reverse axis not working as before...

This code "worked" in 2003, but doesn't "work" in 2007...

In this context, "worked" means that in 2003, the X axis for both Y axes
were reversed, as requested.  In 2007, only the X axis for the primary Y
axis is reversed, with the X axis for the secondary Y axis remains the
same (but the labels are reversed, so the graph looks odd and is hard/
impossible to interpret properly).

Also, the line marked with <<<<'s throws an error in 2007 but worked in
2003.  Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!
Bruce

    Charts.Add
    ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets(mainsheet$).Range("E:G"),
PlotBy:=xlColumns
    ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="tempsal"
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Select
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 2
    ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
    With ActiveChart
        .HasTitle = True
        .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = cruiseid$
        .ChartTitle.AutoScaleFont = False
        .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Distance
(km)"
    End With
    With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)
        .HasMajorGridlines = False
        .HasMinorGridlines = False
    End With
    ActiveChart.HasLegend = False
    ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
    With Selection.Border
        .ColorIndex = 16
        .Weight = xlThin
        .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    End With
    With Selection.Interior
        .ColorIndex = 2
        .PatternColorIndex = 1
        .Pattern = xlSolid
    End With
    With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)
        .HasMajorGridlines = False
        .HasMinorGridlines = False
        .MinimumScale = 0
        .MaximumScale = 350
        .MinorUnitIsAuto = True
        .MajorUnitIsAuto = True
        .Crosses = xlAutomatic
        .ReversePlotOrder = True
'        .ScaleType = xlLinear          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    End With
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 1
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).AxisGroup = 2
    With ActiveChart
        .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Salinity
(ppt)"
        .Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"Temperature (degrees c)"
    End With
    For i = 1 To 2
        ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Select
        With Selection.Border
            .Weight = xlThin
            .LineStyle = xlAutomatic
        End With
        With Selection
            .MarkerStyle = xlNone
            .Smooth = False
            .MarkerSize = 5
            .Shadow = False
        End With
    Next i
0
bbowler (11)

Back and foward buttons do not work in XPSp3
I recently did a system restore point on my windows xp Sp3 machine since I had some issue. The computer is clean from any virus. I noticed that in in folder of the tool bar, the back or fowad button does not work. The buttons of the foward and back are grayed out and do not function. I have to use the up arrow button to go back to where I was. This has been frustrating me all day. I am open to hearing from anyone who can provide me a fix on how to repair the back and foward buttons. RussellA "Russell Ashenberg" <neshoma@bezeqint.net> wrote in messa...

Re: VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:... > > > "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de > noticias:F45434D2-7809-4C21-B06F-B2EEA3026A3C@microsoft.com... >> >> >> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de >> noticias:EE6921A8-5D3D-42B6-AE35-58B998ED4262@microsoft.com... >>> >>> >>> "Nick Dakoronias" <dakoroni@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de >>> noticias:AF5BC5A9-873A-447E-9FD4-F75E0F89655D@mic...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Combination charting with two axis
I would like to create a combination chart with three chart types: 1. line chart to show month to month accum total growth for the year. 2. a single bar for each month showing the target. 3. a stacked bar for each month showing two actual total comprise of two sub-groups. I can not figure how to combine the bars and obtain one stacked bar and one single bar. The bars are either all stacked or all single. You have to fake the clustered-stacked appearance through careful staggering of the data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Then copy the range for the "li...

i have microsoft works spreadsheet not excell, can i upgrade to ex
Can I upgarde or do i need to buy the full version? There's upgrade eligibility information on the Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/standard.mspx Anne wrote: > Can I upgarde or do i need to buy the full version? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

C# working with office tools
I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them together with a table of contents in a c#.net 2008. I then want to export these reports into an electronic format to email to users. Can you give me suggestions on how to accomplish this task? On 20/03/2010 18:15, Wendy Elizabeth wrote: > I am planning to generate 8 to 15 reports in sql server report server 2008. > I want to create the 8 to 15 separate sql server reports and tie them > together with a table of contents i...

The system works! (Outlook 2003 result)
Hi, A friends PC has been having trouble with Outlook 2003. It was crashing on mail-send and not auto-suggesting addresses. Detect and Repair didn't fix it, neither did a complete reinstall. A trawl of this newsgroups archives suggested that a new profile might be the way to go, so I tried this. Worked a treat. She's now happy that Outllook works,so I'd thought I'd just say a huge "THANKS!" to the resident gurus. Sometimes, the system works the way it ought to. So, to all the folks who have a macro for "This is not an Outlook Express newsgroup" and t...

