Result Sheet in a School

Hi everybody,

I want to make a result sheet for the school class; i am facing problem in
logical formulas like how to assess position, how to assess GPA etc. Can any
one help?

Best Regards

Basharat
0
Basharat (1)

Basharat  -

Microsoft has some instructions for an "electronic gradebook" at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA100690701033.aspx

-  Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Basharat" <Basharat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to make a result sheet for the school class; i am facing problem in
> logical formulas like how to assess position, how to assess GPA etc. Can
> any
> one help?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Basharat

0
mike5208 (300)
11/15/2008 6:31:00 AM
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by assess position or assess GPA?

There are over 60 statistical functions that can be used to analyze data.
You can use some of the following functions for various types of ratings:

RANK
PERCENTILE
PERCENTRANK
AVERAGE
STDEV

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Basharat" wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to make a result sheet for the school class; i am facing problem in
> logical formulas like how to assess position, how to assess GPA etc. Can any
> one help?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Basharat

Protecting Sheet to Prevent Viewing At All
Is it possible to protect a sheet in a workbook so that it isn't even viewable unless you have the password? One of the sheets in my workbook contaiins highly sensitive information that I don't want most folks to see, but I want users to be continue to hide and unhide other elements in the workbook to fit their needs. Is there something I can write in VBA that will do the trick? In the perfect world, what would happen is that, when a user clicked on the tab for the Sensitive Sheet, a popup box would appear asking for a password. Is this even possible? Help! Any answers would ...

Hiding columns, cannot move items off sheet
I have a large spreadsheet with data out to columns GQ. I wish to hide over half of the columns on occassions (to create custom views) but cannot complete due to a message "Cannot move items off sheet" Can anyone help me resolve this issue. Gerard wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with data out to columns GQ. Are you using Microsoft Publisher for this spreadsheet? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org No, I am doing it in Excel, and I have since run a macro that has resolved it, thankfully. Thanks. "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Gerard wrote...

Copy text from same cell on every sheet to title sheet?
Hi, hope someone can help on this. What I have is a document which contains 101 separate worksheets. The first sheet is a summary page and there are 100 other sheets which are identical. What I need is for the same cell on each of the 100 sheets to be copied into the summary sheet, but moving down 1 row each time. EG: I want Cell A1 from sheet 1 to appear in cell A1 on the summary page. I want cell A1 from sheet 2 to appear in cell B1 on the summary page. I want cell A1 from sheet 3 to appear in cell C1 on the summary page etc Can excel do this automatically? -- www.unlockingshop.co.u...

How do I highlight certain results in an excel formula?
I have a formula that will bring back data depending on the score that the formula pulls. I want to have the results in color, for example if the formula pulls back EXCELLENT, I want that in blue. If the formula pulls back HIGH IMPROVEMENT POTENTIAL, I want that in red, etc. Can anyone help????? Thanks. See Conditional Formatting in Excel Help -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Linda D." wrote: > I have a formula that will bring back data depending on the score that the > formula pulls. I want to have the results in color, for example if the ...

headers to appear same on all sheet, need a way
Can't seem to find a way to make all headers the same on multiple sheets. It may be that Excel has a setting which toggles back and forth from "all headers individually different" to "all headers (and footers) the same". Any suggestions? Thank you for any help. Perhaps there's a macro someone may know of, if no setting comes with the stock program. John Cole Hi John try selectiong all sheets (hold down the SHIFT key while selecting them) and change the header/footer in the pagesetup. Note: This will change all page settings for all sheets -- Regards Frank ...

Chart to new sheet
How can I move a chart from one sheet to another without the series refer to the first sheet? Copy the whole sheet that contains the chart, then copy the new data over the original data on the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "KBA" <KBA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CD217AA-8E6E-4047-BBEC-5A5395483D85@microsoft.com... > How can I move a chart from one sheet to another without the series refer > to > the first sheet? ...

macro for selecting last 3 sheets in a workbook
I have a workbook that has numerous worksheets (appr. 12). I would like to create a macro that automatically selects the last 3 sheets in the workbook everytime I run it), and copies them to a brand new workbook. Any ideas? J- this should it... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim n As Integer Dim wkbnew As Workbook Dim cnt As Integer cnt = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count If cnt >= 3 Then Set wkbnew = Workbooks.Add Do Until n > 2 ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(cnt - n).Copy Before:=wkbnew.Worksheets(1) n = n + 1 Loop End If...

sheet tab #2
I want to change font size of sheet 's name. What should I do? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=46907739-afa1-4f71-aca6-a3a341bef4ec&dg=microsoft.public.exc...

