reverse axis not working as before...

This code "worked" in 2003, but doesn't "work" in 2007...

In this context, "worked" means that in 2003, the X axis for both Y axes
were reversed, as requested.  In 2007, only the X axis for the primary Y
axis is reversed, with the X axis for the secondary Y axis remains the
same (but the labels are reversed, so the graph looks odd and is hard/
impossible to interpret properly).

Also, the line marked with <<<<'s throws an error in 2007 but worked in
2003.  Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!
Bruce

    Charts.Add
    ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets(mainsheet$).Range("E:G"),
PlotBy:=xlColumns
    ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="tempsal"
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Select
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 2
    ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
    With ActiveChart
        .HasTitle = True
        .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = cruiseid$
        .ChartTitle.AutoScaleFont = False
        .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Distance
(km)"
    End With
    With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)
        .HasMajorGridlines = False
        .HasMinorGridlines = False
    End With
    ActiveChart.HasLegend = False
    ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
    With Selection.Border
        .ColorIndex = 16
        .Weight = xlThin
        .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    End With
    With Selection.Interior
        .ColorIndex = 2
        .PatternColorIndex = 1
        .Pattern = xlSolid
    End With
    With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)
        .HasMajorGridlines = False
        .HasMinorGridlines = False
        .MinimumScale = 0
        .MaximumScale = 350
        .MinorUnitIsAuto = True
        .MajorUnitIsAuto = True
        .Crosses = xlAutomatic
        .ReversePlotOrder = True
'        .ScaleType = xlLinear          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    End With
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 1
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).AxisGroup = 2
    With ActiveChart
        .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Salinity
(ppt)"
        .Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"Temperature (degrees c)"
    End With
    For i = 1 To 2
        ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Select
        With Selection.Border
            .Weight = xlThin
            .LineStyle = xlAutomatic
        End With
        With Selection
            .MarkerStyle = xlNone
            .Smooth = False
            .MarkerSize = 5
            .Shadow = False
        End With
    Next i
0
bbowler (11)

how do i work across workbooks in excel 2002?
I am trying to develop an application that requires me to sum values across workbooks. Is this possible to do in Excel 2002 and how is it performed? Open up the workbooks in question, type =SUM( click window in the menu and select the first workbook and the cell(s), type in a comma and repeat and select the next workbook Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lesgold80" wrote: > I am trying to develop an application that requires me to sum values across > workbooks. Is this possible to do in Excel 2002 and how is it performed? ...

Is it possible to have working/active progress bars in Publisher?
I am trying to incorporate progress bars in a Publisher Newsletter to show the status of the listed projects. Any ideas? Do you mean something along the lines of a large thermometer that's often used to indicate how much money is collected for a particular cause? The mercury "rises" as the donations/pledges rise. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lucine" <Lucine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97DD85EB-6E16-40BF-9091-F7E7EDF25402@microsoft.com... >I am trying to incorporate progress bars in a Publisher Newsletter to show &g...

beep suddenly won't work
Hi all, Suddenly my Excel (2K) beep won't work anymore, neither in excisting code nor in new code. For instance the code below does nothing. Sub Macro6() Beep Beep Beep End Sub All other Windows (XP SP) sounds still work, but I'm not sure of Word because as far as I can remember I don't do things in Word that generate sound. I tried the macro below and there was no sound. Sub test_sound() Beep End Sub Where should I look for what is wrong? Your help will be appreciated. Jack Sons The Netherlands Is your speaker card turned on? Or you could use this for yo...

Web Query Not Working
Up until yesterday, my web query in my Excel worksheet has been working perfectly. I have been using the saved query named "Microsoft Investor Stock Quotes.iqy". It looks like the server accessed by the URL has been down. When I ping the domain, I get the message that the ping timed out. The link used by the query is http://investor.msn.com/external/excel/quotes.asp?SYMBOL=AA,fdx... Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Does anyone know how to contact MSN to jog them to get things up and running? Or, have they stopped supporting the query? Gary Mine went d...

More than one vertical axis?
Hello, I am plotting year on the x-axis and trying to plot interest rate of the left vertical axis and dollars on the right vertical axis of a line graph. How do I set up a two (left and right) vertical axis chart? Please let me know, Thanks for your time Create a chart with both series (rates and dollars). Right-click on one of the series Choose Format Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary, click OK Dr. Darwin wrote: > I am plotting year on the x-axis and trying to plot > interest rate of the left vertical axis and dollars on the > right vertical axis of a line graph. ...

