1/07                  700
3/07                  550
9/07                  600
10/07                550
7/08                  500
9/08                  700
2/09                  750
8/09                  600

I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note
that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I
create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a
line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in
time. Sounds simple but I am having difficulty creating it. If using months
on the x-axis, I get the connecting line dropping down to zero for the months
with no data. I want the line connecting only the listed Value points (i.e.
700, 550, 600, etc.)

Thank you,

Bill

Excel 2007
Various approaches with
PivotTable, PivotChart, Step Chart
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_10_09a.xlsx
0
Herbert
12/10/2009 7:06:20 PM
1. You need to enter the day, month, and year of the date, not just
month and year.

2. Remove the blank line between headers and numbers.

3. Delete the word Date so the top left cell is blank.

4. Select the range including both columns and the top row with the
blank cell.

5. Create your line chart. The valid date format and the blank cell help
Excel parse the data and plot what you expect.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Formula help wrote:
> I have the following data:
>
> Date                 Value
>
> 1/07                  700
> 3/07                  550
> 9/07                  600
> 10/07                550
> 7/08                  500
> 9/08                  700
> 2/09                  750
> 8/09                  600
>
> I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note
> that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I
> create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a
> line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in
> time. Sounds simple but I am having difficulty creating it. If using months
> on the x-axis, I get the connecting line dropping down to zero for the months
> with no data. I want the line connecting only the listed Value points (i.e.
> 700, 550, 600, etc.)
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bill

0
Jon

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

CSV File Problem

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Rounding Problem

Month problem

Offline folder problems #2

shortcut with command line switch probs
Hello, I have a shortcut set up which has the target declared as: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" / "\\path_to_file\myfile.xlt" This works fine on my PC. Excel 2000 running on Windows XP. Unfortunately it doesnt work on someone elses PC, who asked for m help! They have the same software set up, and access to the same folde path. When they try to run the shortcut, a window opens and closes almos immediately. Help?! : -- soloto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- solotoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

outlook 2k2 problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem