Radar (aka spider web looking) Charts

I have radar charts in excel which I link to a publisher file. I run a macro
from an access database to feed the excel file and update it on a regular
basis. I am having a very frustrating problem where my radar charts are being
re-sized in excel when I update my excel file or when I update the links in
publisher. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Denise
0
Denise1 (113)

Publshing form objects to web
I am trying to publish and Excel spreadsheet with a form object, specificaly a slider (or a scrollbar), to the web. I want people to be able to manipulate the slider so that it manipulates a graph. It works fine _within_ Excel; but, I am unable to get this to work when I publish it to the web. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Scott ...

Can I set up an area chart in Excel with stepped changes?
I'm trying to plot the area of carrrigeways and footways from survey data. Many of the examples are instances where the width/area changes at a particular point rather than gradually. Excel area charts show the area changing gradually - i.e. from trapeziodal rather than rectangluar calculation. Hi, If you use TimeSeries axis and provide the extra information then yes. http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "simonjb" <simonjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDAB540...

Chart Covering Info from Multiple Sheets
I have survey data and each sheet holds the scores from a certain week for each of the 11 questions. I want to make 11 line charts that will show the answers over time for each question. For instance, chart 1 would be question 1. A week would be the x value of each point and the y value would be the average score for that question. The score is in the same cell on each sheet it that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Zach I moved this here because I wasn't getting any replies in the chart section. -- OlYeller21 --------------------------------------------------...

add data labels in charts with tools (dynamically)
I try to use both ROb Bovey and JWalk's tools to add data label to a scatter chart. As I need to do the same chart for each sheet in a workbook I try to copy and paste it in each sheet...the charts itself runs good, while data label (that refers to cell located in the same position for every sheet) disappear and I must re-insert them manually? Where do I get wrong...? You also have to redefine the data range for the plotted points, too, don't you? It would be easier to copy the entire sheet complete with its chart (I assume it's an embedded chart?). Right click on the sheet ta...

Unlocking A Grid For Moving Text Around In A Chart: How, Please ?
Hello: Using MS Excel 97 SR-1 Guess this dates me pretty well,m but it does most everything I want. When making a graph, I sometimes put text notes in the graph. The text seems to be locking itself to a pre-ordained Grid. Is there any way to eliminate this grid locking, so I can move the text smoothly to where I want it ? Thanks, Bob Not sure if it is in Excel 97, but on the drawing toolbar in later versions there is an option 'snap to grid'. see if this helps -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hocke...

Several charts in Works spreadsheet into Excel seem lost.
I have a spreadsheet that collects rainfall during the year and provides plots showing month by month and YTD against normal rain fall. When I imported this into Excel, all the charts, which were not easy to set up with various matching ranges of fields seem to have disappeared. Are they really gone? Why does Microsoft hate Works so much? ...

automate charting #2
To continue the analogy: The four columns of numbers represent the different activities of the fruit eg. in stock, on order, sitting on the shelf, sitting by the counter. The first two columns of numbers are in thousands, and so get plotted against the left y-axis. The last two columns of numbers are in tens, and so get plotted the right y-axis. The month column is plotted along the x-axis. Is the answer still a PivotTable with an associated PivotChart? Rgds, Ooi Ooi - Use a Pivot Table, with a Pivot Chart or a Regular Chart. Put headers on your data (which is already ideally set up f...

Post-versus Pre-surveys scatter plot chart
How I can do a Post-versus Pre-survey scatter plot chart? -- DSR For others who might be interested, I got an email from this person. Usually, I refer people to the newsgroups or just delete the email. This time I took the time to actually respond. Below is a copy of that reply. I assume you mean surveys that were conducted pre and post some event (such as a class) rather than pre-survey and post-survey because the latter, at least to me, is meaningless. There are a variety of ways to plot this, all being on the same chart. If your data are normally distributed plot both sets. I ...

subscripts in chart legends
Is there a way to have individual characters in a chart legend as subscripts? I cna make the entire entry a subscript, but I only want a single character. Jon Peltier has an ASCII table in an Excel file that you can download from his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/tricks.html The code for superscript 2 is Alt+0178 Michele wrote: > This is the exact question I was going to post. You > mentioned superscript characters, would you know the > subscript characters for 2? > > Thanks for your help. > > > >>-----Original Message----- ...

