Question Variation: Shading a portion of the space between two lines

I posted a question on March 21 about how to shade a small portion of
space between two lines and got an answer from Jon that helped
immensely.

I have a slight variation on that question.  I've tried manipulating
the data in several ways myself, and got close, but no cigar.

Here is my revised question.  I have another chart with two
intersecting lines.  I want to shade a small portion of the space
before the intersection and another small portion of the space after
the intersection.  Specifically, there are 13 points on each line and
I want to shade the space between points 1 and 5 and again between
points 8 and 11 (the lines cross between points 6 and 7).  I can get
the left side shaded properly or I can get the right side shaded
properly...but I can't get both sides shaded on the graph at the same
time.

Here are the data points in case that helps.

0	25
0	24
1	23
1	22
4	21
12	21
25	20
40	20
48	20
55	20
51	20
46	20
33	20

Thank-you to anyone who has any ideas for me.

Lori

Hi,

This shades both sides but there is a incorrectly shaded part where the
lines cross. Perhaps the stuff Jon has shown you will allow you to deal
with it.

Any way plot 3 series as area chart. Assuming your test data is in the
range A1:B13 use these 3 formula in C1:E1

C1: =IF(A1<=B1,B1,A1)
D1: =A1
E1: =MIN(A1,B1)

Copy formula down to row 13.
Format Series 5 fill to be same colour as plot area.

Cheers
Andy

loriburrell@hotmail.com wrote:
> I posted a question on March 21 about how to shade a small portion of
> space between two lines and got an answer from Jon that helped
> immensely.
>
> I have a slight variation on that question.  I've tried manipulating
> the data in several ways myself, and got close, but no cigar.
>
> Here is my revised question.  I have another chart with two
> intersecting lines.  I want to shade a small portion of the space
> before the intersection and another small portion of the space after
> the intersection.  Specifically, there are 13 points on each line and
> I want to shade the space between points 1 and 5 and again between
> points 8 and 11 (the lines cross between points 6 and 7).  I can get
> the left side shaded properly or I can get the right side shaded
> properly...but I can't get both sides shaded on the graph at the same
> time.
>
> Here are the data points in case that helps.
>
> 0	25
> 0	24
> 1	23
> 1	22
> 4	21
> 12	21
> 25	20
> 40	20
> 48	20
> 55	20
> 51	20
> 46	20
> 33	20
>
> Thank-you to anyone who has any ideas for me.
>
> Lori

0
andy9699 (3616)

SetTimer() question
I'm using the timer function 'SetTimer()' and 'KillTimer()' function to start and stop the animation. The problem is, the animation pauses during the call to the Sleep() function or call to a function that takes a long time to complete processing. What can I do so that the animation does not pause. Thank you Put the long process in a seperate thread. Or Pump messages in between your long process. You can also change your sleep to do something like this void CMyApp::Wait(DWORD HowLong) { MSG Msg; DWORD Start = GetTickCount(); while (Start + HowLong > GetTickC...

Computer to phone line connectivity
Is there a program or software on a dial-up internet connection that will stay on-line while somebody is trying to make an incoming call? or can I use the same telephone line while i'm surfing the internet? ...

Looping Question
I want to use an if....end if statement in VBA that repeats over 20 times. The problem is that each iteration of the loop involves a different field in my table (20 different fields) so the coventional way of looping doesn't work. How can I do this without having to repeat the if....end if statement 20 times in code. below is my code: If Me.Txtm1 >= getdistance Then Me.Txtm1.Visible = False Me.t1.Visible = False Me.tt1.Visible = False Me.S1.Visible = False End If If Me.Txtm2 >= getdistance Then Me.Txtm2.Visible = False M...

Basic sumif question
This may sound stupid but please bear with me. I want to calculate the sum of a column base on a true or false query. Column A Row 4 has the value of F or M, I want to sum up Column A row 6 to row30 depending on the value of row 4, in row A 33. So in structured English I would assume it would be... If A4 = F Then A33 = A6:A33 In Excel I have tried this... =SUMIF(B9:B33,"=F") But it returns a value of 0 even though I have values in A6:A30. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Paul I found your description to be somewhat confusing. One interpretation would use =SUMIF(B9:B33,&quo...

Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart
Hi, I am trying to create a chart (with a data from a table). I'm using excel 2003. I manage to do it pretty well, I'm just facing one problem: I have 2 lines which are crossing eachother in a curtain point. Is there an option to show this exact point on the chart? (meaning, with the exact X and Y location) I couldn't find such option in the chart properties and settings... Many thanks! JJ. -- jinjon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jinjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28903 View this thr...

Question About Junk Folder/Mail
When one looks at the Junk Mail folder for either a POP or otherwise server, and does the ongoing Let-Em-In method as follows: 1. Highlight Junk Mail 2. [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Add to Safe Senders list 3. then (on the same message) [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Mark as Not Junk , these two commands certainly work, but one other annoying item is that it assigns the message or messages highlighted as Read. A look in the folder where the [erm] mail rules are supposed to place it shows the message having been processed, but marked as Read, thus not highlighted and fairly dif...

Question about System.Xml.XmlDocument.SelectNodes
Hello group, I have a some xml that looks like this below: <tuneRequests ct="3" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <tr xsi:type="trGenericType" number="2"> <s name="KATU" call_sign="KATU" affiliation="ABC Affiliate" id="28455700" ppv="0" /> </tr> <tr xsi:type="trGenericType" number="3"> <s name="KOAB" call_sign="KOAB" affiliation="PB...

Why would the same chart appear different to two users?
I created a chart in 2007 Excel which looks fine. I sent the file to a co-worker and when she opens it the chart has all of the data pushed into the left half of the chart with the right side blank. Chart is using a primary and secondard vertical axis. I can provide screenshots of what I see and what she sees if that helps. ...

Developer Toolkit question
I am trying to use the Developer Toolkit for Visual Studio for Dynamics GP to add a custom form to the Extras menu. All of the sample code is for C#. I am trying to do it in VB and it won't seem to work. Below is my code. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Chris Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic Imports System Imports System.Windows.Forms Imports System.Collections Imports System.Collections.Generic Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Bridge Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications.DynamicsDictionary Public Class GPAddIn Implements IDexte...

Revised formula question
I guess I haven't explained my first questions very well. The answer will vary depending on what amount the formula is being calculated against. The answer will not always be same. I need to have a formula that calculates commission on the first $1500 and not any additional money on anything over $1500. So if a person raises $1300. The percentage is .034 - the commission would be $44.20. If a person raises 1500. the percentage is still .034 the commission would be $51.00. If the person raises 1600, the percentage is .034 for the first $1500 and the commission is still $51.00 because he...

Linking two subforms in a subform
Hello, I am trying to link two subforms that reside in one subform that resides on a main form page. mainform - frmContacts2 main subform- name: subfrmextensions1, source object: frmExtensions1 subform1 - name: subfrmEXT_FLS, source object: frmEXT_FLS subform2 - name: subfrmEXTFLS, source object: frmEXTFLS When trying to link the subform frmEXT_FLS and frmEXTFLS, the database does not recognize it. Here's what I put in the properties in frmEXTFLS. CHILD FIELDS: ID MASTER FIELDS: forms!frmContacts2!subfrmExtensions!subEXT_FLS!ID Does someone know what I did wrong here? Thanks! ...

Visio 2003 How to darken expansion timeline connecting lines?
When I create a expansion timeline,the dotted lines which connect the expansion timeline to the primary timeline are so pale that they can barely be seen when the drawing is printed out. I can not figure out how to make them darker. Any help would be appreciated. Select the expanded timeline shape. Then go to Edit > Open Expanded Timeline to open the group edit window. Select the dashed lines you want to format and make any changes you want. Then close the edit window. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Corrupted attachments cause out of space error
I hope this is the right place to ask this: We are having a problem with attachments to emails becoming corrupted as shown in the example below. The error message is "552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation" however we have confirmed through multiple tests that ample storage is available at the mailbox level and the the server level (disk space). The garbage characters appear to be the attachment and they appear in the error message that is returned to the sender. My speculation is that the body of the email and the attachment somehow are corrupted and in t...

compare two tables
For testing purposes I generated (2) identical tables using (2) different methods. Somehow, one table came out with 18 more records. How can I write a query that would generate those 18 extra records? -- TIA On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:22:00 -0800, tsison7 <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For testing purposes I generated (2) identical tables using (2) different >methods. Somehow, one table came out with 18 more records. > >How can I write a query that would generate those 18 extra records? Create a new Query. Select the "Unmatched Query Wizard". ...

questions how it work live mail
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB458A.4FDC1D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable HI=20 I am very confusing about live mail on my mircosoft email, it seem not = work online email and receive.. It does make me frustrate. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB458A.4FDC1D60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> ...

Make Publisher default font and line spacing preferences availabl.
When bringing a mixture of text and graphics (in an ad for example) into one publisher file from another publisher file, publisher automatically changes the font of the imported box to Perpetua and changes the line spacing to 5.96 or something. I am assuming there is a way for this NOT to happen but I can't find it and it's not obvious in any of the help menus. ...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

SQL Server 2005 CAL question
If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at the HQ server. Thanks in advance. Phil get a min of 5 cals Its not only the clients to think about its also any office PC that connects to SQL. "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2F3590-032F-4B4C-9CEC-5A6A6BC7F46D@microsoft.com... > If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at > the > HQ server. Thanks in advance. > > Phil ...

create automatic response to questions in excel....
Hi, Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? thank you, Felicia On Dec 1, 6:39 am, felicia <feli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one > question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? > > thank you, > > Felicia One way, with questions in A1:A10 and corresponding correct answers in A1:A10 on a hidden worksheet with tab name "Answers"... right click the tab of the sheet with the qu...

Upgrade question
Hi I'm planning on upgrading both my OS ( to OS X 10.4.1 ) and my Office ( to 2004 ) at the same time. I'm planning to wipe my drive and update everything from scratch. My question is regarding updating the Office Professional installation. Will I need to install the earlier versions of Office and Virtual PC to make this go? I own Office X and Connectix Virtual PC 6 and have purchased the Office Professional upgrade. I'd prefer to not have to install the earlier versions if I can avoid it. Thanks Claude In article <d7finv$vrn$1@bolt.sonic.net>, claudel@bolt.sonic.net...

Tutorial on line available?
Need to learn this fast. Is there an on line tutorial (free, of course) that I may use? Thanks in advance There are quite a few general ones, here's one: http://www.itts.ttu.edu/documentation/excel/excel2/exceltxti.html also, there are a lot of sites with useful information. John Walkenbach has a good list here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/ HTH tim "Semudemu" <Semudemu@aol.com> wrote in message news:03e201c34bd7$e55c9e50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Need to learn this fast. Is there an on line tutorial > (free, of course) that I may use? > Thanks in advance &...

Creating a summary page without blank lines
I have a project where I need to determine if the billing for supplemental charges for employees matches what is actually deducted from the employee's pay check. I just started this position and what I am working with is a separate spreadsheet for each month's bill. What I have done so far is to create a spreadsheet with a tab for each month that just has the supplemental information being billed for in the left most columns and what was deducted from each paycheck in the columns to the right, a tab that lists employee names and employee numbers, and a summary page that lists...

VBA to suppress a specifc line item in SOP Grid
I am looking for a way to suppress one line item on the sales transaction entry window. My example is, if there are 12 line items entered on a sop order then the order is saved. If a users goes back to that order I would like to display all line items except a single line that has a specific item number (for example “Z-DUMMY”). ------=_NextPart_0001_444A8341 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Drial This is possible using Dexterity or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). In Dexterity you can use a SQL Where clause or a reject record command in the LINE_FILL scri...

Suppres Zero or empty Cell value in a line graph
Hi I'm using Office 2007. I have two charts using data from the same sheet. The second graph is a copy of the first. In the first graph, the empty and zero value cells are not displayed. In the second graph, the zero value cells is displayed (draged to zero) although the option "connect points with line" is checked. The strange thing: if I change the Y-data to another part of the sheet, it is no longer dragged to zero. Even if the cell is empty it's still dragged to zero A formula that returns "" is not an empty cell, it's a formula (or it's a small ...

overlaping dates in two files
MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to and now have two files, both .mny files with 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004 Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present. I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts (three main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of the month. Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced in the 2003Archive.mny file to give...