put all sheets in one

i need to put the numbers of all the sheets i have created onto one sheet
have this done automatically is there anyone out there that can do this
0
Laura (120)

Laura

This is very doable with a macro.

You set up a consolidated_data sheet and a loop to cycle through all of you
source data sheets copy target range and paste to next blank row in
consolidated_data sheet.

Is the layout for each source sheet the same? How many sheets? All sheets in
book or selected sheets? Will you be doing this one time or repeatedly?

Do you know VBA or do you have access to a VBA programmer?

The answers to these questions address whether you are better off doing it
manually or with a macro.

For < 10 sheets, may be quicker to do it manually.

...Kelly

"laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i need to put the numbers of all the sheets i have created onto one sheet
> have this done automatically is there anyone out there that can do this

0
dkod (205)

sheets #2
Hello, I have a problem. I have sheet1,sheet2 and sheet3. In sheet1 i have 2 columns ( column1 and column2). Column1 Column2 text1 3 text2 5 1. problem In sheet2 I need to create drop down box so I can choose if I want text1 or text2. But how can I import to drop down box column1 and column2 data from sheet1? Example. If I choose on sheet2 from drop down box text1, it needs to write text1 and number 3 (text1 in one column and number 3 in other column) 2. problem In sheet 3 I have simple drop down box which reads Column1 from sheet1. But I need manually to ...

problems with forming sheets
PHP code ------------------- Hello I have a problem that is a bit complicated for me. Is there anybody who has idea? I have 2 excel sheets. In the first sheet , there is a lot of data like Column A Column B Column E Model Name Price1 1000 ABC 20 1003 ASC 10 1004 WSX 30 1005 EDF 20 And in the second one, there is also a lot of data with price 2. Column A Column B Column F Model Name Price2 1000 ABC 40 ...

Print 3 receipts in one register
I have 2 printers, one for receipt and the other for reports. In the Store Operation Manager I have configured Printer1 for sales receipt format and printer 2 for gift receipt format. Physically they share the same printer,the receipt printer. How can I print a third full page receipt by the report printer? -- Nothing Unfortunately you can't, you can only have the 2 defined per Register. Rob "NothingMuch" <NothingMuch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ABF2B40-5DD7-489D-852C-6A1ABC8E59B5@microsoft.com... >I have 2 printers, one for receipt and t...

Hide/Delete entire rows based in the content of one cell
Hello all. I have a spreadsheet that is over 500 rows long. As it is I have no use for all of the rows at the same time and have to keep hiding and showing them as need arises. Is there a macro to hide chunks of it based on the value of one cell of the row? In other words, en each row I will have a formula like =if(a1=0,"HIDE","") and this value will tell the macro wether to hide the row or not. I tried case.select but it takes a LONG time and I would have to write a piece of code for every line. FYI, the rows that need hiding will be in sequence, in other words, fro...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

Missing Sheet tab #2
The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get it back??? I am using Excel 2007 Thanks Kamal Try Changing your display resoulution up a step? And then open the file. Kamal wrote: > The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get > it back??? > > I am using Excel 2007 > > Thanks > Kamal > > ...

how to print 4x1 on one using publisher
Hi There How do I print 4 copies on one sheet of A4 using microsoft publisher? Yours P D Is your publication at least one-quarter of the size of the sheet you're printing on? Or is your design a full-size and you are trying to scale it down to fit 4 on a page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "paulantpat" <paulantpat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8288E435-9741-4139-AD12-FD987A148CE5@microsoft.com... > Hi There > > How do I print 4 copies on one sheet of A4 us...

Multiple E-Mail Addresses On One Account: Identities
A question: my ISP (Earthlink) provides me with eight e-mail addresses for my account. I use one address for personal mail, another for business, etc. I'd like to set up each of these e-mail addresses as a separate identity, but don't see how to do that (it appears that the identities are linked to the ISP). Can anyone help? Thanks. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? Outlook uses profiles, not identities. If you are using Outlook Express, post in an Outlook Express news group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

S.O.S. Need Assistance ~ Is this one possible & how?
I'm trying to create a formula in a range that basically equals designated percentage which will be used to graph a chart on a separat worksheet. The example would be: if a date text is entered into the range, an once that is populated that particular filled in range will then equa 10% (the date text shows in the range not the percentage) Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FIGURED IT OUT...IT WORK -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Cannot open Price Sheet
Hi All, We encounter an error message that says "This record is currently in use by another user" when trying to open a Price Sheet although no one is using such record. Kindly advise how to fix this problem. Thank you. Hi All, I already found the solution. I cleared the tables in Dynamics: ACTIVITY SY00800 SY00801 And in TempDb: DEX_LOCK DEX_SESSION -- Yani "Yani" wrote: > Hi All, > > We encounter an error message that says "This record is currently in use by > another user" when trying t...

Mailbox permssions from one storage group to another
I have two storage groups, each with one mailbox store. The first storage group contains a public folder store. All of the permissions for the users in the first storage appear to be correct and functioning normally. Everyone in the second storage group looks to have much different inherited mailbox permissions that don't look to be correct. Almost all of the groups including administrator, enterprise admin, exchange domain server have inherited allow AND deny for full mailbox access. Is this correct? I doesn't seem right to me... Where do you change what inherited rights are aqu...

Index/Contents Sheet
I use Excel for 90% of the day. I use and create lots of sheets. Nothing is worse than when your Boss asks you a question and you say "I have that info in a sheet I created last month", but because it i over a month ago you either cannot remember the name or in which of th multitude of folders it lives in. and he is standing there looking mor and more frustrated as you do a search on *.xls at a rough date. I got really sick of this scenario and decided to do something about i and this might help you! Save a sheet called 'Commonly Used Files' or anything you want i Program...

Print 2 pages on one page in Excel
I need to print 2 pages on one page, I have 3 colunms of data on each page 400 pages, I want to print 6 columnms wich would be 2 pages of data on one page how do i do this?? Hi BIGCHAD36 Look on David's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "BIGCHAD36" <BIGCHAD36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9FC46D-2DBC-403D-9B96-EFA2A503A0C3@microsoft.com... >I need to print 2 pages on one page, I have 3 colunms of data on each page > 400 pages, I want to print 6 columnms wich would be 2 p...

Can I put "OR" in a IF(AND statement?
Hi. I�m using this expression on a worksheet. =IF(AND(A13="p",C13="small",E8<11),"1 km","n/a") There are 7 different possible entries I need to put in C13 but I can� figure out how to express it � consequently I had to group them into th two categories �small� and �large�. What I�d like to be able to do is to modify this so I can put th �raw�data in � so I can say something like IF(AND(A13=�p�, c13 = �a� o �b� or �c� or �d�, E8 <11), �1 km�, �n/a�. Of course the next thing I need to do is for the other possible entrie � IF(AND(A13=�p�, ...

Issue creating charts in excel sheet
Hi, I had written a vb code to create multiple charts in a single Excel sheet. The issue which I face is that in a single sheet the charts are getting formed ( 9 charts in a single sheet) but all the charts appear exactly one above the other. (t seems like only one chart is generated) I am not able to position them such that they are placed evenly. Please find the code used to add charts to a sheet The below code was placed in a loop to produce 9 charts in the sheet 'Sheet12" With xlwCust.Charts.Add .SetSourceData Source:=xlsCust.Range("A1:" & strCellRe...

2 Cells on 2 Sheets
Hello! I have a workbook with 2 sheets. Currently - Sheet 1, A1 is a dollar amount entered by the user Sheet 2, B1 references Sheet 1, A1 and is locked. Now - We would like the user to be able to change Sheet 2, B1 and have it update Sheet 1, A1 and vice versa. So that the user has the option of changing the dollar amount in 2 places, rather than on Sheet 1 only. Is this possible? Thanks in advance! Sarah You can do it by using an event macro that looks for changes. But this can easily break if the user doesn't allow macros to run--or even turns off events. I wouldn't use this....

transfer shares from one a/c to another, lose history
Hi, To transfer shares from one investment account to another, which is the best option to use? I have been using the transfer out option, but by doing that, all the transaction history is lost. Is there a way to preserve it? Thanks. It's still preserved in the original account. "ab" <nospam@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:26qqf.4339$Ou3.1708@dukeread09... > To transfer shares from one investment account to another, which is the > best option to use? I have been using the transfer out option, but by > doing that, all the transaction history is l...

If, say, =SUM(I2:I10) totals "0", how to change formula to put a "0" in I11?
I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to work. How can we change formula, pls, to have "=SUM(I2:I10)" show up as "0" in I11 if there aren't any values anywhere in I2 to I10? Thanks. :oD If there are no values to sum the formula should already be returning 0. What result are you getting? Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:OV$7dJLnHHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to >work. How can we change f...

sharing one .pst file on 2 networked computers
what i want to do is have 2 computers on a network share the same outlook.pst file - i have opened the outlook data file on the second computer but it cant be open on both computers at the same time - is there a way to do this. i hope you understand what im trying to do :) thanks MS does not support the use of a pst over a network - it will likely lead to corruption. OL requires exclusive use of the pst. "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote in message news:ex1dau5LFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > what i want to do is have 2 computers on a network share the same > ...

How can I put photos in Microsoft Access Form
I used the information BobLarson said in putting photos in Microsoft Access Form but it's not working. My computer keeps asking for Form1, which I deleted because nothing was happening the way I wanted it to. What I would like to know is there a online video that can show how you can do this procedure. And how can I get my computer stop asking for Form1. "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E015B36-D605-428D-9275-C95DAC1DC3AE@microsoft.com... >I used the information BobLarson said in putting photos in Microsoft Access > For...

Individual sheet protection in shared workbook
I have a shared excel workbook with multiple sheets used by different people. I want them to have their own password for their sheet so that only sheet owner can edit the content of sheet. Please advise how do i do that? It is a two step process 1. Under tools> Protection Choose allow others to edit ranges select the range then assign password each range should have different PW you can select entire sheet if you wish 2. Then tools>protection Pick protect worksheet assign a password --- This protects the sheet and enables the range password ...

how to merge data from multiple columns to one column
I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge these three into one column? Try... =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 for the format John T. Smith OR =C1&", "&A1&" "&B1 for the format Smith, John T. Hope this helps! In article <24D1088D-0AB1-4910-BF0E-37D8D7A4C056@microsoft.com>, "w8ting4hlp" <w8ting4hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge > these three into one column? ...

One cell from several sheets to one column
I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets. I want to copy the same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column. The worksheets have unique names. Is a macro the easiest way to move the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab, so I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately? Thanks, Kel Examples of sheet names and what cell you want? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------------------------------------...

Copying emails from one os to another
I recently upgraded the os on my computer and I was wondering how to copy messages from one os to the other. Jamie White <jamie.boss@jatos.co.uk> wrote: > I recently upgraded the os on my computer and I was > wondering how to copy messages from one os to the other. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...