Reverse plot order in Excel charts

Currently in Excel charts, the curves (series) are plotted in series order.
This means that curves with higher series numbers are plotted over those of
lower series number.

I suggest the plotting order be reversed, so that more important series can
be listed first in the legend and appear over other curves in the plot area.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=307ed636-3304-4e06-83fd-0bf6038bc5b1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting

Automatcally Hiding Rows in Excel 2000 #2
Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule (ie if there is no data in a row, we want to hide that row without doing it manually)? We have a couple of ideas which involve VB code which reacts to data within that row but if anyone has done this before or knows of a way to do it, that would be great. Thanks in advance! Tom Starr http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F625B17.4BF93224%40msn.com Was a reply you got to your first post. Tom Starr wrote: > > Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule > (ie if there is no...

1D, 2D, 3D, 4D and ND interpolation Excel Add-in (xll)
Hi, You can find here http://xongrid.sourceforge.net/ A new interpolation xll add-in for 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D or ND interpolation on scattered data ...

How to emailing file from Excel 2000 to 2003, cannot open??
I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an attachment or as a file to a receiptiant with 2003. They cannot open it. And at some time I haven't been able to. How am I saving it into the wrong format??? Please help ASAP, am on location and needing to send a report. Thank you What are they receiving? Do they have Excel? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bennyw0528" <bennyw0528@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AED71F-93AC-4D41-8CC5-45FA965AEE2A@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an at...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Excel Formula #6
Is there a way to set a formula to calculate how many rows above (COUNT) with no text or numbers in the column? try =COUNTBLANK(F3:F9) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "deniseS" <dstafiej@dykema.com> wrote in message news:150b101c3c3fa$68119950$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set a formula to calculate how many rows > above (COUNT) with no text or numbers in the column? > =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"") -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "deniseS" <dstafiej@dykema.com> wrote in message news:15...

range of chart
If I am trying to chart information related to individual's payroll in comparison to total pay roll, how do I select the correct range to have the names show along with the value ranges? Tracey - Do you want the names ass data labels, linked to the points? If so, use one of these free utilities to add text from cells to the chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Tracey wrote: > If I am trying to chart...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Copying Data From SQL Into Excel
When I copy a range of data from SQL and paste it into Excel, the data doesn't appear to be available for formulas - in this case a VLOOKUP formula. However, once I click in the formula bar (as if to edit the data) then hit "return" the data is "magically" available for the VLOOKUP formula. It seems to me to be a format problem, but changing the format of the data doesn't help. Could this be related to similar issues when copying data from Access into Excel? Are there any workarounds? It sounds similar to the Access problem. Instead of pasting, you can ...

Excel 2007
The charting function in my Office 2007 installation not working. When I click the Chart button, it shown following message. --------------------------- Information --------------------------- Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have both Office 2003 and 2007 installed in my system. Is this a compatible issue? I had try the chart function in Word, Excel and PowerPoint all not working. Thanks did you ever figure out the problem? i'm getting the same error in office 2007...

how do i search for a specific name in an excel file
i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it possible to search for a specific name somehow without scrolling up and down the list repeatedly looking for it? Hit CTRL+F to open the find window, and in Look in: select Values. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496546 Did you try Edit > Find ? "cljenkins" wrote: > i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it...

Order of X-axis
Dearest Wizards, Col A has dates, in order but with most recent toward top. Col D has data to be graphed. What I want is for the resulting graph to have the most recent date on the RIGHT side of the graph (on the X-Axis) and the earliest dates on the LEFT. The order on the spreadsheet really can't be changed to accommodate this. TIA for any help you can give. Sam Hi, Double click the X axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog check, Dates in Reverse order To keep the Y axis labels on the left also check Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum value Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope,...

copy and paste into excel
I am trying to set up a sheet into which i can copy and paste various items into a group of cells? and upon being pasted into the group the item will be automatically shrunk to fit the size of the cells it was pasted into, rather than expanding them to fits its size. Any ideas anyone?????? Hi, try copy data and paste them like: Edit/Paste Special/Values. It does not change the size of the columns. Marian Hi, What about 'format cells' 'Alignment' and check "shrink to fit"? That is under Text Control - is that any use??? Cheers, Mark copying+pasting into cell...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

Excel Lables
Does anyone know how to create lables for envelopes from an excel file? Michelle, Use Mail Merge in MS Word with the Excel sheet as data source. Word = supports most available label formats. HTH Anders Silven "Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:087e01c3b066$8212d190$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to create lables for envelopes from=20 > an excel file? ...

