Reduce white space in chart area

How do I reduce the white space around my pie chart?
0
anonymous (74722)

Select the chart's plot area, and drag one of the corner handles out.

To select the plot area --

   If the chart is selected, and the chart toolbar is visible,
    select 'Plot Area' from the Chart Objects dropdown list.

   Or, imagine that the pie chart has a clock in it.
     Click just outside the pie, at the 2 o'clock position,
     to select the plot area.

To resize the chart, drag one of the handles on the plot area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
8/19/2004 4:53:05 PM
Thank you!

0
anonymous (74722)
8/19/2004 5:15:21 PM
I love these forums! I've been trying to figure that out forever

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Changing to Combination-chart from existing chart
I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the same chart. How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform them to bars? Regards Jan Hi Jan, Right click a line series that you wish to change. From the popup menu select Chart type and pick bar. Cheers Andy Jan wrote: > I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I > now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the > same chart. > > How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform > them to bars? > > Reg...

Static Chart Data Range
Excel-2007, simple line chart: I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into the workbook? I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ... but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84. I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of moving ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

change exist chart to be dynamic
Hi all How can I change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a name in y axis only but no name of x axis. How can I create a series for x axis? Thanks in advance Daniel You need to understand how dynamic charts work. There are tutorials and links to more on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6...

Interactive Chart Examples
I once was given an Excel file (protected of course - D'Oh!!!) where the person had charts that were interactive. There were various series and you scrolled thru a scroll bar to select the series you wanted. It would change the chart as you scrolled Can anybody point to samples that folks have done to do this. Previous posts have given a few links but I was hoping that someone has an example That I could use so I do not have to develop one from scratch. Thanks. Homer J. Simpson Hi, Have a look at these examples, Series and data http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.h...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Suggestions for freeing up mailbox store space plan?
Hi all, I need to clean up mailbox stores on two exchange 2k3 ent servers . Here is our current exchange setup and 1st draft on plan: Setup-- Exchange 2k3 Ent (native mode/ No exchange SP) Server1 -- Win2k3 Ent w/SP1 Server2 -- Win2k3 Stnd w/SP1 Each server has four storage groups. Server 1 Storage groups come out to 160gbs and server 2 Storage groups come out to 145gbs. Each server has 4 mailbox stores and 1 pub folder store. The largest mailbox store on each server is 50gb. The other mailbox store sizes range from 8gbs to 20gbs. The pub folder store on each server is 70gbs. I can give...

Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2
If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first column is shown vertical and the text in the second column is shown horizontal in the chart. If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in both columns is shown horizontal. If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's vertical. Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow? ...

Visio 2003 Organizational Chart 2002 Compatibility
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C52B1D.54B10360 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and I = have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file format. My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the = pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and = collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20 Thanks, Todd ------=_NextPart_000_0045_...

Pivot Chart Bar Width
Is it possible to stabilize the width of the bars when using a Pivot Chart? When there is very little data to chart - based on the values I select from page data pull-downs - the bars are really fat. Other times they are thin. I would really like to have a standard width. tia Pat Watson Pat - The bars are based on a percentage of the spacing between categories. If you have fewer categories, the bars get wider. If you decreased the bar width (by increasing gap width on the Other tab of the format series dialog), they'd be much further apart. You can't adjust these automatical...

Time-based floating bar chart
I have a problem similar to "Kaixi". I have data for elapsed times of backups, and I'm trying to chart the beginning and ending time of the backups for each server. The only problem is that each server may have more than one backup job, so I need to chart the elapsed time from the earliest start time to the latest end time, with gaps shown where there is no activity. The data looks like this: server start-time end-time abc 08:00 08:30 abc 08:00 08:45 abc 09:00 09:30 def 09:00 09:10 def 0...

