remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

Hi,  I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
trendlines.  However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
(May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
"Linear"?
Thanks.
0
dschneid (1)

Right-click the trendline.
In the pop-up menu choose Format Trendline.
In the dialog box that appears, choose the Options tab.
Under Trendline name, select Custom and fill in the new name.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

"dschneiderch" <dschneid@gmail.com>
wrote in message
> Hi,  I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
> I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
> trendlines.  However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
> (May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
> "Linear"?
> Thanks.

remove "linear" from trendline legend entry
Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear (May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without "Linear"? Thanks. Right-click the trendline. In the pop-up menu choose Format Trendline. In the dialog box that appears, choose the Options tab. Under Trendline name, select Custom and fill in the new name. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA . http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html . (editorial review of ...

Graphing Linear Equations
I am soo sorry and I feel stupid but I can not figure out how to get excell to just graph a plain Y=mX+b line. I have been trying to figure it out for hours... please help. Excel does not directly plot functions, instead it plots data points consisting of x-y pairs. Put x values in one column and calculate the relevant y-values in the next column. Since 2 points determine a straight line, it is sufficient to enter just the desired endpoints of the line. Select both columns and Insert|Chart. Select the "XY (Scatter)" chart type with a chart subtype that connects data point...

Linear Line #2
I have 8 x,y coordinates. Is there a function (I've played with SLOPE without results) that can check if the line formed is linear through all points. Thanks in advance Mike wrote: > I have 8 x,y coordinates. Is there a function (I've played with SLOPE > without results) that can check if the line formed is linear through > all points. > > Thanks in advance Did you see Dana DeLouis' suggestion? I've pasted it below: If the data is on a worksheet, I believe the following should work. =RSQ(Y_Range,X_Range) A value of 1 should indicate a straight line. ...

X Axis Linear Representation Problem
I have a project involving a hiking trail where I am trying to capture altitude on Y axis versus mile marker location on X axis. I can enter the data in adjoining columns and use the chart wizard but each mile marker value gets positioned along the X axis in uniform increments rather than an actual linear scale representation. In other words, mile markers 3.3 and the next mile marker (3.8) are the same distance apart on the X axis in the graphic representation as is marker 3.8 and the next one (12.5). This distorts the graphic representation of the actual linear distance between the...

How do I perform linear regression?
How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? In article <1A737F33-6EB6-463C-8577-73057F207EB8@microsoft.com>, kunlez@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? > Either. Both. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions ...

non-linear scale on Y-axis
Is it possible to have a non-linear user-specified scale on a Y-axis? I have a column chart showing deviation from "normal". It has to have a positive and a negative. "zero" should be 100%. The positives are eg 200%, 300%, 400%, 500%. The negatives are eg 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 0%. I want a column which is 500% to be the same length as a column for 20%. I want a column at 200% to be the same length as a column for 50%. The theory being 5 times "normal" is the same significance as one-fifth normal, and 2 times normal is the same significance as half normal. At the ...

interpolating non-linear curves in excel graphs
I'm generally quite happy with how excel graphs the moderately non-linear x-y data I supply it - the curves pass through all the data points with a pleasing fit. I'd just like to be able to get excel to interpolate on the graph for me. For instance, the curve passes through the points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) which I supplied. How do I get excel to calculate and supply the value y3 from the point (x3, y3) on the curve it generated when I specify the value of x3? Assuming that the points (all three of them!) lie on a straight line y= mx + c Let's say your know x's are in A1:A...

splitting up linear transactions
hello. I have a two step manufacturing process, mix and fill. I am trying to split out the process so that I can build the finished good BOM in GP before building the mix BOM. I am prepared to incorporate standard costs. Has anyone any experience of doing this before? I am using GP v8. ...

how to calculate regression coefiicient,draw a linear graph
Try: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_frm/thread/864c89cf2a74193d James A. Fortune MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com ...

Linear Programming
In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable linear programming problem on a spreadsheet with a a number of constaints using Solver? Franklin - See the tutorials and examples at www.solver.com. Or, search your drive for the file solvsamp.xls, which is installed when Solver is installed and which has a 3-variable nonlinear example that is easily converted to linear. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com +++++++++++++++++++ "Franklin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c5a01c500bf$8f5038c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel how do you set up a 3 variable ...

Linear Equations
I am having difficulty graphing a linear equation in two variables by using three ordered pair 1/2 y = 2x + My ordered pair x 0 1 y 2 6 10 see as follow Pairs x (0, 2 (1, 6 (2, 10 I am unable to graph this problem and need help!!! Just select the range containing the ordered pairs and Insert|Chart. Jerry Angela Mitchell wrote: > I am having difficulty graphing a linear equation in two variables by using three ordered pairs > > 1/2 y = 2x + 1 > > My ordered pairs > x 0 1 2 > y 2 6 10 see as follows > > Pairs: > x y > (0, 2) >...

Linear Line in Graph
I am trying to create a graph for Patients per day. I would like it to graph my current years patients per day, and then do a trend/linear line for prior years pt's per day. Is there anyway to accomplish this using Access 2007? Thanks in advance for your help. Yes. If you want a more complete response, we need to know: - Your table(s) structure with significant fields and data types - Explain the difference between your current and previous year's lines - Do you want a point for each date -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Sr Accountant" wro...

Adding a linear equation to my groovy scatter plot.
I have a scatter plot chart that plots eight different coordinate points and it looks really awesome. I also have done some calculations to my data and have a linear equation of y = 0.35592x + 0.1988939. I want to plot this linear equation over the same chart as my scatter plot to show that the line and the scatter plots are very closely related. How can I do this? I assume you right-click on the chart and click on "Source Data" and add another Series, but then what? Choose minimum and maximum X values for your new line & put them in one column. Calculate corresponding Y...

How do I perform linear regression?
How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? Do you mean simply where do you perform it, or do you mean how to do it in general? "kunlez" wrote: > How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? kunlez wrote: > How or where do I perform linear regression - in the chart or worksheet? ------------ Lots of possibilities, depending on what you want to get out of it. The simplest way is to just plot your data on an X,Y chart and then ask Excel to add the trend line to the data. Right click on the data line of the chart an...

Show Pivot Table Dates in a Month/Year Linear Fashion
Hello, Is there a way to show dates in an Excel 2007 Pivot table in a Month/Year Linear fashion? Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. EXCEL 2007 Please refer to:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 94. Any good for you? If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Marilyn" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to show dates in an Excel 2007 Pivot table in a Month/Year > Linear fashion? > > Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Hi Drag Year to the Row area followed by Month to th...

Excel Linear Regression by set slope (not intercept)
Hi Guys is there a way in excel to get the linear regression function to specify a function based on a set intercept (say =1), instead of a set intercept. I believe this ability should have been included in excel from day 1. Answered under you post to microsoft.public.excel.misc. Please do not separately post the same question to multiple newsgroups. Jerry "Ben" wrote: > Hi Guys > is there a way in excel to get the linear regression function to > specify a function based on a set intercept (say =1), instead of a set > intercept. > > I believe this ability s...

non linear regression in excel
Hello I have some charts which I am trying to fit lines of best fits to. The general shape of these curves is something representing '4 o' clock' on a clock. I am trying to do non-linear regression to get the closest fit to these curves but the trendline functions on excel are very limited (ie logarthmic,exponential,polynomial etc) and do not produce a sufficient trendline. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could possibly produce the trendline that I require that fits the data on the curve. Many thanks for your help. Warm regards Nikeel - If the general shape is a singl...

VBA code to extract m-coefficient in linear trendlines from ALL charts
I have no VBA experience and have been trying to modify a code I found online used to extract all coefficients from the trendline textbox. I've pretty much gotten nowhere. The problem is that it's written to extract only the coefficients of trendline 1 in chart 1. What I would like is to extract only the m coefficient of mx+b of all of the trendlines in however many charts I may have in the sheet. The charts each have 4 trendlines in them. I would like for chart 1 tline 1 extracted to D3 and tline 2 to E3. Then tline 3 to D4 and tline 4 to E4. Chart 2 would have tline 1 to D5 an...

linear increments
Hi, I am kind of new to excel and was wondering if excel is capable of doing linear increments. I want increments that can vary, meaning in one case i want to go from 0 to 10 in increments of 2 and in other cases i want to go from 0 to 10 in increments of 5. The number of cells change. Is it possible for excel to do this w/o having to specify the number of cells needed? -- NewGuy100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NewGuy100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27935 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

linear and exponential graphs and x,y intercepts
I have two lines one linear (y=mx+c) and one exponential (y=c^bx) and they intercept each other. I believe it is possible to calculate where the lines intercept. Although I can do this by graphing the data, it takes time and allows for user error so a calculation would speed things along greatly. The problem: So for the first line using the equation y=mx+c the numbers for the 13kPa line are y=0.0021x+9e-16 And for the exponential line (y=c^bx) which we produce to using the myograph is y=0.0022^0.0046x (^=Exp) I know that the two lines intercept at 1613. But no matter what I try I can&...

Marcy Diamond Elite Smith System with Linear Bearings
Price:$1,899.99 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B001D78PCE Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B001D78PCE same gym, same product for half the price brand new on ebay. Thats where Im getting mine. I'm very pleased with my purchase. It was delivered timely. It was in good shape as far as shipping for an item weighing in at 450lbs. I looked around on line and found the best price at Amazon. com. I also shopped for other types of home gyms and for the money this Marcy beat them all hands down. The assembly was time consuming about 10 hours (I'...

Charting non-linear data samples on 3d surface plot
Hi all, I'm trying to plot some experimental data (light intensity at different positions and different voltages) on a 3d surface plot. However, the voltages (series) weren't taken at constant intervals. Sample data is: Voltage 0 1 2 2.2 2.4 ----------------------------------------------- 1mm 0 0 0 0 0 2mm 0 1 2 2 3 3mm 0 2 2 2 3 4mm 0 2 3 3 4 5mm 0 3 4 4 5 6mm 0 3 4 ...

linear interpolation
Hi, I have a set of data that has monthly (or sometimes biweekly) measurements. However, I need to interpolate the daily values using the actual consecutive data. However, I do not want to put a best-fit line or curve through the data for the whole year. I want the program to pick between two consecutive values, and depending on their relationship (linear increase or decrease), fill in the gaps between them and spit out the corresponding values. For example, I have the following set, Date Value Jan. 10 0 Jan. 15 5 what I need is this: Date Value Jan. 10 0 Ja...

I am looking for a function for linear interpolation
I am looking for a function for linear interpolation Look in HELP for the LINEST() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "azad" <azad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53A752C-DF76-4B9F-9145-6F39495088B7@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a function for linear interpolation ...

linear trendline
Hi Can someone please help me with the trendline function in the graph. Does the linear regression represent a regular/classical fit or a Deming approach? With the regular approach the lines 'drawn' from the individual data points to the regression line are parallel to the Y-axis, Deming lines at an angle defined by the ratio of the relative errors of the 2 methods. How can I calculate the Deming method within Excel? Thanks Jo ...