Problem inserting delta symbol into Excel

Dear Group,

    Hello.  I recently posted a question related to the issue of
putting a mu (=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts.  Someone kindly
suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol
into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart.
However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68
(susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D.  What
gives?   Why does one symbol work and not the other?  I even
downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still
did not solve the problem.   Any ideas??

   Thank you.

   John

John:  Did you try alt+0394 to represent the delta symbol?  I've used that
successfully in the past.
Jack

"johnmclaughlin48@gmail.com" wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
>     Hello.  I recently posted a question related to the issue of
> putting a mu (µ) symbol into MS Excel charts.  Someone kindly
> suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol
> into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart.
> However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68
> (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D.  What
> gives?   Why does one symbol work and not the other?  I even
> downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still
> did not solve the problem.   Any ideas??
>
>    Thank you.
>
>    John

Alt-0068 produces delta, if you're using the Symbol font. In a regular font,
Alt-0068 produced D (Alt-0065 is A, etc.). I don't see delta in any of the
three regular fonts I just checked
(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/tricks.html#ascii).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

<johnmclaughlin48@gmail.com> wrote in message
Dear Group,

    Hello.  I recently posted a question related to the issue of
putting a mu (�) symbol into MS Excel charts.  Someone kindly
suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol
into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart.
However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68
(susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D.  What
gives?   Why does one symbol work and not the other?  I even
downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still
did not solve the problem.   Any ideas??

   Thank you.

   John

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
9/13/2007 1:27:52 AM
On Sep 12, 8:26=C2=A0pm, JackGombola
<JackGomb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> John: =C2=A0Did you try alt+0394 to represent the delta symbol? =C2=A0I'v=
e used that
> successfully in the past.
> Jack
>

> "johnmclaughli...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > Dear Group,
>
> > =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Hello. =C2=A0I recently posted a question related to the =
issue of
> > putting a mu (=C2=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts. =C2=A0Someone kindly
> > suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol
> > into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart.
> > However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68
> > (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D. =C2=A0Wh=
at
> > gives? =C2=A0 Why does one symbol work and not the other? =C2=A0I even
> > downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still
> > did not solve the problem. =C2=A0 Any ideas??
>
> > =C2=A0 =C2=A0Thank you.
>
> > =C2=A0 =C2=A0John- Hide quoted text -

Dear Jack,  Hello.  Thanks for the suggestion.  However, on my
computer (Windows Vista running MS Office 2007) the alt 0394 produces
the following character: =C5=A0.  Take care,  John

Dear Group,  Thank you for your responses.  I could not find a way to
use the Delta Symbol in Excel.  The Delta symbol appeared in the
spreadsheet cell showed up as a captial "D" in the chart.  I found if
I left it blank and imported it into PowerPoint, I could create a text
box with a Delta Symbol and insert this into the empty space in the
chart.  There is probably an easier way to do this but.....

   Thanks again.

On Sep 12, 9:27 pm, "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmv...@SPAMpeltiertech.com>
wrote:
> Alt-0068 produces delta, if you're using the Symbol font. In a regular fo=
nt,
> Alt-0068 produced D (Alt-0065 is A, etc.). I don't see delta in any of the
> three regular fonts I just checked
> (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/tricks.html#ascii).
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>
> <johnmclaughli...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Dear Group,
>
>     Hello.  I recently posted a question related to the issue of
> putting a mu (=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts.  Someone kindly
> suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol
> into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart.
> However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68
> (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D.  What
> gives?   Why does one symbol work and not the other?  I even
> downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still
> did not solve the problem.   Any ideas??
>
>    Thank you.
>
>    John

Axis tick labels only support definition of a font format (font name, size,
bold, italic, color, etc.) for the entire label. In a textbox, data label,
axis title, or chart title, you can format individual characters, but only
if the text element is not linked to a cell.

- Jon
-------

wrote:
> Alt-0068 produces delta, if you're using the Symbol font. In a regular
> font,
> Alt-0068 produced D (Alt-0065 is A, etc.). I don't see delta in any of the
> three regular fonts I just checked
> (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/tricks.html#ascii).
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>
> <johnmclaughli...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Dear Group,
>
>     Hello.  I recently posted a question related to the issue of
> putting a mu (�) symbol into MS Excel charts.  Someone kindly
> suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol
> into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart.
> However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68
> (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D.  What
> gives?   Why does one symbol work and not the other?  I even
> downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still
> did not solve the problem.   Any ideas??
>
>    Thank you.
>
>    John

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Inserting form values into a table

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

copyright symbol
How do I remove a copyright symbol, I am typing in a cell (C) and everytime I get the copyright symbol. I do not have, symbols under the insert menu like I do in word. Thanks, Hi goto 'Tools - autocorrection' and disable/remove this entry -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A7637C14-E53E-4373-ABE0-DC7009DE2928@microsoft.com... > How do I remove a copyright symbol, I am typing in a cell (C) and everytime I > get the copyright symbol. I do not have, symbols under the inser...

SQL deadlock problem

Excel 2007

docmd.transfertext problem

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

How do I use traffic lights in excel

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Border problems