Problem updating references on a chart

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with 50 tabs.  Each tab has a 6 month audit score that
looks like this:

MAR   APR   MAY   JUN   JUL   AUG
100%  100%  100%  100%  100%  100%

There is a bar graph linked to these cells on each tab.  What I am trying to
do is group the tabs together, then delete the MAR score, shift all cells to
the left, then add a SEP score.

The problem is... when I try to do that, the graph changes to only show APR
MAY JUN JUL & AUG.  I can't get it to automatically add SEP.

I could do it individually but that would be very time consuming to do it
for 50 tabs each month.

Is there an easier way???  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks...

Katie
0
Katie (75)

Katie, You do NOT win friends by continuing to post the same question over
and over.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a spreadsheet with 50 tabs.  Each tab has a 6 month audit score
that
> looks like this:
>
> MAR   APR   MAY   JUN   JUL   AUG
> 100%  100%  100%  100%  100%  100%
>
> There is a bar graph linked to these cells on each tab.  What I am trying
> do is group the tabs together, then delete the MAR score, shift all cells
> the left, then add a SEP score.
>
> The problem is... when I try to do that, the graph changes to only show
APR
> MAY JUN JUL & AUG.  I can't get it to automatically add SEP.
>
> I could do it individually but that would be very time consuming to do it
> for 50 tabs each month.
>
> Is there an easier way???  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks...
>
> Katie

0
Don
10/19/2004 2:40:43 PM
Hey friends, let's give her a break. Her three posts are identical and time stamped
within three seconds of each other, and she posted using the CDO web interface. Even
though they've revamped the interface, I still don't really know what it's doing. I
know I've never pressed the send button two or three times</snort>, but it happens.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Don Guillett wrote:

> Katie, You do NOT win friends by continuing to post the same question over
> and over.

Conversion Problem
I know that the Subject might be a little off, but here's my issue. I am importing data from a spreadsheet into an Access database. In this particular column of data, the data looks like this: 911B00, 91FT20, 911000, 91E000. My issue is that when I import that column if data, for some reason it takes the records with a "E" (like 911E00) and displays them as exponential numbers and displays "9.10E+01" - how can I prevent Access from doing that - or what function can a put in a query to fix that? On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:50:51 -0800 (PST), Commish <mark.wolv...

Bond Yield Template with Payment schecule and chart (Excel)
Does anyone have a Bond Yield Template, payment schedule and chart for excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=87576e8c-1ad1-4aff-a5ca-3e574007bf1c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc You m...

Exit Do problem
Hi, My code for a Print button is as follow: Private Sub btnPrint_Click() ............. strCode = "" Do While Validate(strCode) = False strCode = InputBox("Please, enter code", "Print Table") Loop ............... End Sub The cancel button on my InputBox doesn't work. I need to let people exit the Do While Loop if they want to cancel. Thank you. -- Jeff Did you try: Exit Do -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Pl...

Update Issues
Has anyone experienced any problems with XP Pro updates sent in Feb.? My Lenovo T61p has performed flawlessly for 2+years but suddenly started turning off and now stays on but freezes-up. I can’t detect a virus and seems like the Feb. updates are all that has changed. I plan to uninstall them….between freeze-ups, unless someone has a better thought. Thanks >Has anyone experienced any problems with XP Pro updates sent in Feb.? My >Lenovo T61p has performed flawlessly for 2+years but suddenly started turning >off and now stays on but freezes-up. I can�t detect a ...

Re: Investments in 2004 Canadian Version (Known Problems)
"Douglas Collins" <NoneGiven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > You may wish to check the Microsoft Money Support Page (search on Canadian > investments). > There are known problems with foreign investments (I.e. Anything not traded > on US exchanges in US dollars); > Basically the stock quote feed used by MS Money only provides limited > information for non-us securities; > No stock history; no info on price changes / percent changes; high low > prices etc etc. > (only very basic closing price is given) > > The info related to Austra...

