Problems with Pie Charts

I have a long column (about 1000 cells) in my excel spreadsheet which
consists of Y (yes) and N (values).  When I try to create a pie chart
telling me what percentage of N values are and how many values of Y
are I get a wrong chart, I do not know how to do this since I do not
want to count manually how many Y valuse and X values are in order to
do it that way.  Is there a way by selecting a the whole column to do
this?
thanks
0
chavari (5)

Hi

Try making use of Excel function =COUNTIF(RANGE,CIRTERIA)
to find out the number of Y and N, base on these results
to create a pie-chart.

0
anonymous (74722)
7/9/2004 2:29:50 AM
I get a value of 0 when trying this =countif(range,criteria) am I
doing it right by range being my complete column and criteria being Y?
thanks

"Poh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<2a1a401c4655c$9c4c01c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> Hi
>
> Try making use of Excel function =COUNTIF(RANGE,CIRTERIA)
> to find out the number of Y and N, base on these results
> to create a pie-chart.

0
chavari (5)
7/9/2004 12:50:02 PM
Oh forget about my last post I got it to work perfectly, thanks!!!!!

"Poh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<2a1a401c4655c$9c4c01c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> Hi
>
> Try making use of Excel function =COUNTIF(RANGE,CIRTERIA)
> to find out the number of Y and N, base on these results
> to create a pie-chart.

0
chavari (5)

problem with CDataSource Open
Hello! I have a MFC Dll where I have a call to Open for a CDataSource object. I get error when calling Open for object of CDataSource the error code from this call is -2147024770 which is 0x8007007e To make it easy for me do debug I created a MFC application by using MFC Appwizard(exe). The code in CTestApp::InitInstance() is generated except for the code that follows the text MyCode.(see below) I can use odbc to connect to the database by using testconnection which returns with successful. Here is the data thta I use. DataSourceName: IDTHU1 TNS Service Name: IDTHU1 ServiceName: ...

Default Border Color Problem
I have Excel 2002. When I try to add a border to a cell, the color defaults to light grey instead of black, even though the color control under Format>> Cells>> Border says "Automatic". How can I change the default color for automatic to be black instead of light grey for ALL spreadsheets? I've seen a similar string about this before, but there was never a resolution that worked. looking forward to your help! bb Hi! One possibility: Goto>Tools>Options>View Under Window Options make sure Gridlines color is set to Automatic. Biff "Bobbie&qu...

Problem with "Application.Goto Reference" code line
In my Workbook_Open() subroutine, I run the following line of code: Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), scroll:=True This code works okay, but whenever I mark my "Sheet1" as hidden, the code no longer works. The error message that I get is Run-Time Error 1004 - Method 'Goto' of Object '_Application' Failed. Is there any way to use that line of code on a hidden sheet?? thanx The sheet needs to be visible for that code to work. "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...

if isblank problem
I have written following formula on technical sheet of my workbook =if(isblank(q31:q36),0,sum(q31:q36)/4) which gives me correct answer true version ie 0 but when try to enter on summary sheet as =if(isblank(technical!q31:q36),0,sum(technical!q31:q36)/4) i get false version any ideas why? Thanks Tina Hi try =if(countblank(technical!q31:q36)=6,0,sum(technical!q31:q36)/4) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tina wrote: > I have written following formula on technical sheet of my workbook > =if(isblank(q31:q36),0,sum(q31:q36)/4) > which gives me correct answer true version ...

Internet Mail Service Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F0B.EE172F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Team, For quite sometime my Internet Mail Service for Exchange 5.5 get stopped = of its own. My present environment setup is:-=20 1. I have 5 Exchange administrative console located at 3 three = different building.=20 2. My OS is Windows 2000 Server with SP4 3. Exchange 5.5 with SP4=20 4.Running NAV for Exchange built 2.18=20 After going through application logs, I found following E...

New Project, Different Problem: AutoFilter?
I'm creating a database of outside trainers. Each trainer can handle multiple categories of training. It is essential that the training manager be able to create lists for specific categories as the need arises, as well as being able to do more standard sorts such as Name. Rather than making multiple entries for each Trainer (one for each category, which may reach 10+), I'd like to allow multiple entries in the Category column utilizing a key for each category. It seems that AutoFilter would be the ideal method for creating this db. Well, actually Advanced AutoFilter, since...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

Thread Problems
Found this from MSDN->codeguru, can't seem to figure out the problem.... class ThreadClass { protected: HANDLE m_hThread; //Thread handle bool m_bActive; //activity indicator DWORD m_lpId; //Thread ID public: ThreadClass(){} virtual ~ThreadClass(){Kill();} //Thread Management bool CreateNewThread() { m_hThread = CreateThread(NULL, 0, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)_ThreadFunc, (LPVOID) this, 0, (LPDWORD) &m_lpId); if (m_hThread == NULL) return false; m_bActive = true; return true; }; //Wait for thread to end bool Wait() {return (WAIT_OBJECT_0 == WaitForSingleObject(m_hT...

