Rounded Corners in Excel 2007 Not Working?!?!

Hi,

I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007:

I make a chart
I right click on Char Area
I Select Format Chart Area
A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections:
- Fill
- Border Color
- Border Styles
- Shadow
- 3-D Format

I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue

I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles
and the following options are available:
- Width
- Compound Type
- Cap Type (drop down menu)
- Join Type (drop down menu)
- Arrow Settings

I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
- Square
- Round
- Flat

I select Round

I click Join Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
- Round
- Bevel
- Miter

I select Round

Nothing happens to my chart! The chart corners are as sharp as ever.
Anyone know WTF is going on???

--
Kulprit

Rounded corners are not exposed through the user interface in Excel 2007. You
can still get rounded corners on a chart through the Visual Basic object
model.

The code to use follows a format similar to one of two below:

Sheets("Sheet1").DrawingObjects("Chart 1").RoundedCorners = True
Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).RoundedCorners = True

--
Thanks,
Christopher

"Kulprit" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007:
>

> I make a chart
> I right click on Char Area
> I Select Format Chart Area
> A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections:
> - Fill
> - Border Color
> - Border Styles
> - Shadow
> - 3-D Format
>
> I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue
>
> I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles
> and the following options are available:
> - Width
> - Compound Type
> - Cap Type (drop down menu)
> - Join Type (drop down menu)
> - Arrow Settings
>
> I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
> - Square
> - Round
> - Flat
>
> I select Round
>
> I click Join Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
> - Round
> - Bevel
> - Miter
>
> I select Round
>
> Nothing happens to my chart! The chart corners are as sharp as ever.
> Anyone know WTF is going on???
>

> --
> Kulprit

0
chscott1 (27)
4/13/2008 12:37:01 AM
Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your help. I find it very difficult to belive that
Rounded Corners are not exposed through the UI in excel 2007. Why would
they make such a great function unaccessible, let alone by VB code.

Please check this link:
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2007/excel2007s3p7.html

They seem to be able to make it work through the UI. Why can't I?!?!?!

Hopelessly desperate,
Bora

--
Kulprit
Hmm. I didn't realize the rounded corner checkbox was still in there.

I wonder if you are formatting the wrong thing. The article you refer to
says you should be looking for "Line" category in the dialog, not "Border
style".  Make sure you have the entire Chart Area selected, not the plot area
or something else.  The dialog should be titled "Format Chart Area".   I'll
have to check on my own machine tomorrow.

--
Thanks,
Christopher

"Kulprit" wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> Thank you for your help. I find it very difficult to belive that
> Rounded Corners are not exposed through the UI in excel 2007. Why would
> they make such a great function unaccessible, let alone by VB code.
>
> Please check this link:
> http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2007/excel2007s3p7.html
>
> They seem to be able to make it work through the UI. Why can't I?!?!?!
>

> Hopelessly desperate,
> Bora
>

> 'Christopher Scott [MSFT Wrote:
> > ;2720693']Rounded corners are not exposed through the user interface in
> > Excel 2007. You
> > can still get rounded corners on a chart through the Visual Basic
> > object
> > model.
> >
> > The code to use follows a format similar to one of two below:
> >
> > Sheets("Sheet1").DrawingObjects("Chart 1").RoundedCorners = True
> > Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).RoundedCorners = True
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Christopher

> > rights.
> >

> > "Kulprit" wrote:
> > -
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007:
> >

> > I make a chart
> > I right click on Char Area
> > I Select Format Chart Area
> > A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections:
> > - Fill
> > - Border Color
> > - Border Styles
> > - Shadow
> > - 3-D Format
> >
> > I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue
> >
> > I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles
> > and the following options are available:
> > - Width
> > - Compound Type
> > - Cap Type (drop down menu)
> > - Join Type (drop down menu)
> > - Arrow Settings
> >
> > I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
> > - Square
> > - Round
> > - Flat
> >
> > I select Round
> >
> > I click Join Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
> > - Round
> > - Bevel
> > - Miter
> >
> > I select Round
> >
> > Nothing happens to my chart! The chart corners are as sharp as ever.
> > Anyone know WTF is going on???
> >

> > --
> > Kulprit
> > -
>

> --
> Kulprit

0
chscott1 (27)
4/13/2008 8:13:03 PM
Thanks again.

