Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table.  I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows.  Any
ideas?
0
adodson (8)

Hi adodson
See if the article at
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php
does what you want.

Regards,
Pedro J.

> I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
> pivot table.  I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows.  Any
> ideas?
Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too.  However, I set that option
and don't receive the total.

Can you think of anything else that might cause this?

"Infinitogool" wrote:

> Hi adodson
> See if the article at
> http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php
> does what you want.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro J.
>
> > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
> > pivot table.  I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows.  Any
> > ideas?

0
adodson (8)
7/30/2008 11:14:06 PM
You'll see grand totals for rows if you have a field in the Columns
area, with multiple items.
If you don't have column fields, you won't see row totals.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/31/2008 3:46:16 AM
I am having the same problem as adodson. I have data from a survey given to
students and I want to create a scale. I have the averages of the questions
in my scale with a row for each class (i.e. freshmen, sophomore, etc.) I want
the row totals to show up because that would be the scale average for each
class. I have turned on row grand totals in the design menu and in the pivot
table options menu but they just won't show up.
Do you know why this is????
I am using Office 2007 Professional Edition with service pack 2

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> You'll see grand totals for rows if you have a field in the Columns
> area, with multiple items.
> If you don't have column fields, you won't see row totals.
>
> adodson wrote:
> > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
> > pivot table.  I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows.  Any
> > ideas?
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures
> www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

0
CDtfc (6)
5/22/2009 1:52:08 PM
In your source data, do you have a separate column for each class, or
are all the responses in the same column?
Can you describe how your source data is set up, and where each field is
placed in the pivot table?

CD@tfc wrote:
> I am having the same problem as adodson. I have data from a survey given to
> students and I want to create a scale. I have the averages of the questions
> in my scale with a row for each class (i.e. freshmen, sophomore, etc.) I want
> the row totals to show up because that would be the scale average for each
> class. I have turned on row grand totals in the design menu and in the pivot
> table options menu but they just won't show up.
> Do you know why this is????
> I am using Office 2007 Professional Edition with service pack 2
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>You'll see grand totals for rows if you have a field in the Columns
>>area, with multiple items.
>>If you don't have column fields, you won't see row totals.
>>
>>adodson wrote:
>>
>>>I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
>>>pivot table.  I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows.  Any
>>>ideas?
>>

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Contextures
>>www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>>Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/30/2009 7:55:48 PM
My data is set up so that each row represents a respondent's answers and each
column represents a question asked. The class designation is a question so it
is all represented in one column.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> In your source data, do you have a separate column for each class, or
> are all the responses in the same column?
> Can you describe how your source data is set up, and where each field is
> placed in the pivot table?
>

> CD@tfc wrote:
> > I am having the same problem as adodson. I have data from a survey given to
> > students and I want to create a scale. I have the averages of the questions
> > in my scale with a row for each class (i.e. freshmen, sophomore, etc.) I want
> > the row totals to show up because that would be the scale average for each
> > class. I have turned on row grand totals in the design menu and in the pivot
> > table options menu but they just won't show up.
> > Do you know why this is????
> > I am using Office 2007 Professional Edition with service pack 2
> >
> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>You'll see grand totals for rows if you have a field in the Columns
> >>area, with multiple items.
> >>If you don't have column fields, you won't see row totals.

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Contextures
> >>www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>Blog: http://blog.contextures.com
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures
> www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

0
CDtfc (6)
6/1/2009 2:36:01 PM
If every question is in a separate column in the source data, then
you're adding them to the pivot table as separate fields in the data area.
Because they're separate fields, the Row Grand Total won't calculate
their total.
You could create a calculated field with a formula to sum them.

