Saving chart as an image file

I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then
save it as an image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it
on a website. How do I do this?

Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data
labels? I want to change them from the default (numbers)
to my own description for each slice.

0
krusade (1)

Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for
exporting a chart in gif format:

     http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008

To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart
Labeler. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site:

             http://www.appspro.com/utilities/Labeler.asp

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/2/2004 9:15:53 PM
Rob's site is misbehaving lately, but you can find his addin in the MVP
section of Stephen Bullen's site:

     http://bmsltd.co.uk

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for
> exporting a chart in gif format:
>
>     http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008
>
> To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart
> Labeler. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site:
>
>             http://www.appspro.com/utilities/Labeler.asp
>

> Kevin Lauer wrote:
>
>> I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then save it as an
>> image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it on a website. How do I do this?
>>
>> Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data labels? I
>> want to change them from the default (numbers) to my own description
>> for each slice.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Automatic save with csv-extension
I'm using Office 97 at my work. Normally, the following code will save worksheet to a csv-extension. But....VisBas stops at the 3th line wit a run-time error '438'. What's the correct code or what am I doin wrong ? Sub export_csv() ActiveSheet.Copy ActiveWorkbook.SavesAs FileName:="C:\upload.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV CreateBackup:=False ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Gestron, "SavesAs." Typo. Should be SaveAs. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --------------...

chart formatted for Weeks, not Days
I am trying to graph some data in Excel 2002 SP3. Column A contains dates (1 date every 7 days) and Columns B through Z the actual data. On my graph I wish to change to eliminate the extra spaces between data points because every day is displayed, not just the weekly dates entered. The only options in the Format Axis I can find are Days, Months, Years. Where is the Weekly option ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ! ...

Worksheet disappear when saving on shared workbook
Im Using Excel 2000 SP3, when i try to copy a cells from another workbook and paste it on the shared workbook, the worksheet of the shared workbook disappeared after saving it. Please help. ...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

changing the delimiter while saving as txt file
Dear Experts, is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. Thanks in advance Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:845d01c48520$92fc1c20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear Experts, > > is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab > characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. > > Thanks in advance And some more links... Maybe you can steal some cod...

need to find the file that Outlook emails are stored in
there is one file that contains all the outlook email and information. i need help to find it. also, how can i view Hidden Files? thanks arthur Open Windows Explorer and select Tools | Folder Options. Select Show Hidden Files and Folders and uncheck the option to hide protected operating system files. OK out and open the search panel (f3). If you are using Windows XP, you need to configure the search to look for hidden items. If all goes right, you should find your *.pst file(s) under \documents and settings\<userid>\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. -- Neo [...

Purge data based on another Excel file???
I am attempting to purge data from a large list based on data in another document. I have the files I want to remaove in on file and the file I want to remove them from. There should be simple way to do this no? ...

Can't open many XLS files at once
I have Excel 2000 and Win XP pro. I used to be able to highlight many XLS files in Explorer, right click, choose open and all the highlighted files would open in Excel with the different xls files on my task bar. I can still do this on my W98 computer, but I can only open one file at a time on my Win XP computer. If I double click on a 2nd XLS file the 2nd XLS file opens and the first file closes. I tried the run excel.exe /regserv fix but this did not solve the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this for Win XP? Thanks Dennis Hi maybe: Tools - Options - General and uncheck 'Ig...

Access corrupt files DBF?
Access corrupt files DBF? "Frank Dulk" <fdulk@bol.com.br> wrote: >Access corrupt files DBF? What is your question? I see you're from Brazil. Have you asked your question in the Portuguese Access newsgroup? microsoft.public.pt.access. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ "Frank D...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

A question regarding coordinates of points within a chart
Can anyone explain how x-y coordinates for points within a chart can be accessed via a mousemove event? I realize this will require quite a bit of coding, but I would like a little comment box to appear for any given point on an X-Y scatter I have. The data set consists of around 27000 points, and I would like the mousemove event to trigger a lookup into a table that contains a fairly lengthy descripion of each point. Wazooli Wazooli, Take a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events . . . http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 then, take a look at this post ...

Write a tool to generate a PST file with the same structure as old
I will migrate 1000+ users to Exchange 2010 and those users are using OL 2003 and OL2007. To help them migrate more smoothly, I will provide a tool for them to generate PST file with the same structure as an old PST file. Is it possible? How to begin this idea? Thanks, Sam Have you looked at ExMerge? If you are copying a PST file, why do you need to create a copy instead of just using the original PST file? -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO and MAPI Developer Tool - "PST TOOL" <PST TOOL@discussions.microsoft....

Publisher/Word auto saving to C Drive
I teach in a computer Lab and when students are editing text using Publisher, it takes them to Word andafter editing they close Word, I get a "Permission Error . . C drive." When I do it on my computer (has some admin. privileges) it works. How and where does one change where Word 'appears' to automatically save? AND/OR Can this be changed without giving all students Administrative Privileges? Thanks. ...

Bubble Charts
Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)? The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when presenting two series on the same chart. For example, one series could be the default circle, another a triangle. I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced charting capabilities. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Joel Hi, Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker. Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of colour and border. Copy...

Official name of the File Selection Part of CFileDialog
I want to know the official name of the file selection portion of the CFileDialog. I also want to know how this is implemented, is there a special kind of ListBox that can do multiple columns? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:Kw%3h.10768$IC.9812@newsfe21.lga... >I want to know the official name of the file selection portion of the >CFileDialog. I also want to know how this is implemented, is there a >special kind of ListBox that can do multiple columns? List-View http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/list...

EXCEL 2007
I have a GIS application which uses .dbf files (not sure if they are actually Dbase files). When I need to append data (fields) to the files, I have a big problem in that excel 2007 no longer allows save as / export to .dbf files. If I try bring the data in MS Access and save as .dbf files, I have untold problems with the GIS application... The only way I have been successful with this is to find a user with an older version of excel, insert the data as database columns and then save as .dbf Any suggestions as to how I can get around this with out purchasing a converter? ...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Can Money Deluxe 2006 Read Money Premium File
Can Money Deluxe 2006 read/write a Money Premium 2006 file? Thanks. Bob Mc. In microsoft.public.money, Bob Mc <Bob Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can Money Deluxe 2006 read/write a Money Premium 2006 file? Yes. ...

How to playing AVI file....
Hi Could anybody please let me know how to play an "AVI" file in MFC Dialog base application. Thanks in advance.... Mujtaba Look at codeproject/codeguru for samples: http://www.codeproject.com/audio/mp3player.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mujtaba" <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8f4f92aa.0502112151.53cecfc9@posting.google.com... > Hi > > Could anybody please let me know how to play an "AVI" file in MFC > Dialog base application. > > Thanks in advance.... > > Mujtaba You can use a CAnimate...

CFtpFileFind::FindNextFile() can't get the correct file name.
Once I want to get file from HP-UX by FTP. I use MFC CFtpFileFind to find the files under a specified directory in HP-UX, but the return value of CFtpFileFind::GetFileName () is not the correct file name, it includes time (sometimes and date) ahead, such as: 19:30 Mydemofile001.txt 19:35 Mydemofile002.txt but the real file name existed are only Mydemofile001.txt and Mydemofile002.txt. Is there any problem in the low level encapsulated by MFC for FTP list files? Could anyone give me some advice? Thank you. ...

Distributing Mulit-Event ICS file
I would like to email a file to my group, have them click it, and have it update their calendars in Outlook with multiple events. Is this possible? Thanks, Andrew It depends on their version of Outlook. Older versions of Outlook can't use multievent ics files. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE...

Outlook crashes when attacthing files over the network
Hi, A user at my company tries to attach documents etc on a netowrk share. Everytime she goes to do this, Outlook just closes. She's running Outlook 2000 Premium with SPK3 installed. Any idea's? Thanks Lee ...

Wanting to grab group of files and PkZip them.
I have an excel file that has two columns, Code and Filename. i.e. CODE Filename Abc 123456.txt Abc 123457.txt Def 123458.txt Def 123459.txt Etc… I would like to be able to select all files with a specific Code and have them zipped into a file that is named the same as the Code. i.e. Abc.zip would contain 123456.txt & 123457.txt AND Def.zip would contain 123458.txt & 123459.txt The file names are actually quite random but they are associated with specific codes according to this Excel file. I am creating an Access form that will allow users to browse to the Excel...

Inserted sound files won't play
I've seen this reported a few times on Google Groups but no definitive solution: I have PowerPoint 2003 I have inserted a .wav sound into slide 2 of my presentation I clicked Insert>Movies and Sounds>Sound from file In the Browse window, the sound won't even play in Media Player if I right-click it and choose Play From Explorer the same sound file plays fine I have tried converting the sound into other formats such as MP3 I have tried different sound files The icon appears in the slideshow but doesn't play I have set it to play 999 times and not to stop when clicked I have...

How to stop a file from opening when XL starts?
Hi, This isn't as easy as you may think. I'm running XL2003 on Windows XP home and have a strange problem. When I start XL it opens with a file named chart 1 gif 1.gif. I have looked in the XLSTART folder but there's nothing in there, I do not have anything in the folder to open files from upon starting XL either. I have searched my hard drives for a file named as such without luck. While testing I tried saving the file as chart 1 gif 1.guf to see if I could find out where it was stored unsuccessfully, so now I get both of those files opening each time I start XL, but their is n...