Reprsent negative values in excel charts

Hi,
  Can someone help in how to reprsent the negative values in the chart and
which is the best chart to represent it?
0
uha (1)

What type of chart are you making? In a line, column, bar, XY, or area
chart, the negative values are merely plotted on the other side of an axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"uha" <uha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  Can someone help in how to reprsent the negative values in the chart and
> which is the best chart to represent it?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

A Combination Chart using a Column and Line
I have a large amount of data about protein values and I have grouped these using the Analysis-Pak Histogram wizard. The resulting frequencies have been charted using the 'Column' Chart Type. Using the NORMDIST function I then plotted the appropriate Normal Curve as a 'Line' Chart Type on the same chart but using a secondary y-axis. I was wondering if there is any sensible way of scaling the NORMDIST values so that both sets of data can be charted on the same axis. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. ...

Calculating average discarding lowest value
How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest value--I am requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions. Thanks I think it would be =(SUM(range)-MIN(range)) / (count(range)-1)) replace the word range with your actual range A1:A5 eg, http://www.excel-ant.co.uk inspiredtoo wrote: > How can I calculate an average automatically dropping the lowest value--I am > requested to use SUM, MIN and Count functions. > Thanks Thanks, that is a great help and it did work, however it only requires one bracket after the -1, or at least that is what the "formula fixer...

How add value to new attribute created in Active directory
I have created one new attribute in active directory schema as "Bdate", to store users birthdate data in AD Database. Added this attribute to User Class & it is showing active in schema attribute. I checked the same is available in User Class. ACTIVE DIRECTORY SCHEMA > Classes > user. Now how to add birthdate data in this attribure field for the users. My Server Details are as under in AD Explorer. ==== Attribute: mayContain Object: CN=User,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=CPL,DC=LOCAL,172.25.52.254 [mytest.CPL.LOCAL] Syntex: OID Schema: CN=May-Cont...

How do I return to the start of the next row
I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I want to the cursor to move back to the FIRST column of the next row??? How can I command the machine to do this? Thanks Hi one way: - select your entry range before entering your data - now ENTER should bring you to the next row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Barbara Retzko" <Barbara Retzko@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0023940B-9946-4E73-9772-10198D728A4E@microsoft.com... > I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I >...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

line-column combination chart, with stacked columns
I am trying to make a combination chart with stacked colums and an overlayed line (or data point), just like it is possible to make a combination chart with "regular" bars and a line. Hi, Have you tried creating the combination chart yourself? Create a stacked columns chart, including the series you want to plot as a line. Then select this series and use Chart > Chart Type to change the series into a line chart of your choice. Cheers Andy annewcpss wrote: > I am trying to make a combination chart with stacked colums and an overlayed > line (or data point), just like ...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

Export MS-Excel to HTML
I am aware of the possibility to save an Excel document as html, but this generates a massive amount of html-code. The program xls2html do what I need where a link between each cell is created via a template. This would do the trick for me, but unfortunately this program is no longer supported and it does not include the hyperlinks in the html-code. Any ideas on how to update an html-document linked to an MS-Excel document? Real time linking is not needed - just a relatively easy way to do this every week or so to reflect price changes. Thanks. Mogens Hi Mogens See if you can find ...

Excel ? how to get data points to be crosses
In MS excel the plotted data point options are triangles, squares and circles, all solid. How do I creatt them in just outline and how do I represent data points by crosses rather than those other shapes? Double click on a series of points, and click on the Patterns tab. You can choose any of the marker styles, including a cross, from the dropdown. To get an outline of the shape, select None for the background color of the marker. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ STEJHA wrote: > I...