CD@tfc wrote:
> My data is set up so that each row represents a respondent's answers and each
> column represents a question asked. The class designation is a question so it
> is all represented in one column.
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>In your source data, do you have a separate column for each class, or
>>are all the responses in the same column?
>>Can you describe how your source data is set up, and where each field is
>>placed in the pivot table?
>>

>>CD@tfc wrote:
>>
>>>I am having the same problem as adodson. I have data from a survey given to
>>>students and I want to create a scale. I have the averages of the questions
>>>in my scale with a row for each class (i.e. freshmen, sophomore, etc.) I want
>>>the row totals to show up because that would be the scale average for each
>>>class. I have turned on row grand totals in the design menu and in the pivot
>>>table options menu but they just won't show up.
>>>Do you know why this is????
>>>I am using Office 2007 Professional Edition with service pack 2

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Contextures
>>www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>>Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/1/2009 5:58:29 PM
I've been having the same problem. I think the report format template makes a
difference. There are "Indented" and "Non-Indented" formats. If you selected
Autoformat and chose a report template, the row summary functionality does
not seem to work with Indented templates (formats referred to as Report 1-10).

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> If every question is in a separate column in the source data, then
> you're adding them to the pivot table as separate fields in the data area.
> Because they're separate fields, the Row Grand Total won't calculate
> their total.
> You could create a calculated field with a formula to sum them.
>
> CD@tfc wrote:
> > My data is set up so that each row represents a respondent's answers and each
> > column represents a question asked. The class designation is a question so it
> > is all represented in one column.
> >
> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>In your source data, do you have a separate column for each class, or
> >>are all the responses in the same column?
> >>Can you describe how your source data is set up, and where each field is
> >>placed in the pivot table?

> >>--
> >>Debra Dalgleish
> >>Contextures
> >>www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>Blog: http://blog.contextures.com
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures
> www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

0
iron924 (1)

How can I choose non consecutive column/row data to display a char
Could someone tell me how I could choose data in say, column A & Column C to be displayed on the same chart ? I am dealing with the same header (months) but different data fields in columns B to Z. I would like to display charts by selecting column A & then each of the subsequent columns individually, rather that pasting the data of A after each column. ...

Insert Multiple Rows #4
I am working with a spreadsheet that has about 1000 rows of data in it. I need to insert 14 rows between each current record. I know this can be done using a numbering system and then sorting the page, but I am having trouble getting excel to recognize the counting pattern. Any help would be great. -- ucf1020 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ucf1020's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17055 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480678 Edited to meet your needs; originally f...

Most Right Value in a Row
In another post, I was taught how to populate a cell with the last value of a column. How do I populate a cell with the last value of a selected row? I appreciate your help. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A50000<>""),A1:A5000) "SanCarlosCyclist" <sancarloscyclist@gmail.com> wrote in message news:293ba1c5-4e63-45e9-80d5-867014aaf966@b36g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > In another post, I was taught how to populate a cell with the last > value of a column. How do I populate a cell with the last value of a > selected row? I appreciate your help. And for a r...

Reading multiple values from another table.
I have a table with general information in it such as Subject, Reference Rumber, Comments. I would like to have another table with Company Reference and Responsibility. So when I create a new record including Subject and Reference Number, I could look up values from the second table to fill in multiple instances of Company Reference and Responsibility. A better example would be a form to order pizza. The main form would contain name, address, Size and type of pizza. Then from the same form, you would look up toppings from a seperate table to add multiple toppings to each instance of a pizza. ...

multiple records into 1 row
hi i have my data organized in a table like this, pID itemType and i might have records like this in the table 11 Chart 11 Picture 11 Text 12 Chart 12 Text What kind of query do i need to implement to get the data in the following form: pID Chart Picture Text and the previous data would transform into 11 yes yes yes 12 yes no yes Thanks Take a look at "crosstab queries" Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "AloneDel" <AloneDel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E166EAE-F823-4349-...

Color of active drop-down arrow to the field name in the header row
The color of the active filter drop-down arrow is a deep blue which is difficult to identify from the inactive black ones. How do I change the color of the drop-down arrow? I've never seen a way. Margo wrote: > > The color of the active filter drop-down arrow is a deep blue which is difficult to identify from the inactive black ones. How do I change the color of the drop-down arrow? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Saved and Closed a Data Table; When Reopen Data is Out of Order
I entered data on an Access table and closed it to save. When I reopened it, the data was out of the order that it was in when I saved it. Why? How do I prevent this? This is an important question. Think of a table as a big bucket where you throw data in. It really has no order, and there is no guarantee it will ever come out in the order you put it in. If you want it ordered, you must provide a way to do this. A common approach is to add an AutoNumber field, and make it the primary key. Since the autonumber increments as you use it, and Access displays records in primary key order...