Combo Box Not Working
I’m new to access but learning quickly. I’m trying to create a data base for our “time change” items on out plant equipment. Such as; Furnace (asset) Clutch (part) Installed date (date installed) Replacement date (set date in the future e.g. 6 months from install date) I already have a table with the columns named asset, part, installed date and replacement date. It’s called Table 1. All dates are formatted to medium date format and input mask the same. I also have a table with IntervalTitle, Interval and IntervalIncrement set as follows: IntervalTitle Inte...

Access shortcust not working after updates
Hi, After windows update installed IE7 our shortcuts to Access databases quit working. We need to open access the browse to the db file and open it. Why did shortcuts quit working? Thanks If the shortcut points to a share on a server, you might need to adjust the IE7 security settings. These are the settings that worked for a similar setup at a client. Open the IE settings from Tools, Internet Options. On the Security tab select Local Internet and click Sites. Clear the checkbox for "Automatically detect intranet" and check the other 3 boxes. Click the Advanced button on th...

Auto Save Add-In
Dear "Guest" I can not understand your complaint, I think you need to read th thread from beginning to end. Dave suggested a macro to resolve my problem of Auto Save not retainin its settings; and I asked him for more details on how to enter th macro. As far as I am concerned it is all relevant to the query and you hav no need to slag us off. PS Be brave and Log I -- Charles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CharlesF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=874 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

REmote Display not working using win ce6.0
Hi am vinoth am right now trying to connect the remote display in my pc. i am using omapL138 EVM kit with win ce6.0. i can able to do all the things only i cant able to see my device when i run cerdisp or cerhost. i cant unable to solve or find the problem. am using kitl as transport and server.i can able to attach the device.i can get the bin image. Thanks Vinoth. -- vinoth Message posted via PocketPCJunkies.com http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/wince-pb/201005/1 On 5/14/2010 6:54 AM, vinoth006 via PocketPCJunkies.com wrote: > Hi > am vinoth am right...

decimal fraction in actual work on resource usage view
Hello, we are not using timesheet yet but we enter actual values manually in resource usage view. But we can see work in decimal fractions (like 4,25 hrs) but we can not enter decimal fractions in actual work fields. When we try to put 4,25 in there, it sets to 4 and change the task duration (whihc is expected) How can we enter decimal fractions in there? Please help.. regards Hello cemipalooza, I'm able to enter Actual Work decimals in the Resource Usage as well in the Task Usage (both in 2003 and 2007 versions) Have you tried to enter "minutes of work" : for e...

How do the client cals work?
I'm new to crm and a client of my companies just bout a 6 cal license. My question is, how do I enable the cals? Does it automatically know how many cals i have by the registration key? If I would ever buy more cals, how do I enable them? Hi Zach; The answer depends a bit on the type of licensing model you purchased under, but generally speaking you use the CRM Deployment manager (an app on the CRM server) and you will see a node there called License. You should be able either add your key there, or update the license key information there. Dave Ireland "Zach Thomas"...

x-axis is time ... sort of
I'm trying to create a chart in Excel like the one on this page: http://finance.yahoo.com/bonds/composite_bond_rates If the above link doesn't show up, you can get to the page by going to Yahoo Finance and clicking on "Rates", which is about half way down on the left side. The x-axis on this chart is not time as in dates, but it is time as in length of period (e.g. 3 days, 3 months, 3 years...) and the spacing between x-axis labels is scaled by time period (not equally spaced). I can do this in Excel using x-y scatter and x-axis data as # of days (1 for 1 day, 365 for 1 y...

Reverse Conditional Formating
Does anybody know whether you can effectively run a reverse conditional format. In other words organise use cell formats to analyse data in a spreadsheet and run scenarios. So if I have three different fill colours for a data range can I extract data by cell colour. surely...just use the formulas or conditions for your formating in a helper column to extract/analyse your data.... -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Lee" wrote: > Does anybody know whether you can effectively run a reverse conditional > format. In other words organise use cell formats to analyse ...

