any other pervasive issues that are wait...

Problems with hyperlinks in Word 2007
I am having problems with hyperlinks in Word - they show as a complete text string incl. something about javascript. This occurred after my last update from Microsoft. I have tried to search in the various settings without any luck - I need the hyperlinks to show as only regular text and not codes etc. Anybody out there who can help me so I do not miss any text in Word? Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mette S-K" <Mette S-K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1788018D-30B3-4005-82BF-0DD03CB383EB@micros...

Trouble opening Word 2007 for Windows files with equations on my Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Word 2008 for Mac but when I try to open a Word 2007 for Windows file from a student with equations, all the equations are nonsensical. Any hints? FWIW, not being familiar with this area of Mac Word, when I try to open a Word 2007 document containing a Word 2007 equation (not the older type of equations) I see a dialog box that says that Word 2007 equations are not supported in Word 2008, that the equations will be preserved so that they will be visible if re-opened in Word 2007, but will "displ...

Column chart
I have a column chart. the value of one colulmn is 800 and other is 1000 units. I want to show 2 columns between the space of column A (800) and column B (1000) showing the growth of 100 units + 100 units (constituting 200 units difference between 800 and 1000). How can I do this in excel? ...

How To Change Fonts In Multiple Charts in a Workbook?
I have a workbook with approx 120 charts spread out over 30 worksheets. Each worksheet has 4 charts on it. Each of the 4 charts has different data and Values. I would like them all to have the same fonts (made the mistake of no checkin when I produced the charts originaly ) but the X axis an coloring is different in each of the 4 charts. I have tried copying th "formats" but this changes everying in the chart but the data itself. Is there a macro to help with this or possibly something easier that am over looking? Thank -- Cwee ------------------------------------------------...

HELP!!!!!!!!!! VBA charts
Hi! I need help with a program in Excell 2000. I have inserted a Chart Space in an userform in VBA (Microsoft Office Chart 9.0) Then, I started to write the code for the chart, like this: Private Sub ChartSpace1_DataSetChange() End Sub Sub CreateChart() Dim Chart1 As WCChart Dim Series1 As WCSeries Dim r As Integer Dim XValues(1 To 23) Dim DataValues(1 To 23) ChartSpace1.Clear ' Add a graph to ChartSpace1 Set Chart1 = ChartSpace1.Charts.Add ' Give it a title With Chart1 HasTitle = True If OptionButton1 Then Title.Caption = Cells(1, 3) ElseIf OptionButton2 Then Title.Caption = Cell...

Unable to see custom Ad-Ins ribbon tab in Excel 2007 + Windows 7
Worked fine in Excel 2007 on XP. This ad in file just links to several frequently used macros. It has been enabled via Excel Options/Ad-Ins, the location of the .xla file is trusted and I get no errors when it is opened. Macro security is set to notify and disable, but I do not get that message when opening the .xla. Is there some setting I am missing when dealing with Windows 7 and macros / VB? ...

Linking Visio chart with excel database?
I have created an organizational chart in visio 2003 and am now attempting to link it back to the excel document. I tried using both the database wizard and the link to database under visio extras, but no success. I cannot even get all the way through the wizard. It will not allow me to define a table to link the document to, and says that the connection has failed. Do i need the ODBC tool? Is excel compliant? Please help! Hi Devin, If you start with Visio's Org Chart Wizard template, there's a wizard that helps you to link various database types to an actual Org Chart featu...

Templates 04-07-10
I have downloaded a template but it does not appear in the designs of Powerpoint. Please help. Thanks PowerPoint 2007 Try this:- Office Button / New / New Presentation window should open with Blank and recent highlighted in orange on the left hand side / check the Recently Used Templates on the right hand side to see if the one that you have downloaded is in there. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Shanghaisuze" wrote: > I have downloaded a template but it does not appear in the designs of > Powerpoint. Please help. Thanks ...

Text boxes, pouring into --Publisher 2007
I am copying text from Word 2007 and putting it in Publisher 2007. I have created text boxes on the pages I want the overflow to flow into, but when I link and pour, text boxes are created within the text box I have. These text boxes are very wide and not very high. How can I get Publisher to pour into the text box I want without it creating new ones? Follow-up. This link below links to a guy who was trying to do what I do NOT want Publisher to do. In that thread, everyone said he couldn't do it. "Linda" wrote: > I am copying text from Word 2007 and puttin...

Run program on save/close
I wrote a VC EXE to set environment variables (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment). I'd like to call that app when closing/saving (either would be OK) a particular Excel file, supplying, as command line parameters, the values in two (formulaic) cells. Can a script/macro be associated with closing/saving a document and can I do that with a script/macro? I'm no good at VB so some code would be appreciated. Thanks. -- - Vince I assume you wrote the VC program that excepts two aruguents arg(1) and arg(2) with arg(0) being the file name. You would use a shell method in VBA. th...