Problem with fstream and operator>>
I have a simple class: #include <fstream.h> class Data { public: CString WriteStr(); Data(); virtual ~Data(); CString Name; }; fstream& operator<<(fstream& fs, Data& x ) { fs << x.Name; return fs; }; fstream& operator>>( fstream& fs, Data& x ) { fs >> x.Name; return fs; }; I have been having many problem with this. Sometime I get link errors with just the code for operator<< and sometimes I d...

Only chart certain values
I'm trying to chart some data into a pie chart automatically once a moth or so. I just want to add the data and have the chart chart itself. The problem is that some of the data can come in with a zero value one month and other months a value above 0. For the months that it comes in as zero I don't want the chart to graph it. Is there a way to do this? Thanks jhorsley -- jhorsley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jhorsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26040 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Excel recalculation problem
Hello All, I am experiencing that the cells in one worksheets of my workbook start not recalculate automatically from some days though the sheet is set to recalculate auotmatically. I have tried F9 or Shift F9 to force recalculation but failed too. I need to pretend to edit the cell one by one, i.e. pressing F2 and enter. The cells then recalculate. Open and close the workbook also do not help. My Excel is XP. The workbook contains more than 20 worksheets and its size is 1.5mb. My pc has 512mb ram. Is it a Excel bug or insufficient of ram? Ctrl-Alt-F9 is supposed to do a full recalc...

POP problem
I cannot send e-mails from a website, only new messages from my contact list. Can someone help me set up POP correctly. E-mail cannot find server number I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only email=20 address? US/Canada free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.ht= ml and use the special settings for that service: http://help.yahoo...

clustered stack column charts
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? ...

Excel Pivot Chart Design
I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that change the color sceam but not the lay out(format) of the page? Anyone know if the law out and design option is available in office 07. Click any where within Pivot Table/Chart, accociated Manu Items will appear at right side on menu bar. "TAD" wrote: > I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option > for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that > change the colo...

Windows Update Always Fails
I'm trying to use Windows Update and keep getting the message: "Files required to use Microsoft Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer. To continue: Register or reinstall the files for me now (Recommended) Let me read about more steps that might be required to solve the problem" If I try to "reinstall the files" it just gives me the exact same problem over again. Please don't tell me this has something to do with anti-virus software. I'm running Symantec Endpoint Protection, I cannot turn it off because that's...

Anyone know when Oulook 2003 Contact Form Designer will have an update ? Or a workaround?
Anyone know when Oulook 2003 Contact Form Designer will have an update ? Or a workaround? I am trying to create a custom contact form in Outlook 2003 and want to base it off of the default contact form in Outlook 2003 and just get the old XP form. I went to knowledge base and they say that it is a known problem that the design form for Outlook contacts 2003 (only the contact form apparently) was not updated from 2000 or XP. Does anyone know when that will be fixed or have another workaround? I would like the new form to have the picture option that the default Outlook 2003 contact form has. ...

CLock same-thread double-access problem.
Hello everybody! This is my scenario: My application has one instance of: class CMapDevices : public CMap <long, long&, CDevice*, CDevice*&> Several threads can access this CMap; but they must not access it at the same time. So I added these member variables to CMapDevices: CSemaphore* m_sem; CSingleLock* m_lock; (...) CMapDevices ::CMapDevices () { CString sSemaphoreName; sSemaphoreName.Format("devs-%f",(double)(DATE)COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime()); m_sem = new CSemaphore (1, 1, sSemaphoreName); m_lock = new CSingleLock(m_sem);}So that wherever my code a...

customizing chart column color formats in code
I have some code that examines a set of data and generates a x1columncluster chart. Depending on the set of data, I may have any number of column clusters as a result. However, I currently format the columns manually to make certain groupings a given color and another group of columns a different color and so forth. I would like to automate this. Is there a way to go through each column like for x = 1 to numberOfColumns check group If group = 1 set color accordingly else set color differently end if Did that make sense? TIA Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditio...

How do I remove extra gridlines in a Excel 2007 Chart?
I am working on a chart in my worksheet for Excel 2007 and I want to know how I can remove extra gridlines. -- Maria A Adams Hi, Please define "Extra". In general you would right-click the axis and choose Format Axis, then on the Axis Options tab you would specify Max, Min, ... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "maria" wrote: > I am working on a chart in my worksheet for Excel 2007 and I want to know how > I can remove extra gridlines. > -- > Maria A Adams Thank you, but while I was waiting for a reply I was ...

Windows Media Player 11 encountered a problem while playing the fi
Following installations of a few video converting programs, my good old WMP 11 started to give the above strange error messages to all AVI files. Since I couldn't fix it, i uninstalled all the new programs and restored WMP 11 into WMP 10 but still, the same is happening - can't open AVI files; the error message now is: "The source filter for this file could not be loaded." and if i go to "more information" i get:"Error ID = 0x80040241, Condition ID = 0x00000000" and if i go further to Microsoft support i get:"You've encountered error ...

License problem, replacing users in CRM
Hi All, I have CRM1.2 with the MSDN license installed, I have tried to replace two of the users... Removed license from user, diabled user in crm, and removed the uesr from the OU's.. Then addes new user, assigned the license to them.. They are not able to login and get a license error. Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks! Are the old users still in AD? If you delete a user from AD before removing the CRM license, it causes big problems. You can try putting them back in AD, with the appr rights etc, then remove the license. MS will tell you to re-install or restore....pretty ...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Global Distribution list mailing problem
Dear All, I am having one Parent Doamin and one Chield Domain . One front end and two backend exchange server's . Domain Controller's Windows 2003 Enterprise with SP-1 Exchange Server Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise with SP-2 . All the Server are in same subnet .same location In the Globel Distribution Group Advance option Expansion Server Setting is " Any server in the orgnization " Problem :- I am having Globel Distribution Group for our departments or Team Groups . It was working fine . last few days I am unable to niether see the Global Distribu...

Problems with CRichEditCtrl...
Hi, I'm coding a mail-editor dialog where I'm trying to use CRichEditCtrl. If I load a file and show its content to user (in CRichEditCtrl), how can I clear CRichEditCtrl after that? The following code does not work... void CTextEditor::OnButtonClearAll() { // I can clear other controls in dialog normally (e.g.edit boxes)... m_strEdit1 = _T(""); m_strEdit2 = _T(""); // But this does not clear CRichEditCtrl... m_strMessage = _T(""); // This is member variable for CRichEditCtrl UpdateData(FALSE); // and this does not work either m_MessageE...

Pareto chart #3
Hi... how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? On Feb 6, 12:13 am, sekre...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi... > how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? > It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? Hi, please check online charts generator on www.qtcharts.com . there is also pareto generator gl stovar To make a pareto chart, sort your data in descending order of the numerical value (counts, instances, whatever), then make a column chart. If you want the line showing cumulative amounts, in the next column use a formula to construct a running s...

select * from #temp problem in HQ
Hello I have a client who Every time he tries to enter he has the following error: "name of the the object #temp not valid select # from #temp where [status] in (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7)" According to him he didn't do anything unusual just locate the server outside the office.. any suggestions? Thks in advance for your time This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0192_01C94979.AAC35BD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rod, Search for any QS*.tmp files on the hard driv...

Starting over
I messed up my previous message so bad I'm just going to start over. Using 97 database converted to 2000. Cannot use Switchboard. Turned on the DAO 3.6 Object Libarary and turned the ADO off. That helped to some degree, but now I get a new error message - Runtime error 438 Object doesn't support this property or method. When I try to debug/compile, the text that's highlighted is: Me! [Option1].SetFocus I don't know anything about code so I don't know how to proceed. Thanks in advance for your help. Val ...

data in the chart is wrong
Hello, I am creating a chart - Actual vs Budget, a simple chart, however when I do teh chart the % is wrong inthe data seris but not for all just the last 3 of them. The information in the table is correct but not representing it in the chart correct. Does anyone know how I can fix this? What kind of chart is it? If it's a line chart, did you accidentally select the stacked line type? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jaymee" <Jaymee@discussions.microsoft.co...