predict future data

Is there a way to create an XY line graph wih plotted
data, yet leave room to predict future data on the axes?
I can get the graph, but the x and y axes stop at the last
data points, and I want those axes continued so that the
existing data can be examined and future data predicted
and plotted on the same graph, but I am not sure how to
accomplish this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jeff
0
anonymous (74722)

1) Click on data series in chart, use Add trendline; in Option tab specify
some units forward
OR
2) Read Help about TREND and FORECAST, and SLOPE and INTERCEPT
OR
3) Get crystal ball (sorry!)

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to create an XY line graph wih plotted
> data, yet leave room to predict future data on the axes?
> I can get the graph, but the x and y axes stop at the last
> data points, and I want those axes continued so that the
> existing data can be examined and future data predicted
> and plotted on the same graph, but I am not sure how to
> accomplish this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/29/2004 7:20:33 PM
Jeff -

You can extend the Y axis by double clicking on it and changing the
Maximum setting on the Scale tab. The X axis works the same way if you
have an XY Scatter chart (not Line chart), or if it's a Line chart with
a time-scale axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Jeff wrote:

> Is there a way to create an XY line graph wih plotted
> data, yet leave room to predict future data on the axes?
> I can get the graph, but the x and y axes stop at the last
> data points, and I want those axes continued so that the
> existing data can be examined and future data predicted
> and plotted on the same graph, but I am not sure how to
> accomplish this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Send data to excel from access
Hello, I sent the results of an acces query to excel using code and everything worked fine. The problem is when I tried to add code to insert a formula on a specific cell I got an error message: Run-time error "1004" Application-define or obect-defined error the code that generate the error in access vba is: ..Range("C162").Formula = "=COUNTIF(C2:C157;" & "Normal" & ")" Any ideas how to add a COUNTIF in a excel cell from access vba code?? Tks in advance Hi Johnny, I was able to insert a CountIf formula into an Excel spreadsheet, u...

Getting data from user form into spreadsheet
Hi There. I have been using excel for a number of years & I'm just beginning to dabble with VBA so I am really raw. Can any one tell me how I get my data from a text box in a user form into my spreadsheet. For example TextBox1 data = 4.5 TextBox data = 3 and TextBox data = 10 I want this data to appear in sheet4 cells D126, E126 & F126 Place a button on your userform with this code in the click event Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Sheets("Sheet4").Range("D126").Value = Me.TextBox1.Text Sheets("Sheet4").Range("E126").Value = Me.TextBox2...

Average of Data->Validation->List
Hello, I have defined a Excel 'list' and have used its values as valid inputs (for certain range of cells). If this list contains 5 values (representing a 5-point rating scale) and if I want to find the average (first value of the list corresponding to '1' rating and the lst value corresponding to '5' rating), what should I do? Thanks, Ravi If the values in your pick list are numbers, then you can just use the AVERAGE function to average the cells. If that were the case, I presume you would have realized the answer yourself, so I will guess that the pick list ...

how do I extract the moving average trendline point data?
I'm creating large data sets with moving average trendlines. I need to creat new charts with ONLY the trendlines...maybe in a separate worksheet. Can the moving average trendline datapoints be extracted and copied to another sheet? Hi bobb, A moving average is calculated fairly easily - lets' assume you want a 13-point MA to smooth monthly data, you just need to average all values for the current month and 6 months above and below the current month. eg if data is in column A enter =AVERAGE(A1:A12) in cell B7 and copy down. A better way to smooth a time series is with a weighted...

XL2007: Path to Another Workbook for Pivot Data keeps getting rese
Is anyone else using Excel 2007 experiencing this bug?: I have two workbooks: - 1 with worksheets of plain text data in rows and columns - 1 with Pivot charts and other chart worksheets that get data from the other workbook. Every time I save the workbook with the charts, close it, re-open it, and try to refresh the charts, I get an error message: "Cannot open PivotTable source file 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\Applications Data\Microsoft\Excel[dataworkbook.xlsx]datasheet1'. My dataworkbook.xlsx file has never resided in that folder. It is always in "My Doc...

Adding New Data
As I have explained - I have a list of individuals like this... [SURNAME] [FORENAME] [SEX] [GROUP] [] denotes a cell. This is all on one sheet. On another sheet I have further details of the clients and thi information (on the first sheet called 'list') is repeated usin this.... ='List'!A2 etc... In the cells. I did this so if that data changes, so does the rest of it. I also di some ones for empty cells in case more was added. I've also named th range on the first sheet. Now, when I add someone new using a macro, I have to insert a new ro at the end, or everytime I a...