Protect sheets not allowing entering of data in multiple sheets
Hi All, I have a customer who has a workbook with protected sheets in it. They have cells that are unlocked that they enter information in. The user may want to enter the same information in the same cell in multiple sheets. If the information is numeric it will allow it. If it is text, the data will disappear when the user presses enter. Has anyone run across this and found a solution? Heck, I didn't even know you could do that until the customer showed me. Learn something new every day. ...

StDev Results
In general terms, when I perform a STDEV equation, does the result equal the distance from the mean to each end of the standard deviation (+ and -) or does the result equal the distence from the + to the - with the mean some point in between? -- Michael Beauregard from the mean "Michael" wrote: > In general terms, when I perform a STDEV equation, does the result equal the > distance from the mean to each end of the standard deviation (+ and -) or > does the result equal the distence from the + to the - with the mean some > point in between? > -- > Michae...

Display result of crosstab query in form
Hi. In Access 2007 I want to display the result of a crosstab query in a (continuous) form. I've code that puts the field names of the query into the Caption of the labels and ControlSource of the textboxes, but when I open the form the #NAME? error is displayed in the textboxes. Even in design when I select the names into the ControlSource I get the message that the name is not in the list! What is happening and how can I get it working? Thanks in advance, Ronald. In a crosstab query, the column names come from the field you specified for Column Headings. There...

Macro to save sheets as separate workbooks
can anyone help with a macro to save each worksheet as a separate book (named as its sheet name) to a given folder (C:\mydocs\myfolder)? Many thanks Zorro Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim newWks As Worksheet For Each wks In activeworkbook.worksheets wks.Copy 'to a new workbook Set newWks = ActiveSheet With newWks Application.DisplayAlerts = False .Parent.SaveAs Filename:="C:\mydocs\myfolder\" & .Name, _ FileFormat:=xlworkbooknormal Application.DisplayAlerts...

delete results in "User breakpoint called from code at 0x7c901230"
Hi All- I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 in debug mode and get the following message when trying to delete a pointer that was previously allocated using new. "User breakpoint called from code at 0x7c901230" and there is an "int 3" at 0x7c901230 My app is single threaded and this happens in the same funtion where i declare, use and then try to delete the pointer. I have set no breakpoints, what is the meaning of this? can anybody please explain? Thank you. This could happen if you did something that corrupts your heap. Did you possible delete the pointer previously in t...

Import Excel Sheet to SQL Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing strange problem importing Excel file to SQL Server using DTS. Certain cells which are having numeric values are not getting imported. I mean they appear as "Null" values on importing to SQL Server. If I add "'" in front of this numeric values it gets imported. Can anyone explain me whats going wrong and how can it be overcomed without changing Excel File. I mean I do not wish to do any modification to Excel file but still inport it to SQL Server. Thanks & Regards MadhavRao "MadhavRao" wrote ... > I am facing strange problem imp...

Selecting a specific sheet by codename in an opened workbook (XL03
I have a master data workbook, and will be pulling in data from source XL files from various locations. At the moment, I'm trying to create a function that will allow me to pass a location (workbook to pull), and specify which sheet to grab from the source workbook, and which sheet in the master data workbook to past that sheet into. I'm having some trouble (error: does not support this property or method) specifying the source sheet in the newly opened source workbook- can anyone give me some pointers? (I replaced path/filename to shorten the code line below in the...

use a results in a Query to compare with information in a table
This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for that time. Then I get an expression that results in number of parts produced per hour. This is all good but now I need it to compare the “part number” returned in the Query with the “part number” in the Parts table and compare the “parts per hour produced” with the “parts per hour estimated” and return as % efficient. How do I that information from the parts table? Thanks for any help. Access 2007 We're not there, we can't see your...

