Question about Dynamic Charts

Using the examples found at
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicRange I was able to create a dynamic chart as shown.

However, does anyone know of any examples where the data is row based (as
opposed to column based?)... I had difficulty figuring how to switch it up.

Thanks,
Adam
0
adam1685 (340)

I found an example that works: http://www.primeconsultin.com/faqs/faq4650.html

"Adam" wrote:

> Using the examples found at
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicRange I was able to create a dynamic chart as shown.
>
> However, does anyone know of any examples where the data is row based (as
> opposed to column based?)... I had difficulty figuring how to switch it up.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam
0
adam1685 (340)
10/25/2006 2:56:02 PM
If you read the explanation about the OFFSET function, and if necessary
refer to the help files, you will see that the parameters in OFFSET refer
alternatively to row and column measurements. Swap the arguments within the
function, and you can work with row- or column-based ranges.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using the examples found at
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicRange I
> was able to create a dynamic chart as shown.
>
> However, does anyone know of any examples where the data is row based (as
> opposed to column based?)... I had difficulty figuring how to switch it
> up.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
10/26/2006 1:50:24 AM
I didn't mean that to sound snide. Please don't take offense.

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> If you read the explanation about the OFFSET function, and if necessary
> refer to the help files, you will see that the parameters in OFFSET refer
> alternatively to row and column measurements. Swap the arguments within
> the function, and you can work with row- or column-based ranges.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Using the examples found at
>> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicRange I
>> was able to create a dynamic chart as shown.
>>
>> However, does anyone know of any examples where the data is row based (as
>> opposed to column based?)... I had difficulty figuring how to switch it
>> up.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Adam

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Getting Chart Point info
Hi - I am building a "drill down" chart. When you click on one of the points of the chart, it takes you to anohter chart based on the informaiton on the point. I am using the MouseUp event and I have the Arg1 and Arg2 data. What I don't have is the actual "name" of the point. If you mouse over the point it will tell you the "name" of the series and the "name" of the point. How do I get this "name"? Arg2 simply tells me which point (1,2,3,4 etc.) in the series. I need the name. thanks Lizzard ...

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Installed Updates Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA9E00.E827EE00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Vista Basic x32 sp2. In checking my installed updates I have found that many were installed = on 9/29/2009. This is correct because I formatted my HD and installed Vista Basic on = that date. But, I find that KB935509 and KB937287 are showing install dates of = 1/20/2008. How can these 2 updates show install dates prior to the date I = formatting my HD?? James ------=_NextPart_000_...

Pivot Table Question #12
I've created a pivot table and it works well - counts the number of items in each category. What it doesn't do is count the number of blank cells. It gives me a blank category but, alas, it is blank. I want the blank category line to tell me how many blank cells I have. I know that this is possible, but just can't seem to make it work. Can someone help? Thanks! To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Betty Csehi wrote: > I&#...

General question re Error Handling
hello experts This is just a general question for my own education. I've dabbled in a fair amount of Access VBA in the past, but have just started learning about Excel VBA. In Access, we would use Error Handling in almost every sub, but In Excel, error Handling seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I can't even find much about it in the Excel VBA help, and there are relatively few references to it in this forum. What gives? Just Curious Terry W. Terry, I use it all the time. My favorite approach is: Public Const bDebug as boolean = true or false (de...

Missing Standard Chart Types
Hi, after full installation of MS Office 2003, I tried to insert a chart into a worksheet. But, when I go to standard chart types, I can see ONLY 1 chart sub-type for each standard type. I did similar installation on another PC and I have many. What should I do to add more chart sub-types? Thanks in advance. JerryR ...

a Solver question
Hi, I am trying to use Solver to solve a scheduling problem. We get orders every Sunday, and then schedule the production for the following week. The order is as follows: Prod1 Prod2 Prod3 M 4 1 T 1 W TR 2 1 F 1 SA S 2 The numbers indicate the amount of products we need produced BY this day. And we have schedule tables for two plants like this: Plant 1: Prod1 Prod2 Prod3 M x11 x12 T x21 x22 W x31 TR .... ... ...

Compatiibility question
Hello Since I am going to college I qualify for the academic version of Publisher 2003. If I buy the academic version is this completely compatable with Publisher 2003? I anticipate sharing files with friends who have Publisher 2003. One other short question is when is a new version of Publisher coming out. Thanks Paul I was not aware of an Academic priced version of Publisher 2003. However, there is only one version available, so both will be 100% compatible. The next version of Publisher is due out October/November of 2006. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www....

Charting two averages
I am trying to create a chart for real estate showing the length of a task vs the final results. There are three variables representing each trial: Group ID Duration Results For each group there is a variable number of trials. It was a simple task to use a pivot table to create a bar graph of the average duration for each group, sorted in ascending order, and the pivot table included the average results in the table as well. What I want to end up with is a bar graph with the group IDs on the X axis, sorted by the average duration, charted on the Y axis. To this graph I want to add a...

simple checkbox question
I really dont know much about VBA and/or macros and have what probably is an extremly basic question. I wasnt sure how to word it so when trying to search it i didnt really get any answers. all I want to do is add several checkboxes to a spreadsheet, if the user checks the box, I want the cell underneath it to be equal to 1, or any number or letter, it doesnt matter. i just used 1 in an IF formula but can change it if needed. what i am doing is a timesheet so that users can keep track of how many hours they worked each day, and if that day is a holiday, i want them to be able to use the ch...