How to remove an external data source
Hi, Please guide me how to remove an external data source link in pivot as i need to make a new link (I am using excel 2007) Thanks Dinesh Hi - In your worksheet - go to the Edit Menu - then select 'Links' way at the bottom and go from there. "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Please guide me how to remove an external data source link in pivot as i > need to make a new link (I am using excel 2007) > > Thanks > Dinesh ...

Capturing Real Time Data
Hi, RTD is placed into an Excel 2007 cell via an Add In. This data is updated at random times. I would like to capture this data every minute and place it in another cell in the same Worksheet. Thanks. Here I go again. Last time I answered one of these it turned into a full out development effort. Ain't happening again!! But... You can set up an event to run at specified intervals. One of the better coding examples for it is Chip Pearson's code to make the text in a cell blink. That code is called once per second, you'd just want to change the interval to 6...

How to exchange data between property pages?
I am a beginer of eMbedded VC++ 3.0. I want to know how can I exchange data between property pages. For exampel, suppose I have two property pages. I need to use an edit box named m_edit1 in property page1 to store the value of another edit box m_edit2 in page2. I guess the codes may be m_edit1 = m_page2.m_edit2 in CPAGE1.cpp but I get error message showing undeclared identifier How can I tackle the problem? Thanks~ Use the GetPage method in CPropertySheet get the CPropertyPage object. CPropertyPage2* page2 = (CPropertyPage2*) sheet->GetPage( 1 ); m_edit1 = page2->m_edit2; UpdateDat...

Data labels in Chart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C56114.8ED26340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a bar chart that shows projected and actual numbers for four = quarters. I'd like to label each pair of bars with the PERCENTAGE between the = projected and actual numbers for each quarter, rather than the actual = number each bar represents. Is there a way to do this based on a formula? (As opposed to creating = text boxes and insertng them?) Thanks so much. ------=_NextPart_000_000E...

Import data from DBF files
What's the best way to import a large dbf file into Access (records from a DBase file)? I have one dbf that has over 220,000 records in it. It gets to about 75% and says "The search key was not found in any record." Everything is patched to the max (Windows, Office, Jet, etc). This doesn't happen with any other dbf file, but they are all smaller. Also, oddly, I can copy and paste 50,000 records in a shot and paste them through a query, but I don't want to keep doing that for every large dbf I have. The Access tables have no problem holding the data, just transf...

Moving Data #2
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets in it. The first worksheet is where I need all information that is entered below 0 zero (Column E) to be pulled to the front worksheet. How can I do this? My worksheets are all set up like this.. 1 A B C D 2 Item # Description Qty on hand Qty needed Orde 3 4 Teletype Paper 0 25 -2 4 5 8.5X11 COPY 2 10 - What I need is everything in co...

Hidden sheet tabs (to store data)???
I am thinking about using a separate sheet in my workbook to act as kind of a database of information which I want to keep separate from my other sheets. However, I do not want my users to be able to see this data sheet. Is there a way to make a sheet hidden?? Can the tab for the data sheet also be hidden?? Thank you! Robert Hiding the sheet will also hide the tab. In version 2003, select your sheet that you want to hide and then on the menu select Format -> Sheet -> Hide In version 2007, right click on your sheet tab and select hide. "Robert Crandal&qu...

Moving Outlook to another PC, and moving data files to another location
Outlook 2003/SP2, XP Pro/SP2. I've copied my Outlook installation to a second computer using Microsoft Files & Settings Transfer Wizard. Aside from losing account passwords along the way (intentionally I guess) it all seemed to work, surprisingly. Then, with Outlook closed down, I've manually moved the data files (I prefer to keep them on a separate drive as part of my disaster recovery system / backup regime), and pointed Outlook at the new location when prompted. So far as I know this is the recommended method for relocating data files. Outlook is working fine in its'...

correcting wind direction data
is there an easy way using excel 2000 to correct wind direction data by 90 degrees to the left ( minus 90 degrees) we have a couple of years worth of 15min readings to correct. You might be able to use the paste special command. In an empty cell put -90 (make it the same format as the data you want to change). Then copy it, highlight the cells you want to minus 90 from, and click EDIT, and then PASTE SPECIAL. Towards the bottom of the screen you will see a plus option which you click on and then push OK (or make the cell 90 and use the minus option). If this is confusing you can watch...