Counting Numbers of Rows
I have several excel spreadsheets that list the contents of a drive by file name, path, size of file, extension and a few other things. I can sort the file extension column to see a general list of the files of each type but I was wondering if there is a simple way to (1) list all the different file extensions that I have in a column and (2) count them up and list that number. It's almost like a summary report which would appear like this: Extension Number of docs ..doc 446 ..ppt 103 ..htm 734 etc. etc. etc. I can always clean up the sheet but am...

Freezing Header Row
Hello, I am trying to freeze the first row of an Excel Worksheet using VB. I have tried many different codes and none of them work, I have been getting Null Exception Errors. Here is a piece of code that I am trying to use to freeze the first row. objxloutsheet = objxloutwbook.ActiveSheet Dim FP As Excel.Window objxloutsheet.Range("A1, Z1").Select() FP.FreezePanes() = True I am also not sure on how to select the first row in the FP.FreezePanes() = True line. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance. Hi Try this: Range("A2").Select ...

Three different fields in one record referencing to three different records in another table
Hi. I have TableA and TableB TableA has 3 fields where types of file extensions (for different purpose) are supposed to be stored. Table B has many extension type strings for these TableA three fields (.tif, .jpg, .pdf, .gif, etc). 3 combo boxes refer to Table B to get and store TableB keys in TableA appropriated fields. When I set up table retaionship, Acces 'creates' also TableB_1 and TableB_2 and show a diagram where two other similar to tabelB tables show up. So long so good. I can create records in TableA having chosen, for each different file purpose, the respective extens...

Highlight Rows
Is there a way to program an expression close to... If cell in column E equals string of text "Pending", select entire row and change background color/patern to yellow? Hi, Conditional formatting. Select the row(s) to which this applies then Format|Conditional format - Select 'Formula is' from the dropdown and enter the formula =$E2="Pending" Click Format and on the 'Pattern' tab and choose yellow. OK Note that you should change the 2 to the top row of your selection -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt th...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

Tables
> Hi > > I want to know if someone have the list of tables and what it is stored on > each one. Thanks What's you want? and What exactly your question is? the CRM SDK (downloadable from the MSFT download site) has a complete schema description. Dave "pepe" <pepe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4D98613-C46A-4724-ACD7-977B949243C8@microsoft.com... >> Hi >> >> I want to know if someone have the list of tables and what it is stored >> on >> each one. > > Thanks > dave, I looked but couldn't ...

Bullshit error message
Hi I am trying to run the following code: - Dim db As Database Dim RST_Out As Recordset '#### the results table TTEMP_CampaignRunResults Dim RST_IN As Recordset '#### the Campaign Customer TM_CampaignCustomers Dim INT_Count As Integer '#### this holds the count of how many records are added '####################################################################################################################### '#### this is the final bit where we place all the records selected by the queries into the cam...

how can i select every nth row?
I need to select every 10th row in a list of 35,000 email addresses to come up with 3,500 for a survey. Thanks for any help Hi in B1 enter: =--(MOD(ROW()-1,10)=0) and copy down for all rows. After this select this range and copy it. Insert it with 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' Now apply a filter and filter all rows with a '1' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany garycgreen wrote: > I need to select every 10th row in a list of 35,000 email addresses > to come up with 3,500 for a survey. Thanks for any help Not to rain on your parade, but doesn't your...

Formatting a table
hello The detail section of my report has vertical and horizontal lines so that my values are printed in a table. This works fine. But, I want to always print a few blank table rows at the end of each report. If there are 20 lines of actual data, I'd like my table to show 22 rows. Is there an easy way to do this? -- cinnie cinnie, Since your grid is in the Detail Section, you should be able to "hardwire" 2 more blank grid rows into the next Footer section. For example... let's say the 22 rows are values from 2007. If you add a group footer for Year, it wi...

Insert Table with Tab Key
How can I disable this function to be able to insert normal Tab stops with the Tab key? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How can I disable this function to be able to insert normal Tab stops with > the Tab key? 1. not possible 2. workaround: http://blogs.msdn.com/olya_veselova/archive/2008/04/07/workaround-for-turning-off-the-tab-key-creating-a-table-instead-of-a-regular-tab-in-onenote.aspx Bernd ...

