Resizing elements of Excel charts

Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.?  I can
get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work.

Oh - I just realized it is because I am working with a PivotChart.  I can
avoid that, but for the future is there any way to resize elements of
PivotCharts, or is what you see what you get?

"Artifactual" wrote:

> Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.?  I can
> get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work.
Pivot charts do not have the same flexibility as normal charts. These
elements cannot be resized in a pivot chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Artifactual" <Artifactual@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oh - I just realized it is because I am working with a PivotChart.  I can
> avoid that, but for the future is there any way to resize elements of
> PivotCharts, or is what you see what you get?
>
> "Artifactual" wrote:
>
>> Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.?  I
>> can
>> get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Need help to read Pie Chart Series Range
Excel 2003, I have an existing Pie Chart and want to extract the Ranges (cells) used. My code below returns with a "Type mismatch" error. Sub GetPieChartSeries() Dim mySeries As Series ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate Set mySeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1) Debug.Print mySeries.XValues (errors here) Debug.Print mySeries.Values End Sub Thanks, - Pat ...

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Analysis Cubes
What are the minimum requirements for using the Excel Addin for Analysis Cubes? Do you need to have GP installed to use the Excel AddIn? I have some users that need to access GP data, but I donot want to have to install GP on their Workstations, how do I do this? I am using GP version 8.0. See below for the requirements: 1. Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Server; Windows 2000 Service Pack 2; Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows XP Service Pack 1 2. To use the add-in with Analysis Services 2005, the following compone...

excel #159
How do I prevent 2 files from opening up when I click on one file? What two files are opening? If it looks like: book1.xls:1 and book1.xls:2 Then you actually only have one workbook open--but you have two windows to that single workbook opening. Click on the window you don't want anymore and hit ctrl-w to close that window. Then save the workbook. ======== If that's not it, maybe you have another workbook in a folder named XLStart. Use windows start button and search for XLStart. Then look in each of those folders for a workbook file (*.xls). Move it or delete it if you'r...

where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go
where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go. I don't know why they don't give you the option of downloading and saving them before installing the various program updates and service packs. This way whenever I do a fresh reformat of my computer, i need to spend hours getting all the updates again off of the internet, where as if I could save thme, I would just have to re-install. Any help would be appreciated Don't know about Office 2000......never used it, but Office Download center offers you the choice of installing or saving to install file to disk....

Number of wsheets in an excel workbook???
hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have about 66 - is that possible? Thanks. Maria -- mariasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656 Yes I have created a workbook with more sheets in it that that. obviously depending on the amount of data on each sheet your workbook could be getting quite large and possibly unmanageable! I guess you will have to try it! D...

moving text from a word document to excel
I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel spreedsheet, and I have a few questions: 1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the same size? 2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How can I set it up so it is not in a long column? 3. How can I insert cells without h...

How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page
If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1. How can I click on Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who work under him C -right click shape C -Format > Behavior > Double-Click -Select "Go to page: Page-2" Frank Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com... > If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page > with names in shapes of pe...

Excel-Multiple Cells Being Hi-lited
Sometimes when I'm setting up a worksheet and I left-click in a cell, multiple cells in the same column are hi-lited. After it happens the first time, it continues as I move through the worksheet, reducing my ability to get work done considerably. After some trial and error, it seems to occur when I've been adding and/or deleting columns and/or rows, after a header has been installed. I can move throughout the worksheet using the arrow keys, but it is a time consuming and cumbersome technique. I think the version I'm using is Office Professional 2007 (file extensi...

How do I add a Trendline to a Pivot Chart
How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help Thanks Leroy Maybe rightclick on one of the series lines in the chart and select Add TrendLine. Leroy wrote: > > How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help! > > Thanks, > > Leroy -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...

Excel Events Conflict with VB and C# AddIns
Hi, I have two com addins running in Excel. One is written in VB and the other in C#. Both addins are interested in the Workbookopen event. When the event is triggered the c# code captures the event but the VB code does not. If i disable the c# addin then the vb code works. Looks like the c# addin is somehow blocking the vb events. Anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks, Andy There is only one WorkbookOpen event, so once one add-in hooks it, there is nothing for the other one to hook. If you are hooking the WorkbookOpen event in your add-ins, this is likely your problem. You may need...

Summary Chart
Hello, was hoping to find a solution for the following scenerio or the best chart and process for: 1) Have 6 columns with survey results - the headers are (PQ, PA, PR, SP, DT, CI). 2) The data rows under the headers are numbers from 1 - 6 (basically a rating). I am attempting to show a summary chart for each worksheets (each worksheet has survey results from a particular location). So I will create a chart in each worksheet for each location, and then one worksheet will be a summary chart of all the other worksheets/locations combined Any idea how to do the chart inside each workshee...

Portrait only printing in Excel
I have an interesting problem. I have a workstation (Dell Pentium IV XP PRO) that has Office 2k on it. When I/we try to print to a networked printer, the document will only print in portrait no matter what changes I make to page settings or printer settings. We are on Active Directory, so as long as the documents are submitted from a different computer, it will print fine. Any suggestions? This could be a complete waste of your time, but the first thing I'd try is to reinstall the printer driver. (maybe even get a fresh driver from the printer manufacturer's web site???) Howa...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

VBA & Excel
Hi, I don't know a lot about VBA. I need to make an Exe file with VB to give 3 buttons each button starts an excel work book (book1, book2,book3). I am thinking of a form that appears on the screen. When the "Exit" button is cliked it will make an other copy of the 3 excel files on another folder (say: d:\data) for example (like a back up copy). Can any one help thanks Hi You can not make exe files with VBA. If you can use VB5 or VB6 instead then adapt the VBA code from http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbaolecontrolexcel see also http://www.erlandsendata...

Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank
HELP!!! I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step. In one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart from a pivot table. In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart. WHY DOES IT DO THIS??? I know I have followed the steps correctly. Any ideas on why Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated. Hi, Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in...

copy and paste excel freeze
Hi, I am running Office 2003 in Windows 2000 Pro. try to copy the excel worksheet and paste to another new workshee takes long and the system seems freeze for a while b4 the process finish anyone have samme experience? ...

import paradox database into excel
I have a database written in programme called Paradox and I would like to fransfer it into Excel. You may find this a bit tricky, depending on the complexity of links between tables and queries within the original database. Tables hold information, and queries manipulate that data; if you need data that is the result of a Paradox query you will not, AFAIK, be able to import that to Excel. You'll have better luck if you need data from tables. In a quick web search I notice that converter software is available, which might be a fallback position in case on-board export capability withi...

Create Folders in Directory with Excel VBA?
Hi, Is there a way to create folders with a specfic names, and have them saved in a directory. I have an excel file with 250 records with my desired folder names. I want to avoid having to through the process of selecting <File | New | Folder> then naming the folder -- 250 times! I imagine there's an easier way with VBA... please help! Thanks It can be done something like this. Attatch code to a command button on the sheet. Alter code to suit your reqirements. Test on a dummy workbook first until you get it to work the way you want. Please note that there are practical lim...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...