Mo2004
Recently ( a few months ago) I started using MS Money 2004. Previously I had been managing finances on excel with formulas I had created. This was wroking great but someone suggested to switch to financial software to make things flow a bit easier. Since using Money 2004 I have had some struggles: #1 - My budget varies from month to month (who's doesn't?). Whenever I make changes to my budget it apears to retroactivly change all previous months. How can I get it to just change any given month? Along the same lines, can I make adjustments to prior months? #2 - At the end of...

SMTP - ISP Question
Hi everyone, please accept my apologies in advance if this slightly off-topic but I though this would be a good place to ask... I am looking for some recommendations for a UK ISP who will register a domain (web hosting not terribly important) and will provide me with an SMTP feed. I have the connection and the public IP addresses already so I do not need a bundled service. Many thanks to all in advance, Kapa ...

copy and paste excel charts as same size
I have a workbook that I need to make many charts in. And most of these charts are the same from page to page, just with data from a different sheet &/or series. I want to copy and paste one chart several times and then update the data series. However, when I paste, the chart always comes out about 75% of the size of the original. How can I copy and paste and keep the sizing in tact? I'm using Excel 2002 SP3. Thanks, Laurie A couple ways worked for me. You didn't specify that you were pasting copies of the chart onto the same worksheet and then scrolling down or over... The t...

Sumproduct Dynamic Range
I have a sumproduct formula(s) that is calculating very slowly in my workbook. =SUMPRODUCT(((Data!$D$2:$D$10000=$E22)*(Data!$A$2:$A$10000='H-Code SS Report'!F$21)*(Data!$K$2:$K$10000))) I'd like to insert a dynamic range to improve performance, but haven't had any luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Rather then try to dynamically do each range in your SUMPRODUCT formula, utilize dynamically defined range names. ie SUMPRODUCT(--(range1=2),range2) Debra Dalgleish's Contextures site has a good section on establishing dynamic names ...

HTTP and HTTPS sessions question
Some secure sites have HTTPS session stay secure from login till end of communication with site(log off). Some sites are HTTPS only when log in, after login, they become HTTP, and become HTTPS only when log off. (Yahoo mail for example, etc) What are the chances that session can be intercepted and sidejacked and traffic content recorded, especially as I know this danger really exists, and its carried purposefully and intentionally, by recording DSL traffic. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=session+hijacking+attack&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=sess...

% completed in a Gantt Chart
Is there a way to show the percentage completed for a given task? I would like the bars in my Gantt chart to show how much of the task is completed, either by manual input of a % completed column, or based on calendar days. For example, on a given task's bar, 75% of the bar would be blue, the remaining 25% green, indicating the % completed. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:56:01 -0800, Michael B. <MichaelB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to show the percentage completed for a given task? I would >like the bars in my Gantt chart to show how much of the task is comp...

BUG?: Excel scatter chart: will not plot x-values
I am trying to make a simple scatter plot. There are two columns of data. Excel will not plot values on the x- axis, only categories. I have entered the ranges for x and y values correctly, and the chart wizard shows it; yet, the chart comes out with the x-axis showing only the points numbered in the order they are entered in the spreadsheet. Oddly enough, if only one y-value is included, it plots properly; the x-axis correctly shows the range of x-values entered, and the single data point shows up at its proper xy location. as soon as I expand the y-range to more points, the x-axis r...

Multiple charts with same serie names
I want to have the same color in all four of my line charts per series. All charts have the same series name. Is there some type of VBA code that I can run a macro to achieve this ? example: boat = green line mnotorcycle = yellow line auto = red line Hi, You could avoid VBA, maybe, by choosing Tools, Options, Color and setting the first three colors of the Chart fills aor Chart lines area depending on the type of charts you are using. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: > I want to have the same color in all four of m...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

Visio Org Chart being moved over as an object in powerpoint
I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around groups of boxes with arrows on each end and when I move or should I say copy to powerpoint one set of dotted lines become solid and I have no idea why? Can someone tell me. I suspect it's the fact that you may have copied it as an emf/wmf. Visio tries to ease the pain (since dotted lines make very large files) and converted them to straight. al "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D15E003-C042-478D-8113-2453AD2855D7@microsoft.com... >I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around g...

IF Statement Question
Hello, I have the following statement that does what I want =IF(G10=3,-3,IF(G10=4,-2,IF(G10=5,-1,IF(G10=9,1,IF(G10=10,2,IF(G10=11,3,0)))))) If the random number is between 3 and 11, a value is generated, my problem is if the number is either a 2 or a 12, I want to get another number For example Random Number List 1 List 2 2 --- 8 7 0 n/a 12 --- 4 So if a number is between 3-11,...

Offline Address book question.
Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD. However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What I found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute. - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local" - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First Organization>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local Can an...

Elements in Chart Object move around between saves
I have a line chart embedded in a worksheet. This chart has a title and legend at top and 9 text boxes that display data from cells using a formula entered in the formula bar. I carefully arrange all of these items in the chart object and then save and close the file. When I re-open the file, one or more of these objects is no longer in the location where I placed them during my previous session - they've moved around inside the chart object. Has anyone seen this problem before? Is there a way to keep this from happening? ...

Why do series names on charts disappear when re-opening excel?
I have set up some bar charts in excel to display the series names and values of each series. However, when I close the application and re-open it, the series names are gone. I have checked the chart options, and the series name box is still checked. How do I fix this? Thanks ...

chart formatting #2
since excel already has conditional formatting for cells, it should also have conditional formatting for charts. like turning a portion of a line red if it falls, then the next blue if it rises. just a suggestion. Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pringles." <Pringles@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0975DF9-CBA2-41A2-BB20-0BA647A40846@microsoft.com... > since excel already has conditional formatting for cells...