Problems with stacked bar charts - but not others in same workbook

A coworker put together a work book for reporting.  All I have to do is enter
figures in 3 or 4 fields on one sheet and the bar chart is supposed to pop up
on the second sheet.  We are tracking several programs and each program has a
data input page and then the "pretty" chart page.  On some of the charts,
they come out just fine.  But there are 2 (and 1/2 of a 3rd - it's only a
little bit wrong) charts that are showing the total amount in 1 color instead
of the 3-4 colors that it should be showing.
I would like to think that I am exceedingly proficient in Excel (and, truth
be told, I don't think said coworker *really* knows what they're doing ...),
but I have never seen a problem like this.
I have been all over it, ever which way I can think of, but I have no idea
how to fix it.
Any ideas?
TIA!

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Winmail.dat problem with SBS 2003..and yes i have read the other wiinmail posts
Ok, so I have read thru all the winmail.dat posts in this group and the outlook group, problem is most of them are geared towards ex 5.5. Well I have sbs 2003 and I have one user in my entire company that can not send a excell spreadsheet to one recp. without outlook 2003 i converting into a winmail.dat. I have tryed everyhting I can think of. I reinstalled outlook. I have sett all the options to send as plain text globally and for that contact that gets the winmail.dat files. I have been working on this for a while, but I do believe I checked the setting on exchange to allow the user to ch...

Problems after kb890830 and kb978542 updates
After windows Vista installed kb890830 and kb978542 I noticed 4 problems so far. 1. MSN Service not available, error code: 800706b5. (This happened with previous updates and I fixed the issue by doing a system restore to a previous date.) 2.When I started internet explorer (ver 8.0.6001.18904) I got a message my default search engine was corrupted by another program. 3.I tried the usual system restore and found there were no restore points available 4. I had some unknown problem trying to log into this site. It kept giving a site not available message. I am running windows vis...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Cell Reference Problem with Network
Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB. SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1 But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the network drive and file name like: ='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1 the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the network. How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but alwa...

New entity
when i attach a contact to an account i have an option - to choose an account from the list, or to create a new one. but i dont have this option when i work with two custom entities (1 to many relationships). only to choose from existing when i want a assign a primary entity to a secondary one. is there a workarround? this way makes me press much more buttons in different forms. i have secondary objects already created due to my business proccess, so i need to go to the primary entity, create an object, then to go back, to open a secondary one and to attach the primary one to it. thanks ...

Making Bars Transparent
Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? Hi, Here is a work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Tiffany wrote: > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > Here is a work around. > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm > > Cheers > Andy > > Tiffany wrote: > > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? > > -- &...

Converting From ADO.Net XML to ADO problem
Using the method described in Microsofts Knowledge Base article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316337 to convert an XML file created by a DataSet into an XML file read by ADO. This seems pretty straight forward and the ADO recordset *opens* without error, however it's quite empty. Any attempt to use it (e.g. MoveFirst or RecordCount) causes an E_FAIL error. The translated XML file has lots of data when viewed with a browser. The code is below... DataSet ds = new DataSet(); try { SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM MyTable", SqlCo...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

Problems with Crystal Reports
Hi everyone We are currently encountering a problem with Crystal Reports on MSCRM. Launching one takes about 10-15 seconds before data is displayed (even if only 1 record is retrieved). The standard Accounts reports are worse, we get a Timed Out error everytime. We are deploying MSCRM on 2 servers - CRM Server has dual procs and 1GB RAM. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards. Hon Having Crystal reports in CRM 1.0 timeout is a known bug. (Happens after you try to retrieve more than about 10K records.) There is a private hotfix. It will also be fi...