How do I write the print date on data row?
Hi, I need to run a report once a month. When I run that report, I select all unprinted record / row and print them on the report. When I print the record / row I want to date stamp the row with the Report's print month (Jan-2009, Feb-2009, etc). This will do two things for me. One, this field will flag that the row has been printed. And two, I can recreate any prior month report by select all rows with that month's "print month". I know I can run a Update Query before the report is run, but then I don't know for a fact the that record was printed...

Report Total
I am using an evaluation copy of MS Money Plus Deluxe Trial. I am thinking of converting from Quicken. I have created a report, but I don't see how to get sub-totals or totals. How do I do that? I don't see the option. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Buck Turgidson wrote: >I am using an evaluation copy of MS Money Plus Deluxe Trial. I am thinking >of converting from Quicken. I have created a report, but I don't see how to >get sub-totals or totals. > >How do I do that? I don't see the option. For more selection, you probably want to switch to ...

Change of Row event
I want to trigger an event when the row is changed as opposed to a cell. How would I do this? i.e. I'm on row 12. I make a change to the B column, then tab to the C column. After entering data in C, I tab over to F and enter more data. I don't want the event to trigger until I click another row or hit the Enter key. Hi you would us ealso the worksheet_change event and check if anything within your row is changed. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "crazybass2" <crazybass2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:30E0DA95-56B0-4578-9810-...

Fill cells increment row number i fomula
Hi.. I have to link two cells, where the original cells is 25 rows apart. How can I in the recieving spreadsheet copy down with 25 rows increment in formula. If A1: =sheet1!$KE$1 and A2: =sheet1!$KE$26 I want to fill this down in such way that A3: =sheet1!$KE$51 and A4: =sheet1!$KE$76 and so on. So you see, in sheet1 the data is 25 rows apart, while in sheet2 the value should come in every cell in the row. I'm not talking about the fill function which seems to refer to the value of the cell only, and not the formula. Is this possible? -- Kind regards �yvind Granberg tresfjo...

Rows of data, using status columns to sort data to pie chart on another worksheet tab
Hi there, 1. I have 50 rows of data. There are many columns, but, there is one status column that I use to group the rows of data into relationships. I would like to build individual charts based on the status column. So, if I say these items are part of "Group A", information from those rows that are "Group A" will automatically show up on a chart on the "Group A" worksheet tab pie chart. I will have "Group A", "Group B", "Group C" pie charts on seperate worksheet tabs. Now, I want to move an item from "Group A" to ...

Transpose multiple Columns to rows
Hi, I know if I have few columns I can transpose it to rows by using the function "Transpose". But if I have hundreds of columns that content the same information, how can I transfer them to Rows. Please see the sample below. Name MICRO ABRASIVES CORP. City WESTFIELD Address 720 SOUTHAMPTON RD., PO BOX 669 Zip Code 01086-0669 Region MA Tel (413) 562-3641- Fax (413) 562-7409- Name FINISHING SOLUTIONS INC. City WESTFIELD Address 103 SERVISTAR INDUSTRIAL WAY Zip Code 1085 Region MA Tel (413) 568-3765- Fax (413) 572-4088- ...

Repeat Rows at Top Problem
I developed an application for Excel that uses "Rows to repeat at top" (for the header in a table) in the event the report being printed has multiple pages. It has worked fine. However, a user recently reported she has a report with just one page and is getting the header (the "row to repeat at top") printed over the footer on page one. Any ideas why? Is there something in an Excel setting that must be changed? TIA Jim Kobzeff Their program might be resetting the "page margins" (her default page margins might be .75 Inches while yours are set at .5 inche...

Print 16 entries per page with sub totals & totals
I have a list of say 100 entries that contain the following: Account# Name Amount I need to be able to print a subset of those entries with 16 entries per page with a sub-total on each page and a grand total at the end. Using autofilters I can select the subset of the data I want to print. Since the entries can change I'd rather not have to manually set up new fields to use the sub- total function since it would be prone to user errors whenever the information changes. I've currently got the data segregated on multiple worksheets with manual page breaks and manual su...