When clicking on a chart, how do I make it come to the front?
Greetings all! I am working in Excel 07. I have many charts on each worksheet and I have them overlapping to minimize the amount of scrolling I have to do. In previous versions of Excel, if I clicked on a particular chart it would come to the front of all the others so that I could see the complete chart. How can I do this in 07? Greg They have changed this in 2007 over loud protests. You can shift-click on the chart and use the drawing tools for bring forward and send backward to change the chart stacking order. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom ...

How do I Chart a spreadsheet that has multiple columns of data
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple columns of data. What I have been asked to do is take the 6 categories and get the actual and standard data in a chart. Any help would be most apprciated. -- DMM Did you try selecting the data and running the chart wizard? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BF238C3-6394-460D-928F-69CA1921BE9D@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that has multip...

Using Microsoft Excel Chart object in VB6
I have added a "Microsoft Excel Chart" object to a form, then sized th chart to fit the form. The chart has been modified to show the prope axis labels, scaling, etc. In effect, creating the template. The Excel Chart has a "Chart" tab and a "Sheet1" tab where the Sheet tab is the actual worksheet for the chart plot data. My problem i filling in "THIS" worksheet with data from my array. I cannot find an object reference to an Excel worksheet in my project. The Excel Char object only has parameters for height, width, top, bottom locations etc. As a stab...

Line in chart into ONE arrow
I’m trying to make an ordinary line chart but instead of a line I would like an arrow pointing right in the direction the line is heading. So, the line would actually be one big arrow moving over the x-axis. Is it possible? Hi rick, Is this the sort of thing you mean? http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng10.htm Cheers Andy rick spender wrote: > I’m trying to make an ordinary line chart but instead of a line I would like > an arrow pointing right in the direction the line is heading. So, the line > would actually be one big arrow moving over the x-axis. Is it possible? -- Andy Po...

What is controltip text? Looking for a field to store some text
I need a field in the properties to store a descriptive name of a textbox's contents. If a required field, which has "R" in the Tag field in the properties, has not been entered a message box appears: MsgBox "Please enter a value for " & ctl.Name Where ctl.Name is the name of the text box. l need to be able to say, for example, "Department Number" instead of "txtDeptno". I could put "Department Number" after the "R" in the tag and parse up tag but is there another field? How about ControlTip Text or Validation Text?...

need help with using Free/Busy on the Web
I want to post my Calendar to our company's website, so I'm using the Free/Busy feature in Outlook 2000. I successfully posted my vfb file to www.mydomain.com/freebusy (bogus site). I then went to another user's PC and pulled up my Contact and went into Details and entered my Free/Busy address as http://www.mydomain.com/freebusy/myname.vfb. When I tried to creat a New Meeting Request and invite myself, an error came back saying it couldn't connect to the URL. Now, I would rather use FTP instead of HTTP for all this, but I had trouble there too. I pulled up MS KB article 291621...

Peltiertech dynamic control chart
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html How can this dynamic control chart is made. Need step by step instruction Thanks Daniel Daniel, Jon provides an Excel workbook with the example that you can download via the link you provided. -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Daniel" wrote: > > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html > > How can this dynamic control chart is made. Need step by step instruction > Thanks > Daniel > I never got around to documenting this chart, but you can deconstruct the worksheet and c...