General mail failure when sending e-mail from Excel
Hello everyone! I am having a problem using the Send To function in Microsoft Excel 2003. When I go to File, Send To, Mail Recipient(As Attachment) I get an error message that says "General mail failure. Quit Microsoft Excel, restart the mail system, and try again ". I have closed Outlook and opened it back up many times already and it doesn't help anything. My OS is Windows XP SP2 and I have Office 2003 SBE. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the size of the document I am trying to send. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help. -- ...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...

How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?
I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi Ann, I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of manufacturing and shipping a washing machine. It may help you to get going. It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price of different options and shipping prices based on different zones. Regards, Howard "Ann from CCC" <Ann from CCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58874DF-8329-48B7-ACB0-4567A8BBBA89@microsoft.com... >I am trying to f...

How to execute a parameterized Sql store procedure within Excel?
How to execute a parameterized Sql store procedure within Excel and pass the Excel cell value as the parameter(s). Need to look at sample to understand the concept, if any. Many thanks. hi, Paul ! > How to execute a parameterized Sql store procedure within Excel and pass the Excel cell value as the parameter(s). > Need to look at sample to understand the concept, if any. Many thanks. see if any of the following is what you want... Ed Ferrero: Run SQL Server stored procedure in Excel macro -> http://tinyurl.com/pdmg2 Robin Hammond: Stored procedures -> http://tinyur...

does anyone have a chart for weight gain or loss in kilos?
I am trying to lose weight. and simply want to chart my weight each week. I need it in kilos and don't have MSAcces. Create two columns: Column A - Date Column B - Weight You could add a column for weight loss total, week, whatever. I might also add a column for Body Mass Index BMI = Weight in pounds * 703/(Height in inches)^2 I think the "goal" for BMI is 25. Take a look at Jon Peltier's charting tutorial on creating charts. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html#hdrTutorial "Robynr" <Robynr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Excel 2003 02-04-10
I have version 2003 of excel and love hot keys... Often at work I have to format rows and columns to others nearby.. I have tried to figure out the hotkey for the format painter and cannot it would help out tremendously... So does anyone know the hotkey to copy the formatting of other cells and paste the format to others? Well, you could try Ctrl+c (copy) Alt+est (Paste special - format) If you recorded a macro, this is exactly the same as what the format painter does. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "mma...

Open Excel with a particular sheet to be displayed first
Hi, I have an Excel file which has 20 sheets. Is it possible for me to open this Excel file and display Sheet10 first, rather than the focus in whatever sheet when last saved. Your helps are much appreciated. Thanks & Regards S. Hi Sathanga! You need something like this in the ThisWorkbook module Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet10").Range("a1"), Scroll:=True End Sub -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) availab...

Chart Formatting
Is it possible to change the color of a bar chart depending on the value of a cell? I want the bar graph to show 2 colors BUT would like for the colors on the Provider bar to show Green above the 60% and show Red below 60%. Member's bar to show Green above 80% and show Red below 80%. Check this out: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html -- Best Regards, Luke M "jlo" <jlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CABBE1-828D-43D6-BD8F-276D27C35204@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the color of a bar chart...

Hyper-Threading Technology for XP with Excel 2000
Attention to: Microsoft Expert My computer setting is Dual-XEON 2.66, 1GB RAM with Windows XP Professional. Hyper-Threading Technology is enabled, therefore, I am able to see four logical Processors. However, when I open single Excel 2000 spreadsheet for calculation, it consumes 25% of CPU and 130MB RAM on computing resources. If I disable Hyper- Threading Technology, then it displays only 2 CPU processors only, and I try to run the same single Excel 2000 spreadsheet for calculation, it consumes 50% of CPU, of course, the speed of calculation is faster. Could you tell me why Hype...

Fax in mass several purchase order
We use G/P release 7.0. How can I mass fax several purchase order to vendors. Claude, thanks. You can export them to Adobe PDF format using Adobe writer. Once that is done, use WinFax to fax the file. Hope this helps.. Hi, thanks. Do you mean that we could send different PO to different vendors at the same time with a simple file ? How Winfax will read the fax number ? How Winfax will send 1 page or more pages if it necessary to ? Claude. Thanks. "rrs1977@gmail.com" wrote: > You can export them to Adobe PDF format using Adobe writer. Once that > is done, use WinFax ...