problem with drawing vertical line on chart

I'm using Peltier's
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html
to draw a vertical dotted line on a time series chart (to "split" the
chart at the current date).  But I can't get the vertical line in the
right place.  I think it's setup correctly:

	Today
5/21/2006	0
5/21/2006	1

I think the problem is the secondary axis scale.  Excel thinks it's a
number series instead of a date series.  Any help on how to tell Excel
it's also a date series, or any other ideas on how to get the line in
the right place?  Thanks.

<barbetta3141@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Peltier's
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html
> to draw a vertical dotted line on a time series chart (to "split" the
> chart at the current date).  But I can't get the vertical line in the
> right place.  I think it's setup correctly:
>
> Today
> 5/21/2006 0
> 5/21/2006 1
>
> I think the problem is the secondary axis scale.  Excel thinks it's a
> number series instead of a date series.  Any help on how to tell Excel
> it's also a date series, or any other ideas on how to get the line in
> the right place?  Thanks.

Have you tried Format Axis/ Number tab/ set as date (& then, if necessary,
go to scale tab & set min & max to sensible dates, remembering that you can
put data in as dates, but when you read the values they will appear as
numbers).
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)
5/23/2006 3:03:02 PM
Here's a trick that didn't make the web page. After Excel gives you the
secondary axes go to Options on the Chart men. On the Axes tab uncheck the
secondary X axis box. If the chart is suddenly distorted with some points
squashed off to the left and the vertical line is off to the right, it means
the line series is using a category axis, not a time scale axis. Either
change the axis to a time scale axis (Chart menu > Options > Axes tab,
Primary X Axis, choose Time Scale, not Category or Automatic), or use a
number for the X value for the vertical line. Count the points to the left
of where the line should go and add 0.5. For example, if the line goes
between the 6th and 7th points, use this:

6.5    0
6.5    0

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

<barbetta3141@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Peltier's
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html
> to draw a vertical dotted line on a time series chart (to "split" the
> chart at the current date).  But I can't get the vertical line in the
> right place.  I think it's setup correctly:
>
> Today
> 5/21/2006 0
> 5/21/2006 1
>
> I think the problem is the secondary axis scale.  Excel thinks it's a
> number series instead of a date series.  Any help on how to tell Excel
> it's also a date series, or any other ideas on how to get the line in
> the right place?  Thanks.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Charts #3
If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 to 100 How do I do this? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday WHERE? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday "jr" <kiii63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00fc01c36813$5688d060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > double click on the current chart axis values on the > desired chart axis. You can set the scale in the popup > window. > >-----Original Message----- > >If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 > to 100 How do I do > >this? > >...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

Vertical Header in Excel
Is there a way to make a header in excel run down the side of the spreadsheet (vertical header)? You can freeze panes so that certain columns are always visible. Is that what you meant? If yes, then make sure the column(s) that should be visible is showing. Then select the column to the right and window|Freeze Panes (in xl2003 menus) For instance if I wanted column A to be always visible, I would make sure column A is visible to start. Then select column B and window|freeze Panes. On 05/18/2010 09:09, Erika wrote: > Is there a way to make a header in excel run do...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

run Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line
This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? (like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) In a command line I am not sure. Try posting at microsoft.public.publisher.programming Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. > >How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? >(like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) >. > ...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

time line in chart
Hi How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. timeline Thanks Jon I know this is too elementary, but go from here: You have a scatter chart from A1:B6 (X A1:A6; Y B1:B6) 10 3 11 4 12 5 13 6 14 7 15 8 A 2nd source series is A8:B9 (X A8:A9; Y B8:B9) 13 0 13 6 giving you the a vertical line at X=13. "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi >How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. >timeline >Thanks >Jon ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.prone...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Help on adding values to a bar chart
Hello, Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells, I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!! Thanks. To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, h...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Spam in subject line
I am using WIN2K and running microsoft outlook 2003 and some are running OE6. We are on a network running dsl on a Linksys router and are NOT using an in house mail server. The problem I am having is... whenever I send email to anyone on the network or even to myself it always returns with SPAM: in the subject line. I have added our domain as safe senders in the rules and the emails do not get stuck in the junk folder but SPAM will always be on the Subject line. We run a dynamic ip and a few months ago the IP was flagged at DSBL for running an open relay, but ever since the Ip addre...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...