Remove null value categories from graph

Hi,

I am preparing a dashborad on a daily basis by putting the sales data. X
axis will be the date and Y axis will have the sales value for the particular
date. some of the dates there won't be any sales,ie. zero value.while drawing
graph i will select the entire range, so all the dates will be appearing on X
axis even if the value null. could anyone help me on this to remove the zero
value dates from the X-axis ?
0
Raiju (10)

Calculated actual work to Ave value
Dear All, I used project server 2007 sp2 with SQL server 2005 Assume one resource has enter his\her actual work for 200 hours per one month on several projects, but the default value for actual work for project server is calculated by (8 hours * 22 actual days per month) = 176 hours per month and is 100% per month work complete. It means that I have 24 hours (sub. between 200 (enter actual work) and 176 (default value)) This problem increased the cost for that resource on projects, how can I decrease or convert or calculate this value (200) to default average value (176...

Puting all the null field to 0
Is there anyway to use code to make all the empty/null field update to 0?Thanks for help. You can use an Update query to convert Null values to zero, e.g.: UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = 0 WHERE MyField Is Null; Before you do that, you might wish to consider why this is needed. If it is just that you are having difficulty handling the nulls, see: Nulls: Do I need them? at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-11.html Alternatively, if you just need this for a particular situation, you can use Nz() or IIf() as a calculated field in a query to substitute zeros for nulls in that context. ...

How do I refresh a PivotTable and remove outdated page field entr.
After refreshing a pivot table in Excel 2000, page fields values include those that were in the old pivot table data but are absent from the refreshed data. For instance, a page field button named 'Year' lists 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 as values. However, the data no loger includes any rows for years 1998 and 1999. How do I remove these values without re-creating the pivot table from scratch? There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html NT wrote: > After refreshing a piv...

Number of categories
I need to make a macro to change the between tick-mark labels with a value depending of the total numbers of rows, but I do not now the VB code to put the number of categories in the graph. I'm not a expert in VB coding, any help is appreciated, Thanks, jos One of my favorite programming tools is the macro recorder. Go to Tools menu > Macros > Record New Macro, carry out the steps you want to automate, stop the recorder, then examine the recorded code to see what you need to insert into your procedure. You'll probably have to clean it up a bit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier...

custom size too large to print, can't remove extra blank space
Scanned framed text was added to Word which forced page to custom size. After I formatted text there is a considerable amount of blank space I can't remove. There is NOTHING in the space as I have selected view all formatting marks and nothing is there, yet I can't remove. The spacing "resizer" at the top of page does not affect it either. Any suggestions?? Perhaps the text was scanned as a picture? If so, you will need OCR to render it editable. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &qu...

Counting a single value in a cell?
I want to count how often a single value (the dash symbol) occurs in a single cell than rank it. Showing two examples, AUS-IAH/PTY-IAH/AUS is in cell A1 and AUS-ORD-LHR/WAW-LHR-ORD/AUS is cell A2. Cell A1 has 2 dashes and A2 has 4 dashes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. =LEN(B10)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B10,"-","")) for data in B10 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200789 "Greg" wrote: > I want to count how often a single value (the dash symbol) occurs in a > single cell than rank it. Showing two examples, AUS-IAH/PTY-IAH/AUS is in > cell A...

Pull value from another sheet
I have multiple sheets in my workbook. On the first sheet, I am pulling data from all the other sheets for a comparison. I need to pull in a commission level for specific group numbers. Here is what I need: Sheet 1 K3 is where my formula is. I need to match the value from sheet 1 B3 to sheet 2 I4. Then, if they match, I want the value from sheet 2 N4 to show up in sheet 1 K3. Another issue may be that on sheet two there may be multiple group numbers that are the same, however all commission levels for a group number are the same. So I guess I could go average or median if tha...

null screen signing in to outlook?
how do i get rid of the screen asking for the null signin every time i open my outlook? ...

Issue importing pick list values using Import Wizard
-- Paul Croubalian VAR Sales - North America PARTpoint Inc ...

Excell Value Pack
Every time I try to load the Excell Add-ins from the Value Pack Installer, I get an error message that says "access denied." Does anyone know what to do? Larry Simonsen ...

creating data for values between 2 numbers
This is something that I have been trying to do for a long time and sort of gave up on it... but since the issue came up again, I’m going to try to ask for help again. I issue out forms, all with sequential numbers on them, to customers. These forms have lots of data on them like Name, License plate number, destination, ext. Right now with my current database, if I issue 1000 forms to the same person, and they are using the same vehicle, I have put all the data in the 1st form, save it, carry it over, and then change the number and save it again... and do this 1000 times unt...

new black cartridge doesn't work. tape removed what's wrong
I just put in a new black cartridge, with the tape removed and it is not printing. It is a high yield cartridge and is compatible to my Lexmark Z53 printer. What is wrong? Not a Publisher question. Ask Lexmark. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Frustrated Printer" <Frustrated Printer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8AE2D8B-50E4-467C-812A-97699E20917F@microsoft.com... >I just put in a new black cartridge, with the tape removed and it is not > printing. It is a high yield ...

Missing values for Modified_By in CustomerAddressBase?
Is it by design, a bug, or a config option that the CRM s/w does not populate certain fields in the rows of "children" tables? For example, why don't I ever see any values in the Created_By or Modified_By column in CustomerAddressBase, which is foreign-keyed back to (or "hangs off of") AccountBase? Thanks in advance for any help or advice. The Created_By or Modified_By does get updated everytime a record is entered into the corresponding table, in this case it will be a Account or Contact's Address under "More Address". If these values doesn't...

display var value
Hi, i want to display a value of a variabile, type into a textbox. for example num=1234 varx=763 if i type in textbox "num" i want to dispay 1234 if i type in textbox "varx" i want to display 763 who can i help???? On 26 mei, 11:57, Clax <claxc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > i want to display a value of a variabile, type into a textbox. > > for example > > num=1234 > varx=763 > > if i type in textbox "num" i want to dispay 1234 > > if i type in textbox "varx" i want to display 763...

Can't remove Public Folders from Front-End server
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 using a front-end/back-end topology. There are two FE servers (FE1 & FE2). My goal is to remove both public folder stores from FE1 & FE2, and leave the a store on the backend cluster. The public folder store has already been removed from FE1, but I can not remove all of the public folder instances from FE2. When I look under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folders, that container is empty. However, under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folder Instances, there are two replicas that I can not get rid of: Offline Addres...

Remove Arrow
Dear Expert, Got system generated files ... <.HSI> <0941.HK> <2828.HK> Is there any functions that can let me capture the content only? That is no "<" and ">" ... Thanks Elton Elton Law wrote: > Dear Expert, > Got system generated files ... > <.HSI> > <0941.HK> > <2828.HK> > > Is there any functions that can let me capture the content only? > That is no "<" and ">" ... > Thanks > Elton =MID(A1,2,LEN(A1)-2) Hi Elton Law You could use >Find &...

Wrong Values
Hi, Cell G23 in sheet "Cert_End" has the formula: =IF(VLOOKUP($A$3,Table!$B$14:$BD$93,ROW(A4)*3+3,FALSE)<>"",(VLOOKUP($A$3,Table!$B$14:$BD$93,ROW(A4)*3+3,FALSE)),"") It will look up the number from sheet "table" that corresponds with the value in cell A3 in sheet . At the cell H23, I have the formula: =GetTen(G23) where GetTen is a function that converts number into words: (98 in cell G23 will have Ninety Eight in cell H23). My problem is that I see the value "Ninty five" instead of "ninty eight". For some cells it works f...

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

Display a list of unique values from a column with multiple instances
Hi- I have a list in a column (column A) that has many duplicate values. I am looking to create a list of the unique values from column A into another column (column F). I just want to display the values from col A into col F without deleting any values from col A. From there I am planning on doing a countif based on the value in col F to see how many duplicates I have. I want to do this dynamically because anyone can add a new value in col A but I don't want to have to manually compare unique values in col A against col F to do the counts. Col A contains ID numbers that can be repeat...

Changing Graph Title W/ Pivot
If I have 3 items I am showing on a pivot chart: cost of pears, cost of peaches, and cost of apples, can I make the title of the graph change if I just want to select a specific element . For instance when everything is select the title for the graph is "Cost of Fruit". What I want is if I only want to show apples I want the chart title to read "Cost of Apples". Any way to do this? Thanks in advance! Select a cell on the worksheet. Enter a formula that refers to the pivot page cell, e.g.: ="Cost of " & IF(B1="(All)","Fruit",B1) ...

Removing second (test) exchange 2003 server
I have two exchange 2003 servers. One officially for production (1st server) and another which I recently added for testing purposes only. Both Exchange servers are in the same administrative group. The only thing I did with the test server was moving mailboxes back and forth from the production server to resolve a performance issue. Now that I've finished testing, I want to remove the test server from my exchange environment. I've read kbs 822931, 833396, 320202. As far as I know I didn't change any roles, so is it safe to say that I can remove my test exchange server? If...

3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench- (023-58056) Category: Hex Keys
Price:$69.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B001HWDNJ0 Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B001HWDNJ0 Item #: 023-58056. All hex keys are precision formed to exact tolerances for precise fitResists rotational distortion Measuring System = MetricTip Size = 3 mmTip Type = HexMaterial = Alloy SteelFinish = Black OxideHandle Type = L-Handle Meets Fed. Std. GGG-K-275 AMED 1|Meets ASME/ANSI B18.3 Customers also search for: Discount 3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench-, Buy 3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench-, Wholesale 3 mm Long Arm Metric Allen Wrench-, ...

how do you change the data order in a graph without modifying the.
how do you change the data order in a graph without modifying the table? I know it is possible if you change your table, but it is not very convenient. Thanks You can change the order of the series: double click a series, then rearrange the series in the Series Order tab. If you need to change the left-right order of categories along the X axis of a chart, you pretty much have to modify the table. If the table is for display, you could chart from a separate table, both tables linked to the same source data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutor...

Contours Graph Using Excel?
Hi everyone, Does Excel allow "Contours" graphing? If so, how please? Any online reference? Thanks, Mike Mike - I recommend Jon Peltier's article at http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=447 - Mike http://www.mikemiddleton.com "Mike" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1164744592.198193.288900@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi everyone, > > Does Excel allow "Contours" graphing? If so, how please? Any online > reference? > > Thanks, > Mike > ...

Extract numeric value from single cell #2
Thanks, thats grea -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 ...