Yes I realized that they are looking for the "line option" but it is
not available to me. 100% it says "Format Chart Area" and not Plot
Area. I would consider myself above average in Excel (hell, wrote my
master's thesis in it) so I don't think I am making any newb mistakes.

Check this article out: They are doing rounded corners with the "Border
Styles" option. I notice that I do not have any check mark box for
"Rounded Corners" in my excel 2007.

http://www.cob.sjsu.edu/splane_m/assign4.htm
Add a shadow and rounded corners to the chart. Note: the rounded
corners option is only available in worksheets, not in chart sheets.
2007 - Right click on the chart background.
Select the last option "Format Chart Area."
Select "Border Styles." Put a check next to "Rounded Corners."
Select "Shadow" Change the "Size" option to 105%

--
Kulprit
1) Right click the chart border; you should see an item in the hsortcut menu

"Kulprit" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007:
>

> I make a chart
> I right click on Char Area
> I Select Format Chart Area
> A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections:
> - Fill
> - Border Color
> - Border Styles
> - Shadow
> - 3-D Format
>
> I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue
>
> I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles
> and the following options are available:
> - Width
> - Compound Type
> - Cap Type (drop down menu)
> - Join Type (drop down menu)
> - Arrow Settings
>
> I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
> - Square
> - Round
> - Flat
>
> I select Round
>
> I click Join Type and a drop down menu appears with the following
> - Round
> - Bevel
> - Miter
>
> I select Round
>
> Nothing happens to my chart! The chart corners are as sharp as ever.
> Anyone know WTF is going on???
>

> --
> Kulprit

3) Right at the bootm is the ROunded Corners box; check it
The effect is not too obviuos until tou unseelct the chart

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for your post. That is the problem there is not a checkbox for
rounded corners!!!

Please see this screen shot:
http://www.life2o.com/rounded_corners.jpg

--
Kulprit
I see. So you are on a chart sheet, which makes a big difference. You could

Sorry if I'm wrong here; just shooting in the dark.
--
Thanks,
Christopher

"Kulprit" wrote:

> 3) Right at the bootm is the ROunded Corners box; check it
> The effect is not too obviuos until tou unseelct the chart
>
> Hi Bernard,
>
> Thanks for your post. That is the problem there is not a checkbox for
> rounded corners!!!
>
> Please see this screen shot:
> http://www.life2o.com/rounded_corners.jpg
>

> --
> Kulprit

0
chscott1 (27)

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

excel spreadsheet
How do I delete columns from my spread sheet? When I right click the word "delete" isn't highlighted, so it doesn't work. Is the sheet protected or shared? -- Regards, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Ang" <Ang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:418A7E09-1E8E-41E1-9988-82460B633629@microsoft.com... How do I delete columns from my spread sheet? When I right click the word "delete" is...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

Backup Excel file

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Excel Histogram -- Incorrect Bins
I am using the Histogram tool in Excel 2004 for Mac -- I am finding that = Excel is shifting all my data one bin to the right. =20 For example, with data... 2,2,2,7,7,7 and bin range selected as 0,5,10 I am EXPECTING 3 items in bin 0 (between zero and five) and 3 items in = bin=20 5 (between five and ten). Excel is RETURNING a histogram with nothing in the zero bin, and 3 items = each in the 5 bin and the 10 bin. This is driving my bonkers! I can't find a solution...can somebody = please=20 help? Eric Anderson - > I am using the Histogram tool in Excel 2004 for Mac -- I am...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...