Linked Excel table with forced text wrap
I have an Excel table linked to Access. The text in Excel is forced to wrap (I've tried both Alt-Enter and using Char(10) in an expression - same result). Char(10) or Alt/enter code shows up as a little box in Excel with no forced wrap. Any ideas? Here's the text in Excel (shows up as text, not dates) "12/12/05 1/03/06 3/22/06" Here's what I get in Access 12/12/05(little box)1/03/06(little box)(little box)3/22/06 ...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

Printing multiple charts #2
My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one individually? Hi, Depending on you layout inserting page breaks may solve your problem. Cheers Andy Edwina wrote: > My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it > possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one > individually? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Edwina, Here is a possible workaround. Go to View>Page Break Preview Select a range of cells and the...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

Annotating charts in Excel
I am creating a line chart in Excel, and want to annotate various movements in the line. It is a share price graph, with price against date (and volumes on a secondary axis), and I want to explain the significant peaks, troughs, movements etc. Ultimately I want arrows to point to the line which are sequentially numbered - I will have a separate table which shows the date and narrative for each number (space is limited on the chart itself, as I'll have about 10-15 arrows). Rather than drawing the arrows on manually, and adding text boxes with numbers, is there any quicker way of doing it...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

combining two line charts with different x axis intervals
Hi newsgroup, I'm not getting around this one and hope that I'm just not clever enough ;) I try to get two line charts in the same graph, but they have different x axis intervals. Is this possible? For better understanding, an example of the first being x y 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 and an example of the second being x y 1 2 3 2 5 2 7 2 9 2 Thanks a lot in advance! Chris Hi, Try using a xy-scatter chart rather than a Line chart. Cheers Andy On 12/05/2010 11:50, Chris J Denver wrote: > Hi n...

Why doesn't "Replace" function find value I know exists?
Using Excel 2003, I normally have no problem with the "REPLACE" function, i.e. replacing year 2009 with 2010; however when I try to replace a value, i.e. 1000.00 with 2000.00, even though I know 1000.00 is entered many times in the worksheet, it cannot find it. I use the Format option and select "Use Format From Cell" and it still does not work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Hi, are you importing the values?, sometimes there are blank spaces that you cannot see, assuming numbers are in column B in another column enter =trim(B1) copy formula down and t...

Min value excluding 0 and another criteria
Hi I am trying to exclude zero plus add another criteria in calculating the min value of a column. I want the other criteria to be the text value of a different column. For instance column A has dog, cat, fish, etc (up to 16 category types) and column B has age. I am trying to find min age for each category and not include zero. I know this will find the min age of everything =MIN(IF($G$5:$G$40>0, $G$5:$G$40)) but i am at a lost for how to incoporate the other criteria any suggestions would greatly be appreciated On Apr 24, 10:41=A0pm, calebmich...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > >...

Smtp addresses export to excel file
I have and exchange 5.5 server. We have another location seperate from us that would like all of our smtp address in an excel format. I have tried several KB articles regaurding this. One uses the save window in exchange admin to create a csv file. This would work fine however when I open the file the only thing that is listed in the spreadsheet is the name of the mailbox, phone #, and date modified. No Smtp addresses are included. Is there an easier way. Any help much appreciated. Thanks! Hi Aaron, Thank you for your post! You can use Outlook to realize this feature. Just follow the step...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

In Excel, why sort function fails when applied to a list of date?

Excel trouble
Chris & Jerry Macrthy roml12@aol.com Maureen & Mike Mulligan momulligan@home.com Ann & George Raab araab7@hotmal.com Tom & Kathy Flaim tomkathy@nycap.rr.com Tom & Sally Ford tiford51@aol.com John & July Ford john9444@aol.com Ford pegtom-42@webtv.net Teresa-Irland stod37teachglass@eircom.net I have a user with an excel spreadsheet like this. Other users can just click on the email address to the right and have it open up an email client. On this users P/C he clicks on the address and it says that the operation can not be completed beacuse de...

Excel can't do hex
I would like to be able to define a group of cells as (hex, oct, or bin). The effect would be that when I input numbers, or the cell displays numbers they would be in the chosen format. For example: I set up cell A1 as a hex "type" cell. I set up cell B1 as a decimal "type" cell. In cell B1 I put the simple formula (=A1). Now I enter "ff" into A1 and "255" pops up in B1. I understand that there are hex2dec, dec2hex, bin2dec, ...etc formulas. These, however, aren't much help when you are trying to work with a different base across the whole spreads...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...