Changing many charts in one worksheet
I have a worksheet with over 100 similar small datatables and charts. It has been asked of me that I now chart one more column of data from each table. The data is there and I can record a simple macro to plot the additional series from the first table to the first chart. My question is, how do I get the macro to go to the next table and plot the additional data to the next chart. The data is always in the same column, different rows. I tested this simple macro on a worksheet with three charts. Each used data from B:D to populate two series and there was additional data in E. The m...

Changing Line in line chart
does anyone know how to chnage a line in a line chart making one end an arrow and making the entire line very thick (thicker than Excel allows in the drop down box) Thanks > does anyone know how to chnage a line in a line chart making one end an arrow > and making the entire line very thick (thicker than Excel allows in the drop > down box) This can be done with a macro, by drawing a polygon shape over the line chart series. With little explanation, the code is given below. The chart must be a line chart with a category, not time scale, axis. In the block of code that begin...

How do I re-size a chart without using a mouse?
I have 9 charts on one legal size area and would like all of them to be exactly the same size. If you drag the charts, they still look off balance. Is there a way to enter specific sizes? Thank you!! Hi, If it is just the chartarea size then you can select all the chart objects, hold the SHIFT key whilst click each chart, then CTRL+1 to bring up the Format dialog. On the Size tab you can set the same values for all charts. If its elements within the chart such as plot area or title position then the F4 key can be used. Just perform 1 action then select the next chart and press F4 ...

multiple charts from a single pivot table
Hi can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table? Nope. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table? No, but you can copy the pivot table to create another which uses the same pivot cache, so they will refresh in synch with each other, and share any grouping and calculated fields. Filtering won't be synchronised though, so you may want to either automate that with macros or use formaulas to check for bas...

Charts dont refresh to show changes to data sheet
Hi All I have a reporting system in Excel with all my charts on one sheet and then one sheet per chart with the data on. When the user changes different configuration and data sources my VBA whirs away and modifies all the data sheets as appropriate. What has happened is that all of a sudden changes made on the data sheet are not automatically reflected on my charts. For example, even something simple like changing the name of a series on a data sheet is not reflected in my chart! I try a F9 to force calculation and still nothing. I try to reset the source data and it still does not update ...

Needed: Chart that combines clustered column and stacked column types
The chart is to show projected financials for a business. - Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a problem. - Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it (Clustered Column) show Net Income. Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this. Posting a simple example would be a bonus. Many thanks. gerry <at> pairofdocs <dot> net O...

Can I make Column Chart use percent and show value
Hi, I need to make the Stacked column chart use % but show the actual value in the count. I tried the !00% Stacked Column. But as it says, it shows the 2 values as 100% but what I want to show is one value as 100% and the other as over 100%. Then I want to show the actual value in the column (not as a percent). Ie 2 values are 50 and 25. The 50 would be the 100% and inside that column would be the value 50. The 25 would be stacked on top of the 50 and be at 150% with the value of 25 inside its column. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks in advanced for any help! Hi, Lay your dat...

Publisher Newbie looking for Record Macro
Guys/Gals Is the old 'Record Macro" available in Publisher 2003. I am new to Publisher but and old hand with Office and VBA. I need to create some print looping macros for Publisher but cannot find The old record option Any Clues ?? T.I.A. Greeny A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Greeny <greeny@nospam.gisoz.com>!"... > Is the old 'Record Macro" available in Publisher 2003. Nope. Publisher didn't introduce Record Macro functionality with its VBA tools > I am new to Publisher but and old hand with Office and ...

Copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint
I have a chart that has the left side range from 0 - 700000 @ 100000 increments, but when I select the chart & then go to Powerpoint to paste the picture it changes the range to -100000 - 700000 @ 200000 increments. Anyone know what would cause this? The chart must be shrinking in PowerPoint, so the charting engine wants to use fewer axis ticks. If you've specified a maximum but no minimum, it will use your maximum and run out where it needs to. If you'd specified no maximum, it would do 0 to 8xxx by 2xxx. If you specify all axis parameters, they will not change. Doub...