How do I create a spread sheet w/a numerator/denomenator?
I am creating a spread sheet that has different numerators and denomenators for each data point. I was going to use "fractions" (i.e. 2/3 = 2 out of 3 is positive) however it is then converted into simpler terms loosing the denomenator feature. Such as 2/4 is then changed to 1/2 so I lose the accuracy of the denomenator. Any ideas of how I can keep the integrity of both the numerator totals and the denomenator totals? Hi! Why not just enter them as text? '2/3 '2/4 Biff "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16B4F0D1-0A5A-...

Filtering data to another sheet
In excel there is a fucntion that can filter particular data in the current page... but can i filter and display in another page!! example sheet1: Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 abc def ghi jkl bbb ddd ggg jjj bac fed ghi klj eg sheet2: ColX ColY ghi jkl ghi klj so if i have a new data enter in Col3 as ghi in sheet1 then sheet2 will auto have that new record in ColX n ColY!! that is something like linking 2 sheet.. -- lsy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23917 View this threa...

copy a workbook from other workbook with lot of sheets wit...
how to copy a workbook from other workbook with 10 worksheets with lot of macros. Last year our company had error with these kind of copied macros files. Please anyone help me to do it in the correct way. Thanks You can open the workbooks in question, press Alt + F11, in the project pane to the left you can see the macros (module) then just drag them to copy between workbooks, you can also copy and paste them as text (double click the module and a window will open with the code) and you can use macros to do it. Chip Pearson has a lot of info here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.ht...

how can i have totals from one sheet automatically placed on anot
I cannot figure out how to have totals from one sheet to be recorded in a cell on a different sheet in the same workbook =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A30) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "gvj" <gvj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:694B7367-AAF3-4B48-8202-2BC1D12E779C@microsoft.com... >I cannot figure out how to have totals from one sheet to be recorded in a > cell on a different sheet in the same workbook ...

Releasing a pointer in ExitInstance in a MFC DLL results in an Access Violation
Hello, I am trying to write a statically linked MFC regular DLL that uses a COM object. In ExitInstance of this DLL, when I try to release the interface pointer of the COM object, the DLL gives an access violation. I am testing the DLL in a statically linked MFC dialog based executable. The development platform is VS.NET 2003. Here are the steps: // MFC DLL BOOL CCrashTestApp::InitInstance() { CWinApp::InitInstance(); ::CoInitialize (0); HRESULT hr = ::CoCreateInstance (CLSID_XMLDocument, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IUnknown, reinterpret_cast <void**> (&m_pUnk)); retu...

Where can I find examples of quiz answer sheets
Where can I find examples of quiz answer sheets There are a couple of PDF files here that could give you some ideas on how to setup a page. Scroll down below the pricing http://www.stokespublishing.com/speedscorer.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50F0BFFD-06AC-468B-9D5B-8CB4D15C3325@microsoft.com... > Where can I find examples of quiz answer sheets ...

several Offline-OLAP pivot tables on different sheets
Hi, I have a Offline-OLAP pivot that work just fine, it's updating the .cube-file and pivot at start. Now I would like to have copies of that pivot with different filters and dimensions on sheet2, sheet3 and so on. My problem is that I would like that these other pivots is getting updated at start as well, so that I get the correct values directly when I'm opening the sheet. Any suggestions? Regards ...

File size for an excel sheet on the web
I have spreadsheet over 11mb that needs to be put out online however I want to reduce the file size for faster browser opening. Can the file be reduced at all and still retain the drop downs I have included? Hi cosmicnorm Check out this site http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Don't save the file in two versions but only as Microsoft excel workbook Not as 97-2002 & 5.0/95 workbook(this make your workbook big) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "cosmicnorm" <cosmicnorm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:762BAA17-A98A-4C01...

how to chart same cell in multiple sheets
I have an excel template with 3 worksheets that I created for others to input information into certain cells on each sheet on a daily basis, and resulting save with similar file names. I want to compare the information between workbooks (plotting) to see if the trend results are going up or down. Is there a way to plot a chart, based upon the information in one specific cell (or same specific group of cells) within multiple sheets (excel 2000 or 97)? I can present the information in various ways. 1) Same cell or group of cells within same named worksheet, over many workbooks (files)....