View Only Admin
I am having problems with the view only admin delegation. I put the appropriate group into the local admin on each exchange box but after a couple of days exchange removes this group. What is causing this and how do fix it so it leaves this security group in there. Thanks for your help -- Justin This can happen due to conflicting policies or rules. Try to enable Auditing for the security log and enable loging for Exchange in system manger and check results. "Justin" wrote: > I am having problems with the view only admin delegation. I put the > appropriate group ...

Internal Mail Problem
Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address in the properties. This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment. But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote: >Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal >user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address >in the properties. ...

Problem Printing w/Calendar Assistant
Every time I attempt to print a calendar using the Assistant it prints one page and then stops. I have tried to print multiple pages of a weekly calendar and each time it prints one week and then stops. I love the layout and colors of the calendar but I can not get more than one weekly calendar to print no matter how many weeks I select to be printed. Calendar Printing Assistant is known to be quirky. It works best with Outlook 2007. I cant say i know a fix for your issue. However, if you cant work around for this issue or you need a better printing solution, consider using...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

Outlook attachment problems
Dear Our oversea office sender using Outlook Sending message (HTML) insert a picture sending message to my office, when I have received the attachment auto duplicate one set in the message. I have asked the sender try remove the picture and FORWARD to my e-mail, but the attachment sill in the message and auto duplicate one set attachment. Out overseas office using MS SBS , user setup WG mode for outlook download message. I am not sure which part problems or virus effect. Please advice how to solve out the problems ASAP. JACKIE ...

Interesting problem in Money 2005 and MSN link
Money 2005 Premium. I swore I'd never link to MSN on the web but yesterday somehow got there by trying to set up an MBNA card. I finally figured it wasn't worth it so I removed everything - passport and all data. Here is the interesting thing. Previously, my mny file was 46MB after a shrink. After removing everything, it shrank to 41MB. I didn't really care since I had a backup but I decided to explore further. In putting everything through MSN and then disabling it all, it reversed the sign on 2 transactions (one in 1998, the other in 2003) but nothing else was touched. All 22,...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Help With Problem: Nested IF Function, Office2K v Office2003
Hello Group, I'm looking for some help with a nested IF worksheet function. Shown below is a formula that I'm using in a model. =SUM(IF(worksheet!$A$3:$A$54=DATEVALUE("9/1/2005"),IF(worksheet!$B$3:$B$54="<90",worksheet!$C$3:$C$54,0),0)) If short, what I'm trying to do is scan the data in two columns and for any cells which meet the TRUE case in both columns, then sum the third numbers for all cases returning TRUE-TRUE. If either cell returns a FALSE, then enter 0. I created the original formulas and model in Office2000 and have used the model for more tha...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

Problem with IE 8 03-09-10
my laptop just upgraded from vista to windows 7.using the IE 8 and decide that i would like to save some website links to fravorites.but i could not save any links.unknown reason.The previous saved links also were missing too.Tried using the key board short cuts but still unable to save any links. I would seriously like an assistance for this matter or a patch to solve the glitch.. THANKS !!!! [You may have upgraded your laptop to Win7 but it didn't do it on its own.] Unspecified error when adding a link to Favorites in Windows Vista and Windows 7 - The Winhelponline Bl...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

problem sending mail to yahoo
Hi everyone, I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. Running SBS2003. I can send mail to everyone apart from YAHOO. Gmail, Hotmail (any of the main freemail providers) with no problems. I've just disabled my SPAM filtering software to see if this helps. Has anyone else experienced similar problems??? HELP :-) Dave what specific error are you getting? "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ukNSYoveFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. > &...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

2 Axis Pivot Chart
Is it possible to create a 2 axis (a combination of line & bar) chart from a pivot table? Sure is, did you try? Right click a series that you want on the secondary axis, choose Format Series, and on the Axis tab (Excel 2003 and earlier) or the Series Options tab (2007) select the Secondary Axis option. To change the chart type, right click on the series, choose (Change) Chart Type, and select the type you want. Of course, the pivot chart is likely to lose this formatting when it is refreshed, Which even Microsoft admits is a problem. They suggest recording a macro next time you f...

the cbSize problem
I've been talking for a long number of years about the scewup that named the first 32-bits of structures that contain a length. I just wrote a little script that did an analysis of the entire 1.4megalines of the Platform SDK (it fits nicely with my current task of revising my Systems Programming course for Vista). The script is rather simple, and analyzes the first line of all of the platform SDK structures, and if the first line corresponds to a set of rules it counts it. After analyzing 1.4 megalines of source code, I found 10,160 structures, of which there were 675 which met the rule...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

IF problems, PLEASE HELP!!!
Hello, I am having trouble with "IF" I need to be able to say: IF E4 is 0-550: "start up"; 551-650: "moderate";651-850: "gettin there"; >850: "got there" How do I write this as a forumla? Let Me Know -- ryangruh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ryangruhn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1603 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27497 try this dude! =if(and(e4>=0,e4<=550),"start up",if(and(e4>=551,e4...