Urgent OWA 2K3 Setup Problem
I am fairly new to Exchange 2003 and IIS so this may be a silly question. I have a single 2003 Domain and Exchange organisation that contains 2 backend servers, one is for staff the other students. The default email policy is set for e.g user@emailaddress1 a second policy is set to user@emailaddress2 which is applied to all users on server2. I have configured OWA on Server1 which works fine but can't access any mailboxes on Server2. This is where I get a little confused! The settings on the default http virtual servers on both servers point to the default email policy but the mo...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Clear Format problem
I am trying to write a macro to clear ALL format in a range of cell. However, I run into a problem. I am using the Selection.ClearFormats command and it works in most cases, but fails when multiple format are applied to the cell. For example if a cell only contains "Hello wonderful world" all in bold than ClearFormats will remove the bold formatting. But if the cell contains "Hello wonderful world" where only "wonderful" is in bold, than ClearFormats does not work and the word "wonderful" remains in bold. Does anyone know how to clea...

OWA problem on front-end server
I'm currently running Exchange 2003 over Windows 2000 SP4 with a front-end server handling all the OWA and SSL. I've foung that any email ending with ..EML as opposed to .EML (note the extra dot) gets a 404 page not found. However if I log into OWA on a backend server the same email with the ..EML opens no problem. If anyone has some insight into this problem I'd be greatly appreciated. Take a look at: 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This...

Shared Calendar problems
We have created a secondary mailbox which includes a calendar for booking a conference room. If I want to book the room, I arrange a meeting with the room (using a modified calendar form) and a secretary accepts the meeting. It appears that something in my modified form is causing a mistake, as when the appointment is viewed (by anyone) the meeting time changes to the current time and if the person viewing it closes the appointment down they get the option to save the changes - thus updating the calendar and clearly causing a few nightmares with the booking! Any suggestions as to where my form...

Problems with Colour Printing
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting (including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the sheets will not need to be "Unchecked"...

Problem with "New Message to Contact"
I've created an Exchange public folder, which contains 50 contact folders. (This allows us to allow different regions access to just their customers.) I want to send a mail message to a group of customers. So I highlight all the contacts with e-mail addresses, go to the Actions menu and choose "New Message to Contact". I get the following error: "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." I am the owner of the folder! This method works in a different Exchange public folder, just not in our customer folders. It does...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

how do I arrange multiple worksheets from the same workbook
I want to open multiple worksheets from the same workbook and tile them horizontally. I know you can do it with multiple workbooks, but i can't open worksheets from the same workbook. Any ideas? try <Window><New Window> Yow will see two views in the same workbook which you can manipulate separately. If you delete one view the data is not disturbed. If you save while showing the two windows, It will open with two windows when you reopen the file. "skytags" wrote: > I want to open multiple worksheets from the same workbook and tile them > horizontall...

Learning C# properties from O'Relly book
In a simple time class, int hour /* public int Hour // This works { get { return hour; } set { hour = value; } } */ // Automatic property? public int Hour { get; set; } // This doesn't set hour ! // Client code Time t = new Time(now); int theHour = t.Hour; Console.WriteLine("\nRetrieved the hour: {0}\n", theHour); theHour++; Console.WriteLine("\nUpdated the hour: {0}\n", theHour); Michael Hanson wrote: > [...] > // Automatic property? > public int Hour { get; set; } // This doesn't set hour ! W...

Nz & Dlookup problem
I keep getting the #Error in my text box. What is wrong with this syntax? =Nz(DLookUp("[Affiliation]","tblFaculty","[FacID] =" & [Outside]),"") Check the Dlookup 1. Check if the name are correct 2. If FacID field is a text field and not numeric, add a single quote before and after the criteria DLookUp("[Affiliation]","tblFaculty","[FacID] ='" & [Outside] & "'") 3. In any case, try running the dlookup without the text box using the Immidate windows (press Ctrl+g) and then type ?DLookUp(&qu...

Fore Color Field Problem
Hi I have problem with fields from the main form that thier value is from a subform query subtotal result - after the main form is open I changed the fore color to red and I saw that with the debugger but when I open the main form I see that the fore color of the fields is black again. I don't know what is the cause for changing of the fields for color from red to black again. Can you please help me with that? Thanks On May 5, 2:31 pm, hmadyson <hmady...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I think that this is going to be tricky to solve without seeing your > application, ...