I have been saving a story on my Notes(in outlook) as one big fil.
I have treid double clicking and it says " can't open the item.out of memory or system resources. close some windows and programmes and try again" and I have treid closing all programmes other than outlook and still get the same message,I have treid sending it to my other e-maiol as attachment and I can't get it from that e-mail on other side,can you help please. ...

Too Many Headings, Values for Chart Feature To Handle???
I'm having problems setting up a chart with the following headings (see below). The Chart Wizard will only let me select so many headings (& values). If I CTRL - click one heading too many, the list field window clears and shows the last cell selected. Any ideas what's happening here? Column Headings: Aerosol, Art, Batch, Bulk, Dykem, Mark-Tex ,Outsource, Quality, R&D, Receiving, Scrubs, Shipping, WHC Colimn Subheadings: DEV, NCP Row Headings: BATCHING CODING FILLING HANDLING HAZCOM IMPROVEMENT INVENTORY LABEL DEFECT PACKAGE DEFECT RAW MATERIAL RECEIVING ...

dynamic ranges for charting
I saw another post with a similare title, but there was not enough info in there to tell me if I am trying the same thing. I want to have a column of data. Depending on the values in the column, I will automatically calculate start and end rows for the data I want to graph. If I paste in a new set of values, my formula to calculate the start and end would automatically update and I would lkike the chart to automatically update too. I was able to create a single cell with an OFFSET() statement that determines the position and height and width of my data to be graphed. When I created a ...

Interesting Web blog on Excel charting obsessions
From http://www.dashes.com/anil/2004/04/22/excel_pile "Excel Pile" "Most of the people I know are geeks, and some large number of geeks are obsessive to one degree or another. (This can be verified by anyone who's ever mumbled "Asperger's..." under their breath while watching me arrange my Windows desktop.) "Perhaps the ultimate example of this sort of dorkiness is the fact that almost every one of my friends has, at one point or another, made at least one Excel spreadsheet to document some arcane aspect of their lives. The number of consecutive sunny d...

saving a publisher file as a pdf
My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher file as a pdf. How do I do this mlclark25 wrote: > My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher > file as a pdf. How do I do this ============================ Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and select PrimoPDF as your printer. Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen and you can browse to a save folder. When...

Templates and Text help please.
Hi folks, another stupid question lol. Am trying to figure how to make a template that has a different font from the heading. ie. Item Name:(here would be the item name in a different font). Notes:(more text in a different font). Both the headings would remain unchangeable with the user only being able to input text in the bracketed areas. Sounds like you need a protected form? For general information on protected forms (or "online" forms as Microsoft likes to call them), see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm. The article, as well as the ...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Colouring area under curve in a scatter chart?
I am using Excel 2003 and have a scatter chart with several series. I would like to fill the area under each series with a different colour. Does anyone know a way to do this? The chart in question can be found here. It is not easily reproducible as an area chart. http://www.edferrero.com/Content/Scatter_Pyramid.xls Apologies for cross-posting this, my three-week old laptop had a major drive failure today, so I have spent most of the day trying to recover data files (successfully) and trying to format the OS partition (unsuccessfully). I must be a little tired now... Ed Ferrero One ...

How to stop acces from saving the record
Hi I am using main form and subform and when I focus on the sub form Access saves the record and I need to know how to stop acces from saving the record when the subform is on focus? I understand that I need to unbound the main form and then bound it on before update event. I tried this code but I get some errors. On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("tblWhatever", dbOpenDynaset) With rst .AddNew !WhateverID = Me.txtWhateverID !FirstName = Me.tx...

2007 Access Reports
I just moved up to 2007 from 2003. How do you get rid of the calculated fields that appeared on my reports?? ...

Problem with Outlook 2007 and RSS feeds from Firefox 2.0.0.12
I can not get this to work correctly. In IE 7 if I click on an RSS feed icon, IE will ask if I want to subscribe to the feed and if I do it adds the feed to the Outlook bar (just like Outlook 2007's directions say it should work). Using the same technique in Firefox, Outlook shows me the HTML behind the feed OR in the case of any RSS from the NY Times - it comes up as a page not found error. If I do a copy/paste into the account setup tab for RSS in Outlook I can make this work but I don't understand why there is such a hassle to get this done in Firefox EXPECIALLY when Firefox asks ...

Word and PowerPoint Freezing / Locking up
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For the past week or so, I have been having problems with Word docs and PowerPoint presentations locking my system up. It seems like it has been happening since the last update, and may be associated with "Save". I have had to force quit, rename files, make copies and even hard power down my mac. This is beginning to drive me nuts and is wasting a lot of time. Any advice? Anyone else having similar problems? ...