SPC Control Charts
Does anyone know if Excel can create SPC control charts? I can not find them anywhere. Not as a basic chart type. You can roll your own. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht has suggestions. Jerry Skip wrote: > Does anyone know if Excel can create SPC control charts? > I can not find them anywhere. ...

reduce poster to regular sheet
Win 2002/XP Is there a function in Publisher to take a 11 & 17 poster -"shrink" and print out on 8-1/2 X 11 paper ? Thank you Pat Joram pjoram@monroecc.edu What version Publisher??? Some printers have Zoom Smart... Look at your printer options. You can select all, copy, paste special, picture and shrink it that way. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat" <pjoram@monroecc.edu> wrote in message news:OMlCDHQvEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Win 2002/XP > > Is there a function...

Reduce database size
My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? Thanks. coupleofdogs wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow. Is it possible to > reduce/compress the size of the database or remove old data? You can shrink databases, rebuild index.. and delete old journal entries (digital copy of receipt) .. which is the size of your database ? cod The database is 911 Mb. It shows I have 16 Mb left. Thanks for any help. "coupleofdogs" wrote: > My database is getting pretty large and slow....

multiple charts
Hi, is it possible to create one chart per line of data? I have file with hundreds of names and their corresponding data that needs to be mail merged into a letter with their chart. Kathleen Hi Kathleen, > Hi, is it possible to create one chart per line of data? I have file with > hundreds of names and their corresponding data that needs to be mail > merged > into a letter with their chart. Try going here http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts/tabid/102/Default.aspx and download the 'Multiple Chart Builder' Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Can you help me chart this data?
I cannot find a way to chart this data - can anyone make suggestions: The data represents each of our servers by component ID, age, End of service life, failures, MTBF, Maint cost and business unit. The corresponding values are scored - the goal is to identify assets to be tech refreshed by thier score, ie. if a component has a lot of failures and it is really old, we may decide to tech refresh. ID Age EOSL Failures MTBF Maint Cost BU C102204 7 12/31/2010 4 688 £5,460 Corporate Score 3 10 3 ...

excel charts to ppt: x-axis creep
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The x-axis of large data-point line charts 'migrates' when copied to PPT; that is, the starting date in the x-axis creeps up from, say, 1973 to 1977 in charts copied to PPT. Any remedy for this? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346044558_20412597 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On 1/8/10 6:20 PM, in article 59bb0604.-1@web...

chart error/shutdown
When in Portfolio, and click on the chart icon of a stock or fund I get the message that an error has occured and Money will shut down. I have Money 2007 and this only began a few days ago. thanks, Jim -- kinj ...

Import Charts and data to Access
Hello I have an excel sheet containing data and graphs(Charts) based on them. I want these data and graphs to be imported to Access. Data must be linked together with specific graph (chart). I dont mind if the graph (Chart) is imported as image. I want to have a combo box on the top of a form. When I select an option to appear the data with the specific graph(chart). How I can do that?? Is there any example similar on the internet to look at it?? Please help me! Thanks in advance Hi Kyriaki, Speaking very generally...yes, it's possible to: - Link your Excel spreadsheets to an Acces...

Stacked bar Chart in Excel 2007
How do you make a stacked bar chart vertical in Excel 2007? My chart is defaulting to a horizontal stacked bar chart. Thanks EM When you use Insert | Column Chart pick the stacked icon Not sure what you mean by 'default' in this case best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "ExcelMonkey" <ExcelMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF1F0D4-3E97-4F81-BFDC-FDEF35789A78@microsoft.com... > How do you make a stacked bar chart vertical in Excel 2007? My chart is > defaulting to ...

Custom chart use on another machine
Hello, I have created several user-defined chart "templates" for the purpose of having a macro use these charts to present data that is being pulled in from a text file. Everything works fine on my computer, but when the same workbook emailed to another computer and launched, the macro that is responsible for generating instances of my user-defined charts, fails because it does not recognize the user- defined chart types. Sure enough, when I looked at the available chart types, the user-defined charts that I created were not there. Does anyone know why these user- defined...