Getting SharePoint to work in the xRM demo VPC
I have the standard demo VPC that uses the MicrosoftCRM organization. When I try to open SharePoint CA or even the default site collection, I get an IE error suggesting I'm not connected to the Internet. Does anyone know if there are additional configuration steps that I need to take in order to use SharePoint on this demo VPC? I'm not sure which VPC you are referring to, but generally Microsoft doesn't release VPCs that need to connect to the Internet or that can connect to the internet. Keith Delarge posted a blog article about how to connect one of the UK CRM partner d...

Why can I suddenly not see toolbar options when I'm working on a d
Suddenly when I'm working on a document I have to click on "home" or "view" or "review" etc. EACH TIME I want to use a feature like bullet or indent paragraph etc. Until today when I clicked on "home" all the home tools stayed visible at the top of the document until I moved to "view" or "review" etc. Now as soon as I type on my document, the "home" (or whatever) tools disappear and I have to click "home" (or whatever) each time to see them. How did this happen and how do I fix it??? You have &...

RegEx matching in multiline is not working
Hi, I am trying to do some regex replacement, but thats not working. Initial Text: " Change: new Client: L_Hotfix User: ramte Status: new Description: <enter description here> Test this : description. Files: //users/harsha/testfile.txt # add " I need to replace the description section Final: " Change: new Client: L_Hotfix User: ramte Status: new Description_mod: Modified Test desc: ID: xxxx xxx, ..... Files: //users/harsha/testfile.txt # add " In the above text i need to modif...

Mailbox Management not working in Exchange 2000
I have Exchange 2000 with the Post-SP3 hotfix rollup. I also followed KB 326397 and set the value of the msExchMailboxManagerAgeLimit to 3 for the first two polices (tried it first without changing it). Now the situation.... I have 3 mailbox management policies setup. The first one deletes messages older than 365 days out of the: Inbox, sent items, calendar, journal, deleted items, system cleanup folders, all other mail folders. The second one deletes messages older than 30 days from: inbox, sent items, calendar, deleted items, and system cleanup folders. It also deletes items ol...

How can I see document in color while I'm working?
I need to be able to see document in full color while working. I've tried switching views, etc. but the only way I can see color is in "print preview." Jamie If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:09:03 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Making Outlook Work
I have an old version of Outlook ( I think 97) that I cannot open up on my new computer and I would like to use it. I get the following message when I go to open the Outlook icon on my desktop: The ordinal 36 could not be located in the dynamic link Library MAPI32.dll. I do not know what this is or where to get this info. Can anyone email me what I need. My email address is bnlusa@netscape.net. Thank you. If you still have your installation media, try to reinstall. However, note that OL97 is very old and was buggy at release - you may be better off just getting OL2003. Sorry, no email ...

Border colors not working in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003 - can't get line colour, border colour or table grid lines to show up on screen. They seem to print OK but being invisible on screen makes things tricky. Recently installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 - seems to have started then - any known links between these two or is it just co-incidence? ...

Form Restore From Switchboard Not Working
Hi All, hope someone can help me with a problem I haven't been able tofigure out or research the answer for. I have created "restore" and"maximize" functions for my forms in previous databases and they workgreat, but for some reason they are not working correctly in adatabase I am now working on. In the "Activate" event of the forms, Ihave used the following code, DoCmd.Restore. When I pull up the formin the database, it restores correctly, but when I call up the formthrough the Switchboard, it always maximizes. As to the Switchboard,I have checked the cod...

BUG !!! Excel 2002 save as csv coma not works in windows xp
BUG !!! Excel 2002 save as csv coma not works in windows xp. Changing list separator still not working. please help!!! Thanks in advance. It's difficult to help if you don't say what's not working... What format do you expect, and what does XL produce? Give an example of your data in your post. In article <18b301c3fbf5$901e9af0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Macaco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > BUG !!! Excel 2002 save as csv coma not works in windows > xp. > > Changing list separator still not working. > > please help!!...

Missing x-axis labels on chart in XL97
Hi All, Bit of a strange one this. I have a workbook containing lots of charts built using dynamic ranges. I have built them in XL2000, where all is well, but on opening in XL97 via a Citrix W2000 Desktop, the x-labels disappear. I have tried all the following to get them to reappear: -- Deleted the axis and put it back on -- Changed the dynamic range to a static range -- Set all the formatting options to automatic but still they don't appear. I have tried creating a chart with the offending dynamic range as the x-axis and that seems to work fine. And, very wierdly, if i change t...

Need to combine two working formulas
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to add one more layer of complexity to my formula, but it's not working. Any assistance would be appreciated. My spreadsheet has several expense sections, each with a "subtotal". I'm trying to lookup the subtotal lines and sum for the column in which this formula lies. Here's the simplified version: =SUMIF (Range1, "Subtotal", Range2) This formula works great, but people keep typing the word "Subtotal" differently. So I'd like to replace that string with: IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND(&...

Does CRM 4.0 work well with Office 2003?
Hi all, We're looking at upgrading from CRM 3 to 4.0. Most of our users are at MS Office 2003 and we'd like to keep that way for now. I understand 4.0 is supposed to be "compatible" with MS Office 2003 but I've been researching the issues. Are there any known compatibility issues between CRM 4.0 and MS Office 2003? Will using 2003 instead of 2007 cause any loss of functionality in CRM? (Such as disabling the tracking token.) Thank you, Mohamed Both Outlook 2003 and 2007 works fine with Microsoft CRM 4.0. We have a mix of Outlook versions being used everyday for the l...

why don't hyperlinks work in emails
When I click on a hyperlink in an email I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." This has only happened since using Outlook 2007, previously I was using Windows Mail and hyperlinks worked OK in this JimFish wrote: > When I click on a hyperlink in an email I get a message "This operation has > been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." This has > only happened since using Outlook 2007, previously I was using Windows Mail > and hyperlinks worked OK in this You are...

SBS Exchange 2003 send receive mail somewhat works.
A bit confused as to why this is not working. I can receive emails as username@mail.domainname.net, I cannot receive emails as username@domainname.net I check under the users email addresses and the primary is set to be username@domainname.net. This worked fine at one time, but we had to switch domain names and since then it has not worked. I looked at MX records and that is correct. I ran the CEICW several times and made sure everything was correct... Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting this? On 19/05/10 18:14, mrwiegand wrote: > A bit confused as to why this is no...

Works Way too slow
Money uses 100% of my CPU time to do anything. I tried to archive transactions and that didn't help. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wblackbu wrote: >Money uses 100% of my CPU time to do anything. I tried to archive >transactions and that didn't help. Any suggestions? The archive file is a copy of your Money file at the time that you did the archive. You could copy that to a new *.mny filename and open it. Use that as your Money file. It won't help the speed, but it can restore your lost transactions. See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info for other inform...

Deployment over Citrix not working
I have an application that I have developed with extensive support from this group. I just want to say thank you for all your help. Now, my app is deployed over a Citrix network and I keep having these weird things hapen: 1) on trying to add a record to a particular form (fsubDevices) I get the following msg: Error 3201 (you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'tblVisit.') in procedure cboDeviceLUno_AfterUpdate of VBA document Form_fsubDevices This does not happen on my desktop or when the app is deployed as a standard client. (the curre...

Canadian version of Money 2008? Anything in the works?
As the subject says... Anything newer than Money 2006? Is there a trial download anyplace? We really wish to stop using Quicken. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:uSplq2T3HHA.5316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > As the subject says... > > Anything newer than Money 2006? Is there a trial download anyplace? > > We really wish to stop using Quicken. Excerpt below from Money Plus Help, searching on "Canada". I don't think M08 (Money Plus) is much different that other recent versions, in this regard. I've seen other traffic to th...

XmlTextReader and C# using statement
Is it possible to use the using statement with XmlTextReader? I tryed to use it, but it gives me the error message: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Xml.XmlTextReader' to 'System.IDisposable' Is there something I am doing wrong? // This no worky using(XmlTextReader xtr = new XmlTextReader("C:\\myfile.xml")) { // Do something } No. You're not doing anything wrong. You can only use the using statement with classes that implement the IDisposable interface. The XmlTextWriter doesn't implement that interface, hence the error message. The work...

OWA does not work after installing SP2 on Exchange 2003
I have installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 and now when I go to check my email at home I cannot get onto my server. It keeps telling me to enter my domain\username. Was there soemthing I should have done after installing SP2? All I did was restart my machine. I am running Exchange on Windows 2003 server. Outlook Web Acces was working previous to installing SP2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Manny Is this happening internally too? Anything in the Event Viewer on the Exchange Server? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Manny Barrer...