Saving Chart Names in Excel 2007

I saved an XLS file as an XLSX file without performing a conversion.  After
making changes to the workbook, the chart names will not save, they just
revery back to the default "Chart1", "Chart2", etc. names.

I followed these steps to change the names to no avail:
When you create charts, Microsoft Office Excel assigns a default name to
each chart by using the following naming convention: Chart1, Chart2, and so
on. However, you can change the name of each chart to make it more meaningful
to you.

Click the chart that you want to rename.
This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs.

On the Layout tab, in the Properties group, click the Chart Name text box.
 Tip   You may have to click the Properties icon in the Properties group to
expand the group.

Type a new name.
Press ENTER.

Any idea on how to save the names properly?

Thanks,
Brett

Hi,

It works for me.  What name are you giving the charts?

I did the following
1. Selected the chart
2. Choose Design, Layout, Properties group, clicked in the Chart Name box
and
3. Typed TestChart and pressed Enter (which doesn't seem to be necessary.)

I see the name in the Chart Name box and in the Name Box when the chart is
selected.   To see it in the Name Box I need to change the selection or it
will not refresh the display.

I don not find any place on the Format tab where this is displayed?

If this is helpful, please click the Yes button

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Brett Erlandson" <BrettErlandson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:265F3AB0-8612-45A0-82B1-D9DAC4CA5C61@microsoft.com...
> I saved an XLS file as an XLSX file without performing a conversion.
> After
> making changes to the workbook, the chart names will not save, they just
> revery back to the default "Chart1", "Chart2", etc. names.
>
> I followed these steps to change the names to no avail:
> When you create charts, Microsoft Office Excel assigns a default name to
> each chart by using the following naming convention: Chart1, Chart2, and
> so
> on. However, you can change the name of each chart to make it more
> meaningful
> to you.
>
> Click the chart that you want to rename.
> This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs.
>
> On the Layout tab, in the Properties group, click the Chart Name text box.
> Tip   You may have to click the Properties icon in the Properties group to
> expand the group.
>
> Type a new name.
> Press ENTER.
>
> Any idea on how to save the names properly?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

learning Excel #3

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail