remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

Hi,  I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
trendlines.  However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
(May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
"Linear"?
Thanks.
0
dschneid (1)

Right-click the trendline.
In the pop-up menu choose Format Trendline.
In the dialog box that appears, choose the Options tab.
Under Trendline name, select Custom and fill in the new name.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

"dschneiderch" <dschneid@gmail.com>
wrote in message
> Hi,  I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
> I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
> trendlines.  However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
> (May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
> "Linear"?
> Thanks.

Graph two linear inequality equations
So the question is..... Any help or guidnace or direction to a web page from the gurus would be appreciated for getting it into excel so I can have a pretty graph. I can solve this with a stuby pencil and paper. Easy enough to get the X and Y coordinates. How do you put it into excel to graph? I looked online and find examples, but the more I look the more confused I get. 400j + 250X <= 20,000 (j=0 and x= 80) (j=50 and x =0) straight line 40j + 30X <= 2,160 (j= 0 x = 72) J = 54 X = 0) straight line j >= 0 x >=0 (0,72) X220 = 15,840 (54,0) X320 = 17,280 An electronics ...

I suck at basic linear math
It's been too long ago since first grade. I wish to calculate the intersecting point of 2 lines: typedef struct { POINT from; POINT to; } LINE; BOOL GetIntersectingPoint(LINE line1, LINE line2, LPPOINT lpPoint) { // if intersect, set lpPoint, return TRUE, otherwise return FALSE } Can someone fill in the body of this function? Lisa >It's been too long ago since first grade. >I wish to calculate the intersecting point of 2 lines: >Can someone fill in the body of this function? Google Lisa! http://www.geog.ubc.ca/courses/klink/gis.notes/ncgia/u32.html Dave ...

System of linear equations
Greetings, can anyone tell me how to solve a system of linear equations in Excel? TIA jijomo Well, it would be good if you could provide more information. You can use solver for finding optimum solutions. MMULT can solve linear equations as an array. jijomo wrote: > Greetings, can anyone tell me how to solve a system of linear equations > in Excel? TIA > > jijomo Can be done very easily with Solver or matrix functions. Which are you more comfortable with? Send example of a system of equations you want solved. best wishes PS My book A Guide to MS Excel for Scientists an...

Powerpoint Graph- Shading in between two linear graph lines
If I created a linear graph (in Powerpoint) with two lines: one showing actual money spent and the other showing the budget over the course of a year is it possible to shade the difference (or the region of space) between the two lines. Basically indicated the sizable difference in actual money spent and budget? Hi, Yes you can do this by adding 2 extra data series and plotting them as Area charts. Assuming your line data is currently in row 1 and 2 of the datasheet and your data is plotted By Rows. Copy row 2 to row 3 Copy row 1 to row 4 Now select the series in row 3 and change the...

Mixed integer linear program using Excel solver
Hi, I'm trying to solve a rather easy mixed integer linear program using the Excel Solver and have an unusual constraint problem. I have have 17 decision variables and I need to add the constraint where each of the variables have a unique integer value. However, I cannot seem to specify this using the Solver - my choices are limited to Int, Bin, =, >= and <=. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks, Schiz Schizoid Man wrote... >I'm trying to solve a rather easy mixed integer linear program using the >Excel Solver and have an unusual constraint problem...

Charting a linear equation
I have a chart in excel 2007, the X series is edited to be: ={0,150000} The Y series needs to be a formula, =2X+1000 How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series editor without using extra cells? Thanks! jlc On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@newsgroup.nospam> said: >How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can >make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series >edi...

Perpendicular distance from linear regression line to a point?
Hi all, First post for me on here, I have also posted this on the excel charting group. I have some Excel charts, with least squares fit lines through the data. On each chart I have a single extra data point (it's own series) and I want to know the perpendicular distance from the line to this point. This is a physical distance in the real world, as my axes are both in milimeters but to different scales. Thanks for any help. --Winny Winny, The distance from point (X', Y') to line Ax + By + C = 0 is =ABS((AX'+BY'+C) / SQRT(A^2 + B^2)) Often, line equations are writt...

Linear interpolation between nearest values -> must be able to extrapolate too...
I have a function to interpolate between its two nearest values in table. It must also be able to take the two largest and two smalles value pairs, and extrapolate from there with their slope. Any ideas, fixes, alternatives? Thanks in advance, Louis Public Function FindX(xRange As Range, yRange As Range, _ y As Range, Optional bAscend As Boolean = True) As Double Dim maxX As Double Dim maxY As Double Dim minX As Double Dim minY As Double Dim matchPoint As Long Dim matchType As Long If bAscend Then matchType = 1 Else matchType = -1 End If matchPoint = Application.Match(y, yRange, matchTyp...

Linear Trendline #2
Excel has created a linear trendline with its equations from the following points: X Y 1 4 3 12 6 15 the equations are: y = 2.1053x + 3.3158 R2 = 0.8681 I wonder if you can tell me how excel create this linear trendline from the points shown. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Maperalia - Excel uses "ordinary least squares," i.e., matrix operations that yield coefficients that minimize the sum of squared deviations. For the simple linear case, the results are equivalent to the formulas in Excel's Help for the INTERCEPT and SLOPE worksheet functions. See Excel's Help fo...

Line Chart;Linear Trend; What's the Math behind it
Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte The "Linest" function in Excel help has an explanation. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte Thanks, Jim. I did try help but I was search...

Linear Versus Moving Average
I am describing a trend in monthly Immunization totals to hospital management. Immunizations are up 17% over last year's total at this time. However, a simple linear trendline points downward because of seasonal work patterns - very high in the beginning, then lower, then gradually bending upward in the last several months. A moving average "trend" merely approximates this year's work pattern - so, why display it at all? Yet, if I were to choose to display a trendline, a moving average approximates the actual peformance of this department. Is it useful to includ...

Convert linear rate to Compounded
I am looking for formula to convert Annual stock return to a compounded annualized return. i have developed a formula that gives me the estimate annual return on a stock of 22.0%. I want to convert it to a compounded annual return. I estimate it to be around 15 or 16%. Thanks, Bob Leonard Hi Bob, Look in HELP for the NOMINAL() and EFFECT() functions -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Robert E. Leonard Sr" <rleonard@mich.com> wrote in message news:OUBXDU9NIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... |I am looking for formula to convert Annual stock return to a ...

Memory increases linearly
Hi, I've a strange problem with my application. After a few minutes working, my applications memory usage and VM size( shown in Task Manager) increases very rapidly(say 3MB per sec). With in a few minute it reaches maximum and application hangs. The application is a real time data acquisition tool which allocated and deleted memory continuously. This problem is observed only when gflags is enabled for the application. For enabling this flag, we uses pageheap.exe from microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q264471/ Is this an expected behaviour with pageheap? I couldn't find a...

Extracting Constant from Non-linear Trend line
Hi, I just want to ask for assistance on how to calculate the constant values on a given trend line (Non-linear). Basicaly standard equation is Y = AX^2 + BX + C. How can I calculate A, B, C, from a given x's_arrays and y's_arrays using excel (without the help from graph trendline). Thank you.:) Tom -- tomsan82 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tomsan82's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=552542 See Trendline Coefficients and ...

Linear fit while fixing slope

how to add linear line to the graph
Hi there. I'm doing control chart study and I have plotted one scatter plot in my graph. I want to plot three more linear line inside the graph but I do not know how to carry it out. The equation is something like y=0.2655, y=0.224, y=0.304. Could anyone help me with this? I have allocated this task f\by my supervisor as I'm a new trainee. Thanks. Regards, Doven Yap Add a Line to a Column or Line Chart http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html Run Chart with Mean and Standard Deviation Lines http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html - Jon ---...

calculate non linear equation lines using excel
how do i calcualte a non linear line equation using excel? i have the graph with the non loinear line on i just need to put the equation on. Dawn wrote: > how do i calcualte a non linear line equation using excel? i have the graph > with the non loinear line on i just need to put the equation on. > There are hundreds (or thousands) of forms of non-linear equations. You gotta know what you want to figure out how to get there. If you're looking for a simple approximation, then for example you can put your data points onto a chart in Excel. Then right click on the line on...

Linear Regression
I have five numbers in: A1,B1,C1,D1,E1 Is there a function that will give me the linear regression of those numbers that can be put in D1, with charting etc? TIA Linear regression works with ordered pairs. row 1: 1,2,3,4,5 row 2: 2,4,6,8,<formula> formula in E2 : =FORECAST(E1,A2:D2,A1:D1) will return 10 Any use? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Saxman" <john.h.williamsREMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:XpidnXpInZMDMx7WnZ2dnUVZ8m1i4p2d@bt.com... > I have five numbers in: &...

stock chart non-linear y-axis
A chart displays columns representing #shares traded for a group of 20 stocks along x-axis. Because the displayed values span a wide range (some columns are 1000x larger than others) the small volume stocks are hardly visible. What is needed is a way to make Y-axis non-linera; however, a log scale is useless because of the enourmous compression that takes place at the higher end of the y-axis. Is there a way of displyaing non-linear values at a scale less than allowed by log values? Web-based stock charts do this regularly, for example see chart displayed on Yahoo finance of Apple Computers ...

linear interpolation
Hi, I have a set of data that has monthly (or sometimes biweekly) measurements. However, I need to interpolate the daily values using the actual consecutive data. However, I do not want to put a best-fit line or curve through the data for the whole year. I want the program to pick between two consecutive values, and depending on their relationship (linear increase or decrease), fill in the gaps between them and spit out the corresponding values. For example, I have the following set, Date Value Jan. 10 0 Jan. 15 5 what I need is this: Date Value Jan. 10 0 Ja...

I am looking for a function for linear interpolation
I am looking for a function for linear interpolation Look in HELP for the LINEST() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "azad" <azad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53A752C-DF76-4B9F-9145-6F39495088B7@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a function for linear interpolation ...

linear trendline
Hi Can someone please help me with the trendline function in the graph. Does the linear regression represent a regular/classical fit or a Deming approach? With the regular approach the lines 'drawn' from the individual data points to the regression line are parallel to the Y-axis, Deming lines at an angle defined by the ratio of the relative errors of the 2 methods. How can I calculate the Deming method within Excel? Thanks Jo ...

Excel should display linear equation of line drawn on graph.
Make a graph (chart), draw a straight line on the graph. So what's the slope and the intercept? An option to display the linear equation would quickly reveal both. Excel cells should be able to directly link to precise values of the coefficients of the equations displayed in a graph. I can't say how many times I've modeled a best fit only to find that a coefficient changed when my original data changed or that a manual entered coefficient wasn't precise enough and yielded a bad fit equation. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

non linear regression in excel
Hello I have some charts which I am trying to fit lines of best fits to. The general shape of these curves is something representing '4 o' clock' on a clock. I am trying to do non-linear regression to get the closest fit to these curves but the trendline functions on excel are very limited (ie logarthmic,exponential,polynomial etc) and do not produce a sufficient trendline. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could possibly produce the trendline that I require that fits the data on the curve. Many thanks for your help. Warm regards Nikeel - If the general shape is a singl...