Data Range Mess
I am using the following raw data for my line chart. In this case I have 5 charts on each sheet tab. One for Bolts, one for Nuts and so on.. I also have 25 sheet tabs for each customer. The way it's set up now is that the line chart only covers the data range of year 2002, 2003 & 2004. When I want to add each year I have to go into 5 charts on each tab and 25 tabs for each customer to select that data range. Initially, It should have been set up to highlight the data range up an until year 2008 so I could just plug in the numbers for each year and that data would populate ...

Data Validation combo box click
I am trying to create data validation with larger text and have followed the instructions in here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal14.html precisely but it's not working. I'm working in Excel 2007. Is there something different I need to do?? It appears to run a macro when I click on the cell but the validation list doesn't appear. I am using a named range for my validation list but I can't imagine that would help. I don't know where to start to debug it - I'm not used to working with these sort of macros, ie I can't seem to 'step' into it ...

Stacked column, remove label if data is zero
I want to create a stack column and include in the data label, the series name and the value. Is it possible to remove the data label for zero values? Is it possible to adjust the gap at column level instead of chart level? Thanks, I forgot to mention that I want to remove the data label dinamically and not manually. Thanks "Mr.LuckyMe" wrote: > I want to create a stack column and include in the data label, the series > name and the value. Is it possible to remove the data label for zero values? > > Is it possible to adjust the gap at column level instead of cha...

Data Migration Manager Data Upload Error
When using DMM for CRM 4.0, I am getting a data upload error that says "The Microsoft Dynamics CRM record could not be created." I get this when trying to upolad files that previous uploaded without errors. Is my DMM not talking to my CRM? ...

Tool required for importing Analytical Accounting data
A tool for importing Analytical Accounting data with core transactions should be developed. Customer has several stand alone Great Plains installations (in distant countries) and wants to import GL entries with Analytical Accounting data into a centralized Great Plains environment. An import tool would also benefit customers who import GL, AP, AR, SOP transactions from external non-integration applications. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

linking data
I know how to set up links so dates on a Production Master schedule, that show the dates that boats the firm I work for import will arrive will in Australia off ships will automatically change on a Commissioning schedule in a different workbook. What is causing problem tho' is that the data in the source worksheet has to be re-sorted when data alters and once the cell reference of cells that have been linked alters the link doesn't seem to move to the new cell....as a formula would. A fellow worker has suggested that it may be called a "Special Link" but I have got l...

Sharepoint migrated data, alternate access mappings
Hello My situation: I performed a migration from sbs2003 to 2008, my problem came at the companyweb migration, I got the content into a new web app (http://companyweb5) I then used stsadm to export the data, but the import into companyweb failed after 3 hours, running out of time (this was late on Sunday eve) I stopped the companyweb site in IIS, changed the host header in IIS for companyweb5 to listen for companyweb, changed the alternate access within central administration....changed default remote.domain.com:987 to remote1.domain.com:987, removed mapping to companyweb, ad...

When extracting from column A no data
Hi I have the following function extracting data from a seperate workbook =TEXT([SurveillanceDup.xls]RDBMergeSheet!B2,) Data is extracted to the new workbook When I use =TEXT([SurveillanceDup.xls]RDBMergeSheet!A2,) No data is extracted There is data on Column A and B the SurveillanceDup.xls. This is a strange one Has anyone any ideas? Thanks Eddie OK I just figured it is something to do with TEXT, but cannot find another function. On May 5, 1:14=A0pm, webels <eid...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have the following function extracting data fr...

Showing totals in data table in a line chart
I'm trying to show the totals of two data series in a line chart. Everytime I inlude the cells in the data range the total cells are plotted in on the chart. Is there a way to dispaly the sum of the cells and not plot the totals on the chart? Bill Hi, How do you want to display the total? 1. Don't include the totals in the range you select to plot, then add a textbox and enter the total. To make the textbox dynamic - select the chart area and type = and click on the cell where the total is. Press Enter. Move the textbox whereever you want it. -- If this helps, please cl...

'xxxxx' data in SOP, POP files
GP Version 9, running on SQL 2000 w/Nolan Advanced SOP, Myridas Intersite, Myridas Vendor Pricing, GP Manufacturing We have 10 GP companies. Last week, 2 of the companies had a couple of Sales Order Headers and Purchase Order headers where all of the character data was 'xxxx' and all of the numeric data was '999. Some of the orders had detail lines with the same kind of data. The SOP headers had SOP_TYPE = 7 and 8. The data looks suspiciously like the data used for alignment or what appears when you do a print preview in GP report writer. Can anyone shed light on this even...