Ctrl+Alt+L does not work.
Hi All: In VS 2008, the accelerator of active resolution bar is Ctrl+Alt+L. But it does not work. I create a MFC mdi sample, and set a menu's accelerator to Ctrl+Alt+L, it does not work too. Why? Thanks Fiveight Are you sure it's just that keystroke combination that doesn't work? The first thing I would do is set it to something else (like Alt+F2) and see if that works just to make sure it's not something in the focus mechanism. If that does work, then my guess is that you may have something else with the same keystroke elsewhere that has prior focus. For examp...

log scale for x axis
I am trying to plot a line graph with a log scale on the x axis, can anyone help me with this, is there a way or an add on that can do this for me Mike Mike - > I am trying to plot a line graph with a log scale on the x axis, can > anyone help me with this, is there a way or an add on that can do this for > me < Use the XY (Scatter) chart type, not the Line chart type. Format the data series pattern to show lines. Format the axis scale to be log. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Working with many worksheet and pick up data!
I have a excel workbook with many simular formated sheet but different data. And like to pick the value in cell A1 from ten sheets. Then I like to visualize them in one sheet as a vector or matrix of data (two dimentional data) for to easely work with them`? I know we do summarize them like SUM(sheet1:sheet10!A1) but like to use the data as they are. "spread them out as a vector" and make arrays of them if nessecarly.... Should be a lot of possibilities and power here anyone who can help on the track here, then I would have been very greatful? Wiggo Not quite understanding what f...

Customize Outlook Today is not working #2
Hi, I have customized my outlook today to show some folder in my PST file. After that I have renamed the folders, Now I am unable to see the renamed folders and also when I click on "Customize Outlook Today...", I am not getting the customization page. I wondering what might be the cause for such an error. Please let me know what could be the cause. Thanks in advance. Regards, Vidya Sagar Choudhary, Bellamkonda Vidya Sagar Choudhary Bellamkonda <vidyasagar@bellamkonda.com> wrote: > I have customized my outlook today to show some folder in > my PST file. After t...

How can I change typesetting (spacing, etc.) of bar chart axis lab
I'm using Excel 2000 (though I have access to other versions), and I'm trying to create a series of stacked-bar charts which have a uniform plot area and which list 5-6 word X-axis labels right-justified in 9-point bold Arial on a single line. Unfortunately, adjusting the plot area produces random results with the x-axis labels, which typically seem to want to be centered and written across two lines, rather than one. What's especially odd is that the chart area is very large, but the labels adjust themselves in such a way that there's a massive amount of empty space o...

Code to Dynamically Filter a Report; Not Working
I’m struggling a bit with some code that dynamically filters elements in a report. I have a form with the following objects: lstCustomer, lstExecBroker, an Option Group named ‘fraTrader’, with three radio buttons; optOption, optCross, optBoth. Also, I have cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3 as well as cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3, all of which control sort order. Finally, here’s the code: Private Sub cmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCustomer As String Dim strExecBroker As String Dim strTrade As String ...

detailed inventory does not work with non bar code tapes.
I would like to verify that the scheduled inventory still does NOT work with non barcoded tapes. We have a HP 1/8 tape inventory using 8 non bar coded tapes. The scheduled inventory runs every day for about 1 second and does NOT reveal what the tapes are. A manual detailed inventory does work. I wonder why MS would program it this way? Tim This is an issue which we have fixed in DPM 2010. The problem was that the scheduled inventory was not doing detailed inventory on newly added media. Can you install DPM 2010 Beta from https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/Downloa...

Can't confirm Windows Update is working
Not sure how to do this, but here goes. Have a student running XP SP3 who wants to know that she's up to date with her updates. Windows settings say automatic updates are on. When she tries to run the manual update it fails. Windows suggests settings, which we set, but to no avail. Downloaded latest WU utility, still nothing. Tried the NJR fix, nothing. Just downloaded the REGISTERY.BAT file I found here, and will try it and post results here. Please let me know what additional information you need and what I need to do to allow her to simply click on the Windows Update and s...

GP Timesheet V7.50.48 should work with Firefox
This product is a piece of ^&*( that doesn't work properly with Firefox. Hidden menu items ensure that it is unusable. Even with IE, the behaviour of the app is flaky and a clear sign that Microsoft knows nothing about coding in Java. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Working with multiple files/workbooks cross linked
Hi, It seems that the dozen workbooks I have created and the cross sharing of nformation with some single filesworkbook sharing several other files / workbooks need to have the files all open otherwise the paths seems to get a bit mixed up. Is there a way then that will open all files related to a group when I want to work on a particular set of files but as mentioned get ALL the oher files/ workbooks open to ensure the links all work corretly? Thanks Mike Here is an example with three workbooks: first.xls second.xls third.xls Let's say that if one of the files is opened, we wa...